Purple Days -- Still worth it if I have Volcano classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pngwyn

Heard some amazing things about the efficiency of the Purple Days, and I hear it's awesome for solo use, but I am wondering if you guys think it's worth it to get one if I already have a Volcano classic?

I haven't been able to try a Purple Days myself, unfortunately, but I also love the fact that you can use it through glass as well, and I have never vaped through a tube before, but it seems exciting though somewhat gimmicky, but maybe not.

I also have the choice to sell my Volcano and that would pay for the PD and new glass, but I also vape a lot with friends, so I don't know if the PD would be convenient for that, but perhaps the tradeoff would be worth it. It's just so hard to say because I haven't been able to give it a try, any input would be appreciated.

pngwyn,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Volcano has a large bowl, so its efficient for a lot of people. But PD has very tiny bowl and it's super efficient for one person. Yes, you can still use you cano alone or can use PD with a friend. If you are going to buy PD, do not sell the cano as you have said you are using it in groups.

Large bowl vapes like cano are like you put in 0.5g and get approximately 5 dense bags for 5 people.
If you will load 0.1g in there, you get 5 weak bags for 1 person.
If you load 0.1g in the PD, you can get an equivalent of 1 dense bag.

I don't have a cano neither a PD (but have EQ and MFLB, that is a comparable large/small bowl combo).

Seek,
Totally whats 200 dollars for replacing your volcano! Or the Toasty Top or Zap are both excellent alternatives. :2c: IMO

biojuggernaut,

weedemon

enthusiast
i'd say it's worth it too! keep your cano for now though. they are very different beasts!

weedemon,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
For the price of the cano you can get 2-3 woodeez,pd,TT,AZ, and enjoy with friends :D .. LOL
Magic Wand is also great for parties.. because it has a hookah adapter and the bowl cal hold like 0.5 g or more with no problem..you can also stack bowl's ,for example you can load your hookah bowl with 0.5 g and then place the 18mm on top of it with another 0.5 g or some concentrate(hash,oil) or even different herbs..
It has bowls that couples both with 18 mm and 14 mm gong that will work with any gong bong .. it has a hookah adapter..
Also for solo vaping there is a handheld attachment for direct drawl (taste is incredible on that mode)..
Also soon it is expected a bag blowing device to be release , expected to be some kind of silent pump that is going to be attached to the mw with solid valve similar to that of the volcano :).
MW runs bout 200 (all bowls + hand attachment +9 mm adapter,bag blow not released yet.. also new bowl expected and aroma top.)
For the price of the volcano you can get MW+PD+bong or hookah :p.
Also i think both products have lifetime warranty.. (MW for sure) ..
MW + some portable vaporizer would be also better for me than the noisy volcano.

Abysmal Vapor,

max

Out to lunch
In your situation, where you have use for a bag filler, I wouldn't sell the 'cano and buy a log vape. I'd sell the 'cano and buy a herbalAire or Extreme AND a log vape. Log vapes are great for dosing. You can really stretch your supply. But it's a very different design vs. a bag vape, and I can't help feeling like you'd miss the ability to get a lot of vapor in a hurry.

max,

Nycdeisel

Good advice, Max^

They cant replace each other. they are completely different kinds of vaporizers.
A bag vape has a certain use as does a log vape.

Nycdeisel,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
I'm not trying to hate on anyone, but I get tired of seeing all the "with the volcano money you could buy x, y, and z" Yes. True. I knew that when I bought it, though. Most people know it's crazy-balls expensive, but it's like buying a Mercedes or BMW over a Chevy... we just felt like it. A LOT of people say this on this forum. It's not exactly very helpful.

It's more about the prestiege... I love saying I have a volcano... I love envious vape noobs who see it and go "wow" or people that have never vaped see this warhead looking thing and go "whoa". I dig that shit. It's like having a nice car and seeing people stare at you driving down the road, good feeling.

We could also save hundreds a year by smoking cheaper medicine, but no one really wants to do that (unless they are forced--my heart goes out to your schwag smokers).

SO... if this forum would please stop talking to us Volcano owners like we're idiots with endless pocketbooks.

NOW, Pngwyn,

I've thought about getting a purple days for quite sometime (after I already had my Volcano as well). I've had friends tell me stories, and it sounds really cool. Plus, I like the idea of having different vapes for different occasions, ya know?

I would advise not selling your Volcano, as many others have stated, it's an entirely different monster. If I had an extra few hundred, I'd get the PD and some accessories... I just dropped money on the power adapter for the launch box, though. I would say go for it... it's nice having a party vape and a more conservative vape. It's like having a big crazy glass bong you only break out every now and then, and then having a little 12" tube for yourself.

And again, about my volcano rant, it's not just one person on this forum... there's lots of that "you guys spent dumb money" snobbery. Most regular people--or even smoking enthusiasts--would think we're all idiots for dropping hundreds of dollars on these gadgets, all depends on point of view.

good day, all.

wake n blake,

Abysmal Vapor

Volcano is not like buying a mercedes its like buying a tractor ... It does the job its powerful, im sure it can work like a heater in cold winters.. and also sounds like a tractor...
Don't you think that something is mercedes or ferarri if it is expensive.. Tractors are expensive too. Airplanes and choppers even more..

Abysmal Vapor,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Grammar will save you, but yes, it does have a lawnmower-esque sound.

And I used the expensive car brand to stick with my car metaphor. I'd have to come up with a farming type metaphor for the tractor one.

wake n blake,

Abysmal Vapor

I often mix my grammar with pot ... Sometimes both get vaporized..
Shhh don't vape or you will wake the neighbours :)... :lol:

Abysmal Vapor,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Well most posts here are telling him "keep the cano, get pd also". I've seen here only one post describing what could he buy for a cano price.

Seek,

Nycdeisel

true seek, but I see where hes coming from because most every other thread like this will have posts similar to that. and i wont deny that I do see a lot of hate for Volcano, which I think is uncalled for, BUT I also think its wrong for smokers and noob vaporists to automatically assume that the Volcano is "the best" when its really only being the most expensive that puts that thought into their heads plus all the hype of course.

it does get annoying, but save part of that reply for another thread with more of those posts. at least you are getting the message across blake!

Nycdeisel,

weedemon

enthusiast
I would like to try a few of the otehr bag vapes to compare against my volcano the herbal aire 2.1 or what not, the ion, and the oracle come to mind. I nearly sold my volcano to buy an oracle earlier this year. im glad i didn't sell it though.

yep the volcano is a hell of a unit! i have mine at a buddies house because he is vapeless. I had stopped using my volcano back in june. but since i started using it again at his place I have a new found respect for it. I can honestly say i have never been higher than after a couple sessions with my friend and we used the volcano for this.

a side note about my friend though, he;s the type of guy who will wake 4 or 6 advil when the recommended does is 2 :D so maybe that's why i have never been higher :p

one day we put in 11 different strains + 2 types of bho as well in it and I was WRECKED... like afraid to think about driving home lol :ko:

obviously 30 min later an i was fine.. but in the moment... holy shit!

weedemon,

pngwyn

Thanks for all the advice.. it's helped a lot.

I think I will actually keep the Volcano, if I resell it I am really only getting 2/3 of what I actually paid for it, and I have already been using it for a good 3-4 years now, and I suppose we have a special bond :)

I will probably end up picking up a PD or another log vape eventually, seems like a good investment. I guess vaping out of one thing all the time does get a little boring :) It'll probably be a bit though, I'm probably going to invest in some nice glass first, I have been doing some window shopping for quite a while.

Do you guys think in the long run the PD will pay for itself?

As for 'cano bashing, it reminds me a lot of the whole Mac vs PC thing haha.. reminds me WAY too much of it ~_~

pngwyn,

Nycdeisel

Of course! the log vapes are the most efficient vaporizers out there!

I have a PD and two zaps(need to add that to my sig) and with the recent SSS Zaps(solid stainless steel instead of the brass they used to use) they are much closer to what the PD is, they are both high quality. the Zaps dont take as long to ship, and are a similar price.

there will be more upgrades to the Zap VERY soon, so watch the thread for updates from Rick(the maker of Zaps)

Myself and others can attest to the fact that the logs are more efficient. My consumption was cut in half when switching from the DBV to the PD

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I can't recommend the PD enough. I have several vapes, but the PD is my daily driver now and sees about 90% of the vape action here in my mancave.

I do save money when using the PD, although that is not my main reason for using it. For me it is just the most comfortable vaporizer to use for a solo vaporist. For groups I have other toys. :cool:

I'd love to have a 'cano in my collection someday, too. I'm still scouring Craigslist for a pissed off soccer mom that wants to sell her son's volcano that she just confiscated for $25. Hey, I can dream, right? I'm sure it can happen.

:peace:

Stu,

weedemon

enthusiast
i leave my pd plugged in 24/7 and it's nice to have a vape ready to go as soon as i am home. i will hit that for a stem or 2 and by then my ssv is ready for action :D

the ssv is my daily driver. but i run the ssv and the pd though a lil bong too.

the pd(or any log vape) is esp good for:
- using a small amount for a session (0.025-.0075g per stem i think?) 13-40 stems per gram!
- better for less people. 1 ideally, but it will work for a couple more too.
- if you can leave it plugged in all the time, otherwise there is a 30-60 min wait for it to properly get up to temp.
- when you are looking for lighter clouds. this type of vape still packs a wallop, but i need to go though 3-4 stems before that happens for me.
-if you have time to take rips here and there all the time at your leisure then this is great! if you are in a rush, i'm not such a fan as i said i need to pack and reload 3-4 times to get nice and lit. (i'd rather just hit a trench in my mflb or a wand on the ssv and be done with it much quicker if i am in a rush)

the stems fit perfectly into a 14mm gg bong connection so you are good to go on that front. the whip rippers are better for vapor bonging btw. order some when you place your order if you go PD :)

if efficiency is what your after a log vape is the right place to come to! if you have time, the pd is a great way for dosing correctly without worrying about overdoing it/wasting extra herb. :D your tolerance level will be a factor though.

weedemon,

pngwyn

So really the only downside is longer preparation, and worse for big groups? I might have to order this thing a little sooner than I thought, especially with the backorders ._.

I am very excited to try it out myself, though. Seems like I should have discovered this a loooong time ago :p

Also can anyone describe vaping through a bong? What's significantly different?

pngwyn,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm a fan of vaporbonging as you might guess from my icon. Not all the time, but it's a nice treat. It allows me to take much bigger rips as it's less harsh on my lungs. Chilled vapor is even better and I indulge in that at times as well. I use my bubbler with the PD, but when I want to go cloud chasing I'll use my EQ with my BW inline for an insane session.

Give it a go, you'll like it.

:2c:

Stu,

pngwyn

I've looked into the Zaps before, but I think a majority of people were still recommending the PD over a zap from what I have read. I don't mind the wait time, I am actually intending on taking a short break from vaping as I await its arrival... plus the Fiddleback Maple looks amazing :D

I'm probably actually going to sell my 'cano for now, and save it for a future investment while getting a PD and some new glass instead :D very excited to start on this endeavor.

pngwyn,

Nycdeisel

It seemed like you did care about the wait time. oh well...

Overall I still believe the PD is higher quality materials then the Zap. but soon the zap will still have something that no other log vape will. PD is great though!

Nycdeisel,

Abysmal Vapor

Also can anyone describe vaping through a bong? What's significantly different?

Claimed to be first place on taste.. also top on vapor density.
Vriptech http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxBacFUbrJk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpdN26agTqs&feature=related
De Verdampfer.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_AOMIAEkGw&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d1B_c7kB4E

Herborizer..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DbDnc8C80Q

PD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmx4JXi-SDA

Magic Wand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ammTp0sg4EE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asx6RBaNATY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

The main difference for me is the that Vapor is cool ,moist, not throat irritating.. , dense and you get ripped like a mofo..

All also a new very high quality log vape line has poped up.. Check these beauties..Can be worked into vapebonging too somehow ,soon i will be getting hands on one of these .. and will tell in detail..:).
http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6164&p=1

Abysmal Vapor,

pngwyn

I was just surprised hehe, but it makes sense since it is only being made 1 unit at a time. Which is another thing that I just love about the PD.. each unit is made with TLC. :D

I hope they have the Oregon Myrtle back in stock soon, I will have to ask them about it.

Those vids are really cool, I like the wands, but I don't know if I like that they are restricted to use with glass. I'm also curious about the efficiency, the Vriptech did seem pretty legit though xD

pngwyn,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom