PT Glass vapcap powered sets and OG products

tgvp

I don't get it, how a glass tip is supposed to work? No click?

tgvp,

tgvp

I didn't write it right, I wanted to say without the clicking tip, how do you know it's hot enough?

tgvp,

GratefulDread

Yeah so many options. Can you mention your favorites for different uses? I'm personally interested in whichever works best with a rig.

GratefulDread,
Reactions: BlazeDis

tgvp

You can add a DV cap or use a glass cap. There are lots of torch vapes without an indicator. Pretty easy to get the hang of it.
So what, without a clicking cap, you figure out after many tries a timing that works, hot enough but not combusting and stick to it?

tgvp,
Reactions: cosimo

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
So what, without a clicking cap, you figure out after many tries a timing that works, hot enough but not combusting and stick to it?
Usually the manufacturer of the non-clicking vapes give instructions including a general heating time and ways to tell when it’s ready.

Monk Debate,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yep, just like Monk said, you typically get instructions or you can find tips on FC. I usually count when I am first getting to know a vape. Also you can heat a bit, hit it, heat a bit more... And so on. It's really easy to get these things dialed in. All glass vapes have the advantage that you can also see your herb.

tgvp

Ok, I got curious about those glass tips, it's not as if I already had too much accessories 🤔
I always believed that the soul of the DV was the clicking cap... If you change one part of your DV, it's still a DV. If you change another part, it remains a DV, but once you switched the cap, the tip, the screen and the stem, is there still a DV soul in it? Might better take another toke while I do stoner philosophy

tgvp,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Ok, I got curious about those glass tips, it's not as if I already had too much accessories 🤔
I always believed that the soul of the DV was the clicking cap... If you change one part of your DV, it's still a DV. If you change another part, it remains a DV, but once you switched the cap, the tip, the screen and the stem, is there still a DV soul in it? Might better take another toke while I do stoner philosophy
In the case of using the all glass Dynavap with even the glass cap, not a single piece was created by Dynavap, yet they were all created for use with the Dynavap system, and sold as being for Dynavap. And I think the key point here is that each piece CAN be used with official Dynavap parts, which to me makes it a Vapcap, just not an official one. At any time I could choose to use a DV cap with the glass tip, or put the glass tip on my Hydravong or M stem, or put the glass caps on my Ti tips, or put a tip on the glass cooling stem.

Last edited:
Monk Debate,
Reactions: tinctorus

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Yeah so many options. Can you mention your favorites for different uses? I'm personally interested in whichever works best with a rig.
I have a rocket with a 14mm native end, that would be my rec if you are looking for a piece for a rig
My favorite stem of them is the glass with the metal spiral, I love using that with my Stunner

tinctorus,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Got my all glass Dynavap in today. I also happened to get the new beta quartz caps for Dynavaps from TRWW so I couldn’t resist making a truly all glass Dynavap.

i1452c.jpg

a77781.jpg

But first I did try it with a standard cap. I had to pull the cap up a bit because my first hit was way too restricted. Even with the cap pulled back, draw restriction was tight, but manageable. Taste was decent, definitely better than any metal Vapcap I’ve used, but nowhere near the flavor of my most flavorful vapes. Hits were solid, ABV was nice and dark, no complaints.

The quartz cap was even better. Much less airflow restriction, super thick hits, this made for a great microdoser. And it was so cool to see the herb in the bowl all the way through. However this got very hot to the touch, I may need to torch less next time.

Disappointingly, the PT tip does not fit on any standard 8mm Dynavap stem I had. The o-rings are thicker and maybe if I swapped them for the standard Dynavap tip o-rings it might fit, but honestly swapping o-rings is tedious and I was not about to get into that. Similarly, no regular Dynavap tips fit the stem. So this is really designed more as a complete unit than something modular.

The glass itself is thick and clear and looks well crafted, no complaints there. I have a v1 Glass Charlie Dynavap stem and it’s way thinner and with fewer cooling spikes. And I could tell that the PT cooling stem was more effective, the vapor never got too hot or harsh, even after back to back bowls.

If you are a big Dynavap fan, this is a cool addition to the collection. I’d certainly choose this for native hits over any of my other Vapcaps. Just know that it’s not easily modular with the other Dynavap parts you already have.

Last edited:

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Got my all glass Dynavap in today. I also happened to get the new beta quartz caps for Dynavaps from TRWW so I couldn’t resist making a truly all glass Dynavap.

i1452c.jpg

a77781.jpg

But first I did try it with a standard cap. I had to pull the cap up a bit because my first hit was way too restricted. Even with the cap pulled back, draw restriction was tight, but manageable. Taste was decent, definitely better than any metal Vapcap I’ve used, but nowhere near the flavor of my most flavorful vapes. Hits were solid, ABV was nice and dark, no complaints.

The quartz cap was even better. Much less airflow restriction, super thick hits, this made for a great microdoser. And it was so cool to see the herb in the bowl all the way through. However this got very hot to the touch, I may need to torch less next time.

Disappointingly, the PT tip does not fit on any standard 8mm Dynavap stem I had. The o-rings are thicker and maybe if I swapped them for the standard Dynavap tip o-rings it might fit, but honestly swapping o-rings is tedious and I was not about to get into that. Similarly, no regular Dynavap tips fit the stem. So this is really designed more as a complete unit than something modular.

The glass itself is thick and clear and looks well crafted, no complaints there. I have a v1 Glass Charlie Dynavap stem and it’s way thinner and with fewer cooling spikes. And I could tell that the PT cooling stem was more effective, the vapor never got too hot or harsh, even after back to back bowls.

If you are a big Dynavap fan, this is a cool addition to the collection. I’d certainly choose this for native hits over any of my other Vapcaps. Just know that it’s not easily modular with the other Dynavap parts you already have.
Hey glad you are enjoying it, the tips will fit the regular Dynavap stuff with an oring swap as you thought
The glass gives a much more convection heavy hit, I also carry a a "dyna rocket" on my site which is essentially like what you made, it's a glass tip built into the stem and uses a rocket heater, you can also use the vapcap but it shines with it's heater

tukatukera

Retailer
Sorry for the late response, these last ones @tinctorus posted are for 10mm/native use and the upcoming definitive line will all be water-pipe compatible yet meant for native use if that's your thing.

I'll keep you all posted on more developments soon. We're looking to simplify, perfect and also prove that the good ole glass vape has a lot to still show for itself in as being easy to access, good to bake all kinds of material and can be heat in a myriad of ways.

I'll try to upload some content here tomorrow.

Top Bottom