Madtater

For a few bucks (US$3?), I use these, took a long time to arrive but worth the wait.:tup:
I have more than a few left over from my zeal. Was gonna try those if i felt like it.

But i think i am gonna just stick with plain xl for now.

I just got done setting up all my temp profiles for the XL….now the fun begins. Tweaking my temp settings.🥹

Curious…does everyone keep their XL on standard vapor control or does everyone use the full coil of the XL?

Madtater,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Gnome34

Is there any difference between the peak pro and the new peak pro?

Other than the "wavy" style of the body?

SquirrelMaster

It's that time of year again and deals have started on Puffco related things.

Puffco Black Friday deals https://www.puffco.com/pages/black-friday
ZeeVapor https://www.zeevapor.com/product-category/420-sale/

Glass artists are starting some direct sales on IG. Keep post/story notifications on and you may score something for a good price.

If you're in Canada (like myself) then so far the best deals for the new Peak Pro are at thejointcannabis.ca and canadianvaporizers.ca and bcextractsupply.com for the 3DXL. I expect to see some minor discounts as we get closer to Back Friday.

Is there any difference between the peak pro and the new peak pro?

Other than the "wavy" style of the body?
New Peak Pro advantages:
-3D chamber included
-2 new lighting profiles
-Dynamic inhale (lighting patterns speed up as you inhale)
-Silicone change in base (this affects aftermarket glass with some pieces not getting a good seal)
-Joystick vs oculus carb cap
-Updated glass
-Vibration intensity
-Under the hood tech upgrades

Between the Onyx and Peak Pro V1, I'm not sure if there are changes to the lighting. The Pearl has a translucent base (like the Guardian) with more visible RGB lighting.

The inclusion of the 3D chamber is worth it if you plan on getting one anyways. If you're thinking of the 3DXL then you need to weight that extra cost into either unit. The 3DXL is great if you take "larger" dabs, but not necessary (imo) if you only consume smaller amounts each time.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The 3DXL is great if you take "larger" dabs
I find my OG Pro cup handles the following size dab just fine but larger can creep up the walls.
I think I may eventually get the Pro2 & 3DXL to get the new glass and different atties as my non working LEDs are hardware, not firmware related (my wireless charging and Low Temp setting are both now working again thanks to the firmware update).
I did a Peak Temp Hit (340c/645f) session and went too far and left a visible stain or 2 that would not q-tip clean so I ran a normal low-med session and the stains got cleaned up with the rosin. See the pic just after, that atty has 2321 dabs on the counter,
1699933482632-jpg.50145

Last edited:

Smknbud

The inclusion of the 3D chamber is worth it if you plan on getting one anyways. If you're thinking of the 3DXL then you need to weight that extra cost into either unit. The 3DXL is great if you take "larger" dabs, but not necessary (imo) if you only consume smaller amounts each time.
I won't disagree with you but doing a small dab with the 3DXL and vapor control set to XL results in one massive beautiful killer hit with nothing left over is something I really enjoy. My Proxy collects dust....the two just don't compare, for me at least.

Madtater

I won't disagree with you but doing a small dab with the 3DXL and vapor control set to XL results in one massive beautiful killer hit with nothing left over is something I really enjoy. My Proxy collects dust....the two just don't compare, for me at least.
Yep. It was night and day compared to the regular 3d chamber. I was taking a good 3 pulls with the small 3d, and only one nice huge cool cloud with the xl.

I was actually quite surprised the difference. With it set to that……it is super scary😂

SquirrelMaster

I find my OG Pro cup handles the following size dab just fine but larger can creep up the walls.
I think I may eventually get the Pro2 & 3DXL to get the new glass and different atties as my non working LEDs are hardware, not firmware related (my wireless charging and Low Temp setting are both now working again thanks to the firmware update).
I did a Peak Temp Hit (340c/645f) session and went too far and left a visible stain or 2 that would not q-tip clean so I ran a normal low-med session and the stains got cleaned up with the rosin. See the pic just after, that atty has 2321 dabs on the counter,
1699933482632-jpg.50145
That's a good sized dab imo, but I can see it being ok if you're not pulling to hard. I forgot to mention that in my last post; you can rip in a 3DXL. Is your chamber a "3D"?
If I had that loaded up, I'd pick my 3DXL so I didn't have to hold back and there shouldn't be an spill over. In fact, halfway through writing this post I dabbed some purple lotus.
I fully expect the 3DXL to make its way into the next limited edition release. Who knows when that will be, so if anyone has a non-"3D" chamber, the 3DXL would be a phenomenal upgrade.

Holy hell, that temp would kill me! I'm typically in the lower 400's to low 500's depending on the dab size and how far into a session I am. I like starting low for flavor and quickly boosting if I want to really want or need to kill it. Depends on the strain, producer, dab size, etc.

I didn't spend much time with the stock glass, but it hit well. I prefer the aftermarket glass options in all honesty, and there is no shortage of it for Puffco devices. I get that some do not want to be attached to a Puffco specific piece of glass, but there is such a demand for Puffco related stuff, you can always resell if needed. I buy to collect and because I know Puffco will be around for a while. It's bad actually, I've caught a case of G.A.S.

Oh it's lovely for sure. If funds are not an issue, I highly recommend the 3DXL. My Proxys can all deliver massive hits, but the 3DXL can take 0.5g dabs easily. That's ridiculous, and fun to bust out if needed.

Yep. It was night and day compared to the regular 3d chamber. I was taking a good 3 pulls with the small 3d, and only one nice huge cool cloud with the xl.

I was actually quite surprised the difference. With it set to that……it is super scary😂
What temperature and what size roughly? If I have roughly a 3mm sphere of rosin, I see little benefit in the 3DXL except for splatter control. My sizing might be a little off there, but I notice a threshold with each concentrate where you need more hits to finish a bowl on the 3D compared to the same temp on a 3DXL. Once I get up there in sizing, oh yeah it can be surprising exhaling so much you can't see in front of yourself :lol:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
so if anyone has a non-"3D" chamber, the 3DXL would be a phenomenal upgrade.
OK, you made up my mind to get just the 3DXL next Friday!
Holy hell, that temp would kill me!
It knocked me around nicely, I usually sit on 230c-250c but wanted to try and char and see what sort of face slap it would give.
I prefer the aftermarket glass
I have a recycler and sphere top but was using the Peak Pro2 glass & 3D atty as an excuse for the upgrade...I usually end up with the stock glass as it fits the case and works well with easy cleaning.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I ordered a 3DXL in Oz for US$107 delivered and noticed the Peak Pro2 is only US$323 locally due to a BF deal...hard to pass as my unit's battery will only go to 98% no matter what charger I use (I have the battery optimizer set for 80% charge cut-off but that also stops early at 75%).
For Australian buyers,

SquirrelMaster

I ordered a 3DXL in Oz for US$107 delivered and noticed the Peak Pro2 is only US$323 locally due to a BF deal...hard to pass as my unit's battery will only go to 98% no matter what charger I use (I have the battery optimizer set for 80% charge cut-off but that also stops early at 75%).
For Australian buyers,
I just grabbed another 3DXL so both of my Pro's can be rocking them. They have a code for Black Friday that brings them down to $136CAD~ before taxes and there's free shipping above $100.

I'm still debating a Desert Pro. It's not as much of a light show as the Pearl or Guardian due to the non-translucent base, but I really like the looks. Puffco definitely makes the best looking e-rig.

Edit: If anyone is looking for a new top, or ball cap/bubble cap/ joystick, there is new stuff on Zeevapor.com, and most "older" stuff qualifies for 25% off. I also follow glass blowers on IG and few have said they're doing sales.

Last edited:

Madtater

For Australian buyers,
So i picked up the occulas cap for the 3dxl and a 6mm onyx ball.

You’re right…the terp pearl is wonderful on XL, and the occulas cap really gets that pearl spinning. I was actually a bit surprised how fast it spins.

Zeevapor.com

Omg…there is so much glass on that site. I am book marking that. Thank you!

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the 3DXL would be a phenomenal upgrade.
I just received my 3DXL (slow post after the sales) and installed the unit and was pleasantly surprised by the APP saying the 3DXL chamber was recognized and reminded that the intensity could be adjusted so I changed my low setting (230c/446f) that now has a vapor control slide bar and I set that to XL.
WOW! Huge rip using my recycler that gave the proper face slap followed by full body tingles almost like the first dab experience feeling again! I got another 2x whispy puffs then found the easy clean-up benefit of the shiny glazed finish on the 3DXL.
Now I know I should have got a second unit for my OG and the standard 3D atty for more session-type use.
The joystick cap is also much better to use than the old ball cap, it just pops off/on so much more easily...nice.

Easywider

Simple is the way
I just received my 3DXL (slow post after the sales) and installed the unit and was pleasantly surprised by the APP saying the 3DXL chamber was recognized and reminded that the intensity could be adjusted so I changed my low setting (230c/446f) that now has a vapor control slide bar and I set that to XL.
WOW! Huge rip using my recycler that gave the proper face slap followed by full body tingles almost like the first dab experience feeling again!

Those low temp 1 hitters on the XL are like a little slice of heaven! :mmmm:

BubbleDrop

My Puffco Peak stopped charging, while I had not charged it for several months.
A friend disassembled the device and after checking the batteries, he found that one was dead and the pack would need to be replaced.

puffco-18350.jpg

Does anyone know where I could order those 18350s (from EU if possible) ?
I'd prefer the same pack, which would avoid soldering.

They have a few 18350s, but not sure which one to get and if they all have the same size.

Lighthanded

Lighthanded,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Petetbay

Anyone try these spinner glass caps in the 3dxl? Work good with the pearls?

Lighthanded

Anyone try these spinner glass caps in the 3dxl? Work good with the pearls?

Yeah i got one a few months ago and it fits snug in their silicone ball cap grommet. It works fine and spins pearls well with the standard 3D but 3DXL takes more effort to spin and feels more tight. The airflow through it is similar to the oculus.

Gomaruana

How do you guys clean the atomizer? I'm using home made rosin pressed at 80c and I would like to run a terp pearl but I'm scared of charring the atomizer further. I already tested a few times, the walls got charred and was able to clean it up after using a melamine sponge and cooking some destilled water in the atty. In the few weeks I have the pro I made some scratches on the wall from using a tool to scrape at the charring. Anyone using pearls all the time in puffco devices without worry of charring?

Gomaruana,
Top Bottom