Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

jofroxp

uhh, I am studying for an exam, but daym after seeing the construction pictures Tom put out, that is some skilled workins lol:o

jofroxp,

reece

lwien said:
You can roll your eyes all you want, reece. The fact of the matter is, is that Tom is not running your "typical" business for he is more than willing to sacrifice the lost profit of a particular customer for personal quality of life, and if a problematic customer is causing him grief, than he has every right to cut him off. He has refused to do business with customers like this in the past, and I seriously doubt that it has negatively affected his business one iota. His business plan is working for him.

Should other businesses adopt his plan? Only if it fits their lifestyle. Attitude has NOTHING to do with it and neither does your judgement call here. It's neither good, nor bad. It's just the way one chooses to run their business.
For goodness' sake Lwien, you are jumping the "problematic customers" gun here. He just asked a question. You've jumped to the execution without a trial or conviction. Yes, if a customer is problematic...But are we really there yet? If a proprietor cannot handle some mildly annoying questions he shouldn't be in the business of dealing with the public. Because dealing with the public sucks. Bitching about it won't change it anymore than bitching will change the wait time. And the waiting time is absurd. It doesn't mean it isn't what it is. It doesn't mean Tom isn't doing the best he can. It just means it sucks to wait sometimes. That's the way I took it, anyway.

And when a customer, or potential customer, has a bad experience they tend to tell more people than they do when they have a good experience. You are being short-sighted.

And a family that has been in business since before I was born taught me that attitude, more than aptitude, determines ones altitude.

Attitude has everything to do with it. Notice the difference between your attitude with the questioner and Tom's. You do see there is a difference, don't you? Attitude is a very important determinant of how one does in life and business. Attitude has nothing to do with it? Now that is absurd (you're old enough to know better). Just as absurd as refusing to sell to anyone who asks an annoying question.

I'm not saying a business person has to bend over backwards. I'm a firm believer in the customer is always right...until he/she isn't. But man, Lwien, have you ever been a bit impatient about something and expressed your displeasure? Ever? Have you ever asked an annoying question? Ever? And you call me judgmental? I ain't the one casting the first stone at a Billy Joel album.

reece,

lwien

The bottom line is this, reese. He called the wait time absurd knowing full well what the wait time was BEFORE he decided to join it, but joined it anyway.

Have I ever been impatient about something? Sure I have. Have I ever expressed my displeasure about waiting too long for something? Sure I have, but......................I'll only express my displeasure IF my expectations were not met, or that false claims were made and not followed through with. Tom and VapeNow has not made false claims regarding the wait times. They are clearly spelled in BOLD lettering for anyone considering the purchase of this vape, so if one then decides to sign on and wait in that line knowing full well what the wait time is, and then to come in here to complain about it and call it absurd...........is itself, imho..............absurd, and is a very clear indication that this customer COULD be a real pain in the ass in any future dealings with him.

That's my stance on it reece. You are obviously free to disagree, but surly won't change my mind on this matter so, with that, I'll bow out of this particular debate. Nothing more to be said, at least from me.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Also factor in that time moves subjectively more slowly when you're high. This is not Tom's or Vapenow's doing at all.

jeffp,

reece

Purple-Days said:
Reece you are confusing a post made by a FC user, with my attitude towards a waiting list. But you aren't really confused are you? Just another person fanning the same lame flame. ;)
Tom, why do you use the eye wink when you are not kidding?

And, no I'm not confused at all. Nor am I fanning some flame. :rolleyes:

I do believe, however, you are confused.

I know exactly who I was talking to. I'll help you out. It was the person whose post was quoted in my reply. You know the part at the top where is says "lwien wrote." His screen name is lwien. Unless you two are one and the same, I was not talking to you, nor was I talking about you.

Let me know if you are still confused. I'll help out as best I can.;)

reece,

reece

lwien said:
The bottom line is this, reese. He called the wait time absurd knowing full well what the wait time was BEFORE he decided to join it, but joined it anyway.

Have I ever been impatient about something? Sure I have. Have I ever expressed my displeasure about waiting too long for something? Sure I have, but......................I'll only express my displeasure IF my expectations were not met, or that false claims were made and not followed through with. Tom and VapeNow has not made false claims regarding the wait times. They are clearly spelled in BOLD lettering for anyone considering the purchase of this vape, so if one then decides to sign on and wait in that line knowing full well what the wait time is, and then to come in here to complain about it and call it absurd...........is itself, imho..............absurd, and is a very clear indication that this customer COULD be a real pain in the ass in any future dealings with him.

That's my stance on it reece. You are obviously free to disagree, but surly won't change my mind on this matter so, with that, I'll bow out of this particular debate. Nothing more to be said, at least from me.
I apologize lwien. I didn't realize I was dealing with a perfect person who has never been wrong when complaining about something. Someone who has never had unrealistic expectations. I get it now. You're better than everyone else. Everyone I know have made those kinds of mistakes once or twice in a lifetime. My bad.

reece,

lwien

reece said:
I apologize lwien. I didn't realize I was dealing with a perfect person who has never been wrong when complaining about something. Someone who has never had unrealistic expectations. I get it now. You're better than everyone else. Everyone I know have made those kinds of mistakes once or twice in a lifetime. My bad.
Perfect? Not in the least. Have I ever been wrong when complaining about something? Sure I have. And when I have, I was deservedly called out on it, as I have done here. It's all part of the learning process, reece.

Ok, NOW I'm done (responding to reece, that is). :/

lwien,

tuttle

lwien said:
I'll only express my displeasure IF my expectations were not met, or that false claims were made and not followed through with. Tom and VapeNow has not made false claims regarding the wait times.
I think you are in fact seeing some anxiety over expectations not being met. The list waiting time was at 7, then 9, then 9+, then 10+, so there have been people who purchased their place in line, then the wait times increased after they purchased. Now you might argue that the change in wait time does not affect those that are already on the list, but there are indeed people who purchased at 7 week wait which stretched to 12. The wait now seems to be in the 12-14 week range, while it is still listed as 10 weeks at VapeNow. So, you have a stated wait time that doesn't carry much weight, and to compound this issue you forbid people from knowing where in the line they are, and you make them pre-pay, you are going to get an antsy crowd.

Personally I feel if a seller is taking peoples' money upfront, they owe them some transparency. At this point the buyer technically owns the product and the seller need to let them know where they stand. If a seller is unwilling to do this, you need to charge the card when the order ships.

tuttle,

Purple-Days

Off to the Dentist and a 100 mile trip. A 4:30 appointment here in town last week didn't happen, lab didn't have the stuff ready so now I loose at least half a day and a long trip in the rain. Yeah, you can really plan on these things.

Yes, you are trying to stir things up, reece. You have no desire for a PD, you are not on any wait list for a PD (don't pretend), and you call the wait time absurd. What exactly are you contributing to this discussion? There, was that plain enough? I notice you calling people stupid in another thread, un-related to this. Maybe it's just your style to cause a commotion.

I gotta go to an un-scheduled delay.

Purple-Days,

lwien

tuttle said:
lwien said:
I'll only express my displeasure IF my expectations were not met, or that false claims were made and not followed through with. Tom and VapeNow has not made false claims regarding the wait times.
I think you are in fact seeing some anxiety over expectations not being met. The list waiting time was at 7, then 9, then 9+, then 10+, so there have been people who purchased their place in line, then the wait times increased after they purchased. Now you might argue that the change in wait time does not affect those that are already on the list, but there are indeed people who purchased at 7 week wait which stretched to 12. The wait now seems to be in the 12-14 week range, while it is still listed as 10 weeks at VapeNow. So, you have a stated wait time that doesn't carry much weight, and to compound this issue you forbid people from knowing where in the line they are, and you make them pre-pay, you are going to get an antsy crowd.

Personally I feel if a seller is taking peoples' money upfront, they owe them some transparency. At this point the buyer technically owns the product and the seller need to let them know where they stand. If a seller is unwilling to do this, you need to charge the card when the order ships.
A few comments. One, is I'd like to know where you got the info that the wait time is now 12-14 weeks?
Secondly, I stand behind my statement above of "Tom and VapeNow has not made false claims regarding the wait times." The following quote is directly from VapeNow's site, "ESTIMATED WAIT TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 10+ WEEKS." Note the words, "estimated", "approximately", and the "+" after the number 10. It seems to me that every effort was made NOT to cast that 10 week wait period in concrete.

So when you say that "I think you are in fact seeing some anxiety over expectations not being met.", what were elhoel's expectations? He said in his post that he hasn't been waiting that long, so I interpret that to mean that he hasn't been waiting for 10 weeks yet. How could his expectations not be met yet?

However, with that being said, I do agree that not charging a card until the unit is shipped seems like the right thing to do. I have no idea though, what kind of tracking issues that would entail nor do I know if that is in fact, not currently being done. If not, I agree that it should be for that is the way that most all online purchases are delt with, that is, pending charges on card but not finalized till shipment.

lwien,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I took up guitar about 4 years ago. At a guitar camp I went to (the best!), there is a teacher named Wayne Henderson, who most of you guys, I'm sure, have never heard of.

He has been building (and playing) guitars since he was ten years old, and he's probably 60 now.

There is a least a 10 year waiting list for his guitars. He doesn't charge more than any established luthier (guitar maker), but his acoustic guitars are legendary. I think he has one in the Smithsonian.

You can read about him and his work in Clapton's Guitar, which is a book about the making of a custom guitar for Clapton (Wayne didn't even know who he was). I think Clapton finally got his in two years. I bet he paid a premium.

Henderson just has one speed. To me, Tom is just like Wayne Henderson. Yeah, there are a lot of custom guitar makers out there, but only one Henderson. There are a lot of vaporizer manufacturers out there, but only one Tom.

By the way, there is a whole music festival dedicated to Wayne Henderson, 'cause he's quite the picker, too.

macbill,

lwien

Some other very nice toys that you just have to wait for.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2007/09/14/top-10-cars-with-long-waiting-lists/

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/15/three-year-long-waiting-list-for-ferraris-in-the-uk/

I think the only wait list that I would be REALLY pissed off with is if I needed any kind of organ transplant, for that's a wait list that you have no choice of when you're added to it.

But with a product wait list, you add yourself to that list totally voluntarily and in so doing, set your expectations accordingly. If there's a product that you want, but it has a wait list, guess what? If you want that product, you're going to have to wait and your lack of patience means didilly squat. If ya don't like it, get outta line.

lwien,

GhostVapor

Right on Tom, I also had to go to the dentist today. I need to go back for a root canal tomorrow :uhoh: I'm kind of worried about it. Hope you had better news than i did :)

GhostVapor,

jofroxp

I would think the best thing to do, is not think about the PD, and just do what you normally do, and to not check so often. Time goes by faster of course when your working or just enjoying life. Go Christmas break to all you college girls and boys! Christmas is a wonderful holiday, no sense in killing the mood over something you can't do anything about.:2c:

jofroxp,

reece

Purple-Days said:
Yes, you are trying to stir things up, reece. You have no desire for a PD, you are not on any wait list for a PD (don't pretend), and you call the wait time absurd. What exactly are you contributing to this discussion? There, was that plain enough? I notice you calling people stupid in another thread, un-related to this. Maybe it's just your style to cause a commotion.
Have I ever pretended to be on the PD wait list? And if you read my post carefully you'll see I'm not calling the wait time absurd. I was speaking from the point-of-view of the person who let his impatience get the better of him.

It seems you saw the word absurd and stopped reading. Here's what I said in full context.

And the waiting time is absurd. It doesn't mean it isn't what it is. It doesn't mean Tom isn't doing the best he can. It just means it sucks to wait sometimes. That's the way I took it, anyway.
The last sentence clearly shows that I am talking about what I thought was behind the poster's comments on the wait time. Should I have included "to him" after absurd?

And are you saying I called someone stupid without provocation? Honestly I don't think I've called anyone stupid. Recently I have been called gullible and a fool and have been spoken to in a condescending manner. I didn't call any of those people stupid. Once again, you have made an accusation with no evidence to support it. I think I know what you are talking about. The climategate thread (in the Lounge) right? Well, if history is any indicator you have, once again, taken my words out of context. The person I called stupid understood I was being sarcastic. He understood I wasn't actually calling him stupid as evidenced by his reply.

rayski said:
reece said:
rayski said:
I listen to the climate scientists because they are the experts.
Experts chosen by the new world order to disseminate mis-information to sheeple like you. You see, only those who believe as I are analytical thinkers. The rest are lazy, gullible, stupid...you get my drift. So, now that I've presented my argument, that's the part where I called you stupid, can't you see the error of your ways? ;)
They're coming to take us away...ha,ha...they're coming to take us away.
But you knew that already. Just as you know I wasn't calling the wait time absurd. Why else would you not supply the proof of these things you are accusing me of?

Why?

As to not contributing to the discussion:

I did not know that was a requirement. In fact, someone posted this:

Share times, info, disgust, whatever with each other in this thread.
I guess we shouldn't listen to that guy.

You've accused me of calling the wait time absurd, calling someone stupid, And trying to cause a commotion by criticizing lwien's attitude.

