Purple Days - The tips and tricks

stickstones

Vapor concierge
TIP: When I get a really stubborn bowl that won't blow out...Get ready to blow into the bag like normal, but before you blow, cover the metal tip through the bag with your finger (finger on outside of bag so it is plugging up the bowl with the cloth between the bowl and your finger). Then blow while keeping your finger on the end so nothing comes out and pressure is built up. Then release the finger and the extra pressure blows that sticky bowl out almost every time.

I second the tip of warming up the bowl first.

Redabob...you've inspired me. I usually only vape at night due to circumstances. But twice this week, while at home and needing to do some work but not wanting to, I took a puff or two off the PD and it helped me focus on doing the work without slowing me down or dumbing me up. I only vape to get fucked up, so I usually over do it. This is new to me and fun! You and Volcano South have it made being able to vape and work!

stickstones,

redabob

bobader
Hehe thanks stick, never knew I could inspire anybody. PD (and maybe any vap?) tend to give me that clear high, not too lazy, but that calm buzz that I love the most. I always do the same blow with every single stem that I'm done with LOL :D, its the most effective I've found it, it doesnt burn/heat your fingers that way too

Its 10:06am in Oz, been working on a java program since 4:30pm yesturday without any sleep. 58 bowls though, and barely a scratch of a 1.5g of herb for the whole period, 373 java code lines later, and the little thing still standing strong as ever.

redabob,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Anyone in Australia, Europe, etc looking for a cheap power adapter for their PD? I ordered one from here. It arrived from Hong Kong today, 10 days after payment. Seems to work ;)

hazy,

Purple-Days

As long as you bumped it, I would like to add that I have my PD turned 'backwards'. I use it with the wire facing me. As I pick the PD up the cord drapes naturally with the forces of gravity. Lots less stress on the cord and plug.

While the cord to the rear may seem more 'correct', maybe the other way around is right... watch the cord and tell me. Doesn't that seem to eliminate a lot of the stress imposed by the 'right' way?

Purple-Days,

rukus13

Hmm I thought cord down was the right way. Just seemed right to me maybe I'm backwards lol.

rukus13,

HoneyAir

stickstones said:
TIP: When I get a really stubborn bowl that won't blow out...Get ready to blow into the bag like normal, but before you blow, cover the metal tip through the bag with your finger (finger on outside of bag so it is plugging up the bowl with the cloth between the bowl and your finger). Then blow while keeping your finger on the end so nothing comes out and pressure is built up. Then release the finger and the extra pressure blows that sticky bowl out almost every time.
I SECOND THIS TIP WHOLEHEARTEDLY. Its made quite a difference.

While using the muslin bag, I've learned to make sure its a TIGHT seal and not loose, else when I do this pressure-release tip I get some in my eyes. :lol:

HoneyAir,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've also found I can repeatedly tap the end of it while blowing and it comes out even easier.

stickstones,

lwien

stickstones said:
I've also found I can repeatedly tap the end of it while blowing and it comes out even easier.
Ok, I'm not EVEN goin' to go there............:uhoh:

lwien,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I couldn't find silicone...so this glass stem will have to do :cool:

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg
:brow:

look at that honey...pretty good filter if you ask me ;)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
That is actually pretty clever Henn. I bet that stuff that collects in the bends will be some mighty tasty shit. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

I've got a new tip:

Unfortunately a customer learned this one the hard way.

Never try to pour essential oils or other aromatic fluids into the copper cup while it is sitting on the diffuser. Your aim and steady hand may not be so steady. Oops !

Obviously pouring a liquid into a plugged in PD, well don;t ! :lol:

But the important part is you don't want your vape smelling like eucalyptus (or patchoulli) for the next...

Load that copper cup outside of the diffuser. And a few drops in the cup at a time can help prevent spills. It doesn't need to be more than a few drops. And remember stripped incense is a dry and practicle way to handle the aroma trip too.

:peace:,
Tom

Purple-Days,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I was just thinking that last night....hahha I even remember a guy in the PD thread that did that..ohh who remembers how many pages ago :lol:

Part of my skin got cut (walking bare feet places) and it felt pretty raw. I thought fuck it and dabbed a small glob of buzz butter on my skin...got it slightly melty then just rubbed it on like I would the PD ;)

really gave a layer of protection on my skin...healed quicker than usual and didn't hurt afterward like it did before. Buzz-Butter FTW :D

mini pd tip #421

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Hennessy1414 said:
I was just thinking that last night....hahha I even remember a guy in the PD thread that did that..ohh who remembers how many pages ago :lol:
was that a jab at me or did you really forget? :lol:

ya i spilled dirty paint water down the tube, i rinsed it out immmediately and its good

the biggest problem with essential oils is that they arent usually very water soluble., so rinsing it wouldnt completely fix it

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
~Sticks.... cheya :D :lol:

~AoZ.... :lmao: :whoa: damn man it was you! I totally forgot..but it was prolly digging in the back of my mind that it was you...great stuff man. made me laugh my ass off. Aoz always knows when to chime in ;)

Hennessy1414,

Purple-Days

Nope, not AofZ, not sure if he is even a member here, and it happened in the last week or so. It was an aromatic oil and your right it ain't gonna rinse off.

Best advice we could give was plug it in 24/7 and time will do it's work. Like the aromatic in the wood itself those 'oil' aromatics will dissipate with the heat and time.

Believe me, my 53 years are filled with examples of not thinking ahead. This fellow learned the hard way (like I often do). Maybe others will hear the warning and learn the easy way. ;)

Cool use Hennesey. :buzz: The B-B is pretty similar to the Burt's Bees stuff. I stood and read the ingredients for his lip balm one day and they aren't too different. He uses some lower melting point waxes in addition to the bee's wax, and some other stuff that we don't, but the basics of combined plant oils and bee's wax (used since the Pharaohs) is the same.

Purple-Days,

cannabananabis

As I posted in the original PD thread, you can easily make hash out of the iso used to clean your tubes. I use 91%, and fill the bottle halfway so it can be very well agitated, and after each cleaning I pour it onto a very very small tray and then pour it back in the bottle to be reused. After a couple tube cleanings, it'll be noticeably golden, and then I pour it onto the tray and let it evaporate in the bathroom (with the fan on) over night. The next morning, it's as easy as scraping it off with a box cutter.

It's just condensed vapor so it's only the 'good' stuff in the herb (plus it works extremely well), seems like such a waste to just throw it all out.

Also, another tip I noted in the same post was that the tubes fit 14.5mm joints, so any waterpipe with this size bowl will fit the PD perfectly.

cannabananabis,

lwien

cannabananabis said:
.....and after each cleaning I pour it onto a very very small tray and then pour it back in the bottle to be reused.
Why not just leave the iso in the bottle to be reused rather than pouring it onto a small tray between cleanings?

lwien,

cannabananabis

Iwein - because you can't get the tube out without pouring out the cleaning solution (that I know of). The tray is just my method of getting it back in easily.

cannabananabis,

lwien

Ahhh.......ok. I've heard of people using Q-Tips or unbent paper clips to get them out but I understand what you're doin'. Thanks.

lwien,
Top Bottom