Puffco Peak

ohmygodimsohigh

Man. I wholeheartedly disagree about the low setting being too hot. The low setting on the Xvape Vista is akin to 10 o’ clock on the Vapexhale EVO dial. I like my dabs nice and low temp. I’d know if the Vista was not providing a low temp dab experience.

The Peak DEFINITELY reeks of ceramic. Two different units emit the exact same telltale smell. It’s not a noxious smell per se. But it is definitely very strong and definitely adulterates particularly the bright terpene notes in a DRASTIC, negative way. At all temp settings. I live in the bay. I dab sauce with diamonds all day every day. I have 35 different flavors of sauce sitting on my coffee table. I know what I am talking about. The Peak categorically does NOT provide good flavor. Anybody saying that is experiencing buyers remorse and is in denial. To say the Peak doesn’t smell when heated without any oil on it, is literally to deny your olfactory senses. It is not open to interpretation. Trust me. It smells like a damn ceramic hearth oven. Surprise surprise. It’s ceramic. There’s a good reason ceramic nails are sooooooo 2013. If you think the Peak tastes good, you’ve honestly never tasted your oil properly.

Sounds like you got some bad units or something man.
That or a sensitivity to ceramic that the rest of us are not burdened with.

Everything i pushed through my peaks tasted great.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Sounds like you got some bad units or something man.
That or a sensitivity to ceramic that the rest of us are not burdened with.

Everything i pushed through my peaks tasted great.
Smell your unit on heat cycle without a load in it. The smell is undeniable. And it is not just me as my friend noted the same thing on his unit.

PhreedomPhries,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Lol ok. Do me next. My Peak doesn't produce anything resembling a ceramic odor. Now tell me I'm wrong :lol:
Compare it to a Vapexhale hit dialed to 10’ o clock and you will objectively and empirically see that you’ve been missing out on actually tasting your oil. Anyone who says the Vapexhale hit, specifically at 10 o’clock on the dial, is not far cleaner and less adulterated, has no sense of taste. It’s like saying a fine wine tastes better out of a ceramic goblet than out of fine crystal. It’s simply demonstrably false. Just as a ceramic goblet imparts adulterated taste, so too does a ceramic nail heated to 500+ degrees.
#science

PhreedomPhries,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
No smell at all here either. No bad taste and I dab daily off a Sic and quartz dish as well. Also have a Cloud Evo with glass nails.
10 o’clock on the dial guys. A hit off the EVO at around the 2 o’ clock position that near everyone hits them at, dare I say tastes WORSE than the Peak. The difference between 2 o’clock and 10 o’clock with a 15 second wait before taking the first draw, is night and day.

10 o’clock on the dial guys. A hit off the EVO at around the 2 o’ clock position that near everyone hits them at, dare I say tastes WORSE than the Peak. The difference between 2 o’clock and 10 o’clock with a 15 second wait before taking the first draw, is night and day.
This is going to be really funny when I contact puffco to tell them that my buckets reek of ceramic, and they send me replacements that reek just the same. Fanboys without taste buds are to blame for people suggesting the Peak tastes anywhere near as good as a low temp dab off quartz. The form factor and a lot of other things about the peak are great. I would love to love it. But the taste is rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
PhreedomPhries,

Justpassedu

This is going to be really funny when I contact puffco to tell them that my buckets reek of ceramic, and they send me replacements that reek just the same. Fanboys without taste buds are to blame for people suggesting the Peak tastes anywhere near as good as a low temp dab off quartz. The form factor and a lot of other things about the peak are great. I would love to love it. But the taste is rubbish.
In all honesty as a company I dislike Puffco so no fanboy here. After a few years of experience and trying various different pens , devices , enails and dab surfaces such as Ti, quartz , sic , ceramic ect. I can say the peak is not bad. It is simple and convenient. I still use at home a Dnail Sic halo and a quartz banger plus I will occasionally pull the Evo out for a Dab which was not even designed for dabbing and just a after thought by the company that works pretty well. Trust me if it had a bad smell or taste I would not be using it with all the other devices I have available so maybe this is a isolated issue on your behalf. I hope you get it worked out man bc flavor on green for me happens to be really nice and comparable to a dab in the 500F range on my Sic halo and even quartz banger.

tharealmclovin

Man. I wholeheartedly disagree about the low setting being too hot. The low setting on the Xvape Vista is akin to 10 o’ clock on the Vapexhale EVO dial. I like my dabs nice and low temp. I’d know if the Vista was not providing a low temp dab experience.

The Peak DEFINITELY reeks of ceramic. Two different units emit the exact same telltale smell. It’s not a noxious smell per se. But it is definitely very strong and definitely adulterates particularly the bright terpene notes in a DRASTIC, negative way. At all temp settings. I live in the bay. I dab sauce with diamonds all day every day. I have 35 different flavors of sauce sitting on my coffee table. I know what I am talking about. The Peak categorically does NOT provide good flavor. Anybody saying that is experiencing buyers remorse and is in denial. To say the Peak doesn’t smell when heated without any oil on it, is literally to deny your olfactory senses. It is not open to interpretation. Trust me. It smells like a damn ceramic hearth oven. Surprise surprise. It’s ceramic. There’s a good reason ceramic nails are sooooooo 2013. If you think the Peak tastes good, you’ve honestly never tasted your oil properly.

Never had that problem myself and no I'm not in denial. But to alleviate your problem why not spend a few extra bucks for the quartz.

tharealmclovin,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Never had that problem myself and no I'm not in denial. But to alleviate your problem why not spend a few extra bucks for the quartz.

I received this response directly from Puffco earlier today. Turns out it DOES smell of ceramic. Funny everyone claiming it doesn’t. Puffco admits it.

Ashley Puffco (Puffco Support)

Jun 18, 10:30 AM PDT

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to Puffco. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your ceramic bowls. All Peaks come with an extra ceramic bowl. Also, if you are dry firing the Atomizer with no product, you will likely notice a ceramic-like odor. This is normal as the bowl, as well as the heating element, is made of ceramic.

The odor or taste coming from the bowl while there is product loaded should never be anything other than the product. I hope this helps!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great day!
Ashley Puffco

PhreedomPhries,

Justpassedu

I received this response directly from Puffco earlier today. Turns out it DOES smell of ceramic. Funny everyone claiming it doesn’t. Puffco admits it.

Ashley Puffco (Puffco Support)

Jun 18, 10:30 AM PDT

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to Puffco. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your ceramic bowls. All Peaks come with an extra ceramic bowl. Also, if you are dry firing the Atomizer with no product, you will likely notice a ceramic-like odor. This is normal as the bowl, as well as the heating element, is made of ceramic.

The odor or taste coming from the bowl while there is product loaded should never be anything other than the product. I hope this helps!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great day!
Ashley Puffco
Dude you are literally on every forum fighting this issue you are having when almost no one agrees with you, give it up please. I don't run my buckets dry nor will I ever unless it is for cleaning. I do not notice a smell or tainted taste. If I did , I just would not use the device and sell it. I would however if noticed bring the issue up like you have which is perfectly normal and fair but no reason to go on about it. I understand your concern and its possibly you just are a bit more sensitive to the ceramic like some are with certain metals. Most of just don't smell or taste anything. Tell you what , pm me, I will buy your Peak at a discount since it is now used and your issues will be gone.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Fanboys without taste buds are to blame for people suggesting the Peak tastes anywhere near as good as a low temp dab off quartz.
Calling members "fanboys without taste buds" is not very nice which also makes it against forum rules. You can state your opinion without mixing in insults. Please keep your remarks civil or warning points will be in your future.

Thank you.

:peace:

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
As you all can see, for everyone saying it doesn’t smell at all, Puffco clearly indicates it does have a ceramic odor when heated. It’s acknowledged the smell is present when it is dry. It’s also inherently present when there is oil loaded, it just inherently mixes and gets muddled with the taste of the oil. Which is why I said that for me, the Peak completely blunts all the bright terpene notes. That is specifically because the smell/taste of ceramic is overwhelming those most “sensitive” notes in the flavor.

Dude you are literally on every forum fighting this issue you are having when almost no one agrees with you, give it up please. I don't run my buckets dry nor will I ever unless it is for cleaning. I do not notice a smell or tainted taste. If I did , I just would not use the device and sell it. I would however if noticed bring the issue up like you have which is perfectly normal and fair but no reason to go on about it. I understand your concern and its possibly you just are a bit more sensitive to the ceramic like some are with certain metals. Most of just don't smell or taste anything. Tell you what , pm me, I will buy your Peak at a discount since it is now used and your issues will be gone.
In all honesty, I think it’s important to identify that this device has the presence of a ceramic odor and taste, because I certainly think many people would like to have that disclosed to them before making a purchase. I certainly wish I had heard others saying this before I made my purchase. So learn from my mistake and listen to what Puffco and I both attest to, which is that the device does smell like ceramic. Hell, if you really want to notice the smell, torch the ceramic bucket until it is very hot and then smell it as it is cooling down. To say it doesn’t have a very noticeable smell, is to suggest quartz puts off a similar odor which can be easily mistaken for “no smell” as many are claiming. Is anyone actually suggesting this Peak ceramic is as neutral smelling as quartz, or even anywhere near as neutral?

Last edited by a moderator:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
As you all can see, for everyone saying it doesn’t smell at all, Puffco clearly indicates it does have a ceramic odor when heated. It’s acknowledged the smell is present when it is dry. It’s also inherently present when there is oil loaded, it just inherently mixes and gets muddled with the taste of the oil. Which is why I said that for me, the Peak completely blunts all the bright terpene notes. That is specifically because the smell/taste of ceramic is overwhelming those most “sensitive” notes in the flavor.
So are you gonna buy an insert? Or perhaps put your Peak in the classifieds?

Some of us are sensitive to silicone, some to hot stone/ceramic, others to Titanium or even aluminum possibly. This does not mean the device is at fault. This can be purely subjective to the user. I learned not to hate on vapes with silicone in the air path even tho the slightest smell or taste of silicone can be somewhat nauseating to me. This doesn't mean the Peak or Ghost or other vapes with silicone in the air path are no good, just that they are likely no good for me.

On that note, while I may smell silicone on a device with my naked nose a person that is not as sensitive to silicone smell or taste may not notice the silicone at all.

I agree its worth mentioning for those who don't put as much consideration into the materials in a device before they buy it, however it seems nonsensical to carry on about it or even make a big deal out of it.

The 2 types of people that buy the Peak the most will be new dabbers and seasoned dabbers. New dabbers will not likely know what they like for a nail material and ceramic is a good place to start...most of us did right? Yourself included right?

And seasoned dabbers should already know better. Like yourself...you should have known what ceramic nails are like since you were rocking them in 2013. Not trying to knock you down my friend, but you should just buy an insert and get back to us with your findings. Let us know if it makes the Peak meet your standards or if not for some reason. That is something we actually do care to hear about from you.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
So are you gonna buy an insert? Or perhaps put your Peak in the classifieds?

Some of us are sensitive to silicone, some to hot stone/ceramic, others to Titanium or even aluminum possibly. This does not mean the device is at fault. This can be purely subjective to the user. I learned not to hate on vapes with silicone in the air path even tho the slightest smell or taste of silicone can be somewhat nauseating to me. This doesn't mean the Peak or Ghost or other vapes with silicone in the air path are no good, just that they are likely no good for me.

On that note, while I may smell silicone on a device with my naked nose a person that is not as sensitive to silicone smell or taste may not notice the silicone at all.

I agree its worth mentioning for those who don't put as much consideration into the materials in a device before they buy it, however it seems nonsensical to carry on about it or even make a big deal out of it.

The 2 types of people that buy the Peak the most will be new dabbers and seasoned dabbers. New dabbers will not likely know what they like for a nail material and ceramic is a good place to start...most of us did right? Yourself included right?

And seasoned dabbers should already know better. Like yourself...you should have known what ceramic nails are like since you were rocking them in 2013. Not trying to knock you down my friend, but you should just buy an insert and get back to us with your findings. Let us know if it makes the Peak meet your standards or if not for some reason. That is something we actually do care to hear about from you.
I am looking forward to receiving the quartz inserts in the mail in the next couple days. I trust they will lessen the smell of ceramic. However, because the heating plate underneath the insert is also ceramic, and because it does also smell when heated, I expect there will remain some smell of the ceramic though I do hope it will be substantially less and will report.

PhreedomPhries,

Hoosier

Sorry that you peak sucks. Glad that mine does not. Either way, you come across as a complete d-bag with comments like the last sentence.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Sorry that you peak sucks. Glad that mine does not. Either way, you come across as a complete d-bag with comments like the last sentence.
There’s always the distinct possibility that my opinion is 100% true. It’s amazing what people are determined not to believe. Puffco themselves admits the ceramic in the device smells when heated. Puzzling why anyone else is denying it.

PhreedomPhries,
Top Bottom