Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

EffedUp

What color is the outside status LED? Is the outside status LED solid Red, solid Orange, or Solid Yellow? If the the outside light is solid Red, solid Orange, or Solid Yellow then the white light on the temperature button should be on.

EffedUp,

Zachary Goodwin

the one i just got from ploom has a metal clip on the mouth piece to keep it firmly in place, no more jigly
Would you please post a pic of how it looks? How do I get one? How much is it?

Just wondering if anyone has just tried the cotton and oil method in this thing??? im sure it would work just as well and then you wouldnt need a bed of herb.
What about something like this that has the cotton and also a way to heat. I just bought one. I thought I would give it a try. Or did Iu waste my money? It seems legit for 10-20 ovens of oil at least! See the ebgay link and he has sold 9 of them with no bad feedback at all all 100%!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pax-Ploox-W...617?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33803b5eb9

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Zachary Goodwin,

TommydCat

It looks like copper wrapped around cotton to me... Cotton is what you generally vape oils in for convection vapes, but wonder what this magic material it's made out of...

However, if it's legit, .5g would be many many many sessions worth and likely make your Pax a goopy ruin of a mess long before you came close to using it all. That's really an insane amount of oil to be putting in a small vape like this.

TommydCat,

Zachary Goodwin

It looks like copper wrapped around cotton to me... Cotton is what you generally vape oils in for convection vapes, but wonder what this magic material it's made out of...

However, if it's legit, .5g would be many many many sessions worth and likely make your Pax a goopy ruin of a mess long before you came close to using it all. That's really an insane amount of oil to be putting in a small vape like this.
So put in like what 0.25? try it out just monitor it? what would be the benefits of using this to just mixing oils with flowers?

the one i just got from ploom has a metal clip on the mouth piece to keep it firmly in place, no more jigly
I am quite interested in what the clip looks like that seems like it would do the trick. Also how do i get one it is not on their web site yet!

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Zachary Goodwin,

rendole

What color is the outside status LED? Is the outside status LED solid Red, solid Orange, or Solid Yellow? If the the outside light is solid Red, solid Orange, or Solid Yellow then the white light on the temperature button should be on.
I just had a normal sesh with it just the white light isn't coming on. By outside status LED do you mean the X on it? That was green the whole time during the sesh.

rendole,
Reactions: EffedUp

EffedUp

I just had a normal sesh with it just the white light isn't coming on. By outside status LED do you mean the X on it? That was green the whole time during the sesh.

When the X is green the temp light is not going to come on. Your problem might be that you Pax is remaining turned on when you removed the mouthpiece.

When you remove the mouthpiece the heater should turn off and the X should be solid Red, solid Orange, or Solid Yellow.

What does the X do when you remove the mouthpiece?

EffedUp,

rendole

When the X is green the temp light is not going to come on. Your problem might be that you Pax is remaining turned on when you removed the mouthpiece.

When you remove the mouthpiece the heater should turn off and the X should be solid Red, solid Orange, or Solid Yellow.

What does the X do when you remove the mouthpiece?
Oh, it was acting normal it went solid Orange. It happened when I was moving the button back and forth with my finger trying to get it to work and idk I was moving it then the white light just turned off.

rendole,

VapeGrom

Got my Pax three days ago and it's absolutely flawless. I fully charged it friday night, and vaped all day saturday and today, and it just died while I was cleaning it. I was impressed I was able to vape so many bowls before the battery died. Overall it is just a joy to use this thing, by far my favorite vape I have ever had! :tup:

VapeGrom,

natrat

I am quite interested in what the clip looks like that seems like it would do the trick. t!

i guess they will have it on the site soon enough

photo4.jpg

natrat,

natrat

Where us the clip I do not see it man?? Can u point it out?

well maybe clip isn't the right word, perhaps brace is more fitting. It's the shiny metal thing that my older mouthpiece does not have. I have zero miles on this so i'm just assuming it was put in to address the temp light issue

natrat,

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
well maybe clip isn't the right word, perhaps brace is more fitting. It's the shiny metal thing that my older mouthpiece does not have. I have zero miles on this so i'm just assuming it was put in to address the temp light issue
that's a magnet

welderboy,

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
IMG_20130316_080127_zps5fec4487.jpg
if anyone is wondering,,,the pax is turned on and off by the magnet in the bottiom of the mp. you can actually run the pax with the mp down by simply sticking a strong magnet around 8 o'clock by the LED. this cancels out the magnetic field of the mp and fools the pax into thinking the mp is up. this can be helpful if your mp is glued shut and some heat is required to loosen it, but it can also be the demise of your load, as in toros case. :cry:
your old mp had to have had this, or it wouldn't turn on.

welderboy,

Vitolo

Vaporist

Community member just made a device like this, using the same technology. You will find a similar wick in other tools.
DSC02396.jpg

wick from a vape pen
The piece they made worked very well, BUT the Pax got completely gummed up inside, from the thick "wax" produced vapors.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Hey, so whats up with these pax units? its like I have two different ones?! I saw the one pic you guys posted but I need better pics, perhaps a picture of all three models of all three colors side by side, maybe a video of them each rotating counter-intuitively on their own individual turn tables so I can see the way the light hits the edges? Also, I tried using my toothbrush charger to charge this and nothing happened, its like magic electricity comes out of only one charger, EVEN THOUGH IT CHARGES MY TOOTHBRUSH FINE?!?! thats so dumb... I am thinking about suing ploom now. Any one know how long I can submerge my pax in water to clean it? If I turn it on to let it heat up in the water is there any chance the water could boil and burn me? If I boil my pax is that covered in warranty? Thanks for the help!

TommydCat

Vitolo - you're saying the material is acting like a wick rather than normal cotton (just a carrier) to keep the oil against the sides of the oven?

I could see trying maybe a dab (which you can do with cotton - just keep the oil on the side instead of the middle), but any more (let alone half a gram!!) would likely just made a puddle before you could vape it all (and if you could vape it all... well... I'll buy your book).

Oil is very messy stuff. If the Pax gets all goopy just from flowers, I think there's better solutions for the oil - but don't let me talk you out of proving me wrong ;)

TommydCat,

jeff

Hey, so whats up with these pax units? its like I have two different ones?! I saw the one pic you guys posted but I need better pics, perhaps a picture of all three models of all three colors side by side, maybe a video of them each rotating counter-intuitively on their own individual turn tables so I can see the way the light hits the edges? Also, I tried using my toothbrush charger to charge this and nothing happened, its like magic electricity comes out of only one charger, EVEN THOUGH IT CHARGES MY TOOTHBRUSH FINE?!?! thats so dumb... I am thinking about suing ploom now. Any one know how long I can submerge my pax in water to clean it? If I turn it on to let it heat up in the water is there any chance the water could boil and burn me? If I boil my pax is that covered in warranty? Thanks for the help!

Love it! I personally like the few pages back the guy that was super indignant that he might have to send his back. Too funny. I heard you had to clean it like all the time, like while you were vaping!

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Oil is very messy stuff. If the Pax gets all goopy just from flowers, I think there's better solutions for the oil - but don't let me talk you out of proving me wrong ;)
Agreed, for the money, I'd rather just buy a pen vape for oil, (if your fucking with oil then the cost of a pen vape is probably not going to deter you) its almost not worth the amount of gunk you get everywhere. I had a friend put oil on top of a half pack, then packed flower on top, it turned my screen black and was the biggest pain in the fucking ass to clean, and it didnt work good the rest of the night (The temp light was a constant issue) It was dispensary oil still in the canister, nothing homemade, used a small dab about a quarter of a gram.

Mr.Krinkle,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vitolo - you're saying the material is acting like a wick rather than normal cotton (just a carrier) to keep the oil against the sides of the oven?
The oil the guy used was on regular cotton, very much like the "ebay item".
The coil is used to keep the material (I call it wick because anything that absorbs oil is a wick in a manner) together, and hopefully a tiny bit (a wires thickness) elevated from the floor of oven, and from walls.
What gummed things up was the actual vaporizing volatized oils passing through the vapor path, leaving driplets behind as oils can do when they produce vapor.
I love the Pax....
I think I will save vaping oils and concentrates for easier to clean vapes.

TommydCat

Yup... Looking at the oil claim in my bubbler, I can't help but shudder imagining that stuff going through my Pax!

TommydCat,
Reactions: Vitolo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom