Votes: 1 7.1%
  • MFLB

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Lets do it this way...you have it down to the DBV, SSV, LSV, HA, Log Vape,...I place these behind 5 doors. Pick a door and that's the vape you buy. If you want to play the game, let me know before you make the choice so that I can send my list to another member to make it fair. :D

clouded vision

excellent plan tweek, all are quality units so it's really just a personal preference at this point. of course you will find flaws with any of them as there is no perfect vape for everyone or else FC would be a pretty boring place

Jeremy Driscoll

Lets do it this way...you have it down to the DBV, SSV, LSV, HA, Log Vape,...I place these behind 5 doors. Pick a door and that's the vape you buy. If you want to play the game, let me know before you make the choice so that I can send my list to another member to make it fair. :D

Actually DBV and SSV are already off the list. E-nano is the log in question. But here is the problem. For the first time this morning I heard about the Sublimator. This changes everything. So yes the list is back to four. In all honesty if I had heard and research the Sublimator earlier it would have made the list a lot sooner. From what I can tell. It is the first of it kind. If Subliming is better than vaping, and if this is the only one of it kind then doesn't that make it the best in the world and an easy decision to make?

The only problem is the controversy of it all. it is new and I can't feel justified in spending that much. At least not yet. Does anyone have one yet and can confirm in detail if it really is all it is hyped up as?

Or is it just a gimmic? Does it really Sublime as opposed to vaporize? If I did buy one how long is the waiting list to actually get one?

When I started reading about it it reminded me of Steve jobs introducing the Iphone. In the same way where it was a product that not only is the top of the line at the time it came out, but also would re---invent the industry standard forever. Which is why even if you don't get a Iphone androids and windows phone are all touchscreen based, application store based, ect. ect.

My question is is it really all that as advertised? Is the Sub going to do the same thing and re--invent the industry standardd? Are there any reviews on it? Does anyone have one yet?

Jeremy Driscoll,

Tweek

:worms:

Those of us who ordered should be getting them starting this week. So if you want to wait, keep your eye open for reviews. That being said, I still think you should go for a lower priced option for a first vape. Gives you an opportunity to get a feel for what you like/dislike without investing too much right out of the gate.

My first two vapes were the PD log & the MFLB portable. Both reasonably priced and still serve me well. Actually, the PD is serving a friend nicely now. :spliff:

Tweek,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Jeremy Driscoll

I told my friend about what I read about the Sub. And he said that if what the inventor is saying about it is true then. It is like comparing the finest versions of black and white tv, to the new never tested before, expensive and sounds to good to be true first ever Color TV. He said you can buy the tv, have it be the only one of it's kind, but because it is so new you have nothing in it's league to compare it to, and also because it's new you don't know the cons of it yet, what if it didn't get good reception compared to the tried and true and upgraded over time black and whites? What if some channels would shut off automatically? What if the volume came in scratchy compared to black and whites. Or what if everything worked perfectly until it is two weeks old and on 4 hours every day and the whole thing just shuts off won't turn back on and even though color is better than black and white your forced to go back to using black and white until the cons are fixed for color but also knowing that color is the new industry set standard................................But your afraid to buy it and try it until all the bugs are worked out.

So yes I will wait until the reviews come in tweek. On one hand I am upset because thanks to the HYPE of the SuB and I do not know if I can make a decision out of three, now it is out of 4 again.

And if the SuB is not all it is cracked up to be and isn't a new industry standard then I put off making my decision for no good reason at all.

On the other hand I am excited. I hope truly that when the reviews come in that the SuB truly does out perform anything else because it is subing and not Vaping. Because with the sub being the first of it's kind that truly makes my decision an easy one. I'll have no choice but to buy the sub simply because subing is overall supposed to be better than any vaping of any kind, just like color compared to black and white no matter how great black and white is and by the FAULT my decision will have to pick SuBy instead of anything else simply because it would be the only of it's superior kind.

So please let me know when the first review is out. I can't wait. Until then I will be comparing the E-nano vs LSV vs HA pros and cons and when compared to each other. And yes everyone is invited to keep chiming in. Because after all I need to drop a few from the list till I get to #1.

