Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metacognitionist

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to echo the many thanks for your resource. I ordered my Pax this morning, and then shortly after, found this thread. I then, subsequently, spent the next 12 hours or so reading the near 300 pages of valuable reviews, insight, and protips that have been offered. But now, I'm just bookmarking it and introducing myself, because I will likely be back with an issue that needs efforting or a glowing review.

Never in my life have I utilized any kind of vaporizer, so the maiden voyage with the Pax will be my maiden voyage sans combustion.

As my gift to this thread, I'd like to offer a website that I have found very valuable in obtaining FREE SAMPLES SENT VIA FREE SHIPPING of small containers valuable for housing your flowers, and even tiny dropper bottles for lube or ISO. The website is http://www.sks-bottle.com

They will only accept your sample orders over the phone, and you only get three samples, but the shipping is free and you can request more samples at another time. They will cut you off if you get greedy, but until they do, you can stock up on some great organizers for your needs. Or you could use my method and space out your orders, have the product stock numbers from their massive online selection ready, and be nice to the people on the phone. They know me by name and I've probably gotten 2 dozen sample orders filled over the past few years, without ever buying anything.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
As my gift to this thread, I'd like to offer a website that I have found very valuable in obtaining FREE SAMPLES SENT VIA FREE SHIPPING of small containers valuable for housing your flowers, and even tiny dropper bottles for lube or ISO. The website is http://www.sks-bottle.com
Wow Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!:tup: Congrats on the new Pax- they hit like a dream!
edit- THIS SITE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahah jar overload. I wish you knew how much I love this site, my friends have made fun of me forever for my weird jars obsession haha
These are cool for the tool kit http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin7k.html
Second edit- Side note, I searched high and dry for the part of this thread where people were posting their custom vinyl skins. Anyone know where that is (the part of the thread) Thought I remembered seeing it in the first 70 pages I read, doesnt narrow it down haha. I want to find a site I can have a skin made for custom dimensions, every skin site I find has preset skins.

Mr.Krinkle,

Fishkybizniz

Just received an e-mail from vape world about the Pax by ploom. The only thing I know about Ploom is that they are known for e-cigs, but this looks like they're trying to get into the "herbal market" with the Pax.

Here's the web site: http://www.ploom.com/pax and the Pax Vaporizer on Vape World for $249.

And for the good stuff, pictures:

gNby8.png
yTUSo.png

Anyone know anything else about this?

I did my research via You Tube reveiws. They all praised it and why. I just got one today. Expensive!! Love the size. The unit is not much bigger than my steriod inhaler. It's pretty trick. I felt like I just bought the smart phone in vaps. Tried it with the oven setting on it's efault (medium). Didn't produce a big plume the demos show.

Fishkybizniz,

Fishkybizniz

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to echo the many thanks for your resource. I ordered my Pax this morning, and then shortly after, found this thread. I then, subsequently, spent the next 12 hours or so reading the near 300 pages of valuable reviews, insight, and protips that have been offered. But now, I'm just bookmarking it and introducing myself, because I will likely be back with an issue that needs efforting or a glowing review.

Never in my life have I utilized any kind of vaporizer, so the maiden voyage with the Pax will be my maiden voyage sans combustion.

They will only accept your sample orders over the phone, and you only get three samples, but the shipping is free and you can request more samples at another time. They will cut you off if you get greedy, but until they do, you can stock up on some great organizers for your needs. Or you could use my method and space out your orders, have the product stock numbers from their massive online selection ready, and be nice to the people on the phone. They know me by name and I've probably gotten 2 dozen sample orders filled over the past few years, without ever buying anything.

Move over Captain...the skipper here is new to vaping & PAX too. Pretty trick little device, huh?

I posted in this thread about 10 days ago, announcing that I am new to vaporizing, I decided to buy a Pax, but unfortunately, my new Pax wouldn't charge. I had to send it back to vapeworld, and I still haven't received my new one (hopefully tomorrow). I haven't read through this entire thread, but I've read large chunks of it, and I've read other things about the Pax elsewhere. I want to make sure that I maintain my Pax as best I can to hopefully avoid some of the common problems, and I was hoping you guys could chime in with some tips about how best to use the Pax and how to keep it in the best condition possible.

I am prepared to clean the device regularly, and I've read that it is wise to wait until the Pax cools down to charge it to avoid some resin problems. Also, I've heard it is recommended to take the mouthpiece out when charging it. Are there other important things I should know?

Why was it suggested taking the mouth piece out while charaing? I got my today. Pipe cleaners damp with alcohol looks right for the chamber. I heard a q-tip and little dental brush works great for the oven. I saw a review that said it will evenly cook if oven is stirred between sessions. Any ideas what to stir with?

Make sure you press the flower down against the screen like a pancake

Yeah, reviews said that too. The manual says to use the cap but I think a pencil eraser would work better. I'm still learning.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Three posts merged.

Fishkybizniz,

JoeKickass

Yeah, reviews said that too. The manual says to use the cap but I think a pencil eraser would work better. I'm still learning.

I like the smooth end of a pen or my finger, if you have some tolerance go ahead and keep packing it in until it's about half to 3/4 full and packed solid. Then start on low and draw with your cheeks don't force it

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Wow Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!:tup: Congrats on the new Pax- they hit like a dream!
edit- THIS SITE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahah jar overload. I wish you knew how much I love this site, my friends have made fun of me forever for my weird jars obsession haha
These are cool for the tool kit http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin7k.html
Second edit- Side note, I searched high and dry for the part of this thread where people were posting their custom vinyl skins. Anyone know where that is (the part of the thread) Thought I remembered seeing it in the first 70 pages I read, doesnt narrow it down haha. I want to find a site I can have a skin made for custom dimensions, every skin site I find has preset skins.

I've been through this entire thread and the only vinyl skin I've seen is mine (posted a few pages back). I'd love if there were more, If you find where you saw them please let me know.

As far as dimensions go, mines just bright white vinyl and I wrapped it then used an exacti to trim the edges and cut the "x" out (which was tricky).

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I've been through this entire thread and the only vinyl skin I've seen is mine (posted a few pages back). I'd love if there were more, If you find where you saw them please let me know.

As far as dimensions go, mines just bright white vinyl and I wrapped it then used an exacti to trim the edges and cut the "x" out (which was tricky).

Page 35 posted by Iloveboobs.

p7315757.jpg

natrat

Took my Pax snowboarding. The Mouthpiece pretty much freezes in place if it is exposed to the cold for too long. If you push it down it will take a really long time for it the pop up. I found that my pax died in the cold weather and wouldn't start up again until I put it on the charger.

inside pocket for more warmth helps, and holding in your bare hand while it cranks up. I got a nice session in during a blizzard but yea batterys are weak in cold weather

natrat,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I received my Pax and here are my initial impressions:

Very sleek and portable design
Big vapor clouds when you take a slow draw
Impressive battery life
Slight learning curve
Fast warm up time

I packed a 1/2 oven of a potent AfghanixKush hybrid and tamped it down with the mouthpiece. Temperature was left on the default medium. It lasted me 4 hours taking a couple rips here and there then turning the unit off then on again as needed. Due to this being a conduction vape there is some vapor release when not vaping the whole oven, it is not very substantial and I felt did not detract from the potency of vapor. Overall I was very impressed, especially with the warm up time and quantity of vapor.

The learning curve is similar to learning how to draw from a log vape, plus reading the manual a couple times to know what the different color LEDs mean. Pretty simple stuff once you remember the colors and their meaning :). I feel this is just the type of vape I was seeking out, so long as it doesn't get finicky. Looking at the compact design, I would say off the top of my head it's probably not the best fit for very heavy users. With all the claims of temp problems due to cleaning and such, a chronic user may feel its too much to keep up with, due to their intake.

I am a light user with a low tolerance and tend to partake at night, probably 3-4 times/week and would anticipate using 2 half ovens per night. I bet cleaning 2 times a week would be good for my usage but we will see. It's definetly a cool techy toy to have around and as long as the thing doesn't become a pain in my ass, I can see a healthy relationship for us n the future, lol.

Take care all.

JoeKickass

Temperature was left on the default medium...I am a light user with a low tolerance.
Definitely make sure you check out yellow/low setting! Try starting on low, and then bumping orange when you want more vapor. But yellow can surprise you, it starts flavorful and thin but thickens up real fast!
Looking at the compact design, I would say off the top of my head it's probably not the best fit for very heavy users. With all the claims of temp problems due to cleaning and such, a chronic user may feel its too much to keep up with, due to their intake.
Hehehe I lived with the Pax for about five months as my main vape and I do agree there are better choices for high intake users. I went from about an ounce a month to an ounce every two weeks! :D

But tbh those five months were wonderful (if expensive) I didn't think the cleaning was too bad, and I love the potency/capacity of the little thing. It's the size of a phone and you can have more than 0.5g ready to go all throughout the day!

I liken it to rolling a joint on occasion, it's a bit wasteful and the taste suffers quickly, but it's very effective and very portable. It's the best vape for impressing smoker friends imo ;)

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
but it's very effective and very portable. It's the best vape for impressing smoker friends imo ;)
until the temp light becomes sparadic and the mouthpiece won't open trying to impress those smoking friends :ko: I really wish they just made it slide out with friction instead of the current mouthpiece design. I'd cleaned that thing more times than you could shake a stick at. It's like a white Subaru/evo rally car mudding it up in the rain. Everytime you take her out, she's going to get damn dirty. Although mud doesn't affect a car's performace of course, resin does affect this vape's performance.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Definitely make sure you check out yellow/low setting! Try starting on low, and then bumping orange when you want more vapor. But yellow can surprise you, it starts flavorful and thin but thickens up real fast!

Hehehe I lived with the Pax for about five months as my main vape and I do agree there are better choices for high intake users. I went from about an ounce a month to an ounce every two weeks! :D

But tbh those five months were wonderful (if expensive) I didn't think the cleaning was too bad, and I love the potency/capacity of the little thing. It's the size of a phone and you can have more than 0.5g ready to go all throughout the day!

I liken it to rolling a joint on occasion, it's a bit wasteful and the taste suffers quickly, but it's very effective and very portable. It's the best vape for impressing smoker friends imo ;)

Ill make sure I check out the yellow temp setting. Is a zip per 2 weeks your current intake and is that all through the Pax? If it is then that is an impressive amount of herb to put through her so often, that's ~2 g/day. How often would you clean?

I like your joint analogy. The Pax seems similar in that regard that you get draws similar to a J. The Pax may use a bit more than than similar portables but not by a whole lot one can puff that over a period of time. TBH when I combust a J is my preferred means. I like the ability to titrate dose and generally a J will last me 3-4 uses if the herb is top shelf. Water pipes are awesome but they are more a kick in the head high rather than the gradual onset of a puffing tool. I am really excited to hook this Pax up to my compact water pipe and see how it performs. Maybe then I can get the little rips I am seeking to titrate accordingly.

I look forward to reading the updated vaporpedia entry with water pipe adapter info as my ass ain't reading through 300 pages of Pax thread, lol.

Steele Concept,

JoeKickass

Ill make sure I check out the yellow temp setting. Is a zip per 2 weeks your current intake and is that all through the Pax? If it is then that is an impressive amount of herb to put through her so often, that's ~2 g/day. How often would you clean?
Yeah that's pretty much what I got up to at my max, at least four 0.3-0.5g bowl a day :ko:

I cleaned the whole thing every 1-2 weeks, but after a sesh if I had time I wiped out the bowl and cleaned the stem of the mouthpiece. If you do it while it's still warm and the resin is liquidly you can just use a of bit paper towel or toliet paper to wipe it off (twist into a poker so you can get inside the MP)

I've been using the flashvape a lot recently and my usage is back to an ounce a month now... lol
The Pax really shines as a "special occasion" vape for me

JoeKickass,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Damn, your name should be HardcoreJoe ;)

Quick cleans while the device are warm seem to be the way to go if one can remember, haha. Probably makes it easier when one is gong for the "deep clean". I think in 2013, it's about time a compact and sleek vape like the Pax came out, I know I have been waiting.

Steele Concept,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Fishkybizniz

until the temp light becomes sparadic and the mouthpiece won't open trying to impress those smoking friends :ko: I really wish they just made it slide out with friction instead of the current mouthpiece design. I'd cleaned that thing more times than you could shake a stick at. It's like a white Subaru/evo rally car mudding it up in the rain. Everytime you take her out, she's going to get damn dirty. Although mud doesn't affect a car's performace of course, resin does affect this vape's performance.

I wonder if it's your product? I watched a You Tube review and the reviewer said it's best to make sure product is dried out for the PAX. He found it performs best with dry because of the resign thing. I'm sorry I don't have the link because he did recommend a couple of other units he thought performed better if wanting to use it for different products. Don't remember their model names but both had custom temp settings. Hope this helps.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I wonder if it's your product? I watched a You Tube review and the reviewer said it's best to make sure product is dried out for the PAX. He found it performs best with dry because of the resign thing. I'm sorry I don't have the link because he did recommend a couple of other units he thought performed better if wanting to use it for different products. Don't remember their model names but both had custom temp settings. Hope this helps.
I had a replacement as well, and ended up selling it locally to a friend. My bud tends to be quite sticky to the touch, with long hairs, but well cured and dried yes. I just found it fussier than than a toy poodle. Thanks for the tips! I use cvaults for drying, https://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-accessories/storage/cvault.html

kushcabbage,

Fishkybizniz

I had a replacement as well, and ended up selling it locally to a friend. My bud tends to be quite sticky to the touch, with long hairs, but well cured and dried yes. I just found it fussier than than a toy poodle. Thanks for the tips! I use cvaults for drying, https://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-accessories/storage/cvault.html

The proof setting in a oven would work. Proof is to help doughs rise faster but also grreat for drying and thawing. If you don't have a proof setting on your oven, turn the light on. The warmth from the light does the same job. Being a cook want to attest to all this is the smallest oven I've ever had the pleasure of working with. LOL!!

Fishkybizniz,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.

Nope, I am POSITIVE I saw a cool green one and an orange one with sports insignia on it (from what I remember) The white looks killer though, very "iphoney" :lol:
Edit- Sorry Just saw Carlos' post haha thanks a lot dude thats the one, I was lookin a while last night with the search feature and gave up started going page by page, someone else left a website name they said it took 6 weeks

Mr.Krinkle,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Nope, I am POSITIVE I saw a cool green one and an orange one with sports insignia on it (from what I remember) The white looks killer though, very "iphoney" :lol:
Edit- Sorry Just saw Carlos' post haha thanks a lot dude thats the one, I was lookin a while last night with the search feature and gave up started going page by page, someone else left a website name they said it took 6 weeks
Iphoney is exactly what I was going for. I've actually taken the big pax "x" off it now. Looks slicker! Now I wanna find somewhere to buy a small sheet of carbon fiber vinyl.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

JCruiser

So i finally got around to weighing my Pax load. Now keep in mind that i pax the heck out of it. I brick it as hard as it will go. Ive weighed twice and the results were consistent - .7g

That big load ready on the go is one reason i love my Pax so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom