Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

cville

I am the proud holder of Order Number 3292, and I am honored to be on the waiting list!

Thank you, Tom!
:peace:

cville,

jofroxp

hey tom, I was wondering if there is also a wait time for billy-bowls, and how long is the shipping if I may ask?
Edit: The only reason I ask is because I am moving soon, and would like to know before I buy if it will come in time before I move, otherwise I could change the address and order once I move (Jan 5) and get it at my new residence.

jofroxp,

Plotinus

hi everyone.

so after a long adventure i was finally able to fire up the pd for the first time last night. i don't have anything to add to all of the reviews already here. it is a genuinely excellent product that far exceeded my expectations, and that i suspect i'll be returning to for many, many years.

one question i thought i'd ask: what's the best practice for the buzz butter? specifically: 1) how often should i apply it? and 2) how is it best applied? (with my fingers? a toothbrush? a washcloth? i don't know much about wood...i don't even know how to 'buff' something.)

anyway, i just wanted to say to Tom that you have my total admiration for this piece of work, and i hope you never abandon your ethic of taking whatever time you require to create a quality product. mega-corporations could take a lesson or two from you.

Plotinus,

lwien

Plotinus said:
hi everyone.

so after a long adventure i was finally able to fire up the pd for the first time last night. i don't have anything to add to all of the reviews already here. it is a genuinely excellent product that far exceeded my expectations, and that i suspect i'll be returning to for many, many years.

one question i thought i'd ask: what's the best practice for the buzz butter? specifically: 1) how often should i apply it? and 2) how is it best applied? (with my fingers? a toothbrush? a washcloth? i don't know much about wood...i don't even know how to 'buff' something.)

anyway, i just wanted to say to Tom that you have my total admiration for this piece of work, and i hope you never abandon your ethic of taking whatever time you require to create a quality product. mega-corporations could take a lesson or two from you.
If they did, then they wouldn't be mega-corporations. :/

I butter mine up once a month. I'll put the tin on top of a fully warmed up PD for a minute to soften up the butter a bit, and then apply it to a warm PD with my thumb. Rub it in really good and then buff with a soft cotton towl.

lwien,

diabeticgonewild

I just ordered it today. I'm order number 3684.

It probably will be a long wait. I am prepared to wait between 12-18 weeks, maybe even longer.

But at least this vape seems to live up to its hype, and seems to suit me most appropriately. :D

:peace:

diabeticgonewild,

BUZZHEAD

JEFF
I'm the proud owner of order #3248 (getting closer on time), can't hardly wait. Like a kid waiting to open X-mas gifts. The fact thats its hand made excites me. Thanks Tom for maiking it available to all us.
Regards
Jeff (from KY)

====================================
"Someone has defined genius as intensity of purpose: the ability to do, the patience to wait. . . . Put these together and you have genius, and you have achievement. - Leo J. Muir"

BUZZHEAD,

Purple-Days

Hey Buzz, yo, to the Bluegrass. Some fine crops and beautiful land. :2c:

+++ Thanks Plotinus. :D It's an all natural oil and wax combination. Hands work great, I get slathered in it, when giving the units a coating. All food grade stuff. :peace:

Purple-Days,

bostonjay

Hi Tom,

Just curious, do PD's still go out more or less weekly like they used to (based on posts I read), or has the new equipment made for bigger batches but less frequent shipments to vapenow? Or is it more random than either of those scenarios? No worries - just getting close and getting excited. Keep up the fine work....

bostonjay,

Purple-Days

We try to stay on a weekly shipment, or thereabout, but sometimes it goes 2 weeks or sometimes two in a week.

Batches can be a big help in production. Once you get in a rhythm things can go smoother and faster. So, getting all vapor tip material cut in one day (today, about a 1000 or so, may slow the weekly output in one sense, for this week, it speeds overall production in the long run. It's not a, build one PD, then build the next sorta thing. It's a juggling act. There are groups of PDs at several stages at any time, but no rigid production line.

Purple-Days,

Plotinus

yep, just tried it. setting it over the pd first was a great tip, thanks. smells amazing, too!

Plotinus,

Donkdafied

Aloha from Hawaii, stoked I got Lucky No: 3688, first time vapor noob, really looking forward to the experience. The PD looks amazing!:D

Donkdafied,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
i'm about to finish week 10 of my wait. no problem with the wait but it's a bit disingenuous to list the wait as 10+ weeks on the vapenow site. yeah, i know there's a (+) there but still.......the 10 is what people who buy a p.d. are going to base their order from and it's clearly longer than a 10 week wait. maybe 12-15 weeks would be a better time to list.

again, i have no problem waiting for mine but judging by the new posts the line is getting longer along with the wait time.

SSS,

bostonjay

order #2868, order placed 10/12/09

status changed today from "wait list" to "approved-FBA" so it's obviously pretty close

bostonjay,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh how exciting Boston!! I'm happy you'll be soon seeing yours :D

I'm waiting on my 2nd one and a REALLY good friend is now dying to get his hands on one. I'm considering ordering another and letting him have the one that comes next and ordering yet another... Since I already have one... I think it'd be a nice thing to do for a close friend :)

Order 3197 - Ordered 11/15 and back on the list I'll go I think :D :D

Lo,

Yukon Cornelius

My status for #2852 (Oct. 7th) has also been "approved FBA", whatever that means.

Sure am glad to see something besides "PD Wait List" under status. :D Especially after checking almost every day for the past month...haha

Yukon Cornelius,

Lo

Yukon... FBA means Fulfillment By Amazon.... This means Amazon will be shipping SOON :D WHee!!!

Lo,

tuttle

#2848 (Oct 7) is also FBA. 13 weeks 2 days for those trying to calculate current wait time.

tuttle,

tuttle

So unfortunately for me, the PD is going to arrive right around the in-laws come for a two week visit. What does the box look like and what is the return address, anything to incriminating?

tuttle,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Just tell them that its an aromatherapy oil diffuser. Aside from the stems (which can easily be concealed upon opening the package) you can even plug it in and give them a demo of how wonderful it makes the room smell :)

AGBeer,

Lo

Oh man!! That bites Tuttle!! The package in discreet Amazon package and YES it can be set up in plain view as an aromatherapy device :) but man, I'm so sorry to hear about the timing.

I'm sure you and your PD will still have some nice bonding time after the in-laws trip :D

Lo,

lwien

tuttle said:
So unfortunately for me, the PD is going to arrive right around the in-laws come for a two week visit. What does the box look like and what is the return address, anything to incriminating?
Do you know for sure that your in-laws don't partake? Maybe they do, but they do on the down low.

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom