LesPlenty

Company Rep
Anyone using pearls all the time in puffco devices without worry of charring?
Try using lower temps, I like 230C in my 3DXL in normal mode and 220C with max intensity and can sesh til no vapor and not get any charring (just sticky goo to q-tip). Max temp plus max intensity will cause char with my homemade rosin and I had to use a mini brass brush or the Pockety wire brush (can't remember now) as gently as possible to get it clean like new again...no scratches are visible from the ordeal.
If I was not in a hurry I may have used a few drops of SimpleGreen left soaking in the atty overnight and q-tipped and repeated until clean as SimpleGreen works well on charred bangers.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Gomaruana

btka

Try using lower temps, I like 230C in my 3DXL in normal mode and 220C with max intensity and can sesh til no vapor and not get any charring (just sticky goo to q-tip). Max temp plus max intensity will cause char with my homemade rosin and I had to use a mini brass brush or the Pockety wire brush (can't remember now) as gently as possible to get it clean like new again...no scratches are visible from the ordeal.
If I was not in a hurry I may have used a few drops of SimpleGreen left soaking in the atty overnight and q-tipped and repeated until clean as SimpleGreen works well on charred bangers.
Do you mean with homemade rosin flower rosin or hash rosin?

jasp3r

How do you guys clean the atomizer? I'm using home made rosin pressed at 80c and I would like to run a terp pearl but I'm scared of charring the atomizer further. I already tested a few times, the walls got charred and was able to clean it up after using a melamine sponge and cooking some destilled water in the atty. In the few weeks I have the pro I made some scratches on the wall from using a tool to scrape at the charring. Anyone using pearls all the time in puffco devices without worry of charring?
I Chaz my atomizer atleast once every two weeks.

I take a little dark crystal on a q tip and rub it in, but only once the chamber is warm to touch. You don’t want to shock room temp liquids into the chamber when hot or it could crack.

My cleaning routine roughly every 2 weeks of heavy heavy heavy use: 99% soak for chamber, then air dry. Use puffco tool or dark crystal q tip to get the rest of Chaz and bam, that’s how my 3dxl is looking new 3000 dabs in (where did time go!)

220c shouldn’t Chaz in theory but it may be product dependent. If I may ask, how long is the dab timer?

Are you stopping a bowl and finishing it later (reheat concentrate)?

Lighthanded

How do you guys clean the atomizer? I'm using home made rosin pressed at 80c and I would like to run a terp pearl but I'm scared of charring the atomizer further. I already tested a few times, the walls got charred and was able to clean it up after using a melamine sponge and cooking some destilled water in the atty. In the few weeks I have the pro I made some scratches on the wall from using a tool to scrape at the charring. Anyone using pearls all the time in puffco devices without worry of charring?
Stop using water in your atomizer. Only clean it with 91%+ ISO. I do ~10minute soaks in 99% iso once every few days and clean the rest of the device in that time. For heavy duty cleaning there are specific quartz cleaners like Dark Crystal glass cleaner that can be qtipped in to remove heavy chazz. Anything else will deteriorate the connections on the heater and shorten the lifespan of your atomizer.

What temps are you running your rosin on? stock chamber/3D/3DXL?

Gomaruana

Stop using water in your atomizer. Only clean it with 91%+ ISO. I do ~10minute soaks in 99% iso once every few days and clean the rest of the device in that time. For heavy duty cleaning there are specific quartz cleaners like Dark Crystal glass cleaner that can be qtipped in to remove heavy chazz. Anything else will deteriorate the connections on the heater and shorten the lifespan of your atomizer.

What temps are you running your rosin on? stock chamber/3D/3DXL?
I've been running pretty high temps and not the most high grade rosin. I'm going to be a bit more careful now, just got the 3dxl in.
I pressed some better rosin and now I can get it pretty clean with one qtip if I don't go too high in temperature.
Any idea what kind of product that dark crystal glass cleaner is? I'm in the EU

Gomaruana,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Any idea what kind of product that dark crystal glass cleaner is? I'm in the EU
Vapefiend seems pretty well priced but UK
Gets a lot more expensive in EU,
And ridiculously expensive for Aussies and the reason why I have not tried it,
So a cheaper alternative would be handy.

I also see Australian Vaporizers now has the Peak Pro back in stock so does not look like the Peak Pro has been caught up in the Aussie vape ban (only approved devices through approved dispensers) that kicked in fully this month...a shit show for sure...nanny country.:rolleyes:

LesPlenty,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Actually 710ml is 19,90£
Oh crap, I missed that, thanks for cleaning up @Momor!
So, about the same price everywhere...AUD$46 for a big bottle seems about right then...I might take the plunge next time I have a free Prime trial and try it even though it may mean I will use higher temps in my Pro more often if I know there is an easy fix for the high-temperature stains.
I am still amazed at the vapor output of the new-to-me 3DXL Puffco chamber. It is so easy to keep clean compared to the non-glazed OG atty I was using.
It swallows up normal-sized dabs with ease...3&4mm rubies for dab size ref,
1711021923595-jpg.52642

Madtater

Oh crap, I missed that, thanks for cleaning up @Momor!
So, about the same price everywhere...AUD$46 for a big bottle seems about right then...I might take the plunge next time I have a free Prime trial and try it even though it may mean I will use higher temps in my Pro more often if I know there is an easy fix for the high-temperature stains.
I am still amazed at the vapor output of the new-to-me 3DXL Puffco chamber. It is so easy to keep clean compared to the non-glazed OG atty I was using.
It swallows up normal-sized dabs with ease...3&4mm rubies for dab size ref,
1711021923595-jpg.52642
You should grab an occulas cap for $20. It is a game changer if using pearls.

Madtater,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
You should grab an occulas cap for $20
I had to look that up as I thought it was something new... isn't it just the bog standard cap that comes with the Peak Pro? (If not a link please)
If so, I prefer my Playstation controller cap over the occulus for sure as I am only trying to move the rosin around, not splash it all up the walls.:tup:

Madtater

I had to look that up as I thought it was something new... isn't it just the bog standard cap that comes with the Peak Pro? (If not a link please)
If so, I prefer my Playstation controller cap over the occulus for sure as I am only trying to move the rosin around, not splash it all up the walls.:tup:

My peak pro didnt come with it. Came with the standard JS. Even when i grabbed the 3dxl, it had the longer JS. I grabbed the oculus cap…nice not to have to move the JS around.

I am not a big fan of using the JS.

There is an aftermarket one that has a different spiral air path someone linked in this thread somewhere. I never grabbed it though

Petetbay

I was fan of the Oculus before the 3DXL atty, but it didn’t seem to work as good with the 3DXL. I picked up the JCVAP spinner cap and it worked ok.

I picked up the JCVAP turbo spinner cap from Vgoodies and it works even better in the 3DXL and I found I could use it in the Fusion atomizer and the only thing I found that can spin pearls in the Fusion.

Hey Les or anyone else want to comment, I picked up some Hash Rosin and how hot do you vape it, my usual low temps are to low and running at 530*F now, quite messy stuff, but quite potent?

The XL joystick I found ok, but annoying, I like hands free operation.

Petetbay,

biohacker

I'm still using my .09" diameter airflow inserts in my joystick cap and it's perfect.

@Petetbay don't the spinning pearls cause the oil to creep up the walls too much?

Never had an oculus cap from Puffco that I liked. Had to pull way too hard to spin and made a mess. With the 3dxl I just gave up it sucked so hard.

Intrigued by the JCVAP spinner cap, and their XXL chamber.

biohacker,

Petetbay

I'm still using my .09" diameter airflow inserts in my joystick cap and it's perfect.
Don’t know what that is.
@Petetbay don't the spinning pearls cause the oil to creep up the walls too much?
The walls are heated that’s where it’s suppose to go to produce those big clouds more surface area. Get very little reclaim on the walls so I don’t see a problem. Was worse when the normal atty the pearls splashed lots on the Oculus glass which isn’t a problem with the 3DXL now.
Never had an oculus cap from Puffco that I liked. Had to pull way too hard to spin and made a mess. With the 3dxl I just gave up it sucked so hard.
I modified mine cutting a 2nd slanted air port in the Oculus mount for more air flow and increased spinning action, but it didn’t work so good in 3DXL and went back to the normal Oculus with single air port, but there was not enough air flow, so I went with the spinning insert and turbo cap I’m using now.

biohacker

Don’t know what that is.

The stock cap diameter is massive, something like 3.65 or 3.85mm. Kyle Wym does battery replacements, he's on FB, and also makes stainless caps as well as little cylindrical inserts (previously I posted pics) that you pop into the stock cap and can custom whatever diameter you like. 2.2mm-2.3mm is the best performance if you like denser vape and zero need for pearls. They're only like $15 and the biggest game changer for the puffco outside of the glass (although the glass airhole size is vital too).

Posted about it here, maybe you forgot:

Do you have the jcvap xxl chamber too?

Also for temps, with xl intensity i'm at 450-480.... anything over 500 is way too hot with a proper tight setup. 450-500 is the sweet spot, just like torch dabbing on a gemstone.

biohacker,
Reactions: Petetbay

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hey Les or anyone else want to comment, I picked up some Hash Rosin and how hot do you vape it,
I vape my bubble hash rosin in my ball vape on top of buds, I only vape my low temp/pressure bud rosin in my Peak Pro 3DXl.
I like big blobs with long slow sessions @ 220-230c(428-446f) with low intensity until I get no more vapor, just a bit of dark goo to q-tip once the vapor stops.
Or smaller blobs, shortest time with the intensity on max at slightly lower (thanks to a tip here on FC) about 215C(419f) repeated until no more vapor or I am done...usually until no vapor as rule though.:ko:
edit to add this way I find nothing close to charring and an ease to keep clean.

Last edited:

Petetbay

Do you have the jcvap xxl chamber too?
No, Puffco 3DXL.
Also for temps, with xl intensity i'm at 450-480.... anything over 500 is way too hot with a proper tight setup. 450-500 is the sweet spot,
My normal temps are 450-490*F for most concentrates, I’m trying higher temps for this Hash Rosin, but maybe the PP is not the device this stuff.

Petetbay,

biohacker

My normal temps are 450-490*F for most concentrates, I’m trying higher temps for this Hash Rosin, but maybe the PP is not the device this stuff.

425F/218C and vapor control at XL.

Do you actually even get medicated at such a low temp? Tasty, but that's all it would be for me but perhaps you don't have my tolerance.

The Puffco 3DXL Chamber has lasted me two months, with less than 100 dabs and since the warranty is one month, in the trash, the internal cable has come loose, it makes me want to send all my Puffco devices to hell and start dabbing on glass, three cameras go in a year

I bought two when they came out and both have thousands of dabs on them each and look and work like brand new. I also clean them several times a week, sometimes every day. Not sure how you could have even pulled the pin out unless it was stuck with reclaim.

biohacker

All day err day!

I am around those temps depending what concentrate i am rocking. 460-480 is my range.l with the peak pro. Hits are sweet. Taste is fantastic.
that's my range as well, but 425 I simply wouldn't bother.... too much of a diet dab for this veteran lol

biohacker,
Top Bottom