Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
@ SSVUN-YAH... damn, you have some real patience.
Woosah...
woosah-puppy.jpg

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
barnboy, can you suggest. a product. that will be able charge the pnp while using it? I am thinking of pulling the trigger on that black and Decker as one user said it works fine. but according to the home depot website, it did not get too high of a review

@GT420 - Many folks have suggested these AC Inverters in these pages. You don't need huge power so don't go over 100W, but at least have 25 Watts (18 Watt absolute min)...

ANYTHING will work. Since this is not my approach (DC=> AC, then AC => DC), I can't recommend anything. I suspect what you find at Best Buy, or Radio Shack will work just fine...
Sorry! Good luck!
-BB

Philreal187

3efk.jpg

Here is a quick look at how different screens fit the bullets the only one I don't have to show is cotton. The first one is a 3/8in glass honeycomb, it just sits on top it can do the trick but restricts draw flow. The next one is the daisy glass screen which also will do the job but not to well since the sizes r different they don't hold much down. The third is a jacks glass screen this one does next to nothing for the bullet. Finally is 3/8 stainless steel screen, this one works the best u can push it down and really keep the herb packed tight. I feel using the mesh screen really helps with keeping the pnp cleaner after a session cuz it holds the product in the bullet not all over the mp or pong screen. When getting these to try I was hoping to find a glass screen to do the job but I found I like the stainless steel ones the best. I picked up 50 screens on ebay for under 5 so they r cheap and help out a lot.

herbivore21

I've been using a small pollen press and got a few trial and error hash pattys I would like to vape. whats the best way in the pnp?

herbivore21...Bed of bud/avb at bottom of flower bullet, only enough to cover mesh screen in bottom. Finely chop together more bud with QWISO/BHO/Whatever until there are flakes of your concentrate mixed finely with chopped bud. does this work with hash as well?
Yes, this is primarily what I use :) Prepare for everlasting bullets!

@Philreal187 - Does the honeycomb screen stay in place well? That looks ideal for what I want. Can you get the same clouds by just drawing harder? I tend to draw hard through my water piece because that's what I'm used to when combusting with water pieces :)

Philreal187

The honeycomb sits just on the flare of the bullet so once u got it in place and in the pnp chamber its not moving. I didn't have much problems at all getting the same clouds I just noticed more air resistance . I grind most of my herb pretty fine so I still found it to get on the pong screen after a session this is why I like the metal screen best. I would like to give organic cotton a try as well as organic hemp if I can find some.

Sativape

You guys have convinced me that leaving the bullet in the chamber all the time is wasting my precious resins..... I think I'll be dropping my bullets into the chamber after it reaches temp and taking them out after my draws..

I think this will help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Pick-U...214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56613b0886

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENERAL-TOO...08368063?pt=US_Hand_Tools&hash=item3cdd2725bf

ENK-422-C-3.jpg

This should be able to catch the flange of the bullet, as it sits about 2mm above the heating chamber.

I'm going to report back with the functionality as soon as I get it.

Or would any PNP owner out there happen to have one of these that can confirm usability?

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
You guys have convinced me that leaving the bullet in the chamber all the time is wasting my precious resins..... I think I'll be dropping my bullets into the chamber after it reaches temp and taking them out after my draws..

I think this will help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Pick-U...214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56613b0886

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENERAL-TOO...08368063?pt=US_Hand_Tools&hash=item3cdd2725bf

ENK-422-C-3.jpg

This should be able to catch the flange of the bullet, as it sits about 2mm above the heating chamber.

Cool tool!

I think amount lost to heat up time is negligible. I always finish sessions all the way through too. But I admire many here who seek perfection with efficiency. It leads to more innovation.

Sativape

Cool tool!

I think amount lost to heat up time is negligible. I always finish sessions all the way through too. But I admire many here who seek perfection with efficiency. It leads to more innovation.

@ Mister G,

Thanks man.

I've been packing my bullets with a blend of finely ground flowers and a mix of any or all of the following: Morrocan hash, qwiso, bubble hash, kief... and lately a quick 2-3 minute session has been getting me ripped.

I've had a mega salad bullet last me over 10 x 3 min sessions = 30 mins.

Makes sense too because on super bowl I have one bullet last 3 full 8 minute sessions with 4 people steadily hitting it non stop for the full 3 x 8 mins.

EDIT: So this just happened 2 minutes ago.

I'm on the phone with my buddy who owns a PNP.

ME: "I found a tool that I think will pull the hot bullets out the Pinnacle"
Buddy: "For what?"
ME: "So right after the session, you can yank the bullet out with the tool so you don't have to dump the herb out to get and keep it upright"
Buddy: "Nice, grab me one"

My fiancé comes running around the corner "You think I don't know what you're talking about? You think I don't know what 'Tool' means? Bullets! Tools! I'm not an idiot!!!

Me "wtf are you talking about" I showed her the screen and my PNP...

Oh man... I put my buddy on speaker phone, and he was cracking up like a mad man...

Had to share that with you guys!

Thanks VB!

Life is funny sometimes!

Last edited:

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
Thought I would offer some Ghetto-tools from the BarnBoy...

3gbwz7E.jpg

* Pictured is the 6 bullet holder. Many have complained the holder opens up. Add a hair band and FIXED IT!
* So after you have had some major sessions, what do you do with those hot bullets? A small Altoids will hold 6 and act as an ABV tray. Note the handy wisk broom in the top tray made from an acid brush. Stays in the tin.

More to come...
-BB

From what I've read of the MFLB, I probably am pulling that slow, yes :)
Damn it! I hate to say it but if that's the case my inhalater XP worked better? Idk I don't take it out much so I don't really get to play with it that to much. But When I do take it out I do at least a few or more sessions so it's not like I haven't reword it at all. Also I shouldn't have to hit it full blast to get good vapor. If it needs to be drawn on really slow then why allow the extra flow? My solo on 3 is taste heven! I can't seem to get those tasty hits on the PNP? I don't want to give up but I'm not in a med state and I don't really have herb to waste.

VapeNStone,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You get pretty good tasty vapor the first 5 min. with just the mouthpiece. You get better taste with the WT.

Edit:
BarnBoy, I bought a miniature container of Altoids with the idea, a perfect used bullet container for on the go. Great minds think a like.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: BarnBoy

herbivore21

If you want taste to get better and rival the Solo, you need to get either a custom GonG or the VB one when it is released. I did a few flower bullets of loosely ground sublime last night, major, brilliant tasting clouds through my GonG/15 arm tree rig on setting 4 and 5 (going straight to setting 4 and 5 does not seem to be an issue for wasting herb it turns out, you seem to get just as many draws either way :) ). The stock solo with glass stem/GonG will always taste better than a stock PNP with plastic mouthpiece/PonG.

I am getting some great blue clouds out of the PNP lately, the GonG was a godsend, I would have returned my PNP without it! Cheers again @emmdeemo

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
Thought I would offer some Ghetto-tools from the BarnBoy...

3gbwz7E.jpg

* Pictured is the 6 bullet holder. Many have complained the holder opens up. Add a hair band and FIXED IT!
* So after you have had some major sessions, what do you do with those hot bullets? A small Altoids will hold 6 and act as an ABV tray. Note the handy wisk broom in the top tray made from an acid brush. Stays in the tin.

More to come...
-BB

Here are some other BarnBoy Ghetto-toolz. Ever consider what to do with various containers you acquire? I showed the small Altoids tin as a hot bullet holder and small ABV tray. I also have large gum packages that are perfect for temporary ABV containers until glass jar for eventual QWET/QWISO manufacture (want to try and welcome your tasty recipes!). I take the cold bullets from the Altoids tin, placing the screen end of bullet into my mouth, I then blow the ABV out of the bullet and into the gum box like a spit wad. They look like little alfalfa pellets...

Here are some cruddy photos.
Enjoy!
-BB

EDIT: Oh, that pre-heat the PNP and then drop in a bullet is a real winner!!!! The first 1-2 perfume hits are much nicer. THANKS!

82AxiCc.jpg

2RTDeJn.jpg

Last edited:

stonevape

Hello all, I'm back with another question:

Is there some sort of FAQ community resource for the PnP? I\'ve got so many n00b questions that I *know* will have been answered so many times in this mammoth thread.

Right now I've got a gummed mouthpiece tip and nothing like ISO to clean it out with and searching the thread throws up so many variations to filter through and try. I also would like to know where I can see and maybe buy some of these glass mouthpiece mods I'm reading about!

stonevape,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The stock solo with glass stem/GonG will always taste better than a stock PNP with plastic mouthpiece/PonG.

I am getting some great blue clouds out of the PNP lately, the GonG was a godsend, I would have returned my PNP without it! Cheers again @emmdeemo
The plastic GonG always puzzled me?

I could see how a "glass" GonG would improve the PNP's flavor profile.
+1

@stonevape

For what it's worth, you can stuff cotton (from cotton balls) in the bottom of the bullet and place as small amount of herb in there on top as you wish. Works extremely well using organic cotton...no added taste at all...smaller loads for shorter sessions. Have fun!
The COTTON rolled around a chunk of SHATTER is pretty cool in vaporizers even a branding iron works!

Last edited:

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Got a new PNP pro from vaporblunt yesterday, for the battery problems I was having. Pretty quick turnaround. It came with the unit, a new bullet and an extra stand. No power tho, still stuck with my usb charger. We will see how this battery handles after I punish it.

I charged it to 5 blue level then ran 2 bullets and came back the next day not able to charge it?:( It just flashes 1 blue and then once in a while 1 yellow.

Looks like another dud.

Last edited:

Sativape

Got a new PNP pro from vaporblunt yesterday, for the battery problems I was having. Pretty quick turnaround. It came with the unit, a new bullet and an extra stand. No power tho, still stuck with my usb charger. We will see how this battery handles after I punish it.

I charged it to 5 blue level then ran 2 bullets and came back the next day not able to charge it?:( It just flashes 1 blue and then once in a while 1 yellow.

Looks like another dud.

What kind of charger are you using? What is the USB charger?

If you're not supplying the correct voltage and current, then this could be the root cause.

Sativape,
Reactions: CarolKing

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
What kind of charger are you using? What is the USB charger?

If you're not supplying the correct voltage and current, then this could be the root cause.
I tried 5 volts 1 amp and just get blue single flashes.

I tried 6 volts 1.5 amp and get running yellow lights.

My last one charged fine off the computer. Unless they changed something not sure why this one would be any different.

Ratm22,

Grim Chiclets

My last one charged fine off the computer. Unless they changed something not sure why this one would be any different.
From what I remember reading, if you want charge only- it's 5V at 3A? As for running while it's on I think the unit increased its power draw by like 30%- but I wouldn't monkey with that

Philreal187

Just got my back order of my water tool. I'm not sure how much water to use and is there any risk of water going into the pnp thru the pong and causing damage to the pnp? Also it came with a clear pong, is this one at risk of melting at higher temps since I believe its for the first pinnacle which didn't reach the same temps as the pnp. Finally there is no logo on the glass should be alarmed as this could be a fake. Ill get a chance to break it in later tonight and ill give some feed back since this will be the first time I hit a vape thru water pretty excited.

Philreal187,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Just got my back order of my water tool. I'm not sure how much water to use and is there any risk of water going into the pnp thru the pong and causing damage to the pnp? Also it came with a clear pong, is this one at risk of melting at higher temps since I believe its for the first pinnacle which didn't reach the same temps as the pnp. Finally there is no logo on the glass should be alarmed as this could be a fake. Ill get a chance to break it in later tonight and ill give some feed back since this will be the first time I hit a vape thru water pretty excited.

Here's some info about WT usage that I wrote in a different thread, if you have time, the entire thread has a lot of helpful info specifically about this WT. :smug:

Edit, my hot link doesn't seem to work so here's the long URL to the post link:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/v...vs-planetvape-f-bomb.11056/page-3#post-476623

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor

5.0V and 1amp is too low current to do just charge. This needs more like 1.5amp. When I measured power draw on my PNP I saw near 1amp draw to just charge. It may have worked before, but @Engineering published a strong warning when someone showed charging from laptop USB port...

Much above 5.4V you will start to get a single led rising. Hard for me to describe color as it changes with angle and I see the individual led elements (yellow? Maybe!).

-BB

BarnBoy,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
5.0V and 1amp is too low current to do just charge. This needs more like 1.5amp. When I measured power draw on my PNP I saw near 1amp draw to just charge. It may have worked before, but @Engineering published a strong warning when someone showed charging from laptop USB port...

Much above 5.4V you will start to get a single led rising. Hard for me to describe color as it changes with angle and I see the individual led elements (yellow? Maybe!).

-BB

I just hooked it to a computer power supply which is rated 5volts 18amp max. Wont run straight off the power, but it looks like its charging!

Last edited:

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
@Ratm22 Exactly what I found and posted previously. You need more than 5.0Volts to get operation and charge...
-BB
not more voltage, more amperage. This thing must suck current hard. It does have two heating elements.

The lights seem different on this new one? Battery life shorter or more accurate? Temps not as high? Maybe battery not as powerful but more reliable. Maybe old no pro batteries used to fill production.

The taste great. Pinnacle is back in contention for daily driver.

I was able to get 5 sessions off the new battery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom