Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmac

Ok so I have searched and searched and I can't find a suitable answer to my problem! Someone please help!

My problem: When I turn on my pax the purple light (indicating heating) comes on but it does not heat up at all. After a few minutes the pax will blink 3x (red, orange or yellow - depending on whatever the temp is set to) and shut off.

I have read a few posts from others who have this problem but I have yet to see a solution posted. There is also no information to be found on Google, Bing or any other search engine.

I have dealt with and overcome the sticky mouthpiece, stuck temp light and other issues by finding solutions online. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the information I need for my current issue.

If all else fails I will contact customer support and send it back but I am hoping there is a few things to try before I have to do that. Please help!

Jmac,

Anders Nelson

Ok so I have searched and searched and I can't find a suitable answer to my problem! Someone please help!

My problem: When I turn on my pax the purple light (indicating heating) comes on but it does not heat up at all. After a few minutes the pax will blink 3x (red, orange or yellow - depending on whatever the temp is set to) and shut off.

I have read a few posts from others who have this problem but I have yet to see a solution posted. There is also no information to be found on Google, Bing or any other search engine.

I have dealt with and overcome the sticky mouthpiece, stuck temp light and other issues by finding solutions online. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the information I need for my current issue.

If all else fails I will contact customer support and send it back but I am hoping there is a few things to try before I have to do that. Please help!

the ploom guys solve ur problem in like 1 email, i think you should atleast email them about it really fast because it could be fixable

http://www.ploom.com/support

Anders Nelson,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.

It is not advisable that you attempt to tackle that repair on your own. There is probably a bad connection to the oven, I experienced the same problem. This is something Ploom will happily fix. I by trial and error re-soldered the connections and now it works great, mine however did not have a warranty so I decided to tinker.

Mr.Krinkle,

Zachary Goodwin

Oka
ypou will be the first in the house...
... so you will be the one that tells us~
Okay that's cool, hey just a question guys am since I m a pro with flowers for oil does it work a hell of a lot better when u use an oil rig TI nail and torch setup? Rather than mixing it in with bud in your pax? I am getting oil for the first time in Friday what is the best way a Vape pen for concentrates or should I buy an oil rig? I can get a small rig plus an 8th of wax for $320 is that a good deal? It's blue diesel shatter boy the way!!!

Zachary Goodwin,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Blue Deisel Shatter will taste amazing!]
Price sounds exorbitant, but every region is different... and patients do what they gotta.

Vitolo,

Zachary Goodwin

I
Blue Deisel Shatter will taste amazing!]
Price sounds exorbitant, but every region is different... and patients do what they gotta.
am in Florida and the $320 includes Rig and 3.5 of wax. Wax goes from 50-100 down here depending on the THC %. This has 91% THC. I can get 30 grams of flowers or the rig and an 8th of wax. I have never smoked wax out of a rig. Is it really night and day? I want to try I just need to know that once I invest cash on another piece that I will be using the ISH out of it. So how much better is dabbing then blazing a bowl? So you can taste the oil better than flowers???

Zachary Goodwin,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I
am in Florida and the $320 includes Rig and 3.5 of wax. Wax goes from 50-100 down here depending on the THC %. This has 91% THC. I can get 30 grams of flowers or the rig and an 8th of wax. I have never smoked wax out of a rig. Is it really night and day? I want to try I just need to know that once I invest cash on another piece that I will be using the ISH out of it. So how much better is dabbing then blazing a bowl? So you can taste the oil better than flowers???
dabbing is pritty revolutionary. You will be impressed. No. Questions. Asked. :lol: Oil rigs are awesome if you have a good source for oil. Sounds like you do, I'd invest in the rig.Two big differences between oil and bud, the taste is insane with oil, the high is too. It isn't for everyone, I have had a friend get way too blazed off just one hit of shatter. He turned ghost white and was too high to leave his bed, another person kicked me out of his house after I gave him two hits because he did not believe me that it wasn't pcp :rockon:(he apologized the next day) :lol: these were both regular smokers and it destroyed them, so be very careful your first time. Your tolerance will adjust and it will not get you so comatose after a few days, but the downside is flower gets you notably less blazed, and it gives you a gnarly cough if you hit it all day. my :2c:

Zachary Goodwin

dabbing is pritty revolutionary. You will be impressed. No. Questions. Asked. :lol: Oil rigs are awesome if you have a good source for oil. Sounds like you do, I'd invest in the rig. (your prices sound good to Two big differences between oil and bud, the taste is insane with oil, the high is too. It isn't for everyone, I have had a friend get way too blazed off just one hit of shatter. He turned ghost white and was too high to leave his bed, another person kicked me out of his house after I gave him two hits because he did not believe me that it wasn't pcp :rockon:(he apologized the next day) :lol: these were both regular smokers and it destroyed them, so be very careful your first time. Your tolerance will adjust and it will not get you so comatose after a few days, but the downside is flower gets you notably less blazed, and it gives you a gnarly cough if you hit it all day. my :2c:
I am getting the oil rig dabber dome torch and 3 grams of blue diesel shatter for $355 is that a good deal?

Zachary Goodwin,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
depends on the rig, but sounds like someones just going to give you a starter kit of some sort :lol: You could just buy all the stuff yourself and pick out somthing you like, then just buy the shatter.

Zachary Goodwin

Y
depends on the rig, but sounds like someones just going to give you a starter kit of some sort :lol: You could just buy all the stuff yourself and pick out somthing you like, then just buy the shatter.
Yeah but this is much easier and u just spoke with my guy and it's blackberry BUDDER not blue diesel shatter . Is that better it was the blue diesel better??

Zachary Goodwin,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
no way of knowing, not to sound like a dick, I am guessing you will be told to get back on subject of the Pax :lol::tup: Perhaps find another thread about concentrates.

Mr.Krinkle,

EffedUp

To get back on topic:

I have used wax in my Pax before and it works well, but I always use a bed of herb. Sometimes I use a bed of AVB, but other times I use a bed of green. I think the most I ever put in the oven is about 1/20th of a gram (0.05 grams). That gives me about as much vapor as a half a gram of herb (or doubles the output when mixed).

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....

i had the same issue, it was internal and had to go back. ploom chat is your best bet for fastest service.

welderboy,

Beaunaire

Had the exact same problem without warning after about 2 months of purchase. Thought a recharge or cleaning would fix it but nothing. Got in touch with Vape World live chat and they had me send it in. Exactly one week after I sent it out I received a replacement that so far has been working perfectly. Customer service was great and I know that if the new one fails, they'll send me a new one again. The only caveat was that I was forced to use a pipe for a week and that made me realize how preferable vaping is. I need to arrange some kind of alternative vape backup. Get in touch with your dealer or Ploom and get it back to them, it's not your fault it's kaput and you shouldn't have to try to fix it. Ten year warrantee.

Beaunaire,

koii

Maxin' & Paxin'
Hey guys, been lurking for awhile and finally decided to post. This thread pretty much sold the product to me and I'm pretty sure it's the same for countless others. Just wanted to share a neat case/sleeve idea for all of you guys trying to find something to keep it in. I shop at Etsy alot for dry glass pieces so when I wanted a personalized case for it, I went on there first. I found this vendor who makes knit-cases for smartphones and laptops, so I messaged her asking if she would be able to make one for the Pax. I sent her the dimensions and she set-up a reserved listing for me, offering me different styles and colors. So if you guys want a knit-sleeve for it, message her and she'll hook you up! I'll post pictures when I get mine.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/polar1butterfly

mollee

Hey everyone - got an obnoxious question to ask. I've seen several posts mentioning how a really clean Pax can usually be packed into luggage with no problem. But...is it even possible to hide some 'flower' either in luggage or on myself or is that just absolutely insane to think about in this day and age?

Edit: I'm referring to an airplane flight & getting thru security.

mollee,

Vitolo

Vaporist
A "Paxamonial"
I have never used my Pax on a High setting for a session.
I also have never gone low...
I tried medium on day one and liked it.

The other day a loaded Pax in my pocket "untethered" it's lid, and I did not know..... I kept thinking it peculiar that I was getting whifs here and there....
I also a few times thought .."how funny my pocket feels so warm.
All at once I realized there was a really hot Pax in my pocket, and I got it shut and when I got home I emptied it out... (dark DARK ass ABV), and cleaned it EXTRA well due to fact
that load cooked fully in there with no air flow... so I feared "sticky city" in the secert parts and passageways.
I cleaned it up real well, and today was using Pax on a Post office run.
Mind you I did not know that I had inadvertently set my Pax to high.

Driving... taking a few seconds longer to go green.....
I did a hit and burst forth a cloud.
I got the foggiest session I could have asked for, and only when FULLY medicated did I stop and think about the fact that my vape may have been on high...
I have it set back to medium now, and will leave it there...
But with fond adoration I will remember that surprising road trip, and I will tell Pax doubters to try it out on high once before moving on to the next vape..
Good thick hits.

toros23

Hey Vito - I urge you to try the low setting just to see what it is all about. With a full oven packed tight but a not-so-fine grind I can get really large and tasty clouds on low as long as I give a little time between pulls. If you don't like it, really easy to go up to medium and finish off the load. Not like going up to high where there is no turning back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom