Preferred Method of Delivery

Preferred Method of Delivery

• Total voters

abbrev

I've been using the Volcano happily for many years and never considered anything else until recently. Direct draw inhalation seems to be generally at least as favored if not more than bag inhalation these days. I have read about some pros and cons and I will get a Direct Draw model in addition to my Volcano once I made up my mind which model is best for me.

I always have slight allergic reactions to the vapor that is why I'll try and find a direct draw model now with water filtration that delivers the ultimate smooth and clean vapor. Hoping that this may alleviate my asthma and allergies even more if the Vapor is clean of particles and humidified. I thought the bag vapor from the Cano always fulfilled these criteria but maybe even cleaner vapor can be had :)

So which method of inhalation do you guys prefer? Also do the advantages of water filtration (cooler and humid vapor with no particles) generally make up for the shortcoming of active ingredients being filtered out?

abbrev,

Pcpvapors

Direct draw for me, I've used bags and it just seemed like a novelty to me, wasn't satisfied but hey different tokes for different folks.

Pcpvapors,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Don't like whips or anything that is fully attached to a non movable unit. Just not a stationary kind of person. Haven't got a chance to test my vriptech wand yet, so that may change.

I just had the opportunity to use some oil on a nice ti nail as well. Which can be passed around the table. Along with the Omicron. Wireless.

I don't have a preference of bag or whip. Both methods work for me, I just prefer to have the option to change rooms on the fly or be able to share with guests. Bags also require no vaporizer experience to use them.

Ratm22,

vapirtoo

Take a look at the Aromed vaporizer from Germany.
Kind of expensive but very clean air path and water filtered.
A low cost alternative could be the Vapolution vaporizer,
all glass-- with an additional water filtration.
Check out the post, warm water hits, good info there.

vapirtoo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Direct draw from my walnut MFLB, using a long walnut stem. :)

Vicki,

skyline

Direct draw with water filtration is great. Since the vapor is cooler and moisture conditioned, you can hold more vapor in your lungs for a longer period of time, which negates any effect of losing actives to the water. You definitely feel the medicating effects in much fewer hits and more intensely than with bags. I don't think too many actives would be lost to water anyway, since most of the actives are not water-soluble. There will be some loss on the walls of the water chamber, although there is always the same kind of loss in bags too. It's easier to reclaim these actives with glass though, you just use Iso to clean your glass and make hash at the same time :)

skyline,

Ben Katz

I've never used a bag, so I can't say. But between direct draw vs the same but filtered, I'd have to choose just direct draw. Vapor bonging can be a bit of a hassle for me.

Ben Katz,

mwahle1

Direct draw with water filtration is very nice, but for me this is a treat not a common practice. I have to say direct draw.

mwahle1,
At home it's always Direct Draw with Water Filtration in my Verdamper.
The possible active ingredients being filtered out IMAO are completely negligible.;)

Havelock Vetenari,

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
Hitting a bong was always a nice ritual when I combusted everyday, and it is still a ritual vaporizing! Always loved it! My favourite thing about vaporbonging is the act of milking it with tasty vapor:p

Still like the other two but at home by myself (90% of the time) I bong it.

Titamius,

djonkoman

both direct draw and water filtration. I now have my bong for almost 2 months I think, after I got it I exclusively vaporbonged for a while but since a week or so I also sometimes choose directdraw again, it's a bit hotter(and so harsher), but it gives more flavor. so now I start off with direct draw, then when the taste diminishes I switch to water filtration.
only tried bag once, at cannabis bevrijdingsdag there was a guy walking around with a volcanobag offering random people hits. didn't like it as much as direct draw

djonkoman,
Reactions: vorrange

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Direct draw here too.

I never was much for bongs/bubblers during my combustion days because they could run through some bowls. But now with vapor, I prefer a bong so I can see the vapor build-up in the chamber, giving me an idea of how big of a hit I'm taking and/or if the wand is cooked.

Bags where kinda fun as they are portable and require little technique, but it never tasted the same or delivered as thick of a hit.

Also do the advantages of water filtration (cooler and humid vapor with no particles) generally make up for the shortcoming of active ingredients being filtered out?

YES!! From what I've seen on here, the Cano uses quite a bit of bud already, so moving to a direct draw vape will also allow you to be more efficient with your usage. You could take one or two hits and walk away for 15, see if your good.

As mentioned above, the biggest ingredient that I feel is lost is taste. So as djonkoman said, just take the first few hits without filtration.

May I ask which direct draw vape you chose?

Tweak,

AdmiralAlpacha

I prefer my vapor water filtered any day, except a party.

However I only like to use my glass when its super clean, and I am too lazy to clean it, so 90% of the time I direct draw without filtration.

AdmiralAlpacha,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I usually do direct draw from my LB, but when I do sessions, I bust out the piece.

Quetzalcoatl,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Outside I draw directly from my minivap. Inside, I use my volcano classic with two solid valve sets.

I have one bag reserved only for the first flavorful hit. I direct draw from it since I heat around 160°C to extract the best aroma possible, there is almost no vapor production.
The key to keep a really good clean taste with the volcano is to clean parts and change balloons at least twice a month. The pain with balloons is that they always keep a bit of the previous condensed vapors. So using only one balloon you can't experience the amazing first puffs taste.

Then I use my second bag for the milking part. I always water filter with a 8 arms bubbler. That really helps avoiding the irritations and ease on the breathing.

Roger D,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

List of "Preferred Method of Delivery" to choose from:
Bag
Direct Draw
Direct Draw with Water Filtration
In all honesty i don't feel like i can vote since i tend to adapt my inhalation method(s) depending on the load. I liked bags better in the begining but direct draw has its own advantages and water-conditioning as well. Usually i want to use my HA in "whip" style for self-grown material, or i'll just prefer to play it safe in order to avoid what might feel to be wasteful coughing otherwise...

:peace:

Egzoset,
Before I started vaporizing, I never used water filtration. Once I switched to over to primarily vaporizing, I instantly fell in love with glass. I now always use glass unless once in a blue if I am out and about with my MFLB. I love my LSV with glass and havnt used it any other way, my glass transfer wand remains new.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Usually start my trenches out with direct draw, and once the taste starts to go bad, I'll use just ice for a few hits, and then add water after.

Quetzalcoatl,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
[...] Also do the advantages of water filtration (cooler and humid vapor with no particles) generally make up for the shortcoming of active ingredients being filtered out?
Active ingredients are filtered out in negligible amounts. They're nonpolar. You lose more vapor to surface area of whips in my experience.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Agreed for active ingredient loss being minimum, do not agree on flavor loss being minimum!

SO direct draw, if some water filtration AT VERY LAW LEVELS, bags for parties, and dabs for personal & fast vaping during the day (too much time needed to reach the needed level with vaping) ;-) !

Top Bottom