Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Andy

[quote="Jimmy]

Looking to the forum as a whole for feedback here: Has anyone experienced the above with the regular mouthpiece?
Not I, but I used the PonG almost exclusively as the mp.

Andy,
Reactions: ehakim

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into the cause - I have some theories, but won't share them until we get a bit more information.

Looking to the forum as a whole for feedback here: Has anyone experienced the above with the regular mouthpiece?
I've never used the regular MP, still in plastic

sxmokeUP,

GreenRoom

I've only had it for a few days but 3 times a day at level 3 and no sign of discoloration on the mouth piece.

GreenRoom,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Mine has only been used on 5 about three times. I only use the PonG and mostly use it on 3 and 4. My PonG has no issues.

stickstones,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Good morning guys,

Sorry for the delay, I was on a plane almost all day yesterday.

@Engineering misspoke, please do not contact me for return. All claims need to go through our claims department, it is pretty painless. Just send a pic and a description of your concern and we will send new one and an envelope for the old one (postage paid) reach out to vaporblunteric@gmail.com
I contacted Vapor Blunt this morning to let them know that I had a defective MP tip (i.e. it half melted / half broke at the tab that inserts into the MP after being on Level 4). It came with a very small hairline fracture in it and now the bottom section of the tip is permanently stuck in the MP. My intention was to purchase two MPs w/ tips as I needed a replacement and wanted a spare in case it happened again. (I e-mailed pictures.)

I got a response stating that they would send me a new MP and PonG. I sent another e-mail re-explaining the situation and stated that I wished to purchase 2 MPs w/ tips, not one MP and one PonG as I like dry hits. I also spoke to a nice Gentleman on the phone. He stated that he would look into getting me two (2) MPs with tips sent to my address in the mail.

First off, I'm not expecting any freebies; I'm more than willing to pay. Not sure if this will get rectified right away but the PNP is pretty much useless to me without the MP / tip. My PNP order number was 1378913330-938.

Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by asking you for help here.

I want to conclude by saying that the PNP is damn near the perfect portable for me. I LOVE it and cannot wait to use it again with a replacement MP / tip.

Thank you for your time, Vapor Blunt.

WildChild,

Belgianvapor

I just checked my collection of mp's and I got this :
From my og pn, a regular mp, PonG both clear and both having
a thin wall where the screen sits.
Then I have a regular mp and a PonG that look "smoked", you could say
they look translucent grey, both thin walls, I guess these were the replacements
for the first clear mp's wich a few of them had problems melting and chipping, these would
eliminate some of the visible blemishes on the clear ones.
then I have the near black ones, from the pro, here I see that the
regular mp has a thick wall where the screen sits and the PonG has
a thin wall, does this mean the PonG is not intended for the pro and the
regular mp is or is this just the way the black PonG for the pro is designed and
both can be used with the pro on 5?

Belgianvapor,
Reactions: sxmokeUP

lookhigh

FC member
I have hit the og PN without mouthpiece and worked a treat, also made big clouds. would be good to drop a screen on top off the bullet to stop particles going in your mouth. Just an option if your waiting for a replacement MP.

lookhigh,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I have hit the og PN without mouthpiece and worked a treat, also made big clouds. would be good to drop a screen on top off the bullet to stop particles going in your mouth. Just an option if your waiting for a replacement MP.
Yes, I've tried with the PonG as an MP but didn't enjoy that at all. Almost too unrestrictive for me. I'll try and figure something out until I get it replaced.

The screen on top of the bullet is a good idea. I actually did that everytime from the beginning. I get no pieces floating up into the MP screen at all. :tup:

I'm really just particular about the MP w/ tip...it's my favorite way to hit the PNP.

WildChild,

Engineering

Manufacturer
I just checked my collection of mp's and I got this :
From my og pn, a regular mp, PonG both clear and both having
a thin wall where the screen sits.
Then I have a regular mp and a PonG that look "smoked", you could say
they look translucent grey, both thin walls, I guess these were the replacements
for the first clear mp's wich a few of them had problems melting and chipping, these would
eliminate some of the visible blemishes on the clear ones.
then I have the near black ones, from the pro, here I see that the
regular mp has a thick wall where the screen sits and the PonG has
a thin wall, does this mean the PonG is not intended for the pro and the
regular mp is or is this just the way the black PonG for the pro is designed and
both can be used with the pro on 5?

That is correct, we made a mold change to the regular MP to increase the wall thickness near the screen, as we had some issues with screen fit that needed to be resolved. We did not do the change to the PONG as the screen fitment is a different design. Any of the design will work, but you only want to use the parts that came with the PRO on the pro as the PC can't handle the higher temps.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
That is correct, we made a mold change to the regular MP to increase the wall thickness near the screen, as we had some issues with screen fit that needed to be resolved. We did not do the change to the PONG as the screen fitment is a different design. Any of the design will work, but you only want to use the parts that came with the PRO on the pro as the PC can't handle the higher temps.
I just want to state that my PNP MP tip came with a small hairline crack in it that must have compromised it's structural integrity. I realize that these things happen in manufacturing and am not implying that the PNP MP was made from inferior plastic...

This is a great little unit.

...but I do need my MP w/ tip replaced... please...:tup:

WildChild,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
If using original PN mouthpieces on the PNP leads to melting, I'd think the PNP and its mouthpieces should have been designed with a different fitting, so that the original mouthpieces wouldn't fit at all!

BongScott

Just pulled the trigger on one of those 50$ wt's. Went through theyoyokid1 so I get that sucker with a quickness! I had one of the original blasted ones before then sold it to another member and regretted it ever since. Couldn't pass on the kick ass sale!
I ordered mne Friday from theyoyokid on ebay and it was here Monday. Thanks to FC I ordered the PonG which made the original PN much better and now the WT really adds more umph. I'm waiting for the PN to die before I get a pro but its been going strong since March.

BongScott,

Belgianvapor

I think the border guards are having a good time with my pro :disgust:

Interesting info on the mouthpiece, I will have to keep an eye out.

Hey Tweek, wasn't it you, if I recall correctly, who had a similar problem getting the cera to arrive at your doorstep?

Belgianvapor,
Reactions: Tweek

vape4health

Yes. I just checked the mp from my Pro and its chipping but in way bigger pieces then the pic. Looks like my pong is too but it still needs cleaned to say for sure.

I use the mp at 1 mostly 2 sometimes and 3 almost never. The pong gets used at 2 or 3 depending on planned activities afterwards. No oil test at all but I have used the pong for one hit at 5 couple at 4 then down, one time only.

vape4health,

Meghan

I mostly use the mouthpiece, and mine is totally fine. 98% of the time, I use it on 2. I did use it to direct draw some oil on 5, though, and no melting/discoloration. Just stickiness caused by my using it so much! (This has become my new daily driver, which shocks me...I've reached for it over my Solo more than once, which is a big deal!)

I checked my Pong just now and did note what looked like some white discoloration on the sides of the plastic. I didn't try to clean it, but it looked like something that perhaps wouldn't be cleaned away. I think there was a pic that looked similar above. For the most part, I've used the Pong at 3 or 4...and at 5, at least once (but never for an extended period of time). I did not see any actual melting...just the slight whitish discoloration (I will try to post a pic later).

Meghan,

THCfootprint

Hello all, I just got my PnPro yesterday but I've noticed a few odd things. If you guys could help that would be cool.

So, the first problem I noticed is that there is a dark seam running down the heating chamber. It looks like a weld but I wasn't too positive. Here is a pic:
vcw1oz.jpg

My second issue is that there is a groove at the very bottom of the heating chamber where there may be a misalignment. When I looked closer, you can tell that the groove is actually raised a little bit making for an uneven surface. I posted 2 pics to help give you an idea of where it is.
2mx1keh.jpg

I outlined it in this one to make it a little bit more clear.
nzn7nm.jpg

My last 2 problems are probably normal but I thought I might as well put them out there.
The top part (right above the 3 intake holes on the side of body) get REALLY hot when on levels 4 and 5 sometimes 3, making it very uncomfortable to hold at times.
Lastly, drawing in air makes an audible sound and even whistles at times if going for a very fast draw. Again, these are probably normal but I just wanted to make sure.

THCfootprint,

Engineering

Manufacturer
Hello all, I just got my PnPro yesterday but I've noticed a few odd things. If you guys could help that would be cool.

So, the first problem I noticed is that there is a dark seam running down the heating chamber. It looks like a weld but I wasn't too positive. Here is a pic:
vcw1oz.jpg

My second issue is that there is a groove at the very bottom of the heating chamber where there may be a misalignment. When I looked closer, you can tell that the groove is actually raised a little bit making for an uneven surface. I posted 2 pics to help give you an idea of where it is.
2mx1keh.jpg

I outlined it in this one to make it a little bit more clear.
nzn7nm.jpg

My last 2 problems are probably normal but I thought I might as well put them out there.
The top part (right above the 3 intake holes on the side of body) get REALLY hot when on levels 4 and 5 sometimes 3, making it very uncomfortable to hold at times.
Lastly, drawing in air makes an audible sound and even whistles at times if going for a very fast draw. Again, these are probably normal but I just wanted to make sure.

1) Yep, it's the weld - no cause for concern
2) That's an alignment washer that is, ironically, miss aligned. You must have gotten one of the first run units because I actually removed that part from production units right after release (Due to this exact situation). It serves as much use as an appendix. It's better actually, since it won't burst and kill you. Unless it really bothers you sitting there, don't worry about it, it wont effect the performance.

As to the whistling - Some units tend to be worse than others, and some people can make it whistle more than others. Again, not something to be worried about.

A note to everyone on the PONG pics that have been on here recently. The PONG is not melting, I have been trying to melt one in our test units for the last 2 days with no luck. We are getting a few of the returns in and I will look at them and let you all know what we find out. It is probably something to do with built up resin.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
1) Yep, it's the weld - no cause for concern
2) That's an alignment washer that is, ironically, miss aligned. You must have gotten one of the first run units because I actually removed that part from production units right after release (Due to this exact situation). It serves as much use as an appendix. It's better actually, since it won't burst and kill you. Unless it really bothers you sitting there, don't worry about it, it wont effect the performance.

As to the whistling - Some units tend to be worse than others, and some people can make it whistle more than others. Again, not something to be worried about.

A note to everyone on the PONG pics that have been on here recently. The PONG is not melting, I have been trying to melt one in our test units for the last 2 days with no luck. We are getting a few of the returns in and I will look at them and let you all know what we find out. It is probably something to do with built up resin.
Mine is NOT built up resin. There is an absence of plastic where it should be and melted plastic holding my screen in now. I'm no engineer but I'm no moron either.

Top Bottom