Purple-Days Annual Holiday Contest (2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple-Days

1zfqx6e.jpg

Hot off the lathe. :party:

mlsf13.jpg

How many Stainless Steel P-D screws? :hmm:

Rules:
Contest ends 12-31-2010 at 4:20 Mountain Time. Open to all. Entries received after that date will not be considered. Compliance with rules is mandatory and I will be the sole judge of your compliance*. Nothing tricky just read and follow the rules.

Send a picture post card to:
Purple-Days
P.O. Box 2069
El Mirage, AZ 85335

1. Post card must be a picture* post card.
2. Line 1- You must print your FC username*, so we can announce the winner.
3. Line 2- print "2010 Holiday Contest" *
3. Line 3- In large clear numbers, print your guess, and circle* it.
4. Lines 4+ - Your name* and address* and e-mail* (all confidential and used for no other purpose)
5. Optional, include a note to the PD crew.
6. One entry per person.
7. Post your guess and you are disqualified.
8. Don't ask if we got your post card, I will not respond.
9. If you don't like the rules :rant: , don't participate.

Person coming closest to the actual number, and following all rules, wins. In the event of duplicate guesses the earliest postmark will be the winner. We will announce the winner right here when we confirm a compliant* winner.

Same basic rules as last time. King of the Heap rules too.

What's the prize?
How about a Figured Maple with the Genuine Bison Hide bottom? :tup:

We hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday season and enjoys the 2010 Purple-Days Holiday Contest . :cheers: from Tom and Pammy

ps. for those that don't know what the 'King of the Heap' is, and weren't around for the last Holiday Contest or for our 4-20 Contests. Here is the deal. Whoever has the current closest guess wins something... ie. the very first post card we get will be the current closest guess and will win something. This person may be displaced by a closer guess, who will be the next 'King of the Heap'. And will also be sure of winning something, but also may be knocked off at any time up till the end. So there are more than just one winner. Plus we give liberal 'other un-announced' awards.

Send a card and see if you win. :popcorn:

Stay tuned for pics of interesting and winning postcards. :nod:

pps. :buzz:

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Another great contest, another reason why you guys are the best. :tup:

Get those postcards out and remember to read the rules. Don't post your guess in this thread!

Mckdenton said:
Wow man, what a beautiful log.
Never liked the "log vape" designation for some reason. Sure is a beautiful hand-turned stick of kiln-dried figured maple for a future PD, though. :D

vtac,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol Vtac....log just doesn't do it justice huh? It's beautiful!!

Good luck folks!!

Lo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Wow....I will be participating as well even though I always lose! Agreed that "log vape" designation doesn't do these things justice. But neither does "round wood vapes." Borrowing from the world of ecigs, I like "PV's" - "personal vaporizers."

jeffp,

Pappy

shmaporist
Purple-Days said:
1. Post card must be a picture* post card.
2. Line 1- You must print your FC username*, so we can announce the winner.
3. Line 2- print "2010 Holiday Contest" *
3. Line 3- In large clear numbers, print your guess, and circle* it.
4. Lines 4+ - Your name* and address* and e-mail* (all confidential and used for no other purpose)
5. Optional, include a note to the PD crew.
6. One entry per person.
7. Post your guess and you are disqualified.
8. Don't ask if we got your post card, I will not respond.
9. If you don't like the rules , don't participate.
You are one funny dude! I like your product, your beanie, and your rules. :lol:

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tom,
I have really bad handwriting so I was thinking about typing my answers and pasting them on a postcard but upon reconsideration I realized the redundancy of your rule "print" and fell off of my sofa laughing! :lol:
Herojuana

Pappy,

Flyer

I did not join last year till I saw all the cool cards, good prize.

Flyer,

Purple-Days

11-05-10 King of the Heap , Congratulations ! :clap:

azcp04.jpg

ie. closest current guess and winner of a prize for sure :tup:, maybe the Grand Prize :party: , if nobody guesses closer.

Good Luck

Purple-Days,

george

I like the way you're doing this contest!

Might have to get a postcard out soon

george,

Pappy

shmaporist
Since there was no rule disqualifying my admittedly lazy methodology I mischievously confess that I employed (not literally - but virtually) some of the brightest minds at MIT and Stanford to decipher Tom's puzzle. Their answer will be forthcoming on my one and only postcard. :| :o :lol: :p

Pappy,

Purple-Days

We will decide Honorable Mention prizes (funniest, furthest traveled Post Card, 'secret city' Card, etc...) at the end of the contest.

Here are two that made good guesses but not good enough to displace the King of the Heap. Good luck to them for the other prizes. :2c:

107rgwo.jpg

29msx82.jpg

I like how some of the cards look like they have been in a drawer or shoebox for a time. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

A new King Of the Heap :party: Congratulations.
102ujhy.jpg

But there is plenty of room to make a better guess.

A few new and interesting cards.
25f1s8o.jpg

Purple-Days,

OO

Technical Skeptical
the night fishing there is awesome, but here's an interesting story.

once when me and a friend were fishing there, and someone pulled up in a car to enjoy the view. or so i thought.

a few minutes later, they're getting down in the back seat, right in front of about 15 people.

lol, they picked the wrong weekend (grunion run).

here's a similar shot like that card from my friend.

OO,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Too lazy to enter, but not too lazy to say that is the finest looking log style vape I've ever seen!

darkrom,

Purple-Days

Newest, King of the Heap :party:
34j9i0h.jpg

Still a lot of room to make a better guess.

All King of the Heap entries win a prize. And possibly the Grand Prize.

A couple more good guesses.
6fnpkw.jpg

fyef4p.jpg

These weren't good enough to beat the previous guesses,
but are still eligible for other prizes at the end of the contest.
The Salvador Dali, I've seen before, but it still might win the WTF? prize.

VVV Pappy, check the address and zip, we have plenty of cards that have made it just fine. I know the Post Office doesn't ship post cards as quick, but there must be some reason (postage? maybe?) they returned it. Just got one from the EU. The posted address is good.

Purple-Days,

Pappy

shmaporist
I sent mine and the USPS delivered it back to me. How do you spell "schmuck"?

Pappy,

lwien

I'm just amazed that Tom took the time and had the patience to count all of those screws, that is, unless he used a screw counter. :brow:

lwien,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Sending my entry in todays mail! Hoping all my super secret, scientifically proven screw quantity estimating techniques pay off!

Albert Hofmann,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom