Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Learn something new every day eh? But you can thank Google not me. :D

Seriously try packing your bowls looser, they looked way too tight (especially with super sticky herb) from the photos you posted in the other thread. Just lightly scoop a little into the bowl and gently brush away excess. Cover the screen but don't jam in tight. It's' gotta breathe. Sometimes you can tap the side of the bowl to even the load a bit. Try the smaller puffs as well.

I'd bet money that's your problem. Could be more, but Tom personally checked your unit and sent it back, right?. I refuse to hear someone say the Vaporbuddy is amazing and the PD is crap. Does not compute.

edit: If you really want to sell your PD at a discount because it's broken/sucks please shoot me an email through the forum.

vtac,

Phocas

i am dying inside for one. I check vapenow everyday. What are the chances I can get my hands on one?

mod note (and warning): availability posts are not appropriate.

Phocas,

niterider32

I've been refreshing vapenow all day today, no luck yet.

mod note (and warning): availability posts are not appropriate.

niterider32,

captainhits

Retailer
vtac said:
Learn something new every day eh? But you can thank Google not me. :D

Seriously try packing your bowls looser, they looked way too tight (especially with super sticky herb) from the photos you posted in the other thread. Just lightly scoop a little into the bowl and gently brush away excess. Cover the screen but don't jam in tight. It's' gotta breathe. Sometimes you can tap the side of the bowl to even the load a bit. Try the smaller puffs as well.

I'd bet money that's your problem. Could be more, but Tom personally checked your unit and sent it back, right?. I refuse to hear someone say the Vaporbuddy is amazing and the PD is crap. Does not compute.

edit: If you really want to sell your PD at a discount because it's broken/sucks please shoot me an email through the forum.
I'ts not the loading I've loaded it every way including the highway, very loosely and always with dry ground herb. There's a bit more dynamics to this whole story that dosen't need to be aired but I definitely don't think the PD's crap and infact think quite the opposite. Just happened to get one with bad juju. Tom and Pammy stood behind it and offered me a refund so there's nothing to sell. As far as the Vaporbuddy, listen I discovered it on a whim...normally I'd only consider something that has a reputation as being the best. In this case the market is so saturated with garbage that there are diamonds amongst the garbage to be discovered, and the vaporbuddy is definitely my diamond and anyone who appreciates a pure clean thick bongload vaporized to perfection should not pass it up.

BTW I'd LOVE to hear any and ALL comments and thoughts on the pictures showing the bowl after trying to use it with the car adapter plugged in for 2 hours to 3 different power sources. Does that looked vaped to anyone? And the side by side comparison using the wall wart VS. the car adapter. Can anyone see any difference there? If I was a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon I'd say one looks 'hotspotted', and the other looks undercooked and completely unvaped. Im neither but I am the one who didn't inhale any vapor from these green bowls:

captainhits,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
For your entertainment here's my stoned ass attempting to make a vid. Sun happened to be on the stairs... Really awkward position, almost fell over clearing it the second time. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CyUO5o4HIw

You can laugh at the vid but not at those clouds. :D

Definitely could have milked some more hits out of it but I like it medium rare.

I should probably be posting this in the skim milk thread, but this thread needs some help. Let's try to post more cool PD related stuff in here, guys. Give Tom a reason to check in. ;)

NO ONE IN THIS THREAD HAS ANY INFO ON AVAILABILITY. Except Tom, and he's not going to post here if everyone ignores the request to stop asking about it.

vtac,

lwien

One doesn't look vaped (something's amiss, either the power source or the cord) and the other looks exactly like mine after one hit if I hit it pretty hard and long. After a few more hits, the bowl is evenly vaped.

But yeah, those bowls do look overly packed.

lwien,

captainhits

Retailer
lwien said:
One doesn't look vaped (something's amiss, either the power source or the cord).
captainhits said:
Cord checked by Tom and powered using 3 different sources
lwien said:
But yeah, those bowls do look overly packed.
captainhits said:
loaded very loosely and always with dry ground herb.
I use the suck method. Any looser it would fallout. I don't have any question in my mind that it was an electrical issue.

captainhits,

lwien

captainhits said:
I use the suck method. Any looser it would fallout.
Not if you hold the PD like you're drinking a can of coke. I always hold mine angled down at about 45 degrees. Nothing falls out no matter how lightly it's packed.

lwien,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
captainhits, dunno what's up with the unvaped bowl, must be some power issue somewhere on your end.

The second bowl looks like a bowl that was packed too tightly. I can produce the same dark brown spot packing it tight and hitting hard/long.

A little technique results in a very even cook and from there you can vape it as light or dark as you want. Maybe your PD really is cursed, I'm still interested in it though. Email me. :cool:

vtac,

captainhits

Retailer
lwien said:
captainhits said:
I use the suck method. Any looser it would fallout.
Not if you hold the PD like you're drinking a can of coke. I always hold mine angled down at about 45 degrees. Nothing falls out no matter how lightly it's packed.
lol, I loaded the thing probably 200 times and I've got full functioning senses :D. It was loaded all 2 different ways possible. All with the same results. :wave:

As mentioned powered using 3 different sources, in home with an inverter and 2 different cars, no power issue. Vtac..returned it for refund nothing to sell here :)

captainhits,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Oh, I thought Tom checked it out for you and sent it back with a clean bill of health.
Alright so if that's the case and you got your money back, can we let sleeping dogs lie? :horse:

Tom's the one who lost money here. Damn... thought I was gonna score a cheap PD. :lol:

vtac,

rukus13

Nice vid vtac. Nicely illustrates what a difference lighting makes. In the top section of your bong where the shade is it looks like hardly anything while in the sunlight it looks like you just ripped a whole bowl through there lol. I get the same effect at night in a dark room blowin smoke towards the bright tv. Lets you see what efficiency you are really getting even if you don't always have visible smoke. I'd say smoking the same amount during the day I would have probably two lung fulls that aren't visible but make a cloud in the right lighting.

rukus13,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
damn captn...your missing out on a quality wooden friend. oh well at least you gave it a chance and acted politely about all of it...thanks for that :)

edit// some think this is a joke^^ well it aint

Hennessy1414,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Awesome vid vtac!

I definitely think lighting is a big factor in the "fun" of vaporizing.

It's always great to vape next to a window catching the morning sun, MASSIVE clouds that linger around. If all else fails, vaping in front of a computer monitor gives me the same effect.

I was hitting my SSV with next to no light the other day, got VERY high, but the only visible vapor was coming directly out of my mouth then dissapearing... not as fun :D

Chubba,

captainhits

Retailer
Hennessy1414 said:
damn captn...your missing out on a quality wooden friend. oh well at least you gave it a chance and acted politely about all of it...thanks for that :)

edit// some think this is a joke^^ well it aint
I know it!! Ironically Ill be buying another one at the new premium. In the end patience and diligence always pays off. :ninja:

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
vtac said:
Oh, I thought Tom checked it out for you and sent it back with a clean bill of health.
Alright so if that's the case and you got your money back, can we let sleeping dogs lie? :horse:
Tom's the one who lost money here. Damn... thought I was gonna score a cheap PD. :lol:
He did and it wasn't. The thread was brought from another discussion about the vaporbuddy. The return is quid pro quo. ;)

captainhits,

The_Algebraist

Anyone else leaving their PD on timer? Just this morning I hooked mine up so that she starts to warm up a good 50 minutes before I walk in the door in the evening. I know that they can be left on 24/7 and all, but anyone else just a tiny bit nervous having it on when you're not home?

I was vaping with my girlfriend yesterday evening and she was simply shocked at the kind of clouds we were getting from a single bowl pack. Using the Sherlock-suck method (say 5 or 6 little Sherlock puffs = 1 hit) I'm able to get on average 4 solid hits with visible vapor. I always do a couple more once the vaper isn't visible just to make sure I milk all of the goodness out before I cash the bowl. I'm going to hook the PD up to the LUX this weekend, will post some pix then.

ps. Vtac, lovely clouds. lovely clouds. :)

The_Algebraist,

Phocas

I am sooo pumped!! I hope today is my lucky day!!! I am doing nothing at work today except refreshing and taking care of business!!

Phocas,

max

Out to lunch
Nice clouds on the vid vtac. The only downside was that part of your face was showing. :ugh: Couldn't you have worn a paper bag or something? :rofl:

max,

The_Algebraist

I haven't been able to dig up any info on this and I was just curious.

1.) When was the first PD born/when did Tom and Pammy start making/selling them in their current state?
2.) What kind of life expectancy can a PD user expect to get out of a unit? I know that there are a number of variables that might effect the longevity of it, but I'm just talkin' on average. A decade? More?

The_Algebraist,

UncleHerb

Max, Thanks for sharing your positive opinions of the Purple Days vape. I should begin my PD experience by the end of the week according to the email I received yesterday.

UncleHerb,

Phocas

Still refreshing!! I can't wait to join the family!! I plan to leave my PD plugged in 24/7 . Everything I am reading says this shouldn't kill the lifespan of the device. Is that correct?

Phocas,

lwien

Phocas said:
Still refreshing!! I can't wait to join the family!! I plan to leave my PD plugged in 24/7 . Everything I am reading says this shouldn't kill the lifespan of the device. Is that correct?
Yes.

lwien,
Top Bottom