Puffco Peak

Dubmonkey

Quick question and searched here and online - can someone tell me the diameter of the puffco buckets? Looking for OD and ID measurements please.

Dubmonkey,

bignoze

if the insert stop producing vapor it may be because the Atomizer stopped working correctly.....

bignoze,

SMODomite

If anyone tries the new peak caps let me know how they work, looks like they would spin the oil a bit better than the stock cap. Or if anyone recommends a bubble cap that works well with it. Peak came in super handy the weekend of my wedding, so many people to talk to would have made using a torch pretty tough, was able to go take quick dabs in the bedroom and pop back out within a minute, and my wife was able to take dabs while getting ready for the big day. On our first atomizer, probably about 50-60 dabs through the unit so far.

SMODomite,

Neil710

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that the atomizers for puffco peak are really shitty, and yes even the new ones. (My new atomizer currently needs to be turned on 4 times in a row on white with ceramic before hitting properly)

Until they come up with a new design that can last.

I was wondering if anybody has any tips or tricks to keep there atomizers from breaking or weathering down. Maintenance is critical with these devices. So any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Neil710,

SMODomite

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that the atomizers for puffco peak are really shitty, and yes even the new ones. (My new atomizer currently needs to be turned on 4 times in a row on white with ceramic before hitting properly)

Until they come up with a new design that can last.

I was wondering if anybody has any tips or tricks to keep there atomizers from breaking or weathering down. Maintenance is critical with these devices. So any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I am on my first one right now, my method to try to be gentle with it is soak the atomizer in iso for a few minutes every 20 dabs or so and let it air dry before putting it back in the peak, and when I q tip after every dab I put 0 pressure on the cup, I just rotate the q tip between my thumb and pointer finger with it barely touching the cup to soak up any residual oil

SMODomite,
Reactions: bignoze

backtothevape

Hi,
Does the Peak have an all glass airway?
I previously had a Vapexhale cloud evo and one of the main appeals of that were the all glass airway, (and amazing flavour / efficiency)

I have never used concentrates in a vaporizer.. but now I am very keen to try, with all these CBD dabs on the market.
Looking through this thread, I'm a bit weary about getting a Puffco Peak... as it seems there are a few issues...

Would you recommend the Peak? or are there better rigs out there? (xnails on the cloud evo?)
The main things i like about the Peak:
1) No exposed hot coil or metal e.t.c. (I am clumsy sometimes,,, and quite terrified of getting burnt while a little distracted...)
2) Built in water filtration
3) Pretty portable all things considered
4) Looks like an all-glass airway.

However;
Only four heat settings?? what the heck. Seems a major disadvantage no?
Hard to clean,
Requires buying new parts (atomizers, bowls) just to keep on using it.

I really can't make up my mind.
The only other dabbing rig i'm familiar with is Dabbie.... and that has the major problem for me of an exposed, very hot piece of metal - that i will likely burn myself on.

Love to hear your thoughts on this.

backtothevape,

Neil710

Hi,
I previously had a Vapexhale cloud evo and one of the main appeals of that were the all glass airway, (and amazing flavour / efficiency)

I have never used concentrates in a vaporizer.. but now I am very keen to try, with all these CBD dabs on the market.
Looking through this thread, I'm a bit weary about getting a Puffco Peak... as it seems there are a few issues...

Would you recommend the Peak? or are there better rigs out there? (xnails on the cloud evo?)
1) No exposed hot coil or metal e.t.c. (I am clumsy sometimes,,, and quite terrified of getting burnt while a little distracted...)

However;
Hard to clean,

The only other dabbing rig i'm familiar with is Dabbie.... and that has the major problem for me of an exposed, very hot piece of metal - that i will likely burn myself on.

The removable glass attachment is the only glass part.

Take a small loan out for the peak, you might as well buy extra atomizers while your at it. (My first atomizer lasted 3 months and second atomizer only 1 month)

Neil710,

SMODomite

Hi,

However;
Hard to clean,

The base of the peak that you snap the glass piece into is silicone to make a seal, I would say it is a 99% glass airpath, minus where the air intake holes meet up since it is made of silicone

SMODomite,

Neil710

I've been using two pearl beads 4mm for the peak, and it definitely improves the vapor quality. I'm not too sure if they actually spin around in the insert but it definitely helps!

Does anybody else use beads in their insert ?

Does anybody use jewels in their peak?

Neil710,
Reactions: bignoze

Pfennz

For all that say their atomizers don’t work anymore. Mine didn’t either. Until I fixed them. I fixed 2 now just by taking the bottom out, literally just fiddling around with the wires, and putting the bottom piece back in.

Pfennz,
Reactions: 530rasta

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
For all that say their atomizers don’t work anymore. Mine didn’t either. Until I fixed them. I fixed 2 now just by taking the bottom out, literally just fiddling around with the wires, and putting the bottom piece back in.

That doesn't always work, I was just replacing one that lasted over a month with their brand new one with the notches on top and got a rainbow, fiddled with it, no rainbow, 1 hit later ...Rainbow. I was thinking a rebuild would work on this brand new atomizer, unfortunately, this one just looks like it has a poor connection where the metal pin goes into the ceramic. Keep in mind, this is brand new and has never even been swabbed out yet and the pin is already coming out of the element. If the bucket pushes on it just right it will fire, if not I get a rainbow. Considering this is my only atomizer and now it's about to go out I am going to need an alternative.

If atomizers were lasting a bit longer I could stomach the cost, but getting DOA ones makes it hard to make that $50 purchase.
I suppose I could get a Switch since it doesn't have the QC issues, but I really like my Peak.

I could completely rebuild the atomizers if anyone could source a similar heater. Someone with some DIY Ecig atomizer skills could probably wrap a quick Ti or Nickle Pancake coil that would work! DT donuts are a little cool, anyone ever successfully built their own atty? I can't afford $50 for ones that don't work from the start. @Pipes could probably whip me one up in 2 minutes. lol

mrbonsai420,

SMODomite

That doesn't always work, I was just replacing one that lasted over a month with their brand new one with the notches on top and got a rainbow, fiddled with it, no rainbow, 1 hit later ...Rainbow. I was thinking a rebuild would work on this brand new atomizer, unfortunately, this one just looks like it has a poor connection where the metal pin goes into the ceramic. Keep in mind, this is brand new and has never even been swabbed out yet and the pin is already coming out of the element. If the bucket pushes on it just right it will fire, if not I get a rainbow. Considering this is my only atomizer and now it's about to go out I am going to need an alternative.

If atomizers were lasting a bit longer I could stomach the cost, but getting DOA ones makes it hard to make that $50 purchase.
I suppose I could get a Switch since it doesn't have the QC issues, but I really like my Peak.

I could completely rebuild the atomizers if anyone could source a similar heater. Someone with some DIY Ecig atomizer skills could probably wrap a quick Ti or Nickle Pancake coil that would work! DT donuts are a little cool, anyone ever successfully built their own atty? I can't afford $50 for ones that don't work from the start. @Pipes could probably whip me one up in 2 minutes. lol

I would reach out to puffco and see if they will send a replacement out if it hasn't worked since you opened it. I am still ony my first one from when I bought it but bought a couple backups as well if they crap out.

SMODomite,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I would reach out to puffco and see if they will send a replacement out if it hasn't worked since you opened it. I am still only my first one from when I bought it but bought a couple backups as well if they crap out.

I will try customer support, I need to contact them about my base anyway. I'm only getting 8-10 heating cycles out of a full charge last few days of use, less than 1/2 of what it started.
I have been so careful with mine and already have been through a few atomizers, plus I'm on my second base and it isn't holding a great charge anymore. I'm not complaining about customer service so far though, they have been great. And in the device's defense, I am not a regular user. I use it 6 days a week for as much as I can get out of it. Usually, around 15-20 hits but much less lately with the battery dying much more rapidly.

mrbonsai420,

SMODomite

I will try customer support, I need to contact them about my base anyway. I'm only getting 8-10 heating cycles out of a full charge last few days of use, less than 1/2 of what it started.
I have been so careful with mine and already have been through a few atomizers, plus I'm on my second base and it isn't holding a great charge anymore. I'm not complaining about customer service so far though, they have been great. And in the device's defense, I am not a regular user. I use it 6 days a week for as much as I can get out of it. Usually, around 15-20 hits but much less lately with the battery dying much more rapidly.

Yeah mine gets occasional use at home but mainly got it for traveling and going down the shore, so for now mine is just sitting in its case. I try to fire it up at least once a week though. Hopefully customer service can help you out

SMODomite,

Pfennz

If anyone’s planning on getting an expensive insert, here my take so far, and I’m by no means a pro reviewer. I got the ruby insert from constant gems (who adapt tech is unprofessionally blasting on IG). I couldn’t get it to work. The maker even says he heats it on blue and then on white and hits it. Pfft. The sic insert tastes better than ruby. And works well on sesh mode if I barely lay the atomizer lid on. Opaque quartz from crystal star quartz ran a little hot for me even on blue, but adding gems in toned it down to where I wanted it and works real well. Sapphire gems works better than ruby for me even tho they say they have the same makeup. That crystal star opaque quartz + gems still costs less than the others. Gems make it easier to clean as well. The sic is sooo easy to clean tho.

Last edited:

Neil710

If anyone’s planning on getting an expensive insert, here my take so far, and I’m by no means a pro reviewer. I got the ruby insert from constant gems (who adapt tech is unprofessionally blasting on IG). I couldn’t get it to work. The maker even says he heats it on blue and then on white and hits it. Pfft. The sic insert tastes better than ruby. And works well on sesh mode if I barely lay the atomizer lid on. Opaque quartz from crystal star quartz ran a little hot for me even on blue, but adding gems in toned it down to where I wanted it and works real well. Sapphire gems works better than ruby for me even tho they say they have the same makeup. That crystal star opaque quartz + gems still costs less than the others. Gems make it easier to clean as well. The sic is sooo easy to clean tho.

Nice review! I have the sic as well and I also have to lift the brace part a bit, so that it doesn't transfer the heat to it. The sic insert is my favourite for flavor and for cleaning so far.

I just ordered 2 4mm sic banger beads from fadespace. So I'm looking forward to trying an all sic setup!

If anybody orders the splash guard inserts from eternal can you please review them. I think they would be good at keeping ones atomizer nice and clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil710,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So I was using my Peak daily when my atty broke, I had purchased a spare so I popped it in... unfortunately My new Peak atomizer was DOA. After contacting Puffco over a week ago I am still waiting on a response. I have sent in the full report on the required troubleshooting twice and sent a video in...twice. I guess they decided they would get a free $50 out of me if they don't respond.
Instead, I figured I would take the matter into my own hands. So, most of you guys here are like me and pretty tech savvy, not that you need to be for this project. There is really no need to buy Puffco atomizers, they are nothing special. Just a cheap alumina ceramic heater in a proprietary metal housing.
I grabbed a few parts out of my closet and 5 minutes later I had this...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQEBkIHRZB/

It runs close to the same temps but slightly lower. I will be ordering some heaters with the same specs to rebuild my own in the future if Puffco doesn't step up with a better solution. I also told so many people that this thing was great and to buy it, I suppose I will be rebuilding their atomizers as well. Maybe I should start sending out rebuild kits to folks who need them instead with an instructional video? lol

Hoosier

So I was using my Peak daily when my atty broke, I had purchased a spare so I popped it in... unfortunately My new Peak atomizer was DOA. After contacting Puffco over a week ago I am still waiting on a response. I have sent in the full report on the required troubleshooting twice and sent a video in...twice. I guess they decided they would get a free $50 out of me if they don't respond.
Instead, I figured I would take the matter into my own hands. So, most of you guys here are like me and pretty tech savvy, not that you need to be for this project. There is really no need to buy Puffco atomizers, they are nothing special. Just a cheap alumina ceramic heater in a proprietary metal housing.
I grabbed a few parts out of my closet and 5 minutes later I had this...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQEBkIHRZB/

It runs close to the same temps but slightly lower. I will be ordering some heaters with the same specs to rebuild my own in the future if Puffco doesn't step up with a better solution. I also told so many people that this thing was great and to buy it, I suppose I will be rebuilding their atomizers as well. Maybe I should start sending out rebuild kits to folks who need them instead with an instructional video? lol

Link to the heaters you are using?

Hoosier,

peakinn

haven't been here ina while, so long my old login didn't work!
Anyway, know I shouldn't beg, but if anyone has a 10% code for puffco that they don't need, I'd love to finally buy a peak today..

peakinn,

bignoze

haven't been here ina while, so long my old login didn't work!
Anyway, know I shouldn't beg, but if anyone has a 10% code for puffco that they don't need, I'd love to finally buy a peak today..

Just go on Ebay.....they are less then 300 bucks.

bignoze,

Vision103

Vision103
If anyone tries the new peak caps let me know how they work, looks like they would spin the oil a bit better than the stock cap. Or if anyone recommends a bubble cap that works well with it. Peak came in super handy the weekend of my wedding, so many people to talk to would have made using a torch pretty tough, was able to go take quick dabs in the bedroom and pop back out within a minute, and my wife was able to take dabs while getting ready for the big day. On our first atomizer, probably about 50-60 dabs through the unit so far.
I got one at the cave smoke shop. Found them on Instagram. Got a bubble cap for 30 bucks. It's nice. I like it better them the cheap ass puffco.

I dont understand the complaining about concentrates pooling in the peak. When I take a dab off of a quartz nail or my SiC and Sapphire Dnail dishes i always have pooling, Ive never taken a dab from any device or rig/banger where I take a dab and it is completely vaporized and there is nothing to wipe up afterwards unless it was way too hot.

If i take a dab, it tastes good and gets me medicated I dont care how much oil im wiping up in the nail after the dab. Maybe thats just me though
Only time I didn't see a pool is when people do 700 or above and a smaller Dab. It's gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vision103,
Top Bottom