Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

willieR

Been here since 2009
I think there's merit in the thought that Iso is overused. We've found that NO Iso is great, meaning just a bit of Iso would be all that is needed. <<Another shameless plug for 99% Iso>>

willieR,

Buyola

I got my pax in the mail, I have had it for about a week now. I think I must have
A bad unit. I'm not getting the vapor everyone else is bragging about. My first hit I taste and see a little vapor but then that is it. even on high it doesn't produce. I want to love this thing, I'm hoping it just a bad unit. I bought from ploom I might send it back for a replacement. The clouds is great at home but I need A portable that works!
Any ideas?

Buyola,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I got my pax in the mail, I have had it for about a week now. I think I must have
A bad unit. I'm not getting the vapor everyone else is bragging about. My first hit I taste and see a little vapor but then that is it. even on high it doesn't produce. I want to love this thing, I'm hoping it just a bad unit. I bought from ploom I might send it back for a replacement. The clouds is great at home but I need A portable that works!
Any ideas?

Yes. Try the micro-hit/"cigar puff" technique. Be really gentle with your draw, wait a second or two between puffs.

559stonerr

Any ideas?

i think im having the same issue... vapor production can be good sometimes but most of the time it isnt impressive.. wispy vapor... this on high. i tried low and barely any vapor.. also sometimes the LED will flash a blue light for a few secs and go back to normal...:(

559stonerr,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Does the oven get warm? If so, try packing the crap out of the oven. Even 1/2 full, but packed.

willieR,

Buyola

Yes. Try the micro-hit/"cigar puff" technique. Be really gentle with your draw, wait a second or two between puffs.
I tryed the very gental pull, I also have a Vivape so got use to the micro easy hit technique. The only thing I can think of is this one is a bad unit.

Buyola,

MrNorml

Someone else posted this recenly, but I hold the Pax with the temp switch up, oven down. Then I slide a lightly Iso soaked pipe cleaner from the oven side up to just near the top of the steel vapor path tube, then back down. I don't risk exposure of the temp switch to Iso, but man! does that put a mirror finish in that steel pipe.

But if you hold it upside-down (oven up) gravity will prevent ISO from hitting the button, won't it?

MrNorml,

559stonerr

This thread is full of posts like this, try inhaling gently/slowly

This isn't a convection vape where you pull harder to get more vapor, the slower you pull the bigger the clouds.

ive been inhaling slow the entire time:shrug:

Buyola, this video should give you an idea of what kind of hits you should be getting.
not getting hits close to that, thinking i have a defect

559stonerr,

willieR

Been here since 2009
If the oven is heating, and if the ABV is evenly dark brown, and if it's packed like a brick in there, I absolutely can't see where the vapor could possibly go.

559stonerr

If the oven is heating, and if the ABV is evenly dark brown, and if it's packed like a brick in there, I absolutely can't see where the vapor could possibly go.

fuck it, im going to load a fat oven,put it on high and inhale as slow as possible. updates to come in a few...

updates: packed the a fat load and really pushed it down there. just got 4 impressive clouds on high, now going to stir and keep hitting. wow! huge difference when packed down

update: got 3 more clouds after stirring and 2 more wispier clouds. medicated:cool:

willieR

Been here since 2009
Pack it man, pack it! That was my problem early on. I'm used to the LB where the stuff is loose in the screen. Loosely packed ovens are awful.

For those of you who have been in the guts of this thing, what precautions should be taken when carefully cleaning around the vapor tube where the mouthpiece is inserted? I have some of those dental brushes arriving and they're small enough to fit between your teeth, apparently, so a simple thing to wipe around that pipe.

JoeKickass

For those of you who have been in the guts of this thing, what precautions should be taken when carefully cleaning around the vapor tube where the mouthpiece is inserted?

If those are small enough to fit just be careful you don't rip the spring out, I haven't cleaned there yet so I don't know how secure the spring is, interested in your findings though!

JoeKickass,
Reactions: willieR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom