Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
What unbelievable service! I sent my non-functioning Pax back to Ploom Wednesday afternoon at 4:25, just under the wire to have it shipped, and it made it from Indiana to San Francisco and back to Indiana by 4:30 this afternoon. 4 days including Saturday and Sunday, thank you very much Ploom, you really went above and beyond in my book that is cause for celebration, so I raise my Pax to you and toast your good health and prosperity!

Received it, charged it, used it. Works flawlessly. Not many companies would go to this extent to make a customer happy, I am very happy you are the kind of company that does, I have been a show off with my Pax to all my friends, and it makes me feel good about the praise I have given your product thus far.

My apologies if this is hard to read, but I just finished my first session with my new Pax, and I am typing much slower than usual.

Respect the Pax! XXX

Sonics420

More like, a Clean Pax is a Happy Owner, otherwise we are full of rage with how a $250 device can be "fucking up." I guess after every two ovens I'll give it a thorough cleaning. I bought like 50 pipe cleaners and 40 of those tiny dental toothbrush/pick hybrids.
man.. i know how u feel.. i used to want to throw my pax against the wall or out my car window haha..
but once u get cleaning with those brushes its gonna be all good.

i usually clean 1-2 times a week now, every now and den i just rub some 99% iso on the stem and do a couple clicks. other times i dip a dental brush and scrub for a minute or 2 and thats it..

the cleaning has gotten pretty minimal for me now and i dont mind..i almost returned the pax too but the rep @ vapeworld kept suggesting to just clean it.. and it works like new for most parts.

Sonics420,
I happened to be enjoying an oven on the porch as dusk fell. As is my habit I was in deep stealth mode covering the "Pax light" with my thumb as I inhaled so the green light would not draw attention. WTF? There is light escaping around the top edge of the case! Its like when you look down you can see inside the case! I can actually squeeze the case and eliminate the gap but the moment I stop squeezing the case returns to its original shape and the tiny gap returns. Don't get me wrong, it still works fine. It bothers me cause I'm crazy this way. Anyone else seen this? Think I should just go ahead and try and bend it to try and eliminate the gap?

HephziBubba,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I happened to be enjoying an oven on the porch as dusk fell. As is my habit I was in deep stealth mode covering the "Pax light" with my thumb as I inhaled so the green light would not draw attention. WTF? There is light escaping around the top edge of the case! Its like when you look down you can see inside the case! I can actually squeeze the case and eliminate the gap but the moment I stop squeezing the case returns to its original shape and the tiny gap returns. Don't get me wrong, it still works fine. It bothers me cause I'm crazy this way. Anyone else seen this? Think I should just go ahead and try and bend it to try and eliminate the gap?

Is your unit heating or not? If I get the temp light issue, I can see the White LED from the temp light button. Is that what is happening to you?

newVaper420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

I noticed this a long time ago. If you hold your Pax with your fist wrapped around it, you can see it clearly. It's not easy to photograph, but I gave it a shot:

TnZsG.jpg

It's never bothered me. When I first noticed I thought it was pretty cool, actually, but that might have been the Skunk in the oven speaking.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.

I actually like that gap. It's perfect when heating up in the dark and you want to cover the main LED. You can still see when it has transitioned from purple to green.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was vaping in the dark, and looked down to see a bright green spot light shining on my chest while I was hitting my pax, not exactly discrete, so covering the light does more than hide the pax in your hand. I could see that being fun in party mode.

Zargoff

Just an old Hippie
Earlier today I had a short visit with Tim , founder of Head Change Industries . He asked if I would be willing to let the FC communitity know about the launch of their new website devoted to the PAX. Since he has provided me with stellar customer service I decided to do so. Seems as though he has all colors in stock, fast free shipping, free dime bag and great customer service. Cheers........ Vapebot.com Good luck Tim.

Zargoff,

JoeKickass

I happened to be enjoying an oven on the porch as dusk fell. As is my habit I was in deep stealth mode covering the "Pax light" with my thumb as I inhaled so the green light would not draw attention.

Man I love doing this, it's just so tranquil and serene to vape in the dark!

In the beginning you can barely see and still have the worries of the day on your mind, but as your eyes adjust and the effects take hold you slow down and start to listen to the sounds of the night... It's just magic:
smoking%20cityscapes%20night%20smoke%20men%20pot%20hoodie%20cigarettes%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_64.jpg

(Pretend he's vaping lol)

Palalolo ( i love saying that. It just rolls off the tongue. Caused me to do do a whole search thing ending up with me singing along with Don Ho)!
That is the perfect picture. That is exactly what I am talking about. Doesn't seem to affect the performance at all. I know my first 2 had closer tolerances and no light leakage. I am reassured that others are the same. I may still have at it with some pliers to see if I can eliminate it.

HephziBubba,
For the owners, how much flower do you find you are vaping with the Pax daily with comparison to your tolerance level?

SoCal sounds like they have it down to an art form :clap:

I've only had my Pax for about 10 days, but I have found that after vaping through tons of herb in the first few days, I found my happy place and am using less herb than I thought I would from reading these posts. I have a high tolerance. Different herb works differently in the Pax, but I have found that with quality medical grade, one ovenful is good for at least two, if not three sessions. With average grade, I might have to use two ovenfuls to feel the effects of it (I was vaping like four ovenfuls at a time before I knew what I was doing). Personally, I start on medium and work my way up to high when the vapor drops off and it starts to taste more like burnt popcorn.

On another note, I have to take narcotics for chronic back pain and I have found that since using the Pax, I am using significantly less pain medication than I was when I was combusting. I am new to the world of vaporization and am an enthusiastic convert!

Mendohead

Long time lurker, first post...

My first vaporizer is the PAX. Did SOME reading up on it, and pulled the trigger. I was super excited... All in all, it gives good hits and is a slick lookin unit.. But, my issue, is that it is touchy as hell. As it heats up, i cant get the pink/purple light to stay long enough for it to heat up. I constantly have to mess with the mouth piece (i guess this is the main issue most have), and even when im hitting it, the light changes and gives me the temp of the thing. Im bummed, for the cash i spent on it, i would hope to not have to dick with it like i am. i guess i was lookin' forward to vaping to much and had my blinders on when i was reading up on it... i know i dont wanna clean the thing every few sessions for petes sake. ive already bought a ssv, should be here in a few days. i am so gonna retire the pax...hmmm, what to do with it? sorry for the random post, just had to.

JoeKickass

Long time lurker, first post...

My first vaporizer is the PAX. Did SOME reading up on it, and pulled the trigger. I was super excited... All in all, it gives good hits and is a slick lookin unit.. But, my issue, is that it is touchy as hell. As it heats up, i cant get the pink/purple light to stay long enough for it to heat up. I constantly have to mess with the mouth piece (i guess this is the main issue most have), and even when im hitting it, the light changes and gives me the temp of the thing.

I would definitely contact Ploom, or try taking out the spring and putting it back in.

Mendohead

I would definitely contact Ploom, or try taking out the spring and putting it back in.
I've contacted the online place i bought it from and am waiting for them to get back to me. You think i should contact Ploom directly, or just wait and see what happens with the online store.... And, im not sure of the spring. is it on the mouthpice, or inside the unit?

Mendohead,

JoeKickass

I've contacted the online place i bought it from and am waiting for them to get back to me. You think i should contact Ploom directly, or just wait and see what happens with the online store.... And, im not sure of the spring. is it on the mouthpice, or inside the unit?

They should both be able to handle the warranty so it doesn't hurt to try both and pick the one that answers first.

The spring is in the hole that the mouthpiece goes into, it's tricky to get out but you just pull it. If you look back a few pages there are pics that show how to get it out with the little tubular brush from the MFLB

JoeKickass,
Reactions: Mendohead

xclarryx

can someone measure the exact ID of the tube part of the old MFLB brush? im pretty new to vaping, didn't have an old (or new) MFLB.

xclarryx,
Reactions: ShipDit

Mendohead

They should both be able to handle the warranty so it doesn't hurt to try both and pick the one that answers first.

The spring is in the hole that the mouthpiece goes into, it's tricky to get out but you just pull it. If you look back a few pages there are pics that show how to get it out with the little tubular brush from the MFLB

Thanks for the info Joe...Im gonna take a look at the spring info. I should hear from vapeworld today.

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I had been reading a lot about the huge amounts of medicine the Pax goes through, and quite frankly I had the same opinion myself. So I sat down for my daily wake up session, but instead of the T1, I thought I would try the Pax with a small load, the same size load that I would use in my T1. I was quite shocked at how well it worked with small quantities. I got 4 nice, cloudy rips and a nice wake up buzz.

I just put a very small amount in the oven and packed it down, then stirred after the 3rd for the final rip.
I do wish Ploom would find a way to incorporate a stirring device to the Pax. I hate having to stir it while I watch my vapors float away (I get as many as I can). Maybe the next generation?

If you pack a full oven, it will hold a lot and can really go through the medicine pretty quickly. But small amounts work great, if you use a little willpower and don't load the oven full, I think it is as efficient as just about any other portable vape.

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
I had been reading a lot about the huge amounts of medicine the Pax goes through, and quite frankly I had the same opinion myself. So I sat down for my daily wake up session, but instead of the T1, I thought I would try the Pax with a small load, the same size load that I would use in my T1. I was quite shocked at how well it worked with small quantities. I got 4 nice, cloudy rips and a nice wake up buzz.

I just put a very small amount in the oven and packed it down, then stirred after the 3rd for the final rip.
I do wish Ploom would find a way to incorporate a stirring device to the Pax. I hate having to stir it while I watch my vapors float away (I get as many as I can). Maybe the next generation?

If you pack a full oven, it will hold a lot and can really go through the medicine pretty quickly. But small amounts work great, if you use a little willpower and don't load the oven full, I think it is as efficient as just about any other portable vape.

I agree with this, and also, you can put steel wool in there, and that acts as a buffer.. Making it seem like you have a full over. I haven't tried this, but I read about it on here.

Also, as pointed out on here.. If we drop 250$ on a vaporizer, the I don't really think our biggest worry is medicine. Sure it goes through a bit more, but lets be honest. for the work it does and the quality.. Look at super cars.. Sure they suck at gas mileage.. but you don't buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or a Bugatti just to get good gas mileage.. you get it to enjoy it.

Enjoy life, no one makes it out alive anyway.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™

Yeah-
In theory that spring removal trick should work, but I could not remove my spring using MFLB brush. No real problems with operation of the Pax so far, but I have not been able to extract it using this method.

Bluntcrush,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom