Puffco Peak

b0

Cloudy...
I have heard some very concerning stuff from Puffco and while I do love the Peak when it works I could not believe what their stance on their product is. I am not sure what the rules to posting their comment is

Please share

Pfennz

I have heard some very concerning stuff from Puffco and while I do love the Peak when it works I could not believe what their stance on their product is. I am not sure what the rules to posting their comment is
I’ve heard very concerning things from every vape company in existence...

Pfennz,
Reactions: arb

Justpassedu

Finally picked 1 of these up and it should be arriving today or tomorrow. I was torn between this and the Dr.Dabber Switch but ultimately gave it some thought and what made me grab this over the other was the size. I'd mostly be using this on the go so that was a important factor. Got a Custom Carb Cap already ordered and some of those Dhgate quartz inserts. Now I wanna find some custom glass but wow are blowers are charging a ton for them. $600-$1200 I been seeing and imo that is to much for a small device like this. Hope everyone is enjoying.

Pfennz

Please list these "concerning things" by vape manufacturer please?

I know I'd prefer an alphabetical list, if that's not too much to ask.
:popcorn:
The point is, don’t come on here and say you’ve heard “concerning things” and not tell us what they are and your references. There are people on the internet saying that about every vape company.

Pfennz,
Reactions: arb

Pfennz

Finally picked 1 of these up and it should be arriving today or tomorrow. I was torn between this and the Dr.Dabber Switch but ultimately gave it some thought and what made me grab this over the other was the size. I'd mostly be using this on the go so that was a important factor. Got a Custom Carb Cap already ordered and some of those Dhgate quartz inserts. Now I wanna find some custom glass but wow are blowers are charging a ton for them. $600-$1200 I been seeing and imo that is to much for a small device like this. Hope everyone is enjoying.
Check MREglass on IG. I spent $200 and it was one of his first attachments, but maybe he has more

Pfennz,

Justpassedu

Got mine yesterday , so far so good. Ty to @PuffItUp for always taking care of me :
shaLpBW.jpg

Pfennz

I tried a quartz insert from fadespace and it was decent. I paid a lot more for an opaque quartz insert from crystalstarquartz (IG) and it works awesome. Thought I’d throw that out there. I use it on blue. Is it worth $80? To be honest, I think the ceramic cup it comes with is one of the best I’ve used.

Pfennz,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Has anyone with a Peak tried the Peak atomizer on a box mod? Is it a 510 thread? Will it fit?

Also, can anyone provide the outside dimensions of the Peak dish? I would like to know the height and diameter which looks different at the top and bottom.

nosmoking,

Justpassedu

What's so bad about the stock glass @Justpassedu ? Surprised the carb cap is still in one piece, virtually every on I've seen has been in two pieces within days.
The stock carb cap actually is not half bad, it works well just cheap glass and the same goes for the stock glass. I have just been pretty careful with it. The stock glass in my opinion is just very fragile, thin and a pain to fill perfectly. If I pull to hard I always get water in my mouth and it does not take much water to begin with. It will be ok for travel as it is the only glass that will fit in the travel case the Peak comes with but at $400 for the unit I am not a big fan and feel they should have provided a better piece with it.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Has anyone with a Peak tried the Peak atomizer on a box mod? Is it a 510 thread? Will it fit?

Also, can anyone provide the outside dimensions of the Peak dish? I would like to know the height and diameter which looks different at the top and bottom.

it would be pointless theres airholes on the bottom and there would be no way to hit it.

the top of the dish is 16mm not sure about the bottom

Mynameismud,

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Recently received my peak and had a couple of warranty items get taken care of by Puffco super quick and with no hassle. For me, it fits in perfectly as a harder hitting Puffco Plus big brother with same consistent performance and high flavor output (thanks for the presales feedback @Mynameismud). But curious, my peak always gets reset to green upon power up. Everyone experiencing the same?

Also, after it comes to temp and tells me so, the base light continues to flash a couple of seconds (and then I think a final single vibration). Is this indicating that the unit is still powering the atomizer for a couple seconds after it reaches temp?

notoriousLrg,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
it would be pointless theres airholes on the bottom and there would be no way to hit it.

the top of the dish is 16mm not sure about the bottom
I disagree that it would be pointless. I would like to know as I have some plans that could work with this atomizer if it does work on a box mod. I just didn't want to waste $40 to find out. I am sure it will though. The atomizer itself is built like all the other simple ones. I just did not know if it is really 510 thread or 610 thread.

I would also like to know the diameter of the metal atomizer itself.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Okay so honestly, I’m really really really unclear as to why nobody is talking about the very pronounced smell this device puts off, without any oil loaded in it. It’s not due to it being fresh out the box, “offgassing”, residue, etc, as it smells the exact same fresh out the box as it does after torching the ceramic bucket thoroughly and rinsing it with ISO. The ceramic insert/bucket is definitely the source/culprit as it doesn’t smell nearly as pronounced if you’d heat the device with the ceramic bucket removed. (Even the ceramic heating plate underneath is not smelling anywhere near as pronounced as the bucket smells when heated). It’s nowhere near a neutral odor, and I’m shocked shocked SHOCKED that nobody else is mentioning it either in this forum, or in the many reviews I’ve watched online. It’s clear as day guys. It drastically adulterated the taste of whatever’s high quality oil is loaded into it. Easy test is to compare the taste to that out of the Vapexhale EVO with it dialed down to 10 o’ Clock. Now THAT is clean FLAVOR. This Puffco Peak has a drastic taste imparted to the vapor from the ceramic itself and anyone who claims otherwise does not know what they are talking about. To be clear, I’m not necessarily saying the device offgasses a dangerous gas, as I imagine it’s somewhat safe since the source is ceramic, but to say the device has a good taste, or a neutral odor, is outright demonstrably FALSE.

Unless the quartz inserts totally changes the ballgame, this isn’t a better portable dab rig than the Xvape Vista. The taste of the vapor at the low temp setting on the Vista is drastically better than the taste on the low temp setting on the Puffco Peak.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Okay so honestly, I’m really really really unclear as to why nobody is talking about the very pronounced smell this device puts off, without any oil loaded in it. It’s not due to it being fresh out the box, “offgassing”, residue, etc, as it smells the exact same fresh out the box as it does after torching the ceramic bucket thoroughly and rinsing it with ISO. The ceramic insert/bucket is definitely the source/culprit as it doesn’t smell nearly as pronounced if you’d heat the device with the ceramic bucket removed. (Even the ceramic heating plate underneath is not smelling anywhere near as pronounced as the bucket smells when heated). It’s nowhere near a neutral odor, and I’m shocked shocked SHOCKED that nobody else is mentioning it either in this forum, or in the many reviews I’ve watched online. It’s clear as day guys. It drastically adulterated the taste of whatever’s high quality oil is loaded into it. Easy test is to compare the taste to that out of the Vapexhale EVO with it dialed down to 10 o’ Clock. Now THAT is clean FLAVOR. This Puffco Peak has a drastic taste imparted to the vapor from the ceramic itself and anyone who claims otherwise does not know what they are talking about. To be clear, I’m not necessarily saying the device offgasses a dangerous gas, as I imagine it’s somewhat safe since the source is ceramic, but to say the device has a good taste, or a neutral odor, is outright demonstrably FALSE.

Unless the quartz inserts totally changes the ballgame, this isn’t a better portable dab rig than the Xvape Vista. The taste of the vapor at the low temp setting on the Vista is drastically better than the taste on the low temp setting on the Puffco Peak.

I have never experienced anything like what you describe from my peak.

Additionally, I own both a peak and a vista. They are not in the same ballpark for me in terms of performance. The vista just gets too hot, even on the lowest setting.

Hoosier,
Reactions: slcbdco

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I have never experienced anything like what you describe from my peak.

Additionally, I own both a peak and a vista. They are not in the same ballpark for me in terms of performance. The vista just gets too hot, even on the lowest setting.

Man. I wholeheartedly disagree about the low setting being too hot. The low setting on the Xvape Vista is akin to 10 o’ clock on the Vapexhale EVO dial. I like my dabs nice and low temp. I’d know if the Vista was not providing a low temp dab experience.

The Peak DEFINITELY reeks of ceramic. Two different units emit the exact same telltale smell. It’s not a noxious smell per se. But it is definitely very strong and definitely adulterates particularly the bright terpene notes in a DRASTIC, negative way. At all temp settings. I live in the bay. I dab sauce with diamonds all day every day. I have 35 different flavors of sauce sitting on my coffee table. I know what I am talking about. The Peak categorically does NOT provide good flavor. Anybody saying that is experiencing buyers remorse and is in denial. To say the Peak doesn’t smell when heated without any oil on it, is literally to deny your olfactory senses. It is not open to interpretation. Trust me. It smells like a damn ceramic hearth oven. Surprise surprise. It’s ceramic. There’s a good reason ceramic nails are sooooooo 2013. If you think the Peak tastes good, you’ve honestly never tasted your oil properly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom