Puffco Peak

FreshAir

I have the same ones. The glass is a little too thick and the product is just a tad too tall. They’ll be making them a little thinner within a week or so, so I’d wait.

QUOTE="mrbonsai420, post: 1257807, member: 26430"]I ordered some of these, should be here soon. I'll let you know but they look too thin, but they may be perfect, I'll keep you posted.
EDIT: ok these came in and they are about perfect. For $3 you can’t lose! Far left is the dh gate , other quartz is the smallest CCA Liger insert.

FreshAir,

vc

VC
Hello! Would anyone know how I could get a replacement glass for the peak? I was hoping someone who had upgraded to a heady attachment or whose peak is SOL might be willing to part ways with theirs?

I tried sending them an email about whether they will be selling them separately, but didn't get a reply.

vc,

Putricio

So, from what I’ve read, there is a Version 2 Peak out now? What’s the difference between the V1 and V2?

Putricio,

Putricio

Disregard my previous post. I realized you guys were talking about the quartz cups, not the actual Peak. My apologies.

Putricio,

tharealmclovin

So my first peak atomizer went bad today, luckily when I ordered I requested an extra atomizer and they sent one...Has anyone tried rebuilding a puffco atomizer? Im hoping we can make it better and more reliable.

tharealmclovin,

Pfennz

I know I know... everyone is gonna be shocked. I unscrewed my atomizer today and the bottom half of the atomizer remained screwed in the base. Sigh.

Pfennz,

mutten840

@Pfennz
The whole metal base portion? Did the ceramic pad come out or did it stay in. If it came out, its pretty easy to put back in. Just dont break the wires and you should be able to get back up and running quickly

Page 7 has a few posts from me on how to put the atomizer back into the body. Here are some steps also, in case you dont want to hunt =)

In this pic you can see the spot cut into the inside of the thread portion

You want one wire pushed into that channel and the other wire in the middle, so you can get the silicone piece into the hole. When doing this I hold the ceramic portion on top of my pinky inside the atomizer. So I can keep it snug against the bottom. I use something that has an edge to push the one wire into the channel and to make sure the other wire is in the middle of the hole. Once the silicone nipple is in, i will push the middle wire over to the edge a little to be able to get the brass end cap in. Once all that is done, you are set.

Pfennz

@Pfennz
The whole metal base portion? Did the ceramic pad come out or did it stay in. If it came out, its pretty easy to put back in. Just dont break the wires and you should be able to get back up and running quickly

Page 7 has a few posts from me on how to put the atomizer back into the body. Here are some steps also, in case you dont want to hunt =)

In this pic you can see the spot cut into the inside of the thread portion

You want one wire pushed into that channel and the other wire in the middle, so you can get the silicone piece into the hole. When doing this I hold the ceramic portion on top of my pinky inside the atomizer. So I can keep it snug against the bottom. I use something that has an edge to push the one wire into the channel and to make sure the other wire is in the middle of the hole. Once the silicone nipple is in, i will push the middle wire over to the edge a little to be able to get the brass end cap in. Once all that is done, you are set.

I’m actually talking about the very bottom of the atomizer got stuck in the gold connector. Can someone please show me a pic of their gold connector on the base? I’m not sure if there’s still a piece loged in there or not. I don’t want to try and pull something out if it’s part of the gold connector. Thanks!

Pfennz,

Pfennz

Is this disc like thing supposed to be in there? Hmm it won’t let me paste an image for some reason.

Pfennz,

mutten840

The disc is supposed to be there and the only thing that could come off would be the brass tip on the end of the atomizer =)

mutten840,

Pfennz

The disc is supposed to be there and the only thing that could come off would be the brass tip on the end of the atomizer =)
Thanks. Yea I feel like the disc even moved a little. The concentrate that oozed out through the atomizer maybe pushed it? Now I’m afraid it got under the disc. Sigh.....

Pfennz,

mutten840

I wouldn’t sweat it. Have you tried to see if it still works?
I have dropped dabs into other atomizers and they weathered it ok =)
If it did get loose and does not work, I would email them and see what they can do. You might just have to send it in.

mutten840,

SMODomite

Had a peak in my cart yesterday, but my indecisiveness got the better of me and I started searching for more reviews and just know I am going to be bummed out if I get a 400 dollar piece that has atomizers that break so easy or whole units breaking down. I really wanted this thing to work well because it is perfect for my and my fiances needs in the summer but just a high price tag for something that may have a bunch of issues. If anyone has any comparable travel rigs or has had a better experience with their peak I'd love to hear about it.

SMODomite,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
So far I have had two warranty issues, both taken care of quickly and I do love this thing, I'm not really into concentrates but have used a lot more since the peak arrived!

slcbdco,
Reactions: JCat

SMODomite

So far I have had two warranty issues, both taken care of quickly and I do love this thing, I'm not really into concentrates but have used a lot more since the peak arrived!
Thanks for the feedback! I do use concentrates a decent amount, but two warranty issues already when this thing has only been out a couple months is worrisome how it may hold up down the line. Sounds like they should have kept this in R&D for another few months.

Pfennz

I do want to say I contacted Puffco via email about the atomizer leaking into my base, and they have since sent my a 1 day shipping label to send it back and possibly get replaced. The customer service especially over Memorial Day weekend was actually great.

Pfennz,

jonnywinner

Here's a quartz cup I found and like made specifically for the Peak from KXB Glass. Haven't used any others. Am using it a little more than the ceramic cup. Find it much easier to keep clean. They also sell carb caps ... cuz you know if yours hasn't broken yet it will soon.
ekf8tt.jpg
[/IMG]
ekf8tt.jpg

jonnywinner,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
For those with experience using quality enails, does the Peak compete with an enail experience??

Tempted, but I've not had the best experience with these types of electric portable nails and am hesitant on jumping in at this price.

FlyingLow,

kunkgrow

Got my unit yesterday. Charged for few hours. Turn on, check battery with triple click, green! G2G.
Loaded first dab, double click, smooth hit !
Q-tip the bowl, wait a few mins, load next , now when I double click to start heating the light will flash 5 times (solid color, no rainbow) and stay off.
The unit still keeps unlocked (on) but the double click to start heat never holds. Tried unscrewing the atomizer and putting it back but doesn’t seem to do a thing.
Anyway had similar experience,?

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

0a4Ug78.jpg
Found the issue ! I took apart the atomizer , and surprisingly found the wires to be shorted. So much for a 400 $ device quality control hey ? Anyway, I rearranged the pins and positioned properly , reassembled and surely enough now it’s working great ! I guess it worked the first time because the wires were close but not touching, then with the first heat expansion it then shorter.

Last edited by a moderator:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
0M8JKVf
Found the issue ! I took apart the atomizer , and surprisingly found the wires to be shorted. So much for a 400 $ device quality control hey ? Anyway, I rearranged the pins and positioned properly , reassembled and surely enough now it’s working great ! I guess it worked the first time because the wires were close but not touching, then with the first heat expansion it then shorter.

I can't wait for the Clone version.
Most likely will be improved at around real world value
of about $150 -180
Can anyone compare the quality of the Hit as compared
to the QQ (by Honest Matt) Divine Tribe?

tennisguru1,
Top Bottom