Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

eviling

yeah sorry typo. im a little prone to typo's and errors sometimes i'm sorry XD I get a little excited and lose focus and easily destracted haha. so spell check is not really for me, computer spell check helps but it can only do so much :(

also i was a network major and I probably have 12 trillion acronyms in my brain, so sometimes i mix shit up.

eviling,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Okay, I have been quite confused about some of your posts. Did I read that your Pax is charring your material? This should not be. I've never reached combustion in my Pax even on high. It shouldn't get hot enough to char or produce ash. There may be something wrong with your Pax if that is what is happening. As far as uneven browning, well it's conduction heating and occasional stirring is necessary for optimal performance and even toasting.

I really, really don't want to be this guy because I'm not the hall monitor type, but this is taken directly from the forum rules. I only post it here for you because I don't think I'm the only one having some difficulty understanding you posts. It's on you to be clear, not on us to decipher.

- Proofread your posts for clarity and quality. Semantics, spelling, punctuation and grammar are important when conveying thoughts and information in a text-based medium. Avoid using slang which may not be understood by other members.

If I am all out of line, someone please let me know.

Deadshort480,

eviling

no no doesnt chare it, but it does get to a pretty chared black dust if i smoke it all the way down, i dont considered that combusted though just burned. i think the metal connection is to direct. the ascent by da vinci is said to have glass lined ceramic, which has me stoked. im curiouse to see how well that works :)

my VB 2.0 is less direct the screen touches the metal and your flower touches the screen, i found it to still takes it to a literal ash state too. far easier to do with than the pax, the pax barley gets hot enough, only if you underpack your pax do you really get to an ash state. but i think the glass on the cermic is an interesting idea...should produce allot more flavor too :D glass screen built into it too i hear. just sounds to good to be true, lol the VB did, and i found it to be kind of a flop. im already breaking shit on it. the pax i beat pretty hard and its decent clean, and relativly easy to mentain, a clean every 2-3 full bowls. thats about all i do.

eviling,

Deadshort480

heh i never said the word chared. its burns it though i used the word burn.

I apologize. You said burn and smolder. The Pax should be doing neither of these things. It should be toasting or cooking, but never burning or smoldering.

I fully agree with you about the Ascent. It does sound almost too good to be true. I'm very interested in one, but I won't abandon my beloved Pax unless the Ascent gets insanely goid reviews.

Deadshort480,

eviling

I guess toasting would be the word I'd use. forgive me, I'm newer to vapor :D

I like the ascent the more and more i hear. i mean i know these companys are listening. i mean look at ploom, and if anybody is gonna do another pax sized achievement in the vapor world, it'd be them from what my research ive seen, they are strong quality company, that seems to be very reactive to customers. its hard not to be in this industry though I imagine XD but if its everything it claims, which is really hard for me to try and keep a bias opinon of it because i wanna pick it up the second it comes out DX but i should wait.

by the way, where does one sell something here? i suppose theirs a sale forum?

eviling,

JoeKickass

Yeah there are probably going to be newer, better tasting vapes that can keep up with the Pax but for me the Pax was the first portable vape that could actually satisfy my tolerance.

It's rugged (nothing to really break) very small, and effective. Therefore it will always be at least my backup and "special occasion" vape even if it does use a bit more herb and smells a lot.
:2c:

JoeKickass,

tlordon

I was banned so I couldnt answer dont change ur batyery unless its a proteced one.....u wont het more heat the heat is managed by circuit

tlordon,

JoeKickass

A protected 18650 will not fit in the Pax, the Pax has protection built-in to it's board, putting two protection circuits will do more harm than good, etc. etc.

tlordon

Joekickass learn ur electonics....ur wrong stupid wrong

in fact a reason why I was saying don't think that the battery cause most people think that if they can get the battery more power goes into the device however the pack says to go to circuitry that limits the love of power coming from the battery into the power supply the Dead Sea to the thermal heating element so you're wrong shut up and don't spit out oh if you double the protection its bad in fact having the thermal protection and the battery is better than having it to inches away so if the battery shorts the protection stops it there where is the way is currently made if its shorts you're going to have a fire joke guess you're more on baby

mod note: I guess if you were going to read and abide by the rules you would have done it by now. You're breaking a different rule in every other post.

JoeKickass

Joekickass learn ur electonics....ur wrong stupid wrong

in fact a reason why I was saying don't think that the battery cause most people think that if they can get the battery more power goes into the device however the pack says to go to circuitry that limits the love of power coming from the battery into the power supply the Dead Sea to the thermal heating element so you're wrong shut up and don't spit out oh if you double the protection its bad in fact having the thermal protection and the battery is better than having it to inches away so if the battery shorts the protection stops it there where is the way is currently made if its shorts you're going to have a fire joke guess you're more on baby
I love your spellchecker:
"love of power"
"the Dead Sea"
and my personal favorite
"you're going to have a fire joke guess you're more on baby"

I do understand what you're trying to say but believe me, Ploom has engineers that have thought about this. I'm an engineering student and I understand why they made the design choices they did and I feel 100% safe using it.

tlordon

I was using speech to text so it sounded really mean you can in fact fit a protected 18650 inside of the pack so I prove it in my youtube video you should watch that video before you make anymore comments jackass name sorry that's your name but you need to learn electronics before you spout out BS to consumer-protection Safety Administration is don't start an investigation ubless they have a reason

I'm sorry I'm using speech to text in the mini keyboard
watch this video again in your understand battery safety also you understand that you can never have too much protection on a battery also with him and it shows that a protected 18650 so will in fact fit into the PAX you people just don't have the engineering skills like I do that to tell you guys this listen to the people who actually know in care about your safety over the people just trying to sell your tutor $50 device that cost in less than $20 to manufacture

tlordon,

JoeKickass

I was using speech to text
Ahhh that explains it, pretty cool though it gets like 90% of it right!

And trust me there's no reason that putting a protected cell in the Pax is bad I'm just saying that the protection that those batteries have is already included in the Pax itself.

JoeKickass,

Vitolo

Vaporist
.....you people just don't have the engineering skills like I do that to tell you guys this listen to the people who actually know in care about your safety.....
By "you people" do you mean the laymen, the MMJ patients, or does that cover everyone other than you?
In spite of your repeated warnings and admonitions, we all seem to be functioning well with our Paxes.

(It is a shame your grammar and humility are not in line with your skills.)

Vitolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Deadshort480

What does this video prove? The comparisons are between sets of batteries in series connections which are then run in parallel, compared to cell phone batteries run in series with circuit protection, compared to a single battery in a device. This is a device that is not supposed to be taken apart by the consumer because of the tight tolerances and the chance of the consumer screwing something up while disassembling or reassembling. Perhaps one should be able to visibly see the heat sinking material between battery and oven, but perhaps something is there that you can't see by only sliding off the aluminum casing? I question how vapor passes over the circuit board when the stainless steel vapor path does not pass over the circuit board. This video proves that you have an understanding of battery circuitry, but that is about it.

EDIT: Aaaaand my post means nothing because he's been banned again.

eviling

Unfortunately for you, your post was not only quoted, but reported in it's entirety before you edited it. Calling members dumb is against the be nice rule. Warning pt. issue.

eviling,

Deadshort480

why so much hate here ? glad its not a cocaine related forum.

This is the only sub forum where I've seen so much nastiness. I'll admit that there are a lot of sub forums that I haven't been to, but I've never seen behavior in any of the ones I do peruse like I see in here.

Deadshort480,

eviling

-_- I give up.

Dumb people? Who are you talking to?
the guy who got banned? for being dumb enough to not think they'd ban him again.. -.-

mod note: We didn't ban him any more than we banned you. The system automatically bans accounts according to the warning schedule, which is spelled out in the rules. If you get banned then it's not your first warning.

eviling,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom