Purple Days -- Still worth it if I have Volcano classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weedemon

enthusiast
pngwyn said:
So really the only downside is longer preparation, and worse for big groups? I might have to order this thing a little sooner than I thought, especially with the backorders ._.

I am very excited to try it out myself, though. Seems like I should have discovered this a loooong time ago :p

Also can anyone describe vaping through a bong? What's significantly different?

I prefer using my log though a lil bong over a dry stem. i can give it a stronger more powerful rip more easily with a bong than i can with a stem in my mouth. + the visual is a nice indication of it's working too! :D

i found once i have the bong filled i like to stop and clear it. this is more flavourful than continueing until my lungs need to stop and then clearing it. i dunno why but first off a short pull will taste better than a massive one.

oh i feel you get bigger rips off it when you use a bong too!

weedemon,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Magic wand and Vriptech can vape all the herb in 1 or two drawls.. You exhale fat clouds which means probably that you are wasting some.. But i its like a fighting game.. 10 weaker punches will cause more damage than one 10 times stronger,, but the chances you get blasted into knock-out are bigger on those wand vaporizers.. Thats what i like... One - two hits , then bliss... then what the fuck ? WOW... Damn I'm vaked...
BOth units have variable temp so on low temp you can get numerous tasty puffs off little amounts.. But what i like is that they can vape it all without combusting,.,

Abysmal Vapor,

hereatlast

Abysmal, nice links but it seems like the OP is not considering the MagickWand or the Vriptech at this point. Maybe its no longer relevant to continue singing their praises here?

When choosing the log vapes it seems pretty clear that a PD or a Zap is the way to go IMO. I think this decision is based largely on what company (couple :lol:) you want to support for whatever reason.

pngwyn said:
Also can anyone describe vaping through a bong? What's significantly different?
While still under construction, I think this link provides a fair introduction to what "vaporbonging" can offer:
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Vaporizing_with_a_Bong_or_Bubbler.

hereatlast,

Abysmal Vapor

What i do most is vapor bonging.. I own MW, homemade ceramic soldering iron station with DBV cover, access to vriptech and lsv.. Tried verdampfer in NL.. So when it comes to vaporbonging i think Those two i mentioned are superior to others.. }
The guy asked what is vapor bonging so i wanted to show him different styles .. They all look super cool to me... Thats why i linked ... not to support any brand or smth... I am not against PD or Zap... or any log vape.. i think i linked to a PD vaporbong shot.. So.. if you have problem with me being a happy user.. go check yourself :cool:

Abysmal Vapor,

hereatlast

Abysmal, I meant no offense. I too love to filter my vapor through water. :)

Check out the dedicated Zap thread for specifics but the Zap is now being made with a SS solid heating core. There is also an ongoing development of an added layer of insulation between the wood and the heater as well (cement insulator for prototypes/betas but possibility of alternate materials in the future?).

hereatlast,

pngwyn

I just submitted my order for a Fiddleback PD today :)

I am wondering how many stems do you usually have to pack if you want to get extremely medicated, and do you have to fill the stem carefully or is it stuff & go? Also what is the size of the bowl in comparison to the trench of an MFLB? About the same?

I packed up my Volcano today and we had our temporary goodbye, I just hope I can get as ripped off the PD without TOO much extra effort.

pngwyn,

Abysmal Vapor

I've think the enjoyment of log vaps is because you can hit slow.. and multiple times on a small amount of herb.. and its tasty till the end.. Do on your pd what you put in the volcano to make u fucked up and see what happens.. :) .. Then report ... If you get more stoned via long run vaping or by quick swallowing huge bag of vapors ..

Abysmal Vapor,

Nycdeisel

I can get about 3-4 PD stems out of 1 LB trench. they are very similar in efficiency, like I notice when comparing these 2(PD and LB) I get about the same amount of medicated effect from one LB trench as I would from 3-4 PD stems

Nycdeisel,

pngwyn

Woww, the stems are a lot smaller capacity than I thought.. they must be super efficient if you can really get 4-5 nice hits from just one stem. This is gonna be a long 4-6 weeks :ko:

I will definitely report back on my personal findings when I receive the unit :D

pngwyn,

Nycdeisel

It will require experimenting with dryness and grind of bud(these matter a whole lot more then you may think, similar to with the LB, this step is extra important to execute properly) as well as the way you load it. most people pack it too tight and cant get hits. After its been loaded up it shouldnt add much drag at all(compared to the empty stems airflow)

most log vape owners use the 'straw method' to get the herb in the stem. You simply suck up some herb into the tip and then DO NOT PACK, but either knock excess off the end carefully and firmly twist your finger on the end, or just suck extra hard for a quick second and tap the end of the tip a few times with the surface of your finger. hope that made sense. people have different ways of doing this but almost all seem to start with the straw method to actually load it in the stem.

You can usually get 3-5 solid hits from one stem pack.

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
A lot depends on the strain, too. I find that while some strains will give you only a few decent rips, some really nice stuff can pull plenty of vapor for 8 or 10 IME. Of course it depends on how big of a draw you normally take.

:2c:

Stu,

pngwyn

That made perfect sense, and it sounds super easy. :D Thanks for all the info

pngwyn,

SirElton

There's nothing better than a log vape in my opinion. Perhaps I just have the lifestyle that suits a log vape best, but I'd recommend them for anyone and everyone. No knobs to turn, no hoses nor bags to mess with, just quality vapor in one small awesome package. Besides, they are cheaper than 90% of the (quality) vapes out there.

SirElton,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom