PD-Worth the wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rklevy

bluntfaced said:
Wow this thread is ridiculous. Obviously it's worth it to some and not to others...

You need to ask if it's worth it to you
If you thought this thread is "ridiculous" then I have to ask why you actually opened up the "ridiculous" thread and then responded to the "ridiculous" thread? Wouldn't your time have been better served if you had just moved on to the next thread? The idea of internet forums is so that people with like minded interests can share their opinions with each other. Having started thisi thread I have reached a couple of conclusions. 1: every one who has waited for their PD seems to feel the wait was worth is, and 2: if I don't want to wait the Myrtlezap seems to do the job just as well. Those are two things I wouldn't have known if the very kind people who responded to my "ridiculous" thread had not taken the time to write. (and I appreciate all of you who did). My advice to you is simple' If you see a thread you do not like, maybe just move right along to one you do like...

rklevy,

Purple-Days

With a total of 6 posts, you might be the best person here to tell folks how to behave. NO, the PD is not worth your waiting on it. :2c:

Purple-Days,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
He said he had a 200 dollar cap though. It would be close if he had a bong already but if he had to buy one it would be more than that...

minnesnowta,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
lwien said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Nothing you buy is worth a 9 week wait.
In your opinion, Moe, but there are those that will wait a helluva lot longer than 9 weeks for a product that is totally hand made, and that not only goes for vapes but other products as well.
Right, lwien - the guy was clearly asking for opinions so I felt I had a right to give mine. ;)

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Beezleb said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Nothing you buy is worth a 9 week wait. Go with the Myrtlezap instead. Once the PD becomes made in a reasonable time it might be worth it, it sounds like a great product. But life is too short to wait 9 weeks for a vape.
dont forget, you took about 9 months hehe.
Right! I thought about some things I have waited for in life, that were worth the wait... But, I did say "Nothing you buy..."

Even then, it totally depends on the person. It's worth it to some and not to others.

I think what the OP was really asking is, "Is it such a GREAT vape that it is worth a long wait?" And apparently, judging by the reviews on this forum, the answer would be YES, to most of those who have bought it and come here to talk about it.

But some of us just aren't good at waiting.

So I'll amend my answer: "If you're really really good at waiting, then it probably is worth the wait. If you're really bad at waiting, then it may not be worth it to you."

MoeOnTheMoon,

Beezleb

Moe,

Of course that will come down to a personal opinion but one that can be relatively calculated in advance. If you would simply explain "why" you feel the vaporizer is not worth the wait.

Only by understanding a wider view point can one truly understand the vape and that takes far more than just one view point. I have no problem stating my issues when I have one, regardless of public opinion and popularity of my view, but I do explain it and let the merits of my words stand on their own and let it up the readers to determine for themselves.

Happy Vaping!

Beezleb,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
To me, they appear to be essentially the same unit, except that the MZ has some brass, is a little cheaper, and has no wait time.

I feel the question you need to ask is: "Does the brass scare me?" For many, it does. For others, not so much. I own a PD, but did not know of the MZ. As a former Proto pipe owner, if brass fucks your lungs, mine are as fucked as they can be. I think I would have bought a MZ, and still may, as I tend to be a bit obsessive with my vapor toys.

macbill,

rklevy

Purple-Days said:
With a total of 6 posts, you might be the best person here to tell folks how to behave. NO, the PD is not worth your waiting on it. :2c:
Amazing reply. Here's what I E-mailed to the inventor of the PD this morning...

Are you saying you took offense to my post? I simply wanted objective opinions on how people felt about your product. It doesn't matter if I had one post or a million; I have every right to say how I feel. I never once bad mouthed your product at all. If you are offended that a consumer questions the build time on your product that is a YOU problem. YOU should increase production, hire more people, learn proper business skills and grow a thicker skin. Or better yet; become a salesman for Myrtlezap, because you just sold me on that Vaporizer...

I look forward to my new Myrtllezap. Thanks to all who helped me decide. I was going to order the PD, but will not now...

rklevy,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
my views on whether or not you want a MZ vs a PD all depends on your use. If your the kind of person who only does one tube at a time there is no difference between the two. If you a more of a heavy user the PD is a better bet, it has a better reaction time in returning back too optimal heat after taking a hit. With MZ you have too wait a tiny bit longer than the PD between hits.
so for me that is the big difference between the two. If I used the vape less I would go for the MZ. But I am a heavy user so I prefer the PD. And yes, I have used both.
So for me the wait was worth it.
and as far as waiting time... too other people it wouldnt be an issue. it is only a matter of seconds. I just happen too have the habit of hitting the PD a few seconds after I exhale. With the MZ this habit can lead too slight disappointment

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

One other difference between these two vapes besides the use of brass and the heat up time between hits, is the length of their warranty. The PD's warranty is 12 times as long. That being said, there's really not much to go wrong with either of them.

In my opinion, for those that want a really want an efficient vape but cannot deal with the waiting period, the Zap would be a fine alternative but if you can deal with the waiting period, the PD would be a better choice. Again, my opinion only.

lwien,

Rick

Zapman
Just want to remind everyone the AZ/MZ is made by only two people and has been since 2001. We also continue to handle all customer service and shipping, as always.

As for recovery time between pulls stated above, have we seen that in an objective test of the two units? We can pull and pull and pull off our units to the point of wasting good vapor. Why is that such a great thing?
rklevy
Thanks for the posts you have made. Welcome to the FC world. You and others are finding(as we all know) there is much more to making a successful business than just the product itself.
And if any want to go back to the lead issue, read one of the latest posts on the AZ/MZ thread for some more enlightenment. Please take into consideration he is a new FC member with only a couple of posts though.
Our wait times are back to normal now BTW. About a week. We were up to about ten days to 2 weeks for awhile there but have caught up.

Rick,

reece

Purple-Days said:
This is a curious reply. He wasn't out of line in his answer to bluntfaced. He didn't even get sarcastic (like I do sometimes). How is his post count relevant? He stated his opinion about why he felt the thread wasn't ridiculous. It is just unclear as to how his reply to bluntfaced provoked such a response from you.

I learned something a long time ago working in fine dining at a restaurant of world renown (has numerous James Beard Foundation Awards). If a customer has a good experience, he/she will tell 3 to 5 people. If they had a bad experience, they will tell 10 or more.

Just to clarify, I'm not telling you how to behave. Just words to the wise.

As for recovery time. I've never had a problem getting a hit when I wanted one, regardless of time between hits. Now, I haven't tried to purposefully waste vapor just to gauge recovery. I can't afford to be that wasteful.

reece,

VapoFish

reece said:
As for recovery time. I've never had a problem getting a hit when I wanted one, regardless of time between hits.
I echo reece. I echo reece. reece. ree..

(sorry, baked again) :brow:

Anyway, yep. Seems like my MyrtleZAP is always ready, any time ... and I mean ANY time I am. No waiting between draws. Ever.

:peace:

VapoFish,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom