someTooL

Just hit 100 count on the new v2. Have had for ~ a month now and have semi upgraded the top but have so far kept to the stock atty.

Having intermittent issues with the IOS app but overall connectivity can be established. Really like all of the customization available within the app. Metrics is pretty cool.

The v2 has pretty much replaced the proxy for at home use (out and about the proxy still gets plenty of use) due to the customization. Atty has stayed super clean too, even under.

biohacker

Just hit 1500 on the counter.... the 3DXL has completely changed the game! But it needs the stainless steel airflow insert from Kyle Wym on FB to get the proper density as the stock 3.85mm diameter downspout is absurdly too open. I have a longer one on its way, but the one for my reg v2 joystick/3d chamber works perfectly on the XL too.... I like 2.2-2.3mm. Best $10-15 you will ever spend on your Puffco if you have a joystick cap! Sold my regular 3d's! Those are micro dosing chambers lol. Also sold my Proxy as its completely redundant now.

Smknbud

Just hit 1500 on the counter.... the 3DXL has completely changed the game! Also sold my Proxy as its completely redundant now.
Agree about the 3DXL....and you mentioned this before in this thread about it but worthy of being repeated.

Will hang on to my Proxy for a bit, but I do have some buyers remorse especially for buying it after I got the 3DXL chamber. I reach for the Pro 90% time over the Proxy.

biohacker

Will hang on to my Proxy for a bit, but I do have some buyers remorse especially for buying it after I got the 3DXL chamber. I reach for the Pro 90% time over the Proxy.

I never used it... why would I at home? And it's really not all that portable with the glass pipe, i'd have to use the case and toss in my backpack anyway. The vape quality doesn't compare.

I can't believe this 3DXL.... it's so damn super efficient... i've cut my usage in half, and don't need to clean anymore lol. Absolute game changer, and legit rig experience now!

Pinehurst

Can anyone tell me if this means the chamber is defective or broken? This chamber is 300 dabs in, bought in August and its giving me errors. There is material around stained the 'seal' of the walls and floor, maybe theres a crack there? Anyway do y'alls chambers get stains like this?

Well apparently I don't know how to post a pic....

Last edited:
Pinehurst,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Well apparently I don't know how to post a pic....
is-yours-chamber-broken-v0-ohhn0cbvlyub1.jpg

Has your spinner worn thru the wall into the element?

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Pinehurst

Petetbay

Yeah and now I'm worried iso soaked q-tip in there while heating up on a consistent basis might have cracked it. These fuckers are fragile.
ISO on a hot 3D bowl is a no no, causes thermal shock to the glaze and cause cracking. I always wait until temp is below 120*F to use a ISO, there is a warning somewhere. The regular non-3D bowls don’t have the glaze and not susceptible to the thermal shock and ISO is ok on a hot bowl.

Petetbay,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The Puffco Connect App is now available in Australia:clap:
I managed to update the app and firmware(AG) but unfortunately, it has shown my unit has burnt-out LED lights, not just a firmware problem as I had hoped as this is a not-too-common fault that is usually fixed under warranty but my unit is well past that now.

Madtater

Ok ok ok.

So after seeing the concentrates for newbs thread and the bashing of the peak pro (and all puffco products actually) i started doing some research on the peak pro.

I literally just got into concentrates a couple weeks ago. My first concentrate purchase was the lookah straw. I grabbed it last year just in case i ever got into concentrates, but i NEVER used it, it is still in the box. So i grabbed the puffco plus 2 weeks ago. Have used it a handful of times, and my ONLY complaint is that it gets pretty hot after a sesh.

Fast forward to 2 days ago. I grabbed a peak pro. Charged it. First shesh blew my mind. What a great little device. First hit i did was at 500 degrees. Was a nice, large, cool cloud. Cleanup was MUCH easier than the plus with and very little waste.

Nothing is perfect right, because i am a pessimist (saved me more than a few times) i was wondering what the catch was. The app. The app is a bit quirky. I had some connectivity issues at first, but fixed those. I just think the app is poorly laid out and it COULD be better, but it is not that big of a deal for me.

All-in-all i really like this little device, and i am now already thinking about ways i could improve it via different glass and different joystick. I dont know if i will get the 3dxl bowl as i cannot seeing myself doing bigger sessions than i already am for the time being, but if there is another bonus besides dab size capacity to the 3dxl bowl, i may consider it.

Not sure why the haters are hating on this little device. Maybe it is the price? I honestly wasnt happy about the $450 price tag, but my mindset was “fuck it….ok”

Glad i grabbed one. I will probably use this more than any other device/setup i currently have.

**Edit**. Speaking of upgrades, what are people doing to this thing besides glass? Just curious what why and where i can get stuff. Glass is easy enough to find, but the other stuff is what i am curious about. And is there another bonus to the 3dxl bowl besides size capability?

Pinehurst

I wasted about $225 on chambers. I say wasted because I broke them through ignorance. I did hate Puffco because of that but I've since been educated on proper care and I'm board with you now Madtater, I love the thing! Clean often, don't overload and don't cause thermal shock and i think she'll treat ya good.

Sorry to hear you spend so much on a 510 battery though 😉 just razzin.

I'm glad to hear you're staying lifted friend 🤙

Smknbud

Ok ok ok.

So after seeing the concentrates for newbs thread and the bashing of the peak pro (and all puffco products actually) i started doing some research on the peak pro.

I literally just got into concentrates a couple weeks ago. My first concentrate purchase was the lookah straw. I grabbed it last year just in case i ever got into concentrates, but i NEVER used it, it is still in the box. So i grabbed the puffco plus 2 weeks ago. Have used it a handful of times, and my ONLY complaint is that it gets pretty hot after a sesh.

Fast forward to 2 days ago. I grabbed a peak pro. Charged it. First shesh blew my mind. What a great little device. First hit i did was at 500 degrees. Was a nice, large, cool cloud. Cleanup was MUCH easier than the plus with and very little waste.

Nothing is perfect right, because i am a pessimist (saved me more than a few times) i was wondering what the catch was. The app. The app is a bit quirky. I had some connectivity issues at first, but fixed those. I just think the app is poorly laid out and it COULD be better, but it is not that big of a deal for me.

All-in-all i really like this little device, and i am now already thinking about ways i could improve it via different glass and different joystick. I dont know if i will get the 3dxl bowl as i cannot seeing myself doing bigger sessions than i already am for the time being, but if there is another bonus besides dab size capacity to the 3dxl bowl, i may consider it.

Not sure why the haters are hating on this little device. Maybe it is the price? I honestly wasnt happy about the $450 price tag, but my mindset was “fuck it….ok”

Glad i grabbed one. I will probably use this more than any other device/setup i currently have.

**Edit**. Speaking of upgrades, what are people doing to this thing besides glass? Just curious what why and where i can get stuff. Glass is easy enough to find, but the other stuff is what i am curious about. And is there another bonus to the 3dxl bowl besides size capability?
Ignore the haters. The Peak Pro is a great device. I'm more of a micro dabber myself and have the 3DXL.....it's a game changer with this device. Read through this thread, I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Madtater

I wasted about $225 on chambers. I say wasted because I broke them through ignorance. I did hate Puffco because of that but I've since been educated on proper care and I'm board with you now Madtater, I love the thing! Clean often, don't overload and don't cause thermal shock and i think she'll treat ya good.

Sorry to hear you spend so much on a 510 battery though 😉 just razzin.

I'm glad to hear you're staying lifted friend 🤙
I read the issue with the thermal shock. Dry qtips only while the bowl is warm. No iso unless completely cool.

Whenever i get something like this, i always try to research what is bad about the device FIRST (pessimism again) just so i can get an idea if what i am in for. The thermal shock was one of the things i read about.

But thanks for the heads up!
Ignore the haters. The Peak Pro is a great device. I'm more of a micro dabber myself and have the 3DXL.....it's a game changer with this device. Read through this thread, I'm not the only one that feels this way.
that is what i do with anything. I like to make my own decision about things. Even in life i take very little stock in what one or two people say and come to my own conclusions.

I have only had it for a couple of days, but i have used it about 5 times and i really like it so far.

Issues always happen with stuff, especially electronics, so we will see how long it lasts. If i can get up to 3k sessions without issues, i will be very happy…but only time will tell.

Definitely gonna be using this for a while. I will make sure to look back in this thread for info on the 3dxl chamber. Thx for the heads up.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I read the issue with the thermal shock. Dry qtips only while the bowl is warm. No iso unless completely cool.

Whenever i get something like this, i always try to research what is bad about the device FIRST (pessimism again) just so i can get an idea if what i am in for. The thermal shock was one of the things i read about.

But thanks for the heads up!

that is what i do with anything. I like to make my own decision about things. Even in life i take very little stock in what one or two people say and come to my own conclusions.

I have only had it for a couple of days, but i have used it about 5 times and i really like it so far.

Issues always happen with stuff, especially electronics, so we will see how long it lasts. If i can get up to 3k sessions without issues, i will be very happy…but only time will tell.

Definitely gonna be using this for a while. I will make sure to look back in this thread for info on the 3dxl chamber. Thx for the heads up.
I think your 450$ model comes with the 3d chamber

Melting Pot,

Petetbay

It did. I believe they come standard now. It just isnt the 3dXL chamber.

My question was because i dont know if it is just bigger or if there was some other benefit you get from the XL chamber.
As long as you have the 3D chamber you’re good. There are settings just for the 3DXL chamber in the app, but I don’t really know what that does. I don’t get splash on the cap anymore with the 3DXL is big change and didn’t like the XL joystick cap with pearls, so I went back to the Oculus cap. I’d wait and read up on the 3DXL chamber to see if there’s really need for it. I have a 2 1/2 year old Pro and the older model doesn’t like the the new chamber mount as when I shake my Pro to move pearls through the chamber middle, it kicks out the session from chamber movement, never did that before and I think it’s down to the new chamber mount on the 3D chambers now. :2c:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
but if there is another bonus besides dab size capacity to the 3dxl bowl, i may consider it.
3DXL is supposed to stay much cleaner.
don't overload
Harder to do with the 3DXL from reports.
Dry qtips only while the bowl is warm. No iso unless completely cool.
First I use a dry q-tip then I wait until the temp drops under 90C before using a wet q-tip to finish clean-up.
As long as you have the 3D chamber you’re good.
Hmm, so the 3DXL is not worth the money even for those that like blobs over dabs?

LesPlenty,

Pinehurst

First I use a dry q-tip then I wait until the temp drops under 90C before using a wet q-tip to finish clean-up.

Hmm, so the 3DXL is not worth the money even for those that like blobs over dabs?
Lemme ask a dumb question.... how many cycles will you guys reheat a fat glob?

Pinehurst,

Petetbay

It came with the joystick cap which runs like $50 here was the reason I went for it, the updated app for new modes for the 3D chamber was big improvement. With the 3DXL I’m actually doing smaller dabs and getting just as wasted, I’m still not made up my mind on whether it was worth it. The Pro is a beast and I‘m convinced they’re using some kind of witchcraft with the 3D chamber.
Lemme ask a dumb question.... how many cycles will you guys reheat a fat glob?
I run a 2 minute session with 1 minute boost, usually that’s enough, sometimes a 2nd boost mainly with shatter, low temps 455-495*F and pretty big gobs, though they’re getting smaller after the last t-break.

Madtater

I grabbed the 3DXL chamber today. I had some rewards at a local store and got it for $35 off….so i couldnt pass it up.

The carb cap/stick is much bigger on the xl chamber. I am gonna try it tomorrow.

Also…i saw a video today (i think in this thread) where someone was demoing the peak pro with this “taco 8 fin terp pearl”. So i went on the website. It was $144 for 1 tiny ass weird looking pearl! Does that shit even work?

I was thinking about adding a ruby into the chamber, but my dabs are not big enough to probably make a difference. I cannot even imagine spending that kinda money on a tiny ass finned pearl. It seems like a scam….then again, i am still REALLY new to the dab game.

. With the 3DXL I’m actually doing smaller dabs and getting just as wasted, I’m still not made up my mind on whether it was worth it. The Pro is a beast and I‘m convinced they’re using some kind of witchcraft with the 3D chamber.

i read that the 3DXL has more coils and burns smaller dabs more efficiently. That is one of the reasons i grabbed it today. I do smaller dabs as my tolerance isnt there quite yet. And i will say, my first dab out of this thing was FANTASTIC! I felt way more blasted with the dab than i did with one put of the puffco plus.

Needless to say i am impressed to the point i didnt even question dropping $95 on the XL chamber.

Smknbud

I was thinking about adding a ruby into the chamber, but my dabs are not big enough to probably make a difference. I cannot even imagine spending that kinda money on a tiny ass finned pearl. It seems like a scam….then again, i am still REALLY new to the dab game.
The 3DXL chamber doesn't need any help. Pearls are not needed. Use the app for customizing it to your liking.

Top Bottom