PD-Worth the wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rklevy

I am wondering if the PD is worth the 9 week wait? I have a LB, which is good except for the battery issue. A friend let me try his Hotbox, and I really liked the fact that the hit was stronger and the herb was tastier. So I am ready to move up. I read that the PD seems to be the top for the budget I am looking for (a $200 CAP). But is it really worth the long order time? a 9 week wait seems really long. I am looking for a great Vape to use 3-4 times a week. Just for the wife and I, not a party Vape at all. I like a clean, tasty, full hit. Is the PD that much better than say the Buddah? Or something simliar? If I don't want to wait, or if it's not worth the wait, what do you recommend?

rklevy,

Cr8z13

I've been contemplating whether the PD is worth the wait as well. The Purple-Days sounds awesome but waiting purple months to get it just isn't an option for me so yesterday I ordered a MyrtleZap instead, which is very similar to the PD. I should be receiving it within a week so I'll try to let you know how it turned out once I get it. For the record, I may end up ordering a PD anyway at some point. At least I'll have the MZ to keep me warm at night during the long wait.

Cr8z13,

VapoFish

rklevy, I asked myself the same question ... and like Cr8z13 I bought a MyrtleZap. I love it. Delivers rich, tasty hits and is perfect (just like the PD) for one or two people. :2c:

VapoFish,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
rklevy said:
Is the PD that much better than say the Buddah? Or something simliar? If I don't want to wait, or if it's not worth the wait, what do you recommend?
I think I must be the only one who doesn't think the PD is the beez kneez. Don't believe the hype...

DeepFried,

rklevy

Cr8z13 said:
I've been contemplating whether the PD is worth the wait as well. The Purple-Days sounds awesome but waiting purple months to get it just isn't an option for me so yesterday I ordered a MyrtleZap instead, which is very similar to the PD. I should be receiving it within a week so I'll try to let you know how it turned out once I get it. For the record, I may end up ordering a PD anyway at some point. At least I'll have the MZ to keep me warm at night during the long wait.
Ok I really look forward to what you think about the Myrtlezap. I seem to be leaning in that direction...

rklevy,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
I really like my PD. Ive only had it just over a month or two. It feels like i've had it forever and couldn't even imagine not having it now.

Happycamper,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I also love my PD so much I just ordered a 2nd one. It it very efficient and I love it. I am not saying it's the best thing out there, there are so many different ways to vape. If you like bags or bongs there is nothing wrong with that. I think the PD niche is more based on efficiency, the ease of use/care, quality materials and workmanship (NOT saying other vapes are better/worse).

If you are looking for giant ass bong hits you might hate the PD. If you want to get really nice hits/highs from tiny amounts of herb - the PD is spot on!

Hell I'm still considering a glass something or other to add to my collection... Leaning toward VHW as I think it would be a VERY different experience than the PD but I wouldn't be able to pull it out all the time. The PD is ready and I can snag a tube without a moments notice.

I also have tried both the MZ and the PD. I prefer the PD but the MZ is a similar functioning vape. I found the PD to produce better hits/highs with I 'think' a quicker recovery time...more heat or something. It is a personal preference maybe but that is what I concluded :2c:

Lo,

FEAR420

DeepFried said:
rklevy said:
Is the PD that much better than say the Buddah? Or something simliar? If I don't want to wait, or if it's not worth the wait, what do you recommend?
I think I must be the only one who doesn't think the PD is the beez kneez. Don't believe the hype...
Nah,not at all.I totally agree with you also.PD seems to be the heavy bias here... I personally have no interest in it whatsoever & the 7+ week wait time is absurd.

FEAR420,

reece

DeepFried said:
rklevy said:
For some, the PD is the perfect vape. But it depends on the user's preference. I own a MyrtleZap, the PD is similar to the Zap, and it is perfect for my home needs. It hides in plain sight. Uses very little electricity. It is also an essential oil diffuser. I don't need a party vape. I mostly vape alone, and with one other on the very rare occasion. It arrived about a week after I ordered it. Another big plus for me was they do not all look the same.

rklevy, research the PD and the Zap threads (and other vape threads for that matter). Take your time because it sucks to get a vape that looks good on paper (i.e. those that post about it love it) but isn't the right vape for you. That is what you want.

When I first saw the PD I thought it was a vaporizer that I had no use for. I didn't get it until I read the thread and understood its function better. When I learned it used small amounts very efficiently and didn't need to be put away when not in use, I was converted. But, I didn't care much for the look of the cherry wood. Although there are differences, most units looked too similar for my tastes. Then I saw some of the exotic wood PDs. Unique! Great! No longer available.

Then I saw the MyrtleZaps. It seemed to have all of the pluses of the PD without the minuses. So I bought one and I am completely satisfied with my purchase. And it is the beez kneez for me. But so is my Launch Box, and my Iolite, and my Supreme.

But, that doesn't mean it will be the same for you. You've got to figure out what is best for you. Hopefully you can figure that out without spending much money on vapes that aren't right for you.

Good luck.

reece,

VapoFish

reece said:
Then I saw the MyrtleZaps. It seemed to have all of the pluses of the PD without the minuses. So I bought one and I am completely satisfied with my purchase.
^ Yep. :D

VapoFish,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
A vaporizer is like an investment to me. If I have to wait a little longer or pay a little more money, I'll do it if I'll like it more. No need to settle for any less than the best.

Pseudonymous,

Frickr

i got a pd when the wait list was only a week. after having it and having it stolen, i knew i wouldnt be satisfied if i didnt purchas another one before i got any other vape. i bought a vape genie, and wasnt happy with it compaired to the pd at all.

personally i think the wait time is well justified. to much in our society is based around the "right now" mood. people have gotten spoiled by instant gratification. sometimes the slow things are better. sit back, it will be in your hands before you know it, you just have to be patient. and when you do have it, you will appriciate the path that this little piece of wood has taken. not so much can be said about some of the other vapes being produced right now. a little love can go a long ways.

Frickr,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
lo said:
I also love my PD so much I just ordered a 2nd one. It it very efficient and I love it. I am not saying it's the best thing out there, there are so many different ways to vape. If you like bags or bongs there is nothing wrong with that. I think the PD niche is more based on efficiency, the ease of use/care, quality materials and workmanship (NOT saying other vapes are better/worse).

If you are looking for giant ass bong hits you might hate the PD. If you want to get really nice hits/highs from tiny amounts of herb - the PD is spot on!

Hell I'm still considering a glass something or other to add to my collection... Leaning toward VHW as I think it would be a VERY different experience than the PD but I wouldn't be able to pull it out all the time. The PD is ready and I can snag a tube without a moments notice.

I also have tried both the MZ and the PD. I prefer the PD but the MZ is a similar functioning vape. I found the PD to produce better hits/highs with I 'think' a quicker recovery time...more heat or something. It is a personal preference maybe but that is what I concluded :2c:
you Miss are 100% correct. The pd is used for efficency that's what it's really good at. It's not the tastiest vapor around and you can't really get huge bong rips or anything off of it. The taste is not bad by any means so don't take that the wrong way the heat wand is in a whole different class so I'm spoiled. I have that for when I want to fly to the moon so to speak and cloud up a nice bong. It also uses alot more but alot more can use it. Two people with the pd is perfect though. Even 3 works. I end up handin out stems and passin a grider and the pd around right after the xbox controller moves (pretty much all I do in my freetime).
Now is it worth a wait? I honestly don't think I could function without mine anymore. I'd wait. You gotta remember that one guy is handmaking everything. It's going to take time.

minnesnowta,

Beezleb

Most people who get one who speak here tend to use it regularly even when they have other vaporizers. It all comes down well you match with it. If you understand the vaporizer and feel that meets your needs than I believe it will be worth the wait.

Their is also the myrtlezap which does not have that wait and is similar to identical depending in the reviews in operation and efficient use with small amounts compared to the other types of desktop type of vaporizer. I believe it is a bit less in cost as well but I recommend reading all about and decide for yourself based on your views and needs.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
FEAR420 said:
the 7+ week wait time is absurd.
Why? The build time is known. It's also known how many people are involved in building one. Only so many can be built per day/week and still provide enough time to eat, sleep, etc. It's simple math. Apparently you're unaware of some of these facts. Anything hand made made by few people, where build time is long and demand is high, will have a wait time.

max,

FEAR420

max said:
FEAR420 said:
the 7+ week wait time is absurd.
Why? The build time is known. It's also known how many people are involved in building one. Only so many can be built per day/week and still provide enough time to eat, sleep, etc. It's simple math. Apparently you're unaware of some of these facts. Anything hand made made by few people, where build time is long and demand is high, will have a wait time.
Oh I know its only one guy & his wife doing it. Unfortunately Im one of those "I want it yesterday" types of people and just cant wait 7 weeks for a PD.Im not knocking the guy or his business/vape...I just personally cant wait that long.

FEAR420,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I am glad I waited for it and I'm happy to be on the wait list again. TOTALLY worth the wait for me and being handcrafted takes time...

I think good things are worth waiting :D

you sir are 100% correct.
Thank you Minnesnowta.... I'm actually a dudette ;)

Lo,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Nothing you buy is worth a 9 week wait. Go with the Myrtlezap instead. Once the PD becomes made in a reasonable time it might be worth it, it sounds like a great product. But life is too short to wait 9 weeks for a vape.

MoeOnTheMoon,

lwien

MoeOnTheMoon said:
Nothing you buy is worth a 9 week wait.
In your opinion, Moe, but there are those that will wait a helluva lot longer than 9 weeks for a product that is totally hand made, and that not only goes for vapes but other products as well.

lwien,

Beezleb

MoeOnTheMoon said:
Nothing you buy is worth a 9 week wait. Go with the Myrtlezap instead. Once the PD becomes made in a reasonable time it might be worth it, it sounds like a great product. But life is too short to wait 9 weeks for a vape.
dont forget, you took about 9 months hehe.

Beezleb,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Wow this thread is ridiculous. Obviously it's worth it to some and not to others...

You need to ask if it's worth it to you

bluntfaced,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom