Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melizzard

At long last, after ordering 6/19, I GOT IT >>> I GOT IT >>> I GOT IT! Cannot WAIT to try it out tonight!!!

A few questions for those w/PD experience:

1) That buzz butter is so stiff I could hardly get it out to rub it on the wood ... it that the way it's supposed to be? I managed to get 2 coats on, but there is no 'mellow glow,' or at least not yet.
2) The instructions say that when you warm up a bowl, to do a couple of exhaled puffs to get the vapor flowing. What does this mean? Does it mean just puffing on it like a cigar without inhaling, a couple of times, before you do your 'real' hit?
3) The troubleshooting instructions mention a red LED to indicate power/good fuse. I don't have an LED anywhere in evidence ... were they old instructions?

Thanks so much!
Melissa

Melizzard,

gak hater

1. thats how it comes,once you heat the unit up a few times
it will work its way into the wood and look a little different.
2. i just place the tube in the unit and wait about 10 sec,then i start pulling on it.
its like sucking on a thick milkshake.
3. the led was eliminated due to reliability issues,you have old instructions.
4. enjoy your new vape :)

gak hater,

lwien

gak hater said:
I believe that the red led being referred to is the one on the car adapter.

lwien,

gak hater

lwien said:
gak hater said:
I believe that the red led being referred to is the one on the car adapter.
there used to be one on the unit itself,
the older units have them,tom had problems with them so he eliminated it
alltogether. its in the marathon thread somewhere..
my car adapter has an led light, i don't think he changed that
or at least i'm not aware of it if he did.

gak hater,

lwien

gak hater said:
there used to be one on the unit itself,
the older units have them,tom had problems with them so he eliminated it
I know. Totally aware of that. I was referencing Melissa's question. Sorry for the confusion.

lwien,

Melizzard

Melizzard,

Purple-Days

Not old instructions. :cool:

The red LED is on the car cord (only, and as stated is red, small and hard to find till lit). Has nothing to do with the purple LED we used in the first edition units (long ago discontinued).

The red LED indicates there is power at the power point in a vehicle. If that LED is not lit the power point is off (or you have a blown car cord fuse). Check ignition status etc. if the light isn't lit. This LED makes the car cord a great trouble shooter.

Well, there are so many draw styles... you will find what works for you, but we had to write something. :uhoh: Best advice I have received here (I think) is repeated in step 2 from gak hater, to let the stem heat up 10 seconds or so before the draw and leave it in the Heat exchanger between draws to maintain the heat to stem.

Buzz Butter is pretty stiff, but the back of a fingernail will get some out. Put the tin in your pocket a while to soften the wax is another tip.

Purple-Days,

Melizzard

And, since I'm using this for medical purposes, it's OK to just leave it plugged in 24/7? That way it's always ready?

xoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

Purple-Days

No big deal, red LED, purple LED, easy to get confused.

Yes, the unit is intended for 24/7 operation. It's one of the things we needed too, ready anytime. ;)

Several of us (on this forum) have plugged our utility rates in, and come up with about $5 a year. :)

Purple-Days,

Melizzard

OMG, I love, love, LOVE this thing!!!!!!!! Gives a great hit and I only needed one hit to be right where I wanna be ... and only took 10 seconds start to finish! THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS VAPE! Perfect for any medical patient ...

And Hennessy, THANK YOU for recommending it! You were right on the money. My poor Extreme is going to be way lonely so I'm gonna loan it to a friend of mine. ;)

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

lwien

Melizzard said:
OMG, I love, love, LOVE this thing!!!!!!!! Gives a great hit and I only needed one hit to be right where I wanna be ... and only took 10 seconds start to finish! THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS VAPE! Perfect for any medical patient ...

xxoo
Melissa
Yup. It's a great vape, but for a med patient, like you said, it's perfection. Always ready for that instant hit when ya need it and especially when it's used for pain management, less is more, and small doses is what the PD is all about.

So happy that you found something that works.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yes, I'm a recreational patient so to speak, but last winter I injured my foot pretty badly in different places, couldn't even walk - had a cane, etc., from slipping on ice and falling down steps.
It was so bad I had to crawl to get to the bathroom - I don't know how I managed to drive home that night, after the fall.
Salient point is that the PD totally helped - repositioned intense pain as sensation that I was aware of, but nothing more.
Enjoy - you have a great vape and each one is sort of one of a kind, and I've stated here that the PD has a sort of sense of aliveness to it - sort of a "bud buddy" - hey not a bad name for the vape company...

jeffp,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Purple-Days said:
Buzz Butter is pretty stiff, but the back of a fingernail will get some out. Put the tin in your pocket a while to soften the wax is another tip.
I forgot who gave me the tip.. (it was somebody in the chat.. Prog? was it you?) but I left the covered tin on the top of my PD, hopped in the shower and by the time I got out, I was able to scrape a good chunk of it out with just my fingertip (no nails) and rub some on the PD... polish it with a microfiber cloth.. sweeeeeeeeeeet lol

aznfknpride,

catlady

Shaundele said:
Im glad to hear the waiting time has been reduced but mine has seemed like it's taking forever.. I guess its because I ordered the paisley bottom but people are clearly getting theirs when they ordered weeks after me... :(

My order # is 2130 which was ordered on June 23

I have my fingers crossed hoping I get my shipping confirmation next week!!!

I have been following these threads and I am super excited for its arrival. :D
This concerns me. Looks like I might be waiting a few more weeks even though people who ordered after me are getting theirs right now.

There's a simple solution to this problem -- VapeNow could add a new order option: "which ever style is available when it's my turn"... for those of us who don't want to wait a few weeks past our turn, if we don't care what colour the bottom of the unit is...

catlady,

max

Out to lunch
aznfknpride said:
Purple-Days said:
I forgot who gave me the tip.. (it was somebody in the chat.. Prog? was it you?) but I left the covered tin on the top of my PD, hopped in the shower and by the time I got out, I was able to scrape a good chunk of it out with just my fingertip (no nails) and rub some on the PD... polish it with a microfiber cloth.. sweeeeeeeeeeet lol
Keep in mind that helpful hints could be missed in an availability thread. Don't forget we have a tips and tricks thread.

catlady said:
VapeNow could add a new order option: "which ever style is available when it's my turn"...
Maybe shortened to 'either'. ;)

max,

masejl12

Hey Tom, just out of curiosity how many PD's do you think you've made to date roughly?

masejl12,

Lucic77

Oh man. I am order #2591. I must be last in line! hahaha :D

I can't wait to see this beautiful item in person. Hopefully by Thanksgiving... it would make an awesome holiday treat.

Thanks guys. :)

Lucic77,
#2174 here. Going crazy too! Ordered on 6/30/09. Been saving the best for when it arrives; but it is getting hard not to light it on fire instead. I am happy this post is up so I know I am not the only one with issues. :p

O...and I ordered the paisley PD. FYI.
:brow:

Rottweiler1080z,

Lucic77

max said:
Hopefully by Thanksgiving
Estimated wait time is now 7 weeks, so you should have yours before the end of Oct.
From your post to my front door, lol. I hope you're right. I am in no rush though, just my own awaiting impatience. :lol: I'd rather wait for something of true quality.

I also ordered a 4 pc Space Case grinder already, but from what I've read here a 2 pc might be better for the PD? If so I am going to return the 4 pc for a 2 pc. I also think I am going to get a Billy Bowl and some extra tubes from Tom in the meantime so that I have everything here when it comes.

I have to say, I am really excited to get this thing.

Lucic77,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom