• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Puffco Peak

tylerj55

Thanks for the info guys, im either going with the peak or the switch i think. Anyone have both by chance?
Yeah I have both, and I prefer the Peak. I like the size and the accessories more, and I feel like I get better flavor off of the Peak. The switch might work better with the eternal quartz insert, but the quartz they provide is too thin and loses heat fast. Preloading is how I liked it best for the switch, but I can preload or take a regular dab on either piece. Both of them I would recommend a different carb cap than what comes stock.

tylerj55,
Reactions: bignoze

Nok21

Yeah I have both, and I prefer the Peak. I like the size and the accessories more, and I feel like I get better flavor off of the Peak. The switch might work better with the eternal quartz insert, but the quartz they provide is too thin and loses heat fast. Preloading is how I liked it best for the switch, but I can preload or take a regular dab on either piece. Both of them I would recommend a different carb cap than what comes stock.

How is contact with puffco & their warranty service? That would be my biggest concern is some electrical malfunction i cannot fix. A few people online say they never get back to them Im leaning toward the switch a little just for battery otherwise.

Nok21,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Does your Peak atty fit on a mod box? Can you run it off a different battery? I have asked this before with no response, but I know you have a Peak and a mod box so maybe you can let us know

nosmoking,

tylerj55

Does your Peak atty fit on a mod box? Can you run it off a different battery? I have asked this before with no response, but I know you have a Peak and a mod box so maybe you can let us know

It’s not a 510 threaded atomizer, so it does not fit unfortunately.

How is contact with puffco & their warranty service? That would be my biggest concern is some electrical malfunction i cannot fix. A few people online say they never get back to them Im leaning toward the switch a little just for battery otherwise.

My experience with Puffco has been that it may take some time to get back to you initially, but after that they are pretty quick to get you right. My Switch got too hot and ended up splattering mechanical oil all over the inside of the 50mm male glass connection and it shattered. I explained it to them and sent pictures of the device and my receipt and in the very first email response I got an apology and a tracking number for a replacement.

Dr Dabber is better customer service wise, but Puffco isn’t bad in my personal experience. I have seen many people have bad experiences with both, so I think it is all luck of the draw to a degree. I’d say go for the Switch if you can’t be without your dabbing device for a week or two if any problems arise. If you can wait though I truly believe the Peak is a better device. It definitely has its flaws, but I love it so much.

*side note*- is anybody here with or without a peak thinking about getting the v4 divine tribe? It’s basically a better QQ and will fit on my rx300. This thing will be way cheaper than the Puffco and I think may be a better option for a lot of people.

tylerj55,

Nok21

It’s not a 510 threaded atomizer, so it does not fit unfortunately.

..My Switch got too hot and ended up splattering mechanical oil all over the inside of the 50mm male glass connection and it shattered. I explained it to them and sent pictures of the device and my receipt and in the very first email response I got an apology and a tracking number for a replacement.

Mechanical oil in a vaporizer?

Nok21,

tylerj55

Mechanical oil in a vaporizer?
I assume that’s what it was. The glass is sealed off, so there’s no way my oil got to the inside. It was black and the device smelled fairly strong of an electrical fire. I have no clue what it was, but unless something like this happens while using it I don’t think it’s an issue at all.

tylerj55,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I can't help but shake my head at anyone who would spend half the cost of the Peak itself on an insert made in China.

I've had the opportunity to try out a Fadespace and an EQ insert, and neither seemed noticeably better to me than the stock ceramic cup.

What's made the biggest improvement to me so far has been using a better bubble cap (I got one from spacewalk).

I also haven't had an opportunity to try anything other than stock glass so far. $200+ to mod this mechanically basic and soon-to-be-obsolete device just isn't reasonable. Also, one of my favorite things about the Peak is the carrying case, which won't fit anything other than stock glass :\
The owner of puffco has been buying a ton of aftermarket glass attachments for the peak, I dont see them changing the size of the base. Unless another company comes out with something better.
Design of what? The base or atomizer? I’ve tried 4 atomizers.
Think they meant the design of the sic dish. Their first quartz inserts didnt even fit the peak but they sold them anyway. Wouldnt be surprised if the first run of sic dishes were too thick or something and they probably didnt test them before they started taking preorders

Mynameismud,

Pfennz

Nah I just got this sic insert within the past week. Tried 4 different atomizers and none would heat it up well.

Pfennz,

Pfennz

Gives clouds the size of if my 4 year old niece tried to take a hit. I’ll put it on white and get much smaller hits than my opaque quartz on blue. Just when I hit sesh mode like 3 times on red or white will it hit but doesn’t taste great. When did you buy your sic? When did you buy the atomizer you’re using?

Last edited:
Pfennz,

Nok21

I assume that’s what it was. The glass is sealed off, so there’s no way my oil got to the inside. It was black and the device smelled fairly strong of an electrical fire. I have no clue what it was, but unless something like this happens while using it I don’t think it’s an issue at all.

I'd love to see a picture of that.. did they give an excuse? I mean machine oil should not be in a vaporizer let alone near an airpath.

Nok21,

tylerj55

I'd love to see a picture of that.. did they give an excuse? I mean machine oil should not be in a vaporizer let alone near an airpath.
24djzbq.jpg

Hopefully that’s clear enough for you to see, it’s really hard to get a good picture of it. The black stuff on the glass is the machine oil type substance, and you can see the coil seems to be coated in it too.

Edit- cleaned it up a bit and you can see better where the machine oil splashed onto the glass. It’s a dark black stain on the inside of the glass.

View My Video

tylerj55,

Nok21

Hopefully that’s clear enough for you to see, it’s really hard to get a good picture of it. The black stuff on the glass is the machine oil type substance, and you can see the coil seems to be coated in it too.

Edit- cleaned it up a bit and you can see better where the machine oil splashed onto the glass. It’s a dark black stain on the inside of the glass.

View My Video

Dang man.. And smells like machine oil, as in no way it was oil that leaked down? Did they replace or address the issue? I cannot imagine why machine oil would be in a vape...

Nok21,

tylerj55

Dang man.. And smells like machine oil, as in no way it was oil that leaked down? Did they replace or address the issue? I cannot imagine why machine oil would be in a vape...
Yeah the glass is completely sealed until it broke, so there’s no way oil got in there. It smells horrible as well. They never addressed it at all, they just replaced it.

tylerj55,

WKONE

Hey guys.

Just got my Peak and immediately ordered an Eternal thin wall quartz insert and bubble cap. Anyone know which setting works best with that setup? Advice on heating and cooldown times? Should I have gone with the thick wall instead?

WKONE,

tylerj55

Hey guys.

Just got my Peak and immediately ordered an Eternal thin wall quartz insert and bubble cap. Anyone know which setting works best with that setup? Advice on heating and cooldown times? Should I have gone with the thick wall instead?
Hopefully they send your order out faster than mine. It’s been 10+ days and they sent me a tracking number two days ago that has been stuck on Pre-Shipment since.

Blue setting works best for me on my first eternal thin wall insert. You can pre load or dab traditionally.

tylerj55,
Reactions: Pfennz

freddiegibbs

While charging, my base is now emitting an audible high-pitched noise and the blinking indicator stutters perceptibly. Has anyone else seen this?

freddiegibbs,

Pfennz

If anyone has trouble with the sic insert from Fadespace, mine is working well now. Had to find the right atomizer (some of mine work better than others) and barely put the lid of the atomizer on. We think heat was being transferred to the lid. Works now.

Pfennz,
Reactions: bignoze

Neil710

If anyone has trouble with the sic insert from Fadespace, mine is working well now. Had to find the right atomizer (some of mine work better than others) and barely put the lid of the atomizer on. We think heat was being transferred to the lid. Works now.

Immediately the sic insert worked perfect for me with a new atomizer ordered, now it doesn't seem to work at all.... I reverted back to the ceramic insert to see if the atomizer is still working properly and unfortunately my new atomizer didn't properly eat the ceramic insert as well.

I'm getting frustrated with these atomizers. They are expensive and they don't seem to last even if you regularly clean them in isopropyl.

Neil710,

Neil710

Did you do anything different to the lid?

Neil710,

Pfennz

Did you do anything different to the lid?
I just barely pressed it down, so the plastic or whatever it is isn’t touching, but just so the black rubber (?) portion still makes a seal. Hope that made sense.

Pfennz,

Danksta

Really wish they would announce the revised peak instead of pushing all these new limited colors.

The issues with this device are known and public, yet they just keep making more units with these issues.

That tells me they care more about profit than releasing a solid product.

Puffco, stop sending me emails about limited colors. Let me know when you got a more durable unit.

You still ask full price for this flawed unit.

:myday:

Danksta,

Neil710

I just barely pressed it down, so the plastic or whatever it is isn’t touching, but just so the black rubber (?) portion still makes a seal. Hope that made sense.

Ok I think I understand what you're saying, so the brace part is elevated a little bit from the insert, but the rubber still makes a seal. I will try that out.

Neil710,

Pfennz

Ok I think I understand what you're saying, so the brace part is elevated a little bit from the insert, but the rubber still makes a seal. I will try that out.
Exactly. I just press the top down all the way after I’m done so the insert doesn’t slide while q tipping. This is much harder with the newer atomizers as you have to push the lid down farther to make a seal

Last edited:
Pfennz,
Top Bottom