Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

NolaD

After reading many of your posts here I think I have decided on the PP! I do have one small, possibly dumb question.

Is the water tube really worth it, or could that money be spent better elsewhere? I ask because I am also looking at the Solo, which isn't that much more than the water tube attachment.. Better to have Solo and PP or PP with water tube? just looking for opinions.

Thanks again to all who posted videos, their comparisons to other vapes, and certainly TRVB and Engineering. Should be making my order once I decide on the WT.

dirtydozen12

I love the WT! I've really only used the vape once without the WT and it was nice but when you use the WT it's much easier to forget how deep of a rip you take because the vapor is so smooth.

I've used the solo a bunch and like many have said in comparison between the two vapes, the solo has the tastier hits longer than the pinnical. I chose the pinnical because of portability, not to say you can't do the same with the solo but my opinion I like the pinnical better.

@NolaD
Check out the glassblowers direct thread, has pretty identical WT for about half the price.

dirtydozen12,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@NolaD
Unless you are getting a bundle discount, why not get the PNPro by itself and then get the WT later if you need it? Most users find it good to have for settings 3 and up, but if you are like belgianvapor you will not need it.

Belgianvapor

@NolaD
just to be clear, I'm one of the few perhaps the only one (both my wife and I) who doesn't like the wt, not because it's not working, it does the job great actually but it seems I'm just not a water person when it comes to vaping and for me it feels like I get out of breath faster when inhaling trough the wt than otherwise.
Altough I don't use it, I will keep it because it's that cool !
So about the wt, don't listen to me, I was just venting my personal preferences, not passing critisism about it.

Belgianvapor,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Reveen

After reading many of your posts here I think I have decided on the PP! I do have one small, possibly dumb question.

Is the water tube really worth it, or could that money be spent better elsewhere? I ask because I am also looking at the Solo, which isn't that much more than the water tube attachment.. Better to have Solo and PP or PP with water tube? just looking for opinions.

Thanks again to all who posted videos, their comparisons to other vapes, and certainly TRVB and Engineering. Should be making my order once I decide on the WT.

I don't have the WT. I cranked the Pro up to 4 last night too see what that was like and found I had to take much smaller hits due to the temp of the vapor. I have a 14mm/18mm glass adapter coming in the mail soon so I will be able too hook it up to my Mobius. It all depends on what kind of temps your throat can handle and what temps you like to vape at.

NolaD

Damn yall are quick and informative!!

Was trying to take advantage of the 20% off, but the GBD bubbler is a good recommendation too. WT is definitely not something i need now and I already have some large bubblers I have been able to repurpose for use with my SSV, so imagine I will be able to do the same with the PP. I only do that once in a while because it works really well :).

@Belgianvapor
We pretty much posted at the same time, and once I read your post it was funny that we were talking about the WT. I didn't take it like that. The WT is just for fun really. I am looking for pocket-ability and the WT kinda kills that. Plus I can get one later on too.

Thanks again everyone! Can't wait to start the journey. Might even have to post more pics and video since it seems to be lacking :D

Edit: Ordered a PnPro with extra set of bullets! No WT for now.

Last edited:

Jimmy

my pn pro is great but after like 1/3 through a full pack im not seeing much vapor . im dooing a loose pack on setting 3. are you guys getting very good clouds on 3

Jimmy,

Reveen

my pn pro is great but after like 1/3 through a full pack im not seeing much vapor . im dooing a loose pack on setting 3. are you guys getting very good clouds on 3

I've been having better results with a tighter pack personally . . . I'm also used to sucking like a madman through my Extreme Q, 1ft of tubing, and through my Mobius, so I do prefer a little draw restriction.

Reveen,

Reveen

I had better results through my OG pn with a moderate pack. I had my best results not using a bullet at all and packing directly in the chamber.

I've seen people mention this and I've wondered if it is giving bigger clouds because once you remove the bullet, there is more conduction going on? I'm assuming this will spend your herb quicker but provide bigger clouds . . . am I on the right track?

vape4health

I've seen people mention this and I've wondered if it is giving bigger clouds because once you remove the bullet, there is more conduction going on? I'm assuming this will spend your herb quicker but provide bigger clouds . . . am I on the right track?
I would assume, plus you get zero blow by without the bullet.
I can't believe no one has tested a glass tube instead of a bullet, gotta be something like that around.... it would just about cut conduction totally out right.

Reveen

I would assume, plus you get zero blow by without the bullet.
I can't believe no one has tested a glass tube instead of a bullet, gotta be something like that around.... it would just about cut conduction totally out right.

I'd be extremely interested if someone found a glass piece that would fit. Probably have to be custom made? Anyone know any blowers they could give a bullet to so they can model a glass bullet from it?

Reveen,
Reactions: poonman

grokit

well-worn member
Upon further consideration, I think the walls of a glass bullet would have to be too thick for the bullet to be effective, unless the whole thing was fritted of course. It would still be a very small bowl.

vape4health

Ill order some strait tube to try with some screen if I can source some cheap. I have been noticing if I dump a bullet early the very bottom is the last to darken making me think a screen at the bottom would stay cooler but also makes me question how effective it would be in near totally convection mode. Maybe the conduction is getting it really close or even at vape temp and the convection is the tipping point. I still get good hits at low temp so I think it would have the temp for convection, gotta try I guess.
Just talkin out my ass, nevermind me.

Edit: quick search shows glass drinking straws are apparently abundant and cheap enough to try. Time to measure.

Last edited:

SiDankies

Upon further consideration, I think the walls of a glass bullet would have to be too thick for the bullet to be effective, unless the whole thing was fritted of course. It would still be a very small bowl.

I dont think it would be smaller then the solo bowl. I think a glass bullet would be great. Better taste better clouds.

SiDankies,

vape4health

Quick caliper check.
I only checked one bullet and no oil cup, I see 0.355" on the bullet and the heater is right in 0.372-0.375 so call it 0.370 to be safe. Its gonna be easy to find, one 9.5mm drinking straw says aprox 5mm ID.

vape4health,
Reactions: Reveen

Definitely get the water tube!!! well worth it and at the same token you'd esp. like it when paired w/ the solo also!:rofl:

Vapingaway818,

Xaun

I have the original VBP and the WT. I loved it at first but after purchasing a nice glass bong with a down stem that supported that 14mm pong that's all I use. I found the WT was kind of high maintenance to keep it clean and free of microbs. I would change the water several times a day and have to clean it with alcohol once a day to prevent growth in the internal percolating chambers. Granted I was using it like 5 or 6 times per day at the time.I mostly smoke at home and I find that the bong to be easier use and easier to keep clean. I just put it in the dishwasher every night. That might work with the WT too but i never tried it with the WT.

Last edited:
Xaun,
Reactions: Reveen

Sativape

Good evening vapers.
Has anybody had any success with vaping a Moroccan type hash with the PNPro?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sativape,

ehakim

Good evening vapers.

Ill let you know soon, my pinnacle should be here any day and I just grabbed a quarter of some amazing Moroccan import

ehakim,

salivape

Good evening vapers.

I believe @grokit tried some "old school" hash with success. I was going to try it but my stash ran out before my pro turned up.

About the glass bullets. Engineering mentioned in the og pn thread that although they would be a great idea, the heating time would increase to the point that the battery life would really suffer.. something like that any way.

salivape,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Sativape

@ehakim, Looking forward to your results.
Thanks for the response.
Please let us know what gave you the best results.
I read up on a technique where someone flattened out a couple layers of hash ever so thin (the meat), and sandwiched them between 3 layers of bud (the buns)... like a Big Mac.

@salivape, I will comb through the thread and try finding grokit's results.
Thank you for your response.
I have ripped your name (unintentionally) but still guilty of it.
It's just my love and devotion to the Sativa dominant strains.
I can re-create another profile if you feel that I'm infringing on your name.

The vapers on this thread are truly amazing.
Everyone here has provided amazing details to all aspects of this product.
I just signed up yesterday after reading the thread...

After reading this thread, I feel like PNPro pro now, and I don't even own it yet.

I feel that this product will be far superior to the Solo that I own, strictly due to the portability and discreetness.

Last edited:

vape4health

I believe a glass bullet would totally kill the conduction (heat time) and that would be the goal. Convection would be vape from hot air not from the hot metal walls, I would guess bump up the temp a click or 2 and rip it hot air style.

Top Bottom