Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

satan

lucifer
So, I just bought a Pax from my coworker who found it after a show. (I work at a concert venue.) It cost me $100, but I still need to buy a charger. Does anyone think I made a bad decision? I loved the thing while it had charge, now I'm just sad that it's dead :C

satan,

Tweek

So, I just bought a Pax from my coworker who found it after a show. (I work at a concert venue.) It cost me $100, but I still need to buy a charger. Does anyone think I made a bad decision? I loved the thing while it had charge, now I'm just sad that it's dead :C

A bad decision buying someone else's lost property? Yeah bro. You guys should of turned that shit in.

satan

lucifer
A bad decision buying someone else's lost property? Yeah bro. You guys should of turned that shit in.
My boss would have for sure taken it. Plus, it was after the show while we were cleaning up and there was no one there from the concert. I would have returned it if I saw the rightful owner or if there was an address or anything, but all I retrieved was the unit. I talked to the office people the next day to see if anyone came in for a "blue glasses case" and apparently they did not.

satan,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

My boss would have for sure taken it. Plus, it was after the show while we were cleaning up and there was no one there from the concert. I would have returned it if I saw the rightful owner or if there was an address or anything, but all I retrieved was the unit. I talked to the office people the next day to see if anyone came in for a "blue glasses case" and apparently they did not.

Then pick up a charger from Ploom for $35 and you are set.

Tweek,

satan

lucifer
Then pick up a charger from Ploom for $35 and you are set.
Plannin' on it. Think I should pick up any other accessories from them while I'm at it? And do you think they will honor their 10 year warranty, regardless that I lack a Serial Number?

satan,

Tweek

Plannin' on it. Think I should pick up any other accessories from them while I'm at it? And do you think they will honor their 10 year warranty, regardless that I lack a Serial Number?

I don't know about the warranty, considering you found it, but all you can do is ask when and if you need a repair. I've only ever needed a charger when I lost my original one, can't think of anything else you would need. Get some cleaning supplies locally.

Tweek,

satan

lucifer
Thanks, I'll let you know how things go. I'm just bummin' that it's gonna cost me 40 with shipping and all that. That's why I asked your opinion on accessories because once you get 65$ worth of stuff it's free shipping, figured might as well go balls deep if I'm going to get one accessory.

Tweek

Yeah, I agree...if you want to spend the extra money, get a lid and some screens...easy to lose.

Tweek,

JoeMama

I know this has been discussed before but I seem to be having a lot of difficulty positioning the screen so that it sits or locks as it should. I clean my Pax every few days and have been perfecting my cleaning technique to the point where it has become routine. But it often takes me 5 or 10 minutes to fiddle with the screen to the point where it seems to be "locked" in the oven. If I don't spend a lot of time on this I will start using Pax and the screen invariably will move or shift and herb will get into the hole and travel up the mouthpiece which is a big hassle. I haven't yet been able to figure out the proper way of getting the screen to sit in the oven without spending maybe 10 minutes pushing it down in many different ways. I try and keep the screen above the hole elevated more than the opposite side but it is very difficult to get the screen to lock in this way. If anyone has a good way of getting the screen to lock or fit properly please let me know!

I believe I have figured the screen out...

First, the side of the chamber bottom with the hole in it is the side on which the screen does NOT sit flush with the chamber bottom. That is, the hole is not to be the side you press down at with whatever you're using to tap the screen down..

Second, when you place the screen, have it nearly seated properly and begin working with firm little pushed against the screen material BEGINNING at the side without the hole! So you press down the side that goes flush first. Then you "walk" your tapping/pressing instrument slowly across the screen... MOST IMPORTANT: You DECREASE the pressure downwards as you pass the mid-way point on the screen.
Otherwise, the screen will begin to pop up on the flush side.

And that's it. I have used a few screen replacements and each time it works well this way.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

You have a serial number. It's engraved next to the button that you see when you remove the mouthpiece.

pakalolo,

JoeMama

No, I can't. I see the same image when looking into my oven. There are notches on the edges of the screen that cause a sort of reflected optical illusion off the oven wall when the screen is in place.

OK my vote: There is no notching or indenting. It is an optical effect you can see ONLY when the screen is in, because the screen is indented and that indentation is reflected in the shiny chamber wall, and that's ALL!

BBrase

OK my vote: There is no notching or indenting. It is an optical effect you can see ONLY when the screen is in, because the screen is indented and that indentation is reflected in the shiny chamber wall, and that's ALL!
You are without a doubt right. I have seen a couple and my friend just placed an order there is no notch in the oven on either one of them. THe screen is slightly scalloped along side its edges. It matches with a slight crease in the oven wall.

BBrase,

paxxed

I loved my PAX.. and now sadly it has passed away and giving me constant blue lights.
And PAX wont fix it because im in australia.
Horrible day.

paxxed,
Reactions: Ganjaman

ecube

Hello FC members,
I've been lurking the past few days and decided to join and thank you guys for helping me pick the Pax. I like it a lot so far after 2 days of usage.

ecube,

DaWolfMan

Well i got my PAX on Wednesday and i have been loving it so far. This little guy is amazing. i thought it was not doing anything at first as i am used to smoking out of a pipe, so i did not feel the effect of the "Flowers" from the PAX like i do from my pipe. As i sat there debating on if i should pack a bowl in my pipe or not i felt it starting to creep up on me. This was a completely different feeling, the high slowly crept over me and was an amazing feeling compared to the pipe. THANK YOU to everyone that has posted these awesome reviews and tips here that have really helped me to enjoy the PAX the way it is meant to be enjoyed. THANK YOU to all the FC members that have contributed to this post.

KushKowboy

Oh....shit! I washed my pax in the washing machine:doh:

Washed some clothes last night, and unfortulatly left my pax in my pants pocket. Nearly had a panic attack as I was sure I killed it. I took the pax out of the wash and it looked rather ruff (both ends of the aluminum casing were beat up, and the guts seemed a little loose.)

I pressed the mouthpiece and nothing, no lights....I just new I killed it. Took it apart, cleaned it, and dropped it on the charger (even though I knew it was a bad Idea to charge it.) I only left it on the charger for maybe 10 seconds, picked it up, ejected the mouthpiece, and what to you know.....it lights up and the oven heats up!

So, I loaded the oven, and it still hits like a champ! Although the alluminum casing feels like its getting a little hot!

Should I be concerned about the extra heat? And, has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks.

Last edited:
KushKowboy,

paxxed

Washed some clothes last night, and unfortulatly left my pax in my pants pocket. Nearly had a panic attack as I was sure I killed it. I took the pax out of the wash and it looked rather ruff (both ends of the aluminum casing were beat up, and the guts seemed a little loose.)

I pressed the mouthpiece and nothing, no lights....I just new I killed it. Took it apart, cleaned it, and dropped it on the charger (even though I knew it was a bad Idea to charge it.) I only left it on the charger for maybe 10 seconds, picked it up, ejected the mouthpiece, and what to you know.....it lights up and the oven heats up!

So, I loaded the oven, and it still hits like a champ! Although the alluminum casing feels like its getting a little hot!

Should I be concerned about the extra heat? And, has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks.

Dear god please dont use it before getting it professionally checked out.
A battery good enough for a portable vaporizer will surely cause some damage if it were to blow right in your mouth...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/seen-at-11-exploding-cell-phones-pose-a-serious-danger/

original.jpg

explosions-iphone-02.jpg

73eafdefec8fdf84ea4961f86144a2f91.jpg

And surely this guys assembly skills are to be trusted with potentially your life.

trading-standards-officer-mohammed-tariq-with-seized-mobile-phone-chargers-681181555-142706.jpg

Last edited:
paxxed,

KushKowboy

Dear god please dont use it before getting it professionally checked out.
A battery good enough for a portable vaporizer will surely cause some damage if it were to blow right in your mouth...

Damn! I never even considered that! I killed my baby:(

KushKowboy,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.

Thanks.
someone else on here dropped one in a toilet and they honored a return, maybe you can just be honest and tell them you fucked up and left it in the wash, wouldn't doubt it if they sent you a new one for an exchange
theres 100% without a doubt notches on the oven

Mr.Krinkle,

KushKowboy

someone else on here dropped one in a toilet and they honored a return, maybe you can just be honest and tell them you fucked up and left it in the wash, wouldn't doubt it n a toilet and they honored a return, maybe you can just be honest and tell them you fucked up and left it in the wash, wouldn't doubt it if they sent you a new one for an exchange

someone else on here dropped one in a toilet and they honored a return, maybe you can just be honest and tell them you fucked up and left it in the wash, wouldn't doubt it if they sent you a new one for an exchange
Thanks. I did contact ploom. We'll see what they say. Keeping my fingers crossed.

KushKowboy,

unknownlegend

I believe I have figured the screen out...

First, the side of the chamber bottom with the hole in it is the side on which the screen does NOT sit flush with the chamber bottom. That is, the hole is not to be the side you press down at with whatever you're using to tap the screen down..

Second, when you place the screen, have it nearly seated properly and begin working with firm little pushed against the screen material BEGINNING at the side without the hole! So you press down the side that goes flush first. Then you "walk" your tapping/pressing instrument slowly across the screen... MOST IMPORTANT: You DECREASE the pressure downwards as you pass the mid-way point on the screen.
Otherwise, the screen will begin to pop up on the flush side.

And that's it. I have used a few screen replacements and each time it works well this way.

I hear you. Since my last post I've had better success at positioning the screen; I place it in and press down on the screen at the opposite end where the hole is and then very gently begin putting pressure on the middle and top end of the screen but very gently. It has worked well, however occasionally I still have problems when I put my Pax in my backpack and carry it to my car where I vape on the way home from work; the screen still moves and flips occasionally and I get herb in my mouth. I can live live with this though because the Pax is simply a great product overall considering everything it does.

unknownlegend,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.

Doubter here. I still don't see them, nor does anyone else I know.

Pax power!

This is the end of a pretty kicked oven on high.

Edit: I didn't realize that I had posted last and could have edited. Sorry mods. Feel free to merge as you see fit.

mod note: Thanks for noticing. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom