PD vs. MZ a Krazy Function Comparison.

reece

IAmKrazy2 said:
I actually feel like there is even a break-in period beyond that of a week. At one point, i would hit my PD with a beer coozie on, almost all the time. This probably only lasted two weeks, and probably started after I had my PD for a little more then a week. The hits seemed more dense, and I was able to get another full hit out of the real good stuff. All of a sudden, it was too much to have the coozie. I could tell by taste the vape had gone to a temp a little to high for my personal liking.
It's funny you say this. Just two nights ago I was using a koozie and I had the same reaction. I never used the koozie constantly. Only on some nights when I wanted a more stoney feeling (and some days ;) ). But the other night it just seemed too close to smoke for me. Thanks for the answer. I know it will take some time for a full review.

reece,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
lwien said:
About 12........... ;)
That's exactly why I am looking at the PD and MZ. I got out my old gram scale today and measured out how much I had been smoking per day in my water pipe. I can only accurately measure down to .02 g so I measured that out and so I could see that I was getting 3 hits out of that with my water pipe (smoking). So I was smoking about .006g a day! :o

That means, that since I got my vapor genie my level of intake has probably gone up about double or triple from what I was smoking in my water pipe. Though admittedly I'm getting higher.

Part of vaping more is because I am "experimenting" and getting the hang of the VG. But that's also why I am considering getting an MZ - to be able to vaporize these very tiny amounts. Honestly, I'm sure my tolerance will go up, but right now, vaping more than .02 a day is too much for me, I feel "too high" with that. ;)

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
lwien said:
My efficiency doubled when I went from my Genie to the PD.
That's good to know lwien! Like I say, part of the problem is that I'm still learning to get the Genie down just right.

MoeOnTheMoon,

pollykok

The PD isn't magically more efficient at vaporizing than any other vaporizer. It just seems marginally better because you use less at a time, at a very efficient set temperature, with a low amount of condensation.

Take those efficient settings and multiply it by the PD's crazed internet hype and you get the perceived level of efficiency that most users experience.

This level of efficiency is very achievable by other vaporizers.

pollykok,

lwien

pollykok said:
The PD isn't magically more efficient at vaporizing than any other vaporizer. It just seems marginally better because you use less at a time, at a very efficient set temperature, with a low amount of condensation.

Take those efficient settings and multiply it by the PD's crazed internet hype and you get the perceived level of efficiency that most users experience.

A few other things that contribute to it's efficiency. Very small bowl which accomplishes a few things. One, is that you get very thorough vaporization because of the small amount of bud that the hot air needs to activate. Secondly, is that being that you are using such a small amount, it's much easier to monitor how high you are getting and adjust your intake accordingly. That along with the low amount of condensation and a set temp is what helps the efficiency of the PD as compared to other vapes. but I do think the biggest thing that helps the efficiency as compared to other vapes is that with the larger bowl of other vapes, it just isn't very satisfying to only load 0.025g. Hell, in most other vapes, that's barely enough to cover the screen, and if you can't at least cover the screen, funny things happen when you try to vape. Not so with the PD.

I know if I had a SSV or a 'Cano or a VB, the last thing that I would want to do is to load up the bowl with only 0.025g. Hell, I tried doing that with my Iolite, and it was not satisfying at all.

Be that as it may, Pollykok, considering your posts regarding the dangers of brass, and now considering the challenging flavor of this thread, I'm beginning to wonder what your true intentions are here for it seems that your main intentions here is to stir up debate. Not a problem 'cause I do that all the time, but.........I also try to provide a lot of valuable input. Just sayin'....................

Edit: btw, all of the above regarding the PD would hold true for the MZ as well.

lwien,

pollykok

lwien said:
pollykok said:

A few other things that contribute to it's efficiency. Very small bowl which accomplishes a few things. One, is that you get very thorough vaporization because of the small amount of bud that the hot air needs to activate. Secondly, is that being that you are using such a small amount, it's much easier to monitor how high you are getting and adjust your intake accordingly. That along with the low amount of condensation and a set temp is what helps the efficiency of the PD as compared to other vapes. but I do think the biggest thing that helps the efficiency as compared to other vapes is that with the larger bowl of other vapes, it just isn't very satisfying to only load 0.025g. Hell, in most other vapes, that's barely enough to cover the screen, and if you can't at least cover the screen, funny things happen when you try to vape. Not so with the PD.

I know if I had a SSV or a 'Cano or a VB, the last thing that I would want to do is to load up the bowl with only 0.025g. Hell, I tried doing that with my Iolite, and it was not satisfying at all.

Be that as it may, Pollykok, considering your posts regarding the dangers of brass, and now considering the challenging flavor of this thread, I'm beginning to wonder what your true intentions are here for it seems that your main intentions here is to stir up debate. Not a problem 'cause I do that all the time, but.........I also try to provide a lot of valuable input. Just sayin'....................

Edit: btw, all of the above regarding the PD would hold true for the MZ as well.
Thanks for your post, and I do agree with your points.

I'm trying to let out some truth because I realize that with the large number of fanatical posts here concerning some products people might get confused and get the wrong idea. And in that sense my input is valuable to the community.

The large amount of unbridled praise biased towards certain items, and not others, may cause the more vulnerable users to neglect their critical thinking skills and form biased viewpoints, perhaps influencing their purchasing decisions in unfavorable ways.

Oh yes, and as an example of the EXTREME BIAS in this forum, if I made a completely well constructed and factual post outlining the reasons why the PD is without a doubt not the godly be all end all vaporizer that it is portrayed as, rather just another option, how fast do you think it would be locked or deleted or moved?

I'm guessing it would be gone within the hour of posting, where if the same post was made about any other product it would be discussed and entertained by the forum.

pollykok,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks Beez, I really like my collection too. Always have enjoyed your incite in posts.

Don't need to add anything else to my collection but for some reason have always wanted DBV or SSV. Beyond that or trying the zephor zion (spelling?) or getting like 10 more PD's..... what else is there? Vaporizing variety in my house is swell.

Back on topic. I have been using the MZ with a coozie on it since i got out of work. I am 5 or 6 stems deep. Mostly Strawberry Cough, but also this mystery stuff that is out of this world. The best I have seen in a long time. I left the coozie on for the 11 hours or so i was gone today working (something i would usually never do). I do like it. Hits are much closer to that of the PD with the coozie assisting the MZ. Taste is still good, but not as clean as that of the PD. Close, but a slightly noticeable downgrade in what i will label as "strength of taste". So taste me be as good, but not as powerful if that makes any sense. My newest prediction, function will become very close to that of the PD after a couple weeks. Why do i think this? Who knows i have nothing to back it up, but it is producing similar vapor amounts as when i first received my PD. I am planning on writing my updated review in my first post around the end of the week. But as i think i stated somewhere above, i will not be fully satisfied till the MZ has ran straight for a month or longer. That will give me a true idea.

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor

Firstly, I disagree because PD's are magical.
This level of efficiency is very achievable by other vaporizers? I have tried quiet a few, and know that I can not load a PD sized bowl, and get a PD high. If i have super good stuff, one bowl will buzz me out of the PD. I could take that exact same amount and trying doing an elbow pack in my Extreme and would end up with one hit, decent sized, not a cloud. LB? Nope. Not even enough a vape throughout. But the LB is close. VHW? No way. Volcano? Nope. So i guess i respectfully disagree, as I have tried many other vapes, and have attempted to load that little amount in all of them except maybe the volcano and VHW, but i am certain an amount that small would not be very effective in either IMO.

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

Yup. Every time I empty out the bowl, I still go WTF? every once in awhile. And I've had my PD for almost a year. It really amazes me how high I can get off of so little.

lwien,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
I used a Volcano at a dispensary so the bud-tender loaded it for me. I told him I used very small doses and he said that the volcano would not work well with super small doses. He required that I put what was about 4 times my average dose into it, which would make it about .08 gram. I got 4 good hits off of it but did not get nearly as high as with the vapor genie at home with only .02 loaded into it.

So I can say for sure that my experience with the volcano - based on an expert's operating it for me - was that it was not very efficient. So when pollykok says "This level of efficiency is very achievable by other vaporizers", I think we can exclude the Volcano from that statement.

MoeOnTheMoon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
2 things pollykok...

1 -- You said "This level of efficiency is very achievable by other vaporizers". And you said this "The large amount of unbridled praise biased towards certain items, and not others, may cause the more vulnerable users to neglect their critical thinking skills and form biased viewpoints, perhaps influencing their purchasing decisions in unfavorable ways." While I appreciate your concern for the fickle masses and your ability to help them with one simple post, you need to hold your statements to the same standard. If you can't back up the first statement with facts from experience (like MoeOnTheMoon just did with the Volcano), then you are violating your second statement. What comparisons have you done to be able to make such a claim? If you have done some comparisons then please share them and enlighten us. Otherwise you are throwing out theories as tested facts, which may cause the more vulnerable users to neglect their critical thinking skills and form biased viewpoints, perhaps influencing their purchasing decisions in unfavorable ways.

2 -- You also said "Oh yes, and as an example of the EXTREME BIAS in this forum, if I made a completely well constructed and factual post outlining the reasons why the PD is without a doubt not the godly be all end all vaporizer that it is portrayed as, rather just another option, how fast do you think it would be locked or deleted or moved?" However, you have misread the forum's intentions. I, for one, would welcome such a post by you, as it would be so much more helpful to the more venerable users than your current post. The problem is, threads and posts like that have been done ad nauseum, and all they do is bring up the same stupid argument. The administration here does not squelch such conversations as a defense to the PD, but because its an old, broken conversation that we have been trying to extinguish for months now. Some members here can't have a conversation about the PD without getting out of control. Every time someone like you posts something like you did above, I just say to myself 'here we go again...', while cursing those posts.

I'll say it again, DO NOT MISTAKE THE ADMINISTRATION'S EFFORTS TO KEEP THINGS CIVILIZED AS AN ENDORSEMENT OF ANY VAPORIZER. I really thought a forum made up of pot users would be more relaxed on these types of issues.

stickstones,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
not to stir up more shit, but in pollykok's defense I think this is exactly what he/she was talking about. It does seem a bit like if anyone posts a negative statement about the PD they get jumped on right away. I would love to post my displeasure with my PD because I feel [again IMO] that it is definitely not the bowl of roses that it is made out to be and has many unappealing characteristics. But the reason I can never post them is because I will be told I am grinding the wrong consistency, pack too tight/too loose, sucking wrong, holding it wrong, didn't name it, have the old silver fins, the power to my house must be fucked up...

IAmKrazy2 who started this thread as an "unbiased" comparison has already stated "Firstly, I disagree because PD's are magical", this does not sound unbiased to me at all, am I alone here on this?

FYI, lwien I am not a troll and I am not going to start a shit slinging with you over negative PD statements, sorry. Let some other PD defenders take some shots at me... sheesh

DeepFried,

max

Out to lunch
pollykok said:
I'm trying to let out some truth because I realize that with the large number of fanatical posts here concerning some products people might get confused and get the wrong idea. And in that sense my input is valuable to the community.
The "truth" that you seem to think that only you can bring to this poor, misguided, mismanaged forum is already there. Apparently you're just not willing to read anything except that which supports your position.

Oh yes, and as an example of the EXTREME BIAS in this forum, if I made a completely well constructed and factual post outlining the reasons why the PD is without a doubt not the godly be all end all vaporizer that it is portrayed as, rather just another option, how fast do you think it would be locked or deleted or moved?
The fact that you haven't done much reading here is evident. Many posters, myself included, have stated that the PD does a first class job of filling a niche in the market, but obviously isn't the answer to everyone's needs and wants. The first part of the Purple-Days Experience thread is full of comments about how the Pd is a complementary vape to big hitting whip vapes. My first post in the thread (#10) comments on this-

max said:
Speaking of my 3 month old SSV, I haven't stopped using it, and don't intend to, but I'm using it less. I still love the big Surfer hits, but the PD is a nice contrast.
DeepFried said:
It does seem a bit like if anyone posts a negative statement about the PD they get jumped on right away.
Make all the negative comments you like, and if you get jumped on right away, then jump back in and state your case. I don't see anyone deleting the negative PD posts here, and members are free to state their opinions. We're not going to tolerate bad behavior, but as long as opinions are stated in a respectful manner and can be supported, they're allowed. You're not likely to get away with saying a particular vape sucks if you haven't used it, but that'll just be others calling you out as they would on any forum. If I said the new Zephyr Ion vape isn't worth the money even though I haven't used it, I'd expect some people to call me on it. I'd be slamming a vape I haven't tried, and whether it's worth the money or not is up to the individual. It's a subjective evaluation, not an objective one.

max,

Rick

Zapman
I will tell you I sure have learned alot here on FC. Mainly how many different types and sizes of vapes are available now days. When we first started, I chocked up a shit pile of them and went to Seattle Hempfest (2001)for the big debut. Whoa boy!!!!! VAPOR?????? WTF is that? We want smoke. Sold one big fat goose egg. Total bust. Combustion folks sold out.
So vapor has come a long way in a short time and what a neat array of choices now. Super, knock you down pulls to light float me pulls. I love it. FC is where all the info is on vapor.

Also, I want to say as a PD competitor, I believe we have been treated plenty fairly. I have no complaints about the mods. Maybe some folks on each side get a bit crazy now and then but no biggee. One thing is for sure, just because we all like da herb, don't mean we all be mellow.

Rick,

reece

DeepFried said:
not to stir up more shit, but in pollykok's defense I think this is exactly what he/she was talking about. It does seem a bit like if anyone posts a negative statement about the PD they get jumped on right away. I would love to post my displeasure with my PD because I feel [again IMO] that it is definitely not the bowl of roses that it is made out to be and has many unappealing characteristics. But the reason I can never post them is because I will be told I am grinding the wrong consistency, pack too tight/too loose, sucking wrong, holding it wrong, didn't name it, have the old silver fins, the power to my house must be fucked up...

IAmKrazy2 who started this thread as an "unbiased" comparison has already stated "Firstly, I disagree because PD's are magical", this does not sound unbiased to me at all, am I alone here on this?

FYI, lwien I am not a troll and I am not going to start a shit slinging with you over negative PD statements, sorry. Let some other PD defenders take some shots at me... sheesh
I'll agree that some PD owners are a bit overzealous in their reactions. But I wouldn't consider advice on usage techniques to be inappropriate. And you should name it. Your parents named you, didn't they? ;)

And, I think Krazy was joking about the magical thing. I mean, everyone knows wood loses it's magic if it is kiln dried. That's magical properties 101.

reece,

lwien

DeepFried said:
Huh? Where did I call you a troll here, and where have I ever referenced any pd shit slinging from you in this thread? I'm confused.

What is kinda of amusing though is that Krazy hasn't even got to the really nitty gritty in this comparison yet, and already, this thread is getting a bit hostile and the hostility isn't even about the comparison.

lwien,

leozdad

DeepFried said:
Well DF i for one would love to hear your displeasures because as a PD owner i would like to know what some of the issues others have are. Personally, i am still in the experimenting phase of my use. You know, how fine do i grind, how dry is just right, koozie or not to koozie, how long do i wait between draws to allow for ample time for the heater to recover, you know, the little things. That is why i am following this thread so i can get others observations as i am sure others are watching for the same reason. So, please.... :peace:

leozdad,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DeepFried said:

If you think my post was in defense of the PD, then you need to read it again. There are a number of members on this site, and I think you are probably one of them, that has a perception problem with the management here. We will not close, move or delete threads or posts because they talk bad about the PD. We will do those things if they are rude or uncivil. You may have correctly detected some cynicism in my post because I take exception to pollykok's assertion that moderators will squelch non-PD talk.

And to further clarify, the other problem I have with pollykok's post is his statements about efficiency that have no apparent backing. If he can back it up, then my apologies. Until then, I will treat him like everyone else who has come here over the past 18 months and tried to state opinion or theory as fact. It was one of our biggest and earliest battles on this forum...keeping it factual.

stickstones,

VapoFish

Sticks - I think the mods have done an outstanding job. You've managed to create THE ONLINE RESOURCE for vapes - no easy task.

:2c:

VapoFish,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stickstones said:
If you think my post was in defense of the PD, then you need to read it again. There are a number of members on this site, and I think you are probably one of them, that has a perception problem with the management here.
Actually that could not be further from the truth and I apologize if my post made it seem like that. I am not sure what I have ever posted to lead you to that conclusion but my post in this thread was in reference to fellow members who in the past seem to pile on any one who voiced a negative opinion about the PD. For the record I think the mods here are more than fair and as VapoFish said do an outstanding job.

DeepFried,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Your post after mine defending pollykok is what lead me to that conclusion. You said "but in pollykok's defense I think this is exactly what he/she was talking about", referring to my response to him. I was responding to his unsupported efficiency claims and his accusations that the mods defend the PD, not to his commenting on the PD.

Thank you for the vote of confidence and for clearing up my misunderstanding of your post. Let's drop it and vape on!

stickstones,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
lwien said:

What is kinda of amusing though is that Krazy hasn't even got to the really nitty gritty in this comparison yet, and already, this thread is getting a bit hostile and the hostility isn't even about the comparison.
ROLF. :D

Yeah, and to the other poster, I think Krazy said "PD's are magical" because it was your word and he was merely being satirical in stating that in his opinion the PD does in fact do what it is said to do, in a somewhat amazing way. I took it that way, anyway. I don't THINK he really thinks it is "magical"...

Do you, Krazy?????
:o

MoeOnTheMoon,

reece

MoeOnTheMoon said:
Yeah, and to the other poster, I think Krazy said "PD's are magical" because it was your word and he was merely being satirical in stating that in his opinion the PD does in fact do what it is said to do, in a somewhat amazing way. I took it that way, anyway. I don't THINK he really thinks it is "magical"...

Do you, Krazy?????
:o
Whatever, dude. I guess you would say the Tooth Fairy isn't real either? Then why did my daughter get 5 bucks for a tooth the other day? No answer? I didn't think so. And while on this subject...5 dollars? I was lucky to get 50 cents, even luckier if it was in quarters instead of nickels.

Here's the ultimate test. Anyone with a PD and snowy climate can go out, make a snowman and place the PD in his hand. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

:)

reece,
Top Bottom