Portable vape/accessories carrying cases

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Ok so when Im out and about, away from car or home strolling though the hills or town, my pockets are a mess and always full of gubbins, especially since Ive got e-cigs as well as a portable herbal vape to carry, on top of general pocket shite, and I always have to dump it all out and have a stock take and a reorganisation so I dont lose bits. Being a smoker this wasnt quite so bad; I had every thing I needed- papers, bud, tobacco and a little glass spoon pipe- all in one pouch, with a lighter rolling about alongside in my pocket.

I dont carry a bag (although I will happily fill up my girlfriends handbag given half the chance). Ive heard of man bags on mainland continental Europe supposedly, but they havent caught on here. And until they do, if I tried I reckon people would be curious as to what I had in it!! So its just my trouser pockets, and for most of the time in the cool (cold) Scottish climate, my jacket pockets too (I suppose in a hotter climate men need different options in the absence of extra jacket pocket space, and hence more man bags? :lol: ) (EDIT: If I was a genuine Scot and wore a kilt I could actually keep it all in my sporran ;) )

So Im a sucker for cases to hold my portable vape and accessories all nice and handy and try to bring a bit of order to my poor overburdened pockets, and love to find ultra portable solutions.

Heres a couple of mine;

VG- I got the Ryot case that the VG website sells. Its OK- well padded (probably more than the VG needs) and sturdily made. The main section holds the VG, and just about holds one of my small glass jars. The little zip pocket at the side holds the lighter and 30mm 2 piece grinder, and theres some hemp wick in there too. But fully loaded with that its pretty bulky, and only fits in my inside jacket pocket, so not the most portable solution. With the hemp wick as well as the lighter, and full capacity jar, this kit could keep me blowing clouds for a couple of days- so it has to score quite high- theres a lot of potential vapor contained in a fairly small kit. :ko: :2c:
dscf0251y.jpg

IO- Again this is a Ryot case, but the deeper, semi rigid one. I wanted to upgrade from the supplied Iolite case which doesnt really seem to do a lot. This can hold an Iolite, 30mm 4 piece grinder (I prefer the 4 piece here as you can suck it up into the IO herb chamber off the screen), stems, spares and screens in the little pocket. Theres a removable zipper pocket for buds which could hold maybe an 8th, although it can get squashed if you squash the case too much. The other downside with this is that the inner material is some kind of fleece and so when you remove the IO stem/mouthpiece bits of fluff get stuck around the sticky threads. The fleece also tends to hold little bits of bud. Build quality is otherwise Ok-ish- stitching could be heavier duty (theres a carabiner on there that I tore off in a day), as could the zip IMO. Its also quite large and whilst it can fit into a jeans pocket, its a bit deep to do so comfortably and I dont want it there for hours. Ideally for the jacket pocket IMO. However, Im not sure how highly I regard this option- whilst portable, and carrying a fair amount of buds, its limited by the fill of the Iolite fuel tank, and so I could only vape a bit of the bud without finding/carrying more butane.
dscf0249k.jpg

MFLB- They didn't provide a tin back when I got my MFLB, and so I got the Burton 420 case and removed the inside, cut some high density fom to fit the MFLB and a battery in one half, and glued into place. It holds MFLB, 4 batteries (2 in the case, one in what was the lighter pocket), the brush, the long stem and a C-cell battery stash pot. This does the job- 4 batteries will get me at least 8 trenches, and more if desperate, and the 'battery' stash pot holds much more than that ground up. However, if I was making this again I wouldnt bother with the Burton 420 case- its overpriced IMO, surely just on account of the '420' association :mad: - at the time I convinced myself that I wanted the lighter pocket to hold an extra battery. Not worth it though- next time Id mod a cheaper digital camera case with some foam in a similar way. Although I will say that the zipper on this is super heavy duty- not like an earlier Burton420 case Ive seen- and heavier than most camera cases (although I don't think it needs to be that heavy really). The outer material is also pretty tough looking canvas type stuff. The best bit about this kit is that it fits easily in nearly any pocket (except your johnny pocket :p ). The size coupled with fair vapor volume potential makes this for me my most versatile travel kit, and the one that I take out with me even if I dont expect to be vaping (just in case of a traffic jam, road closure or extreme boredom type situation.)
dscf0238b.jpg

So I'd love to hear what have you guys come up with for your portable pocket travel kits/cases?
:peace:

WatTyler,

weedemon

enthusiast
those are pretty great man! i love the mflb one :)

I also like how well you are using the space in the VG setup. good work!

I just cap the battery and put it in backwards with a broccoli elastic band to keep the vape shut and carry in my pocket. I like your solution better though. my way i only get one trench before i need to get a refill.

weedemon,

Nycdeisel

I like your LB kit, I have thought of something similar to that, with all of the funky cool cases and pouches I see at my LHS every time I am there.

I have my MFLB, long stem, and battery case in a small Tightvac container, but its kind of bulky, and not so stealth, but holds smell in really well. I need to upgrade to something like yours!

Nycdeisel,

GreenLeaf

I like your LB kit.

I just keep mine in the box it came with.

Your wooden VG looks sweet too. :)

When I was into smoking I would keep dugouts with a lighter in leather pouches I had and I did this with a small metal bowl back when you could only get pipes made out of wood, metal, or stone and glass wasn't around.

GreenLeaf,

djonkoman

I use almost the same setup for my VG, but I don't keep a container with weed in it too(if I have baggies I do put them in with the VG, but if I have a film cannister, wich I use for own harvest, I just put it loose on my jacket inside pocket, together with my grinder)
I also use the pocket on the side for the lighter, but I use a torch
and I also have the same VG(yours is walnut too I think? ), only my ryot case is black :p
I can put the ryot in my pantspocket but it's uncomfortable, the only pocket that holds it well is the inside pocket of my jacket

djonkoman,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Ahh really like that MFLB Case, I have this problem, where to put all my shit to tote on the go. I have hella bags, backpacks, dry storage boxes for hunting and outdoors type stuff. I like to have my stuff in a bag/box/container of some sort, I like to know that I can go grab my what the hell ever and all my needs for what ever the situation is are within the pouch/bag/what the hell ever! I am at a loss for something like this, I have just gotten a small hemp bag with a draw string to tote all my goodies, I dont just vape, I burn and have all that I add to my sak as well as pharmaceuticals, my tote'n bag is stuffed, I need order and need a case!

Ed's TnT,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Ed's TnT said:
... I am at a loss for something like this, I have just gotten a small hemp bag with a draw string to tote all my goodies, I dont just vape, I burn and have all that I add to my sak as well as pharmaceuticals, my tote'n bag is stuffed, I need order and need a case!

Ed, you could craft a nice one! I have been thinking about a nice small wooden box for mine but lack the skills and know how. Back when I was I smoker of joints I used to have a beautiful little purpose built wooden kit box to contain my 30mm grinder, papers and roach card, and to hold the paper still in the wind when outside. Well I say it was beautiful- the wood veneer on top was at least- it's amboyna. I got a carpenter friend to make it for me, but it's not the finest finish and the hinges are really chunky (obviously just what he could find laying around the workshop) and would get caught in my pocket, so I didn't really use it as much as I should have after his efforts
dscf0253j.jpg
dscf0254u.jpg

But I do miss it and have often thought that I'd like something similar, but designed around the LB. I'm thinking a solid block of nice wood, about 5" x 3" x 1.5", cut in half lengthways down the middle to create 2 halves. Hinge them together (internal hinges!) and router out shapes in each half to fit the LB, batteries, and a supply jar of ground goodies, and stick a nice clasp on it. As illustrated by the latest in the long line of dodgy internet forum illustrations below. Who needs autoCAD when you can paint?
Box open:
lbwoodblock.png

I need autoCAD is the answer :lol: - since I just drew it I've noticed that it's all outta scale (LB and batts)! And doh! I've forgotten the cleaning brush! And excuse the green wood :lol: You get the idea though. It'd be a nice pocket size, got enough capacity to see you right for a few hours, and it'd be really pretty wood as well.

But then I know nothing about the art of woodworking and don't know if it is really possible/practical to use wood like this- aren't boxes are normally 'made' as a box construction, with joints and stuff for strength?- and so it might split and break. Or maybe be too heavy? It seems to me though that the alternative of making it out of individual component parts like a traditional box would be pretty fiddly and time consuming to make all the bits fit snugly, which is why I have in my head a solid wood construction. If I had the access to tools I'd give it a crack anyway- but I'd imagine that it'd come out looking like some chisel scarred butchers block rather than the natural, tactile, grained lump of beauty that I have in my minds eye :/

Maybe if the batteries were in the plastic 4piece case, rather than individual, it would be easier......? Have to say though I like having the distinct seperate place for the current battery (hate loosing track of which battery has vaped what) and so I'd have to turn mine into a 5 battery kit then :rolleyes: :lol: .

So d'you reckon this is possible with wood Ed? Any plans for production? :brow:

WatTyler,

VapeOnline.com

Retailer
One thing is for certain WAT, I love the artwork!
Being from a woodworking background your idea wouldn't be very difficult, it would be great as a case to throw in a backpack or somthing, but i think it might end up being too long and or heavy to comfortably carry around in your pocket. If you made it from light pine the weight wouldn't be too bad, but you would lose alot of strength and the longevity is questionable compared to a hardwood. but they're heavy
I don't have paint at the moment but how about something from pine the size of a pack of cigarettes, the lb in the middle with a battery on either side, and behind the lb and 2 batteries make a little space for your stuff, should be about the size of a pack of smokes. give or take...

VapeOnline.com,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wat, I feel you! I too like the wooden box idea, I like it alot, its just the fact of putting that together. It would take quite a bit of work to make that happen just in machines as well as tooling. I have seen a company that put something together like this for a wooden rolling tray, they were out of England. I think they went out a business though. I have thought many times on how to make that happen for a rolling tray or what have you herb tray, for all your needs. I think that would be a great product, it just takes time to create. I know there are router templates out there that achieve the pockets and such that would hold the LB, batteries and other goodies. You could make your own template of course to make the box you wanted, route the top and bottom and then put the thing together and then shape it. You could felt line the inside of the box and it would be sweet, it just takes time.

Ed's TnT,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Ed's TnT said:
I have seen a company that put something together like this for a wooden rolling tray, they were out of England. I think they went out a business though. I have thought many times on how to make that happen for a rolling tray or what have you herb tray, for all your needs. I think that would be a great product, it just takes time to create.

A pity it's not easy just to knock one up, and I guess the time means that it's difficult to make economically viable... which I guess what maybe happened to the guys making trays you mention. Was it 'Wolf Productions' ? http://www.wellcoolstuff.com/Mercha...Y&Store_Code=1&Category_Code=wolf-productions They made some really sweet boxes in concept, but the finish wasn't always right. I had their smallest T1 model but broke it, and then got the 50 T4 delux hardwood, but I had to send the first back as the lid had a split in it. The replacement was better, but the kief screen was really loose and useless. The wood is fairly plain too. I expected more for that kinda money. For portable kit I also had the canvass R2 rolling kit (to replace my amboyna box pictured in post above- I felt terrible everytime my carpenter pal saw my using it instead of his!) which is a really useful tool for a joint smoker- I give it my full recommendations.

Didn't know that they'd gone outta business though. A shame- they could've diversified into the vapes box market!

WatTyler,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
That is exactly who I was speakn of, I have tried to email these guys and call these guys and have gotten nothing, they may be in business, but they arent answering either of those! They do nice work, what I have seen on the web.

Ed's TnT,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
You can still buy those boxes in smoke shops - we have a few of various sizes purchased within the last 6 months at our house. A couple have been broken by wear and tear and the wood isn't anywhere near as nice as any that you use Ed, but they are definitely pretty nifty and a handy accessory to have about - more useful for joint rolling though I'd imagine.

wilf789,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I am an all around kinda guy, I might just twist one up on a tangent, I used to be pretty good at it. I want almost exactly like a Styrofoam plate that has the 3 sections in it, the one large and two small both the same size. I would really like something like that with a bad ass slide on locking type lid. I like to get a small bud and let it sit near by in my hazemaker box, have it on the side and be working on a small nug I got out also. I like to have the ground pile to work with and the nug on the side to go when needed. I may also have my dugout near by, use this for breaking bud for loading in my digger. Hell I may have my trusty old pipe out and wanna heavy hitter to start my day. I have thought long and hard on how to make something like I want, make it functional, nice, and yet able to make in a timely manner. I think I just have my hands in too much at this moment to do anything other than ponder the idea.

I will look into wolf again more soon!

Ed's TnT,

upriver

combustion-free
I use a Burton 420 for the MFLB too, and agree its not perfect enough to warrant the price. I removed the foam entirely, and squeeze the tiny grinder and the "abv" container (which i use for fresh herb). It works well, but maybe not $25 well. Pretty nifty though.

upriver,

Nycdeisel

seems like a nice case, But I agree, there are many similar cases in my lhs that would be much cheaper.

Nycdeisel,

MG23

Relaxin'
Thanks for the idea SmokingElectricity, I ordered one of the airform cases yesterday.

MG23,
Top Bottom