Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucic77

I don't care when I get mine. When it gets here it gets here. I'm happy now and I'll be happy then. :)

Lucic77,

Purple-Days

The following is based on instinct, not fact, but knowing the VapeNow crew...

First, I think an honest estimate is best. I have nothing to do with the estimates, other than my ability to supply product.

Hmmm, 9 weeks. Sure, the length of the list changes.

The VapeNow crew know how many I produce a week and know the length of the waiting list. They are producing an estimate for prospective buyers. Folks thinking about buying.

This (current) estimate would have no bearing on past orders, those orders were placed under a previous estimate. That previous estimate is not affected by the current wait list length or estimate.

All that said, it is an estimate. If I can do anything to shorten the wait, I will, (and am).

And sometimes things happen. In the past month or so we have had two deaths in the family, an eye surgery and recovery period, and a 4 day trip to San Francisco and back to pick up our new puppy. Except for the surgery, all were unplanned. Life can throw you a curve ball or two.

Now back to work trying to shorten the wait. :cool:

Purple-Days,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I understand, I believe I saw the hold ups you mention in another post. I can empathize with you on the deaths in the family and I am sorry for your loss. I hope the eye surgery went well too. I think you're awesome for what you are doing, and keeping it a small business. Thanks for the information on VN as well.

The_Other_Shoe,

Lucic77

Purple-Days said:
and a 4 day trip to San Francisco and back to pick up our new puppy.
Oooh! You got a new puppy?! What kind? Can I see? :D

Sorry, got a soft spot for dogs. hahahaha.. Now, back to the topic! ;)

Lucic77,

josh

The Purple Days are flowing. I got my order today (#2303). And I must say Tom was right on about the beautiful grain that went out with the last batch. This is absolutely beautiful and is a perfect companion to the other PD I have had since March. I am so happy with this wood. Check out the regular PD thread for pics.

josh,

max

Out to lunch
There are puppy pics in the PD thread too. Page 147 I think.

Lucic77 said:
I don't care when I get mine. When it gets here it gets here.
It would be nice if everyone felt that way, but impatience is understandable. And it's a unique situation, so it's also understandable that buyers who aren't familiar with the PD story can be confused. I think Vapenow is doing a good job of changing wait time estimates, but just keep in mind, like Tom said, "it is an estimate", and things can always change from time to time-on the production end and the demand end (it is getting close to Christmas ;) ).

max,
IT'S HERE!!!!!!! I have to go to work tho.. :|
So happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rottweiler1080z,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Rottweiler1080z said:
IT'S HERE!!!!!!! I have to go to work tho.. :|
So happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you plugged it on ready for when you get home ;)

Happycamper,

Lucic77

Hahaha! I love it. Kali is super cute. Must give Tom and Pam some love and headaches.

Lucic77,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I bet she's not that tiny now :) She is still A-DORABLE I'm sure!! Would love to see some new pix too... Maybe a Kali thread ;)

Lo,

Purple-Days

OK one pic. She is a 'rounder' as Pammy says. Still nippy, just 10 weeks, today, but learning. Playful as can be. Sweet too. I don't believe in 'breaking' a dog like this one. This is my second Scotty and they are different. She will develop and become one of our pack (the zed dog, #3), very loved. :cool:

hx6b8w.jpg

:D Bright eyes.

Purple-Days,
Plugged in.....vaped....worth the wait! Going to butter it up tonight. Got buzz in my pocket warming up. Going to try the bong with it in a few. Saving soooooo much herb by using this vape. Can't say enough good things about it. Tom is going to get a personal e-mail to thank him. Beautiful patterns on the cherry also.

Mod note: This would have been a better fit in the PD thread.

Rottweiler1080z,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Congrats Rottw!!! Enjoy that beautiful new PD!! Sure is pretty!

Thanks for the Kali picture! She looks so cute!!!! Looks alert in that picture...maybe looking for mischief :) Thanks for sharing - she does look like she's grown a bit already!!!

Lo,

josh

re the new Kali pic. She is a pretty dog. Is that an unplugged PD I see sitting by the fish tank?

josh,

NoSmoke

Whoa Tom I sorry but that picture is creepy. :uhoh: look at the fish tank, there's a ghost in your house whoooo whooooo whooooo (creepy noise) :lol:

NoSmoke,

Purple-Days

The stone statue is of Shiva... Kali is a Hindu goddess, consort of Shiva, or something like that. I think Kali is black in Zulu or Swahili.

We don't believe in ghosts. :lol:

Yes, that is one of Pammy's PDs. She has several. ;) A laminate of Rosewoods and Bocote. It is a tiny unit.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Pammy's tiny PD sounds really nice. Does the wood get physically warmer than a standard PD?

jeffp,

Purple-Days

The following is for informational purposes only... we don't make custom units any more, and only one laminate was ever made.

Yes, it is warmer on the outside. Combo of thinner walls and denser material. The dense material transmits heat faster. This leads to a cooler heat exchanger and cooler vape temps. Pammy's line-up is the little laminate, the East Indian Rosewood and the Pink Ivory. All dense woods with a bit lower vape temp, just the way she likes it. The Pink Ivory is a thick 'beefy' size and holds the heat well considering it's density. The East Indian Rosewood has been the car PD for about as long as we have been making them.

My line-up: In the house I use the Pink Ivory unit at the computer. But in the shop, where I am mostly, it's the Cherry durability unit and a fancy Black Walnut.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Tom, have you been able to make any serious determination regarding the added effectiveness of "black fin" technology?

jeffp,

Purple-Days

No, I believe there is very little difference, if any. And the other factors, variables, have so much greater influence, that any change produced by dark fins would be un-observable due to noise. :cool:

It's just a fun thing. Costs a little extra, but what the heck. Might even be something to it. ;)

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
i was thinking of ordering a second unit myself, just for fun. would like 3 extra stems, the two fresh cords, and an extra duff bag anyway. don't think i would stash away as some rather likely keep one upstairs and one downstairs. had also been thinking custom, but as demand has increased i see how that isn't possible. paisley bottom could be an alternative for me though. thanks tom, keep making.

IAmKrazy2,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
know exactly what you mean - as PDs are prized possessions, second only to my copy of An Evening With Wild Man Fischer autographed by producer FZ....
it's nice to have the option to have 2 PDs running when you have a guest over.

300px-Zappafischer.jpg

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom