PLS HELP FC- I have a friend with lung cancer & wants to medicate-

dorkus_molorkus

Hi fellow FC'ers,
as the title suggests, I have a friend with terminal lung cancer, he is an old pothead, so when I asked him if he had explored the benefits of medical cannabis? he was intriged

As I told him what little I personally new, his face lit up with...... I dont know....... hope ??
The opiates and the associated side effects are knocking the stuffing out of him, then theres still pain despite the opiates, nausea, no appetite, insomnia.

He said he had some cookies but they were too strong and basically fucked him up just as much as the opiates
did.

I was thinking a green dragon tincture, but IDK.

I mean he wants to address the issues due to his illness firstly, but I also go the impression he was looking forward to getting bit of a buzz on.(nothing too full on, just like the old days I guess) I guess he doesnt have too much to look forward to.

I really want to help this guy, is there anyone that can help with some advice please?

dorkus_molorkus,

turtles

this may sound silly, but try before you give him stuff so you can actually dose it out

turtles,

dorkus_molorkus

not sure yet. I am trying to hook up with him with out his nurse girlfriend around so we can find out.
I havent even put it to him yet that its a possiblility. Meaning he discounted vaping when I mentioned it to him, because of his condition. but the more I think about it, the more I want him just to have a tiny puff on a vape & see how he goes.

dorkus_molorkus,

dorkus_molorkus

I reckon one tiny little cough & it will be all over. i mean the man has lung cancer and had never even heard of vaping before last night & as yet has not even seen one.

I need to approach this avenue with caution, I am actually going over there tonight, so i will chuck it out there & see.

TBH, I dont know him very well, so I need to tread carefully. i dont want anyone to think I am practising any kind of medicine, voodoo or pushing an agenda either.

I think a tincture is going to be the way to go, but Im not sure.

hopefully an experienced MMj user with a similar condition or maybe knows someone with a similar condition will pop by.
It would be fantastic if I could get some info along the lines of ''this is how other patients with lung cancer use their MMJ to allieviate their symptoms'' sort of thing

EDIT- I went over there and he was on the end of a bad day, laying on the couch and not very well.
I showed him the vape & well it pretty well ended the conversation there & then.

fair enough too, If I had lung cancer I reckon I wouldnt be too interested either.

Basically, it ended with I will email your GF some info about a medical cannabis trial operating in a legal grey zone at the moment, thats not far from here.

so hopefully he will look into that.

dorkus_molorkus,

SD_haze

Dont give him an alcohol tincture though, thats not great for the throat (altho its lung cancer so *shrug*)

sounds like normal edibles or oil pills would be best.
just because he had "too strong cookies" doesnt mean edibles arent the answer...thats all a tincture is really.

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

I agree, alcohol is no good for cancer and is not good for relatively healthy bodies either!

Edibles would be the best bet if he can eat things like cookies or something with canna butter or oil.

I wouldnt completely eliminate vaping yet, but I would be very careful.

vaping could very well irritate his throat/lungs, but edibles could only help him to heal in my eyes.

best of luck to your friend, hope he finds a safe and comforting way to medicate without all of the opiates.

Nycdeisel,

dorkus_molorkus

thankyou all for the info.
he just took one look at the vape & basically went- nup, no way. which I found a pity, in fact he swore I was combusting & then he really shut down.

I made the mistake of saying there was no smell from the vape (DOH-what was I thinking??)
Cause he called bullshit on that straight away.

I dunno, he really didnt seem to keen. I just saw this sick bloke who was telling me about his side effects and I wanted to help & share a little bit of the info I have read here & there.
I guess his original enthusiasm last night was possibly him just being polite, or him not being very enthused and not very polite today was the illness/opiates talking.

Anyway, I think I will just forward the info on the local MMJ trial happening to him & let him digest it at his own pace.

cheers
dorkus

dorkus_molorkus,

djonkoman

you could make oil, dilute it with hemp oil and then experiment hw many drops beneath the tongue gives the desired efect(I've seen this mthod of ingesting weed for medical benefts a lot on a dutch forum I'm on)

djonkoman,

lwien

Keep in mind that if he has terminal lung cancer, there is also the possibility that the cancer has spread to other areas of his body, such as the liver, and if this is the case, who knows what edibles would do.

Regarding his trepidation to vaping, I think it is totally understandable. If I had lung cancer and experienced the excruciating pain that coughing can exhibit, I too would be VERY reluctant to inhale anything.

The disease needs to go away forever and it also raises the ever present question of making euthanasia legal. No one should have to suffer if they choose not to. What's ironic about that is that it would seem that the medical community should embrace this for their job should be not only the saving of life but to increase the quality of life as well, and..........the religions should embrace this as well, as one of their primary doctrines is to help eliminate mans sufferings.

As we get older, many of us will lose some of the dignities that we took for granted when we were younger. The last HUGE indignation is not being able to choose the time of ending ones suffering if one desires to do so, but rather be forced to go through all this suffering to the bitter end.

While your acquaintance may not, at this time or ever, desire to end his life, he damn well should have the choice to do so if he wishes.

Your heart's in the right place dorkus.

lwien,

Nosferatu

Make coconut oil infused with cannabis, its very easy and healthy. All you need is a stove or crockpot, weed(or ABV, maybe less THC would be better for him), and organic extra virgin coconut oil. But the real deal would be making hemp oil like Rick Simpson shows, maybe it really does help with cancer, maybe it will just ease the pain, either way though.

Nosferatu,
Oral consumption would be his best bet, and avoid combustion (of course).

But an e-cig loaded with glycerin hash tincture (or a low-temp table vaporizer) can help to deliver cannabinoids directly to the effected area, for treatment.

BadKittySmiles,

SD_haze

Keep in mind that if he has terminal lung cancer, there is also the possibility that the cancer has spread to other areas of his body, such as the liver, and if this is the case, who knows what edibles would do.

this is a good point, but considering the terminal diagnosis it might be worth trying a low dose to see if it makes him feel more comfortable, and if so, well then thats up to him :2c:

SD_haze,

lwien

SD_haze said:

this is a good point, but considering the terminal diagnosis it might be worth trying a low dose to see if it makes him feel more comfortable, and if so, well then thats up to him :2c:

Yeah, I guess, but it could make things a lot worse. Don't know, but the last thing I'd want to do is make someones worse when attempting to try and make them better, for you could be second guessing yourself with guilt long after he has passed. Just a thought to keep in mind.

lwien,
You should always start out low and slow with any new medication.

However, versus other medications and treatments for cancer, cannabis is one of the most mild options, while at the same time, being one of the most beneficial and effective treatments against cancerous cell reproduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw96bvFR--g&feature=player_embedded

That cannabis regulates healthy cellular production, has been shown time and time again; it has entirely eliminated cancerous cells in many, various cases, and from various types of cancer.. they've discovered over the last 20 - 40 years that cancerous cells are likely, in fact, the only cells cannabis can kill.

The above linked video is a very brief montage of only a few news stories and studies, and one personal account showing a time-line, with photos, how concentrated cannabis oil completely cured a patients very serious skin cancer, after several surgeries and bouts with harsh medication, could not. His doctor prescribed him a form of topical chemotherapy, and after seeing what the cream did to the faces of other patients, as a last ditch effort he tried cannabis instead. :) He's very fortunate he did.

The only :( about it, is that the government, after performing their own tests years and years ago, has known of the anti-mutagenic/cancer properties, for just as long. They have a long-standing bad habit of ignoring the results, and turning a blind eye, when they are positive. For a time, researching into the positive benefits of cannabis was actually legally discouraged and frowned upon, allowing disinformation to flourish in its place, and all university and lab efforts to be put towards discovering potential negative effects... few, to none were conclusively (confirmed by other studies) found.
Even the worst aspect, the smoke itself, is considered to be less harmful than the smoke and vapor produced when cooking food. Many more non-smoking, short-order chefs, are found to have developed lung and other cancers by late in their lives, than those who regularly and intentionally inhale the smoke from cannabis.

Look up a wonderful lady named Granny Storm Crow, find her medical list, and you will find more evidence and studies, than you can possibly read in one sitting.

BadKittySmiles,

Nycdeisel

I never saw evidence that its safe to EAT butane hash oil, obviously a water/ice made hash would be most pure and clean and safe to eat. I cant even say that would be the best method for her or anyone.

Like others have cautioned, you cant know how one medication will affect a certain person. Going slow and cautiously would be your best bet.

Nycdeisel,

Qbit

cannabanana
dorkus_molorkus said:
He said he had some cookies but they were too strong and basically fucked him up just as much as the opiates
did.

With all due respect to your friend, he's making the same mistake in judging edibles that many people make - that they're too strong. The simple answer to that is that he had too much. And once you ingest a certain amount, you're locked in for several hours - not a nice experience if you overdo it, which can often scare people away from trying again.

You need to start low with edibles. Tell him to have a small tester dose and wait a good hour or two just to see how strong it is, and then increase the dose as appropriate. It can take a little while to get the feel for how to dose with edibles, but once you get into the groove of it it's a wonderful wave to ride.

Qbit,

lepstadder

seriously look in to using medicinal mushrooms, shiitake, lions mane and oyster have all shown positive results in healing cancer, so does maitake and rieshi

lepstadder,
Top Bottom