Wrong on all counts

Stop playing the victim. Or at least do it better. Yes, I have criticized you. But I have also given you praises. When that guy started the thread about how the PD wasn't magically efficient I was there calling him out. When some have been trying to decide on a vape and were stuck between the PD (which they stated explicitly) and some other, I tell them the pros of the PD based on my experience with a similar vaporizer. Hell, when I tell my friends about my Zap I also tell them about the brass and that there is a similar vape without brass. I guess you also missed the part where I said your attitude wasn't the same as lwien's on this issue.

I'm not going to kiss your ass. That is not my style. I give credit where credit is due because I genuinely feel that way. Not to curry favor. My criticisms are the same. My criticism of lwien's attitude has nothing to do with you or the PD. And that is where this started. You thought I was talking to you. But I was not. Maybe you're still confused. Or maybe the truth just doesn't fit well with the picture you're trying to paint.

If I am not taking to you or about you, how can I be fanning flames against you?

reece,

Purple-Days

Thanks McBill and others. But, I am no Luthier.

Reece, yes I was still confused... :2c:

The tone of a paragraph, in English , is set by the first sentence. You must (or should) convey the basic thought of the paragraph in a clear manner for the rest of the thought to follow in a logical order that we may all follow. Basic English. Which I did poorly at, but tried. Did my participle dangle, who knows?

You say, "And the waiting time is absurd. It doesn't mean it isn't what it is. It doesn't mean Tom isn't doing the best he can. It just means it sucks to wait sometimes. That's the way I took it, anyway."

I don't want any ass kissers and I don't need a bunch of carrion birds either.

Guess I will have to say sorry, Reece, I mis-interpreted the whole thing. And the other thread too. Sarcasm is very hard to interpret in a forum. Please excuse me. :peace:

Oh winky's and smileys can be mis-understood too. But, that's a whole other subject.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Best of luck GhostVapor. I have had two, you should make every effort to save your teeth. Root canal is no fun, but it's not as bad as, well it ain't so bad, you can do it, no problem. :2c:

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
I don't want any ass kissers............
I kiss no ones ass. Tried to kiss my own once though and got a major charlie horse in my neck. TMI I know, but what the hell. Makes for an interesting visual. :brow:

lwien,

Purple-Days

You are no ass kisser, buddy. You seem to call em like you see, em. Bless us, every one...

Happy Holiday to all I gotta get out there and catch up.

Purple-Days,

Lucic77

Well, my friends just surprised me with my second PD!!!

They heard me raving about it once I ordered mine and knew I was going to order a second one . What a treat. :)

I was planning on ordering mine after the holiday rush in the new year to avoid stepping on someone who hasn't received their first one yet, but it's here. The package looks so pristine, I don't want to open it, lol.

I'll take some pics and post later.

Lucic77,

tuttle

lwien said:
...I'd like to know where you got the info that the wait time is now 12-14 weeks?
Secondly, I stand behind my statement above of "Tom and VapeNow has not made false claims regarding the wait times."
First, I want to make it clear that I was not trying to insinuate that Tom or VapeNow where knowingly making false claims or purposely underestimating delivery time. I think Tom is working very hard to meet demand, and I think VapeNow did a very good thing by creating the waiting list. I didn't want to read as another Negative Nelly, but rather was just trying to give my opinion as to why some people might be less than happy with the wait time.

With that said, I made the estimation on the wait time based on both reading this thread as well as my personal experience. This week will start week 12 for me (I bought with a 9 week wait). As a customer who did pay in full up front, I think it would be courteous of VapeNow to contact me with an updated shipping estimate when when the original estimate was approaching or passing. I think that is my main complaint.

lwien said:
So when you say that "I think you are in fact seeing some anxiety over expectations not being met.", what were elhoel's expectations? He said in his post that he hasn't been waiting that long, so I interpret that to mean that he hasn't been waiting for 10 weeks yet. How could his expectations not be met yet?
I obviously can not speak for elhoel, but I would imagine that someone who is far down on the list reading about people far ahead of them experiencing delays, they may assume that those delays will cascade and increase down the wait list. As to why (s)he doesn't just step out of line then, I can not answer, but I would imagine stepping out becomes somewhat disinsentivized when you already have your money on the table (or perhaps (s)he feels there is no good competition?). I haven't stepped out because I am excited about the payoff, and was already expecting the longer lead time.

tuttle,

reece

Purple-Days said:
Reece, yes I was still confused... :2c:

The tone of a paragraph, in English , is set by the first sentence. You must (or should) convey the basic thought of the paragraph in a clear manner for the rest of the thought to follow in a logical order that we may all follow. Basic English. Which I did poorly at, but tried. Did my participle dangle, who knows?

You say, "And the waiting time is absurd. It doesn't mean it isn't what it is. It doesn't mean Tom isn't doing the best he can. It just means it sucks to wait sometimes. That's the way I took it, anyway."

I don't want any ass kissers and I don't need a bunch of carrion birds either.

Guess I will have to say sorry, Reece, I mis-interpreted the whole thing. And the other thread too. Sarcasm is very hard to interpret in a forum. Please excuse me. :peace:

Oh winky's and smileys can be mis-understood too. But, that's a whole other subject.
I take your point. If I had started the sentence with, "This is how I took what he said," there may have been less confusion. Maybe. And I was far from poor at basic English. But I wasn't in "composition" mode. I was writing as I speak.

And yes, sarcasm is hard in a forum.

And I can't imagine any self-respecting person would want someone kissing their ass. It just seemed like if I said something complimentary everything was cool. But when I say something critical I am part of some conspiracy to take you down. Which is absurd because anyone paying attention knows I'm way too busy planning with my climate change co-conspirators.

Why would you have to worry about carrion birds? You're not dead are you?

No worries Tom. As you know, I've been there. We've all been there (except lwien ;) ). But, since there seems to be a pattern forming I'll do my part to try and be more clear and maybe proofread more (I already go over my posts twice). But I'll also try to refrain from commenting thereby reducing the chances of misunderstandings. I like a good debate (my friends say I like to argue). Not that it will necessarily change minds. But at least both sides can see where the other is coming from. But this keeps going beyond that with accusations of nefarious intent. That's no fun.

reece,

Purple-Days

Go, Saints. Now there is a strange team title. Hey, we have the Beavers, so not knocking it, just saying it's a strange thing to call a bunch of brutal footballers. Go Beavers! :D

Hard to keep everyone's identity around here straight.

Straight shooters are always welcome. Constructive criticism always welcome, the PD evolves as a result of it.

Debate is good, sometimes better done face to face. But, this is what we have to work with.

Stopped for a tea break, gotta get back at it.

Purple-Days,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Like a lot of people, I drop in every once in a while to check on how things are going.

After reading part of one post by the "reece" character it was easy to skip on down to possibly more worthwhile posts. Not sure why folks like that (and the ones who are sucked into playing his game and replying) bother. Macbeth said it best:
"...it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Seemed pretty clear that there would be a long wait going in. One man producing one quality product and trying to live a life means time. Every time he is goaded into taking time to reply to negative posts is time taken away from making my PD. So I would ask that folks try to stick to the subject and perhaps take their bitching offline or to some other forum where they might actually care what you think.

And although it will mean a longer wait I hope Tom is going to take a nice relaxing holiday break and will return refreshed and rejuvenated.

Happy holidays to all...even the "idiots"

Sinclue,

reece

Sinclue said:
After reading part of one post by the "reece" character it was easy to skip on down to possibly more worthwhile posts. Not sure why folks like that (and the ones who are sucked into playing his game and replying) bother.
Yet here you are bothering to reply.

Every time he is goaded into taking time to reply to negative posts is time taken away from making my PD.
And how exactly did I goad Tom into anything? Maybe, instead of skipping around you should read everything before drawing a conclusion, which certainly in your case is the place you arrived when you got tired of thinking.

So I would ask that folks try to stick to the subject and perhaps take their bitching offline or to some other forum where they might actually care what you think.
It's funny how people project their own traits onto others. Have you read the first post of this thread? Of course I shouldn't expect that you read the entire post but surely you read the first sentence which, I've recently been reminded, sets the tone for what follows. Don't bother, here it is.

Max said:
Post info, comments, complaints, etc. here, and not in the PD thread.
And you have the nerve to call me an idiot. You have the nerve to bitch about others not sticking to the subject? The first sentence of the first post says this is the place for bitching.

And although it will mean a longer wait I hope Tom is going to take a nice relaxing holiday break and will return refreshed and rejuvenated.
You got something on your lips there. No, no, right there. OHHHH! You've got it all over your face now.

Happy holidays to all...even the "idiots"
You come here two hours after the matter had been squashed. You say I am provoking something despite the fact that I have proven the opposite (long before you posted). And you admit to rendering your judgment without reading all of the evidence.

Sniff. Sniff. I smell something.

Troll.

reece,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom