Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I see what you mean. I just have a strong feeling that we shouldn't have to modify the device to make it more safe to use. A company solution similar to yours, maybe even more improved than that as they have more resources, would be an awesome thing.

Thats the thing, I'm not convinced it now is 'more safe', the data from pages back has me convinced the PonG is safe, I just have too much time on my hands ;)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Heh. Always better than no time right?

For sure :)

Tbh tho, since switching to this glass, higher temps are easier to deal with and the taste is superior, especially when compared to a PonG thats done a few bullets in a row at high temps. After a few days use, I really think this mod has improved my Pinnacle and vaping experience quite a lot.

Hang on, have I just invented the the short path Pinnacle Ascent Pro? Or the Ascennacle Amateur? ;D

The glass piece is really light and small. Its already survived multiple drops onto a hard floor, hopefully it wont suffer any more drops :)

I mainly vape with herb, I don't have access to oils. Hopefully we will hear from TRVB on this thread. We should be hearing something about those that have been having battery problems too.

I notice that I have seen TRVB reply on The Baker thread. They are getting close to releasing it. Some FC members have beta units they are testing out.

A cheap upgrade scheme from PnP to a Pinnacle 3 (with swappable battery and glass vapor path) would be nice :D

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Would it be possible to wedge a sreen around the bottom of the glass adapter and the shaved PonG?

Not on my botched job atm, as the glass isnt secure yet, seems theoretically possible tho, depending on how you ended up securing the glass. I'm waiting on a delivery of silicon tubing that will hopefully do the job of fixing the glass in place to the PonG collar, but I have no real idea of how exactly I'm gonna do that yet. A new piece of glass with the right width stem that would wedge more fittingly into the PonG would work but I'm not sure I like the sound of that. Also, I'm quite liking being able to take the glass out without having to remove the whole PonG collar, not sure i want to lose that functionality. And there is the fact that the glass not being fixed also means I can adjust the connection from what seems like a tight draw straight from the bullet with little to no excess air flow (thick clouds!), or lovely open smoother easy draw like the PonG has normally.

Screen wise, I considered putting a screen in the bulbous part of the glass, but have just been putting a tiny square of pipe screen on top of the bullet instead (tho could just as easily use a glass bead, or bigger bit of flower) to keep the glass more clear of debris. Its working so far, and this goes hand in hand with one of my other new favourite things about this amateur GonG hour... Cos its glass, more reclaim! :D

EDIT: This is how well the bullet and glass can connect :)
sWagBX8.jpg

551cnKy.jpg

Last edited:

herbivore21

Wise words indeed... I had a similar problem with not thinking it thru properly regarding the brush! Silly me.

Re: The PonG, this is the reason I've gone the route I have. I use my PnP in my bong quite a lot with oil/keif (level four and five, PnP upside down), and a ring of plastic melted off the PonG, funnily enough leaving a ring indentation that fit the top of the bullet perfectly (an NO2 screen nicely tops the bullet off and fixes it in place, stopping it from touching the PonG but it prevents easy switch out of bullets). Im guessing the bullets retain the heat, me using it upside down then melted the PonG thru prolonged contact.

So I've recently chopped the top off the PonG, taken the screen out, filed the PonG's ribs down a bit and come up with this instead. I now just use a tiny bit of cut down screen on top of the bullet instead of a whole cap. Much easier to clean the glass than the PonG.

xTzgRuB.jpg

As you can see, the glass pokes out the bottom and will fit against the bullet if thats wanted, even without making sure there is a connection between glass and bullet, the glass protusion prevents the bullet from touching the PonG at all.

That is exactly what I want!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you get the glass, will chop one of these together ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks @emmdeemo !

I am thinking it looks like the straight metal 14mm adapter from the Da Vinci Ascent? Did you file down the glass stem?

Would silicone from a calking gun be sufficient to connect the glass pipe firmly to the glass without any risk of inhaling nasty melted stuff during use?

Also, with regard to the battery issue - I am looking into ways to build a small portable (side pants pocket sized) battery charger that runs on C batteries and should provide an extra 5 hours or so. I'm a heavy taker (with an electrical background) and require considerable juice when I'm on the go myself!

Otherwise, I think polycarbonate is a superior material for the main body of the unit. The mouthpiece and PonG are the only issues! And only when used on setting 4/5 and when not used directly vertically!

Last edited:
herbivore21,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
That is exactly what I want!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you get the glass, will chop one of these together ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks @emmdeemo !

I am thinking it looks like the straight metal 14mm adapter from the Da Vinci Ascent? Did you file down the glass stem?

Its this but I asked the seller to blow it with a 1.5cm length stem - https://www.ioffer.com/i/ogb-14mm-vaporizer-whip-adapter-made-in-oregon-usa-13-143480789

No idea about your other question I'm afraid. A 5 hour battery pack sounds interesting indeed!

herbivore21

Sweet, so 1.5cm stem is exactly the right length to press firmly onto the bullet? You didn't find yourself wishing you had slightly longer or shorter stem?

I will post instructions to design a DIY portable charger, I can explain how to create such a thing now in a cruder and slightly less compact way later tonight for any who are interested? Got to wait for my better half to fall asleep so as not to trail off on her talking to people on the internet about phallic shaped pieces of glass.

What was that Freud said? Wasn't it 'Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar?'.

herbivore21,
Reactions: Ice Rasta

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Sweet, so 1.5cm stem is exactly the right length to press firmly onto the bullet? You didn't find yourself wishing you had slightly longer or shorter stem?

Nothing exact about it I'm afraid, was pure guess work (aided by a ruler) :), then realised I could saw/file the PonG down to roughly the right length, and happened to find that the glass fit the bullet. Very little was by design, I originally was just after some glass that would replace the PonG entirely. The last few pages have more posts about how this came about. I'm still considering any changes I'd make if I ordered new glass, maybe shorter would be better but without a comparison, I dunno :)

Please better the design and post back here with your findings :D

herbivore21

Just took some quick measurements with a tape measure. Standard Pong measurements are 14.4mm wide output piece (mouthpiece end) and 14.4mm wide on inside (14.4mm diameter pipe straight through, 11-12mm long stem). This would allow for the adapter to sit with the edge of the glass resting perfectly atop the white internal support which the inside screen of the original PonG sits against. I think this is ideal, you don't want to heat up the glass unnecessarily by having it sit against a metal bullet, also might make the unit rattle touching the top of the bullet directly!

I'm gonna order one tomorrow, hopefully it gets to Australia nice and quick, got a replacement PonG on the way down now, so will cut up my old one!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Just took some quick measurements with a tape measure. Standard Pong measurements are 14.4mm wide output piece (mouthpiece end) and 14.4mm wide on inside (14.4mm diameter pipe straight through, 11-12mm long stem). This would allow for the adapter to sit with the edge of the glass resting perfectly atop the white internal support which the inside screen of the original PonG sits against. I think this is ideal, you don't want to heat up the glass unnecessarily by having it sit against a metal bullet, also might make the unit rattle touching the top of the bullet directly!

I'm gonna order one tomorrow, hopefully it gets to Australia nice and quick, got a replacement PonG on the way down now, so will cut up my old one!

I look forward to seeing it! Are you gonna ask for any other changes to the glass apart from stem length? I wondered if the blower could do something about the bulbous bit in the middle of mine, or maybe blowing the piece at an angle so you could sip it like a straw :)

herbivore21

I look forward to seeing it! Are you gonna ask for any other changes to the glass apart from stem length? I wondered if the blower could do something about the bulbous bit in the middle of mine, or maybe blowing the piece at an angle so you could sip it like a straw :)
I think I will actually just go with leaving the existing design and asking for 11mm long x 11mm diameter straight pipe stem. This will have two benefits:

1) All I'll need to do is cut off the top of the old PonG adapter, no filing required, 11mm diameter stem will sit snugly and directly inside the existing plastic pipe of the Pong, I'll just push out the existing screen and use generic pipe metal screen filters inside the glass stem.

2) the ball will hopefully be able to make the connection between the plastic and glass a little nicer on the eyes.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I think I will actually just go with leaving the existing design and asking for 11mm long x 11mm diameter straight pipe stem. This will have two benefits:

1) All I'll need to do is cut off the top of the old PonG adapter, no filing required, 11mm diameter stem will sit snugly and directly inside the existing plastic pipe of the Pong, I'll just push out the existing screen and use generic pipe metal screen filters inside the glass stem.

2) the ball will hopefully be able to make the connection between the plastic and glass a little nicer on the eyes.

Cool, hope the glass gets to you soon and you post some pics :)

EmDeemo,

VapeWeeed

Has TRVB addressed the issue about the plastic crumbling around the screen? This has got me kind of concerned, because both of the PonGs that came with the unit both have bad spots around the screen.

I also saw someone say something about the "clearer" black PonGs as opposed to the darker ones. I am afraid I have 2 of the "clearer" ones.

VapeWeeed,

UnderMist

Technically its vapor but UnderVape sounded weird
I am not using it at all until we get official word although the current DIY is interesting.

UnderMist,

Reflections

I wonder if Ed Tnt could make a wood stem for the pnp?.. There has been discussion here bout the mouthpieces..the darker ones work better with the pnp they hold up better to the higher heats... alot turned in the clearer ones for an exchange a while back...search back in this thread for the mouthpiece discussions

UnderMist

I have an idea. What if instead of surrounding the glass and silicone pieces with the PonG plastic tube. We make a metal jacket into a similar shape as bullet but the size of the PonG air flow tube that we are working with now. That way we have glass on silicone on metal touching the bullet. Then we some how jimmy it up into the PonG. The PonG can just be used to keep it in place with the PnP rather than it still being a part of the mouth piece.

So there would be the PonG to keep it in place then the metal jacket, then the silicone inside the metal jacket and the glass piece sits in the middle of all that. Then we fit a screen in between the glass and the silicone tube so when the glass touches the bullet it has a screen in between it.

The jacket has to fit in the PnP heating chamber completely, as in the biggest opening.

Here is a drawing of my idea:
xgPgjxK.png

The Silicone tube would be flush with the jacket, I drew it like that so the idea is most clear to understand.

I think that with this design, we can tilt our PnP with out too much worry.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Dude this sucks so bad - I just got my replacement unit from a bad battery now this. fml
If you don't use high heat you shouldn't have a problem. It seems to be the folks that are using oils that go beyond heat level 3.

CarolKing,

UnderMist

That is the thing, I would like to use the Vape at max temp and not have the thing start to deteriorate. If anything the materials used in the production process should have been over engineered to maybe start to fail at 600*+ vs where the temps are with normal use.

Its okay its normal product development and that's how we get better products. Its just sucky since this is something that we use to inhale things rather than say an object like a defective game controller. New iterations can be made, but with this thing it needs to be fixed now since we use it more intimately.

VapeWeeed

That is the thing, I would like to use the Vape at max temp and not have the thing start to deteriorate. If anything the materials used in the production process should have been over engineered to maybe start to fail at 600*+ vs where the temps are with normal use.

Its okay its normal product development and that's how we get better products. Its just sucky since this is something that we use to inhale things rather than say an object like a defective game controller. New iterations can be made, but with this thing it needs to be fixed now since we use it more intimately.

Yeah I agree, plus I don't want to have to be trying to figure out how to make this vaporizer better. I am no inventor, I don't have the time to tinker with it. I paid a decent amount of money for it, thought they put a decent amount of testing into it.

Top Bottom