Jeremy Driscoll,

Jeremy Driscoll

But please for the love of zuess if there is another contender that is good enough to be added to the list let me know now, might as well get it over with.

Obviously a contender that I have never heard of and that has not been mentioned in this thread ever before. Other than that. I have some heavy comparing to do in the meantime.

Jeremy Driscoll,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm with Tweek that you should hold off on spending too much money for your first vape ... especially with very good cheaper options and they hold their value well (log vapes hold value quite well ...)

If you aren't going to hold-off spending a lot ... then I think you may have eliminated the MiniVAP prematurely as apart from a couple minor quirks and the fact that it is so expensive it meets your requirements quite well and from everything you've said would be a good option (but it's a lot of money ... probably better off starting with a log or a Solo or the LSV)

The Sublimator still is vaping I believe, but it does a little more with the reheating of the vapor through the atomizer (I'll have one hopefully by end of week :)) I'm not sure spending >$500 on relatively new technology is the best option for a first vape ...

P.S. I also dismissed log vapes initially but was wrong to do so ... the only reason I don't have one in my collection is I prefer to vape at least .15 per session and logs are all smaller capacity (usually optimal around 0.05g ... I had a CRZ--another log vape--for a while which I quite liked for taste and puffing on but just didn't get me medicated quickly enough)

JCat

Accessory Maker
I just wanted to add to my post above that maybe you should also take a better look at the Vapolution 2.0 based on sticks high praises for it. It would seem to be a contender for your needs ...

... and then you should just make a decision and go for it! (you've done your research now you just have to decide what's right for you right now ... it changes though ... even if you think it won't ...)

JCat,

Jeremy Driscoll

By the end of today no matter what, another one will be off the list. So wish luck to me everybody.

Unless I can be convinced that the LSV is as efficient with abv when compared to the E-nano. The LSV will be scratched off by midnight tonight. So far I have seen a FC thread. And on that thread. It was a comparisons of LSV effiency against E-nano and everyone seemed to pick E-nano winner.

Jeremy Driscoll,
Reactions: Enchantre

Jeremy Driscoll

I researched that one as well. Due to the negative comments I found on this link

"Uploaded on Oct 24, 2009
DON'T BUY UNTIL YOU CHECK THEIR WEBSITE. www.zephyrvaporizer.com apparently their customer service is completely bunk. I tried getting new bags and theirs nobody to contact. "

And then on this thread

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/z...s-herbaire-i-want-balloon-optional-vape.3095/

"A few things.

Zephyr is not currently shipping product as they have some issues with US customs to work out, so that leaves Zephyr out of the equation.

From those that have used the various bag-type vapes on the market, it seems to be a universal opinion that the HerbalAire is the most efficient out of all of them."

So the HA and Extreme Q and Zep were already compared, and the herbie one. These are only two examples of everything I researched. The general belief become that Zep was inferior in compared.

The Zeph was crossed off without any doubts or hesitation,....It was difficult to cross off the DBV,SSV, Cloud, Solo, but not the Zeph.

I feel kind sad. First the SSV crossed off from 7th company. Then the same companys DBV. And it looks like soon unless someone can advise to me that in their opinion the lsv is more efficient then the HA or E-nano it looks like soon the LSV will be next to be taken off. I feel really bad because I still think that based on my research that all 7th company products are very good quality and very efficient overall all, but when compared in the top three elimination round, this will be it for them.

you should check out the herbalizer thread...that will be out soon!!

From what I researched. It is going to be expensive. A waiting list. Not any reviews before the Sublimator reviews come out. And high quality manufactured. It seems that the sales pitch around this vaporizer is the focus on the advanced computer that is intelligent. And the temperature control. Other than the temperature control I don't see anything else exciting. I mean am I wrong? The main thing I am looking for in picking out a vaporizer is efficient extraction. And an easy way of getting that complete and total extraction with as little work possible is all the better. I'm not calling myself an idiot. But I want something idiot proof...Not through temperature guessing. I don't want to spend all day fiddling moving the temperature up and down trying to get the most extraction possible just because I know it's the best vaporizer in the world when it comes to temperature control. So if I'm not fiddlin with the temperature. I must not be using it to it's fullest potential. Also unless I'm wrong. Another great focus is the air path not going over the circuitry. But with the high price that just is not enough to make the list. A big reason why the plenty and volcano did not make the list is because of price. Ofcourse above price TOTAL EASY EXTRACTION is the biggest thing I care about.

I think one problem with the HA and E-nano are that they are not highly talked about as much as they should be.

The HA seems to be the only one of it kind, (total extraction from non grounding). But doesn't seem to have many people investing and trying it out. Even though the small few who do test and use one say great things about it and how it's the best. (Everyone has their favorite.).

The E-nano very wonderful. It is the best of it's kind that is currently out on the market right now, regarding log style vapes. The creator has great customer service as well does HA. Good warranty. And great reviews. I truly believe the E-nano deserves to be in the final two out of LSV HA and E-nano. However E-nano is the exception. No other log vape based on my research. Not even the UD would be on my list period.

So sadly LSV gone.

(after posting LSV gone I walk over to my girlfriend as she is checking on our mmj plants. She looks up at me and says with a sad look in her eyes as she knows the LSV is about to be scratched off on our chalkboard before her eyes and she says to me "did you do it"? I scratch off the LSV and drop the chalk. I look at the woman dead in the eyes with a serious look and can only say three words to answer her...................."it's been done".......... A moment of silence fills the room.) I answered her with the tone of voice Walter white used when he said your goddamn right after they. Said his name.

Current ranking.

(Plenty,cloud volcano, mini vape aren't used this list there all too expensive)

mflb beats all portables except solo

Zephyr beats the lb

Extrem Q beats Zephyr

Solo beats Extrem

Dbv beats solo but barely

ssv beats dbv

LSV beats ssv

HA and E-nano beat LSV just a little

And until reviews come. The Sublimator and Herbalizer tweek got are un reviewed and unrated.

Jeremy Driscoll,

Jeremy Driscoll

-The edit button gone.-hope admin don't mind the back to back post, hope not violating rules.-

Newest ranking based on research of peoples experiences.
Portables section.
MFLB beats all Pen vapes.
Solo beats every portable including MFLB and some desktops.

(as a general rule the best vaporizers are desktops. However that does not mean necessarily that there are not some portables that are not better than some desktops, for example the solo ranks above the vapolution 2.0)

The Extreme beats Vapolution 2.0.
The Solo (made by same maker as extreme) beats the Extreme Q.
The DBV beats the solo.
The SSV beats (same company as dbV) dbV
The LSV beats (same comany as ssv) SSV
The E-nano beats LSV.
The Herbalaire beats E-nano.
The Plenty beats (same company as volcano) Herbalaire.
The Vapexhale cloud beats plenty.
The Sumbliminator beats VapeXhale.

Mini Vape is too controversial starting in the high price of over 400 for a "Portable" vape. I tried researching but it gave me a headache, for the price I would be too busy comparing it to the Sublimator the plenty which is cheaper, the solo which is Waaaay cheaper. I recommend unless your rich to stay away from the device. And if you are rich to spend a little more and get the newest next big thing and that would be either the Sublimator or the Herbalizer made by nasa boys.
____________________________________________________________________________________

The Herbalizer made by nasa guys is far too unreviewed to be allowed to be rated, however. Based on researching alone. I estimate it is ranked above the Plenty.
____________________________________________________________________________________
The Volcano is the one Vaporizer that unless you can get a used one that still works for a cheap price. Do Not. I repeat. Do not. Ever buy. It is a well performer and nicely built that much is true however for the bag only option device that is outdated compared to the Sublimator and others I do not see it is worth the high cost. It is not worth that much money for bag only no matter how legendary great it is.
The log vape HI is currently on waiting list only and therefore can not fairly be perfectly reviewed.
However I would never rank it above the Herbalaire based on what I already have learned.

Conclusion: This ranking list is not perfect by any means, I have never used any of these products. But I did research. And this research is based off of other peoples experience. So in a way although it is not my first hand comparisons. It is other peoples and I feel a highly accurate estimation of these experiences.

This list was based on many concerns. The Biggest that organized the list are three concerns mostly.

First and most important concern was extraction efficiency.
Second and second most important is made to last never break efficiency.
Third and third most important is ease of use.
Lastly the least most important being cost.

The warranty seems to be great for several products and seemed to be equal in most cases..

I made my decision. And I bought my first Vaporizer. Can anyone guess which one I got?

(Tweek please don't tell anyone since I accidentally already spilled the beans to you don't give it away.)

Jeremy Driscoll,

Jeremy Driscoll

Are you sure about that? Remember I ranked cost as the least of my concerns. And I ranked at least three vaporizers....As beating the HA.

Before I give the results, any other guesses?

BTW I never plan on using bags. Whip is my primary.

Update even though it is not out yet.
Nimbus beats cloud (same company newest model but because same company automatically beats cloud)
Sublimator beats Nimbus. (By the fault as Nimbus is not out yet)

Jeremy Driscoll,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Frankly I don't see how the HA isn't the winner in all four of your criteria, but even if it isn't, it is easily the one that is the best combination of the points you were using. I really have no idea what you got, but if it isn't the HA then based on your own selection guidelines, I think you made a mistake.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Tweek

Jeremy Driscoll

Does anyone know where...... I can get a good fine screen to go on the HA and a good choice glass piece?

Yep that's right. However I was going to get the cloud but for the price the cloud was I couldn't live with myself getting the cloud instead of the sub adapt a bong for the same price just about.

So my next step was to get the sub, but realistically I could not live with myself getting the sub for that price knowing that most if not all devices have a next generation upgrade to go replace their predecessor. And because the Sublimator. Is a NEW first of its kind then it is almost guaranteed to have an upgrade come out in the near future. And the upgraded Sublimator would no doubt either cost the same if not more than the current first edition. Which would probably drive the price of the current one down to half as much...........Sooooooo. I will wait. And bide my time until the current sub is cheaper and replaced by a new version of itself and by that time who knows. There might be a new device by another company that is even better and maybe even cheaper. But while I am waiting I will be enjoying my HA for the time being.

Truth is I almost never spend money on something that is BRAND NEW not because of the price tag, but because usually most inventors work out the bugs and make upgraded models later on before they are completely finished inventing. And I refuse to have two versions of the same invention.

I'm not judging those who do not wait and spend money. I just have a different rule of thumb and that is to see what the best things are right now, and to wait to purchase them by any means if they are the first edition, and wait for the next and maybe also what could be the final version.

And in the meantime purchase the second best thing for a 1/3 if not less of the price until the next best thing is finalized. The only exception. To this rule. Is if the price is near the same as the second best thing already of if the difference is so profound that it justifys getting the first version of something, life if I could take a hit off the sub and be stoned for a year straight from one hit compared to the HA for the price differences.

This as well ruled the herbalizer from being purchased not to mention there are no reviews it seems because that is how new and unused yet it is.

Oh and I got the new unopened unused HA 2.2 with 2 year warranty and free shipping for 150.00 not bad as a temporary till the next sub or whatever comes out I think!!!! :D

But my REAL choice is the Sublimator. If I had to pick one to live with for the rest of my life I would have gotten it. Price or no price. However knowing it is new and will most likely statistically speaking have an offspring next generation come out since most great vapes seem to, I will wait. But make no mistake if I was planning on owning only one vape for life and couldn't wait for the next Sublimator to come out I would have bought the Sublimator in a heart beat even if it was double the asking price.

Jeremy Driscoll,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Just so you know, Jeremy, getting a great vape does not really stop this process.

I am currently enjoying my E-Nano. Does not for a moment stop my longing to also have a Herbalizer (when they are available), AND the new Nimbus, AND an Old City Vape (I think it's called - gosh, it's sexy), and my husband thinks the Sublimator looks radical...

Best bet is get one you really want. Just do it. You have great choices - grab the one your gut tells you to get. Expect to keep saving up for the next one...

Enchantre,

Jeremy Driscoll

Thanks. Old City Vapes? Aren't they the expensive wand types? I was also wondering. Why are they so expensive? Are they as efficient as other vaporizer devices? Like ones that cost just as much. Like the plenty or the vapexhale?

Jeremy Driscoll,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Yes, they are. I can definitely see an advantage to it, however, when using a glass piece. Plus, it's attractive.
I could not even offer an opinion on efficiency. I was just mentioning that there is Always Something New out there. :)

Enchantre,
Reactions: Tweek
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom