Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Dreamerr the voice of reason.

I have a few vapes that I use, in the beginning the Pnp was my fav vape and I used it all the time. Not so much anymore, don't get me wrong I still enjoy using it, but I have been using my Solo and Ascent more lately.

Send your units back if you are unhappy. I agree with Dreamerr the Pnp has filled a need that I have, myself I have no problems with the unit. I feel badly for others, I have been suggesting to others to buy the Pnp because I have been happy with mine. Sorry for all of your troubles. I hope those of you that are waiting for a response from VB hear something soon.

UnderMist

Technically its vapor but UnderVape sounded weird
I am not a heavy vape user so this fills my needs greatly. Since its just that easy to use and the size is just great. Sending it back is an option for me, I just don't want to do it if it can be fixed officially. Thats why I got it. It really is a nice vape.

UnderMist,
Reactions: CarolKing

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Do any of yall find your PNP too harsh without water? I love running my SOLO on 7, my pax on HIGH, and t-vape at max temp as well but for the life of me I could not use the PNP dry. Maybe it was just my unit but anything over level 1 and it felt like I was literally damaging my throat. As if someone was turning a blow dryer on high and shoving it down my throat. I like a little pain now and then but it felt like it was doing some serious damage. I shared the PNP with 5 of my combustion friends and they couldent even handle it. After one drag their throats couldent handle any more and they went into a coughing fit and this never happened with any other vape they have tried.

Was my unit defective possibly?

I def found it was a little hot, a packed bullet means I'd have to start on level 1 and exhaust that before I go up thru the higher temps (I had to do the same with the Volcano, move up thru the temps or cough up a lung, tho the Volcano made me cough way more than the PnP), using a glass vapor path on the PnP tho, I'm finding I can go straight to level 5 and just about deal with it.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Do any of yall find your PNP too harsh without water? I love running my SOLO on 7, my pax on HIGH, and t-vape at max temp as well but for the life of me I could not use the PNP dry. Maybe it was just my unit but anything over level 1 and it felt like I was literally damaging my throat. As if someone was turning a blow dryer on high and shoving it down my throat. I like a little pain now and then but it felt like it was doing some serious damage. I shared the PNP with 5 of my combustion friends and they couldent even handle it. After one drag their throats couldent handle any more and they went into a coughing fit and this never happened with any other vape they have tried.

Was my unit defective possibly?
On temp setting 3 and above, I always use the water tool. A bit harsh otherwise.

Slug Avenger

Absolutely unusable w/o the hydrotube or any kind of aqua in my opinion. Also, the melting plastics at high tempts is nothing new, does anyone remember the stir caps melting off on their vb's one and two?

UnderMist

Temps are not an issue for me. I just don't inhale as hard. Same amount of vapor either way, just comes in slower.

UnderMist,
Reactions: Ice Rasta

herbivore21

I have an idea. What if instead of surrounding the glass and silicone pieces with the PonG plastic tube. We make a metal jacket into a similar shape as bullet but the size of the PonG air flow tube that we are working with now. That way we have glass on silicone on metal touching the bullet. Then we some how jimmy it up into the PonG. The PonG can just be used to keep it in place with the PnP rather than it still being a part of the mouth piece.

So there would be the PonG to keep it in place then the metal jacket, then the silicone inside the metal jacket and the glass piece sits in the middle of all that. Then we fit a screen in between the glass and the silicone tube so when the glass touches the bullet it has a screen in between it.

The jacket has to fit in the PnP heating chamber completely, as in the biggest opening.

Here is a drawing of my idea:
xgPgjxK.png

The Silicone tube would be flush with the jacket, I drew it like that so the idea is most clear to understand.

I think that with this design, we can tilt our PnP with out too much worry.
This is a good idea too! However, I would rather not use metal unless I know that the metal will not release vapours of it's own. I am vaping for health reasons.

Just heard back from the OGB guy, unfortunately, he doesn't have the sized glass pipe I needed for my idea.

As such, I'm gonna go for the standard 14.5mm GONG adapter he does with 14.5mm (Diameter) by 11mm (Length) stem. I am assuming he has 14.5mm diameter glass pipes in order to fashion the 14.5mm GonG end. This is exactly the width (and as far as I can measure, exactly the length) of the pipe at the bottom of the original PonG, as well as the width of the entire bullet chamber.

This will sit perfectly on top of the white inner ring in the PNP chamber (which I suspect was engineered to minimise transfer of heat to the PonG ironically enough!). The glass GonG will not touch the bullet at all, sitting exactly like the PonG does. Unfortunately, it require complete removal of the PonG's pipe from both top and bottom and filing back of the plastic hole where it used to be to allow for the new glass stem to fit through.

A benefit of this is that really, we could use anything to fasten this GonG down to the top of the PNP. It would sit snugly on top the PNP used vertically with GonG facing up without anything holding it there! :)

I wish The Vaporblunt would fix this quickly though, I emailed them about my PonG having issues and they haven't responded yet! Whoever said that they should be designing mouthpieces to withstand higher heats than the unit can produce is spot on - design your device to be completely fool-proof, coz seriously, look at what it's being used for! Users of the device are not going to be at their sharpest whilst using the device haha

I will report back with photos if OGB can accommodate my request!

UnderMist

I cant wait until the market fills up with "medical grade" vapes ;).

What is the heat rating for the tubing that you are using?

Last edited:
UnderMist,
Reactions: Dreamerr

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
Anyone remember the book Fahrenheit 451? At setting 5, you are torching your herbs at 470F; above combustion temp for paper. Suspect people with Pong or MP issues are actually combusting. Once that happens, the temps will rise above the safe operation area for most plastics...

My first post of any kind. Will have more once I finish my prototype car charger next week. BOM was completed Friday night, Digikey order was placed Saturday. Will convert car DC to well regulated 5.0V capable of 12amp max but 5amps no air flow. Hard part is getting that 5amps on a 4amp rated 3.5mm plug w/ 24awg wire...

Just received my PNP this week from TheYoyokid1; awesome exchange and good person to work with. Placed order Tuesday noon, unit arrived Thursday (same state). Waiting for back ordered water tool, and definitely looking forward to that. So far my favorite recipe is to start on 1 for two easy sessions and work third/final session on 2 and finish with 3. My consumption is way down with this tool and I'm way more satisfied than combusting...

Love what people are doing with glass MPs and want @MileHighLife (and others!) to post more on his batteries and update us on charge life...

Thanks to all that have written as it helped me make my Duh-cision to purchase a PNP and step away from combustion...

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
Anyone remember the book Fahrenheit 451? At setting 5, you are torching your herbs at 470F; above combustion temp for paper. Suspect people with Pong or MP issues are actually combusting. Once that happens, the temps will rise above the safe operation area for most plastics...

I'd be willing to consider that you might be right if I'd ever used herbs on a setting higher than 3. Level 5 has been used exclusively with the FMJ and Errl but I've still got the cracks.

063_XOBX,

UnderMist

Hmm. Anyone wanna test the combustion theroy by putting a piece of paper inside and seeing how it reacts? :D

UnderMist,

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
@BarnBoy I get 6 full sessions with the 2900mah battery when i was getting 4 full sessions with the stock battery.

I use my pnp at level 5 all the time. The abv comes out medium brown ... not even as dark as I like it for late night sessions and I've never experienced combustion.

herbivore21

Just confirmed with OGB; unfortunately, he can't do a 14.5mm straight stem.

As such, I'm gonna go for the standard 14.5mm GONG adapter with 12mm (Diameter) by 10mm (Length) stem. Diameter is not quite the same as the inner stem on the PonG, but is close enough not to touch the bullet and the length is the same, so it will not require resizing the PonG, just fitting the mouthpiece through the plastic!

This will also sit perfectly on top of the white inner ring in the PNP chamber (which I suspect was engineered to minimise transfer of heat to the PonG ironically enough!). The glass GonG will still not touch the bullet at all.

Bad news is that it is gonna take 2 weeks to deliver to Australia. Ah well, I'm waiting on 2 other shipments of parts for it too! @emmdeemo do you know if the pinnacle microshower water tool fits on the end of the OGB adapter, or do you just use the mouthpiece you made on it's own?

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
@BarnBoy I get 6 full sessions with the 2900mah battery when i was getting 4 full sessions with the stock battery.

I use my pnp at level 5 all the time. The abv comes out medium brown ... not even as dark as I like it for late night sessions and I've never experienced combustion.

Thanks all for responding!

@MileHighLife Was your ABV color the same before the battery change out? Curious if you validated what Engineer said about some final calibration tweaks getting erased if battery removed. Thought you posed no noticeable change in performance other than working battery....

My ABV is dang dark and I think I need the water tool before I explore higher settings...

Also, are you having Pong issues? You are a long time user...

Mutemath

I'm getting a lot of herb stuck on the screen when I draw, I've tried screens but it seemed to inhibit vapor clouds too. Anyone have a solution?

Mutemath,

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
I'm getting a lot of herb stuck on the screen when I draw, I've tried screens but it seemed to inhibit vapor clouds too. Anyone have a solution?

Did you try the screen thing from a couple pages back?

I've just started packing my bullets less but pressed a bit tighter and it's not as bad.

UnderMist

I think that is just the effect of taking a draw. The material is light enough to get sucked up. That could be another thing that could melt the pastic.

UnderMist,

MileHighLife

Thanks all for responding!

@MileHighLife Was your ABV color the same before the battery change out? Curious if you validated what Engineer said about some final calibration tweaks getting erased if battery removed. Thought you posed no noticeable change in performance other than working battery....

My ABV is dang dark and I think I need the water tool before I explore higher settings...

Also, are you having Pong issues? You are a long time user...

I have used it on level 5 since before the battery change and the abv comes out the same color as before the change. I'm a high temp vaper/cloud chaser so I'm used to dark abv. No pong or mp issues ... I don't use the pong much as I'm able to hit the pnp dry up to level 5 using a puffing technique.

Last edited:
MileHighLife,
Reactions: BarnBoy

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I've just started packing my bullets less but pressed a bit tighter and it's not as bad.

Have you tried using a bit of organic cotton? I always use cotton as a screen with the Pnp. It keeps my screen nice and clean. Eventually I need to clean the screen but not very often. The Pnp is a great little unit even with all the problems folks are having.

When you think about it portable vapes are in their infancy. Its only going to get better over time.
Vape on and Fuckcombustion.

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Last edited:
wm762,

Mutemath

As in cutting a screen to fit inside the bullet? If so yea and I feel like I lose a lot of cloud production. I will try the organic cotton

Mutemath,

MileHighLife

I am looking for a car charger that will support plug in usage for the pinnacle pro. What are your solutions?

Doesn't have to be a car charger but i read people are using battery packs (which I am fine with) but I just want one that supports plug in usage as well.

I am thinking of doing this
http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Barrel-Jack-Power-Cable--WEDM105/dp/B003B52B3A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1392008945&sr=8-5&keywords=USB to 3.5mm Barrel Jack 5V

with

http://www.amazon.com/15000mAh-Port...ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1392008357&sr=1-3

This is what I use ...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003Q...f=mp_s_a_1_1&qid=1392010231&sr=8-1&precache=1

MileHighLife,
Reactions: Ice Rasta
Top Bottom