Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

exit

I'm getting lots of the temp light issue now though I feel my Pax is thoroughly clean. Haven't tried the lube yet (and not fond of the idea), but yet I gotta hold the mouthpiece super still and just so for the heater to actually warm up (and after warm it usually quits acting up so horribly).

I still haven't actually got the spring out to clean, though I've tried to follow the hints others have left, though I don't have the MFLB brush some have had success with.

Any last minute suggestions before calling Ploom? For this much money the on/off functionality shouldn't be this broke..

I don't have a pax yet so i am not in as much of a place to speak, but I noticed you mentioned you haven't even taken out the spring to clean it yet? Look at page 331. Look at the picture of how dirty the spring is. If you clean off the spring it and it works again let us know!

My whole purchase of a used Pax is a bet on hoping that keeping it 100% clean will keep it running well without needing to get replaced! :lol: Hope I don't lose it :rofl:

exit,

TommydCat

Sounds like a weekend project, as I don't want to rush things and will have to break out the spectacles to perform any precision work.

TommydCat,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I don't have a pax yet so i am not in as much of a place to speak, but I noticed you mentioned you haven't even taken out the spring to clean it yet? Look at page 331. Look at the picture of how dirty the spring is. If you clean off the spring it and it works again let us know!

My whole purchase of a used Pax is a bet on hoping that keeping it 100% clean will keep it running well without needing to get replaced! :lol: Hope I don't lose it :rofl:

I have never cleaned my spring,
Sounds like a weekend project, as I don't want to rush things and will have to break out the spectacles to perform any precision work.
Try heating the pax up and pushing air to the mouthpiece by blowing on the oven side, heat up a little alcohol in a dish and work it in where you normally would, sometimes just having it hot as apposed to room temp makes all the difference, I had to do this several times back to back after I smoked bubblehash out of one of mine, works fine now, but at the time I thought I had permanently broken it.
Also http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Water-P...853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232b0651fd This is just a 5-10 dollar adapter with a bit of hose on the end, exactly like one of my previous adapters, I wouldnt use one of these, its extremely flimsy and wobbles and teeters on top of the adapter (Theres nothing holding it upright other than that little rubber sleeve) AND you can make one for less than a third of the cost.

Mr.Krinkle,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Also http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Water-P...853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232b0651fd This is just a 5-10 dollar adapter with a bit of hose on the end, exactly like one of my previous adapters, I wouldnt use one of these, its extremely flimsy and wobbles and teeters on top of the adapter (Theres nothing holding it upright other than that little rubber sleeve) AND you can make one for less than a third of the cost.
damn i taught it was all glass until you pointed that out !!

francis,

rsqemt911

damn i taught it was all glass until you pointed that out !!

Yeah that's totally cheap. Not worth spending $$ on. Better off making tour own

I made one out of a mouthpiece stem and a WT-GonG adapter. Cost me $40 to make with the replacement mouthpiece the most expensive part.

rsqemt911,

BTBAM

Been happily Paxin' for about 6 months now, just wanted to chime in on a few things.

The spring cleaning did wonders for me even though it didn't have a lot of visible gunk on it. I highly suggest it once in a while.

Also, since I read about the folded over pipe screen on top of your load trick in this thread, I have been doing it ever since and loving it. I stir my load half as much as I used to, and it cooks it more evenly and thoroughly.

Also got a Pinnacle hydro tube to mate with the pax, and it's great.

exit

Good knowledge BTBAM. Here's hoping keeping our PAXes in top shape will keep them running for a long time... you don't make a 10 year warranty unless you have some hope in your own products after all! :tup:

Yeah that's totally cheap. Not worth spending $$ on. Better off making tour own

I made one out of a mouthpiece stem and a WT-GonG adapter. Cost me $40 to make with the replacement mouthpiece the most expensive part.

Whats the WT GonG adapter you got? i'm gonna start getting into this GonG business and am interested in setting something up for the PAX...

exit,

2 Paces

Thought I would share my mini Pax water set up. It's a mini water pipe that I connected an extra Pax mouth piece with tubing after I unscrewed the bowl. I also found something that works well as a stand:
PICT1246.jpg

Here it is with the Pax sitting on top. Very compact and handy, but so smooth:
PICT1243.jpg

Never been combusted in, bought for this purpose :nod:

rsqemt911

Good knowledge BTBAM. Here's hoping keeping our PAXes in top shape will keep them running for a long time... you don't make a 10 year warranty unless you have some hope in your own products after all! :tup:

Whats the WT GonG adapter you got? i'm gonna start getting into this GonG business and am interested in setting something up for the PAX...

I'm on my phone and can't post pics but I am pretty sure if you look back through old posts I did have it up on here before. I think possibly this post.

I took the stem from a MP and mated it with a 14mm GonG to WT Adapter. I then molded a hard rubber plug to fill in the empty space where the MP was on the Pax (added stability).

I ended up selling that Pax and adapter and ended up buying a second Pax and just built my second adapter.

rsqemt911,

exit

Just FYI you can upload to imgur from your phone and paste a image link they give you, there are uploader apps for iphone and android if u need them (i use imgur mushroom on my android)

exit,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
It's mostly plastic with an aluminum sleeve. Mine has gotten warm, but never really hot. I don't often use high setting so this may be a major factor.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: RGB1616

FriedClaustrum

From what I have read and seen from people I know who own a PAX, they seem to keep working as long you keep them very clean. I am not scared to perform repairs myself because I am pretty good at that kind of thing, so I decided to take my chances on a used one... that said when I get mine I'll keep this thread updated. I'm sure I'll work together a routine to keep it in shape sooner or later.o

I have a small metal brush that came with my Bender... i can't find it to take a pic right now but is that kind of thing okay?

In my experience this isn't the case. The first time was my fault - even though I was careful I gummed up the temp button and it stuck. The second time though it just stopped working - worked at 2, didn't work at 4. I always kept it clean - 4 days max between cleanings, usually less. Max 2 ovens in a day.

BUT, the only reason I was convinced to pull the $250 trigger was the warranty. Ploom has been quite quick and very nice about returns - even if the USPS likes to misroute my shit all the time.

FriedClaustrum,

exit

Almost got a buy 1 get 1 free pack of 80 GUM Denta Sticks for $6... but then saw the Doctors Brushpicks $3.50 for 275! Awesome :)

I have a friend who has 2 PAX and he uses them almost exclusively. He does not clean very often but has never had to send a unit back, and strictly only uses low heat.

exit,
Reactions: jeff

kevinnphamm

wow i really don't want to get a pax when so many people are having issues with their units.

The warranty is nice but it sounds like such a hassle needing to send it back every few months or so
This forum is a bit of a skewed representation of pax owners. I know quite a few people that don't have any issues with their pax, me included.
And for all those that just bought one, BUY STEEL WOOL.
That stuff has been the most useful to scrub all things off the screen. I sandwiched a crumble between two layers of bud and it was a beautiful evening. It left a great deal of scum everywhere though. The steel wool took care of that completely. I just took a bit of it, wound it around a q-tip, put a bit of ISO on it and scrubbed away.
Also, there is a company out there called Zen (for pipe cleaners). I use the ones with bristles and they clean out the airpath very thoroughly.

exit

Any brand in particular to look for? I don't know which is safe to use and what's not.... whatever they sell at the grocery store lol?

exit,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
You can also send ploom a chat message and tell them that you have the old mouthpiece and that you are experiencing problems, they will immediately send you a new mouthpiece and lube. While I did actually have the old mouthpiece, when I brought up that I bought my Pax in October they wanted to send me the new MP without me even asking.

This will give you an extra MP to create a GonG water adapter. I am not one to cheat a company and if you have the money to buy a new MP, please buy one so you can support the company. I just happened upon this method to get another MP, which allowed me to create my GonG adapter.

TommydCat

Understood, and I'll reach out to them. And yes, I would pay the money to get a second mouthpiece for a GonG adapter, since the first is problematic -- I don't want to "jiggle the handle" continuously for a bong, either! ;)

I've got enough toys that the Pax is on a backburner until I get a chance to contact Ploom.

TommydCat,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
So after starting to use the screen technique I have noticed a build up of oils on my oven lid. Today I cleaned the pax and I reclaimed the oil from the lid. Has anyone used these for anything? I didn't get a tremendous amount, this is a vape not a machine to extract oil, but can I take dabs with it?

ILoveCollege,

exit

I can't seem to get much visible vapor off the pax. Tastes like I'm hitting but not sure how much I'm getting. I heard to pack the oven tight though, so I stuffed it full...

Also when it turns blue, that's standby mode? Its pretty annoying. I guess I will have to keep mine in party mode.

exit,

vape4health

Ultra quick review, only hit it a few times.
First impression, very cool, very pocketable. I seen it suggested here and I'll agree, a funnel shaped oven hole would be nice. Now I can work on packing technique and "testing" ;) I have also seen using a screened mentioned, I have some 400ss mesh (ecig genesis wick) that I plan to play around with.
I need to stop in for a visit more often, loads of pages I missed.

vape4health,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom