• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pen Vape for Concentrates...?

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
I run both QW ether and QW alcohol oils in my DARTS. But my oil is "post process" filtered to remove particles....amber and clean is the result.

I built a cart flusher from a hobby syringe (glue syringe) and 4" length of silicon tube. I insert the DART opening into the silicon tube. I then submerge the dart in warm ISO and by pushing and pulling the plunger back n forth, it power flushes out even crappy hard hash. I usually ISO flush for 2-3 minutes, then boil for 10 minutes. And DARTs work best when clean. If you clean your carts well, you can toss anything at then, for a long, long time.

But to not use it for "runny" oil may be a mistake? Very thin oils like Pure Gold vape like a dream in the DART. After all it was originally designed on an AVA cart, used for thin liquid e-cig juice. I usually scoop up a dab on the dart tip or with Pure Gold, I use another hobby syringe as a loading dropper. Just press out a drop as needed.
Don't fear the QWiso! It cleans up fine. ;)

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Hey FM-I was hoping someone would drop by and clear that up cause I don't have a dart but I thought they worked well for runny oils being a revamped AVA. Somewhat off topic but how do you like the ether compared to other solvents I have a friend of a friend that uses it and perfers it to others....

Menz qwiso can be hard or shatter like it just needs to be processed right

Puffers,

NewVape

What a guy!
Just got my eGo Twist in the mail today. Looking forward to trying it with the Dart. Maybe it'll come out of retirement.

NewVape,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
Puffers,

PET Ether is a bit dangerous.. I rarely use it for extracts these days. But it's very, very aggressive and very fast to dry (a good thing). Very "clean" to use. Too long a shake and you get too much plant esters and wax. For me the advantage is being able to take an ounce vial and extract the contents by shaking for a few seconds. Then pour it out in a pxrex dish and it's ready to use in about 15 minutes, depending on humidity and temperature. That way I can pick what flowers I want to convert to hash as I have a sample batch. It can also be used for "thinning" oil for post processing, it evaporates out fast.

The only reason I still occasionally use it is I have it around for chromatography preps. You have to sign a form just to buy it. I like it more than alcohols (alcohol draws more unwanted water from the air) but it's dangers usually have me telling people to avoid it. It's extremely good for washes and more tolerant of the things that make alcohol extracts turn out badly. Never use or even store it inside.

Where it really shines is as a post processing solvent for refining "dirty" oils by filtering, centrifuging or even turning bad bubble hash into really good oil. It's "stronger" than alcohol but doesn't have the problematic water in it. (a plus for not stripping out black and green chlorophyll junk into your flowers like ISO does.) It also has a tendency to make a harder, super glassy shatter. If you are going to try it, chill it first to cut down on escaping vapors and please respect ether for what it is: liquid explosive.

Fully Melted,
Reactions: Puffers

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
If you can wait and have the cash to spend (~$300), you can get the ThermoVape Cera Essential Oils vaporizer. The thing is made with medical-grade ceramic, all-ceramic vapor path, and gives hits like crazy. The price is high compared to other "pen-vapes" but the quality above and beyond, IMO.

true but the Cera is certainly not pen sized and most certainly not stealth and i do believe jhpfunk was looking for those two qualities.

and since you dont recommend QWISO in the DART for us non MMJ people who don't have access to dispensary-quality stuff like some and can only make their own and QWISO being the most accessible.... what would you recommend for portability and usage of QWISO??

mmenzie,

kato1234

Just got my eGo Twist in the mail today. Looking forward to trying it with the Dart. Maybe it'll come out of retirement.
I have had my Dart for a while now and had only used it with the Ultra. Found it worked well as long as the battery was up to charge. I also use e-cigs and got a Twist last month. Works great with the Dart. Only thing I would advise is don't go too high on the voltage unless you want combustion and possible damage to your Dart. I think Thermovape listed the Dart as 4.2 volts max LV model. Now that TV have brought out the Cera and are selling off their old stock, parts will probably be hard to come by. I hope they come up with a smaller model of the Cera. It's much too big for me. The Ultra is just right for me.

kato1234,

mmenzie

anyone know how long a DART can be dry fired before burning it out?? seriously... i am not trying to damage my DART but if i put something in it i would like to know how long i can hold the button before it could "possibly" burn out. i am asking this cause i know if i fire my ego-c atomizer dry for more than like 3 or 4 seconds the atty will burn out. i don't want my inexperience with the DART to cause it to burn out

mmenzie,

kato1234

Not an expert, but any atty will burn out with time. How long will depend on the power being put into it and the quality of the atty. The thermovape attys are top quality. I avoid dry burning my revolution as I see no reason to and feel this could shorten it's life. If you are doing it to clean a good boil or soaking is iso seem to work well. If you are referring to using it and either the waiting for the product to melt down or running out of product, there is still a bit in there even when you aren't really getting any more vapor and so I don't think this harms it. It takes about 12 secs for the product I am using to melt down. My experience is that when I stop getting vapor it's either dry or the battery needs changing. I decide which it is by feeling it if it's hot it need product if it's not change the battery. I recently flooded my revolution by over adding so now I've been using it for a while without adding. Only reason I noticed was airflow became restricted. If there are people out there that have burned out Thermovape product I would be interested in hearing about what happened. I don't want to burn out mine either because they are going to be hard to replace

kato1234,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I think the heaters are realllllllly hard to burn out i think OF said of thousands they put out less then 10 actually had bad heaters and most were due to abuse apparently i think as long as you are using it normally as advised it should last a good while.

Harperrn

I also use e-cigs and got a Twist last month. Works great with the Dart. Only thing I would advise is don't go too high on the voltage unless you want combustion and possible damage to your Dart.

Really excited because this is the exact combo i went with. I ordered both the ego-twist and the LV dart and im waiting for them to arrive in the mail as well. After soooo much research and forum reading/video review watching im almost positive that this setup will be ideal for what i was looking for:
-a long lasting cart made with no harmful materials
-the easiest loading/handling mechanism for wax/butter of ANY concentrate device on the market
-a much cheaper yet possibly more reliable battery that allows me to dial in the exact volts i need
-looks like an e-cig

so overall i expect this thing to preform/look better than the ultra with a dart upgrade ($140) and for roughly half the overall cost ($70)

Thanks again everyone!

Harperrn,

mmenzie

did u get to try the lv dart with ego-twist yet?any results?does it work?

not sure about the twist but i just started using my new LV Dart on my EGO "upgrade" battery (two voltage modes 3.7 and 4.1) which came out before the twist and i have to say it works really well!! i would only assume it would be better on the twist

mmenzie,

Edward Hyde

how many mah would be a good ego twist?

EDIT: any link from where i can order the DART? anything else tha tu need for this setup to work?

battery+ dart thats all?

Edward Hyde,

Spliff

Nothing clever to say......
Any "mah" will do, but the higher the number the longer the battery life before recharge, and bigger (in this case it's longer) the physical size.

Dart plus battery = you medicated. (Cleaner the oil, the better in all regards)
That is all

Spliff,

Edward Hyde

did anyone see the sticky wax burner?i think it might be what this thread is looking for...

Edward Hyde,

Edward Hyde

its in the portable vaporizer candidates thread...someone said its like the dart and costs like 40 usd or something...

Edward Hyde,
its in the portable vaporizer candidates thread...someone said its like the dart and costs like 40 usd or something...
Ah I assumed the cartridges were like Boge or Kanger.
You can buy the atty for $14.99 for a two pack. I'm not hopeful about the materials used, but I may give it a try.

At that price though, I'd say its not like the DART. At least not in the sense that the DARY is supposed to be a longterm piece.

Edward Hyde

ye dunno didnt have the dart.but if this thing works i'd give 40$ to it even if it could keep going just for 6 months...

Edward Hyde,
ye dunno didnt have the dart.but if this thing works i'd give 40$ to it even if it could keep going just for 6 months...

The battery looks pretty shite. You'd be better off buying the carts and a decent battey - at least an Ego Twist. Would probably cost you around the same too.

kingofnull,
Top Bottom