Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
at this point it would be a good idea to run a low setting bowl, to see if its over heating for some reason. You should get some visible vapor on low, more flavor, just take long slow draws. Should not get warm enough to blacken anything on low...

**I just put a layer of some sticky scissor hash onto the screen, set it to med, and HOLY MOLY! :o That is some potent, and tasty hash vapor!

druminfected

I've read through the entire Inhalator thread and I couldn't really find any drawbacks

Finally tried my inhalater yeseterday and actually I love it! no draw backs so far, but I'll post if I have any. only thing is the cap is hard to take off, but i'm disabled so that is a factor for sure.

Waiting on my PAX to come this week by ploom. I canceled my order on vapeworld because I wasn't sure about the backorder glitch, but Ellen assured me they do in fact have them in Stock there if you want to know

druminfected,

Ruben

I keep palming it to show the blue light shining on my hand, it's hard to see the color of the led through the video.

On the VapeWorld site it says orders placed are estimated to ship Sept. 10 but I could not get customer service rep at Ploom to name a date for restock. I am at the point where it's not much fun messing with this thing any more, I pretty much only get a blue light, and once in a while it may come on.

I just got my PAX today. Fresh out of the box I turn it on and get flashing blue lights and then it turns off. Anyone know what I should do? Ploom is not open during the weekends apparently so I can't ask them.

Ruben,

JoeKickass

No silly questions I appreciate all help I wanna figure this out!! :( haha

I at this point feel like I'm wasting medicine when I use my pax.
I have been angrily combusting outta my waterpipe while eyeballing my pax

I agree with Pakalolo, the fact that you got flavor and no vapor on medium means you're cooling down the oven with too much fresh air. That also explains why your abv is so uneven, if you draw slowly (think end of a joint where you're afraid of eating it or gently roasting hash in pipe) you'll notice more and more of the load is dark. You'll get much more, better tasting vapor with gentle pulls :2c:

I just got my PAX today. Fresh out of the box I turn it on and get flashing blue lights and then it turns off. Anyone know what I should do? Ploom is not open during the weekends apparently so I can't ask them.

Try putting it on the charger a bunch of times.
Try removing the mouthpiece and charging it.
If it's still doesn't work they'll send you a new one.

kronickidd

431372_4455894553388_136863074_n.jpg

MrNorml

All you 'heavy cleaners', I asked a few pages back and no one answered me.

Where is a good place to pickup quality pipe cleaners? I'm almost out of the ones Ploom supplied with the Pax and the pipe cleaners I found in a local craft store shed like a dog, and I don't want pipe cleaner fibers in my pax.
Pretty much any tobacco shop will carry what you want and need at a cheap price. CVS etc also carry them.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've even seen pipe stuff at Walgreens, they might carry pipe cleaners, worth a try if you have one close, or any other larger pharmacy/store.

jambandphan03,

druminfected

I've even seen pipe stuff at Walgreens, they might carry pipe cleaners, worth a try if you have one close, or any other larger pharmacy/store.

wallygreens definitely carry pipe cleaners and pipe products. get your iso and pads there as well all in one go!

One thing i'm not sure of yet, since my PAX hasn't arrived yet, is if the pipe cleaners with Bristles will be ok for the PAX, since it's not as soft, but the bristles def clean it up more. Just wondering if these style of pipe cleaner would maybe damage the pax?

druminfected,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I tried putting one of those bristle kind (white cotton intermittently spaced little red, hard bristles) and it didn't feel like it was doing much good. The bristles keep the cotton from making contact in the tube. A tiny drop of iso on one end of the soft white pipe cleaner seems to do the trick. I always give the vapor path a good blow through after using pipe cleaners, they still leave little bits of cotton, just blow through the oven, while the mouth piece has been taken off, and the little cotton fibers will puff out of the air path.

jambandphan03,

MrNorml

You don't have to stir, but it does benefit from stirring. I find the Pax oven a bit messy to fill. I would not want to try dumping and crumbling if I were trying to be discreet, or filling it for that matter. If ever a device needed an accessory tool, it's the Pax.

Yup. Just filling is much more difficult than many - drop a pinch, press down, repeat couple times. Nothing hidden in filling it, and if there's the slightest breeze, - oh! - but stirring seems pretty required. I think the oven cover could have some blade or something that would roll with the top and in the process stir (or something like that thing that looks like an inhalor device which has a spring-like thing you turn to stir). Removing the oven lid when the thing is hot to stir is very difficult. But it seems to have to be packed, so you can't shake it and have to stir. But ... an absence of glass is not bad although at the cost of efficiency and flavor. Tough to fill, tough to stir, but easy to carry and use and it is small..

Differences I found in load amounts: Solo uses less, seems to me to last longer, better taste longer.
Pax_Solo_Load_Comparison_2.jpg

Putting a ruler to Pax and Solo - Pax mouthpiece not out but it is very short. NO GLASS!
Solo_Pax_Ruler.jpg
very non-descript looking.

What I'm calling the Big Little Three :
Solo_Pax_Iolite.jpg

druminfected

Has anyone recently ordered directly from Ploom? I ordered mine yesterday, with 2day shipping because I need it for fridays adventure. They are closed i'm sure on the weekends, but just was curious thanks!

druminfected,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
A friend of mine ordered on the 5th, and got his yesterday. They are definitely shipping out, but not sure about the weekends. I have to say the tracking was BS, it still showed my pax was on the way after I had it. Same thing with my friend that just got his, tracking was worthless.

jambandphan03,

druminfected

A friend of mine ordered on the 5th, and got his yesterday. They are definitely shipping out, but not sure about the weekends. I have to say the tracking was BS, it still showed my pax was on the way after I had it. Same thing with my friend that just got his, tracking was worthless.

Ok thanks a lot jambandphan! I assume your friend didn't do the 2 day shipping and got free shipping? Good to know about the tracking info, I'll just be waiting for the package to all of a sudden arrive then heh.

druminfected,

bluesurfboy

I have to agree, the mouthpiece can be tricky at first. I watched all the videos, and thought I had a pretty good idea of what to expect, but still couldn't get the mouthpiece to stay down for most of the first day. I thought it was broken. Then I found the sweet spot, it's actually pre-click on mine. I push in slow and steady, and it sort of locks itself down then clicks. Once I got the hang of that, it stopped being an issue. I've also had a few times where my mouthpiece shot off when opening it just after a good cleaning :lol:

same here, does this mean you need to get the updated one?

bluesurfboy,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If the pax isn't in stock anywhere and they have made new mouth pieces and new covers for the herb chamber would it be wrong to assume that all future shipments would be the new ones? I can't understand why they wouldn't.

Dreamerr,

druminfected

If the pax isn't in stock anywhere and they have made new mouth pieces and new covers for the herb chamber would it be wrong to assume that all future shipments would be the new ones? I can't understand why they wouldn't.

actually I know 2 sites that have them in stock atm, but I will be getting mine this week and I will let you know about the new additions to the pax if there are any. :)

druminfected,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Willie some people said that the oven cover was to tight and didn't let enough air through. Since it wasn't a lot of people they may have just gotten a bad one. Also some have said they would like two covers one for big loads and one for smaller loads which would be a fantastic improvement if you wanted to take a few quick hits and continue on your way. To me it seems like the warm up time is perfect for doing a fast reup when needed but some don't want to worry about the load still burning and two oven covers would solve that I think. I think I am waiting for version 3 lol. It really looks like ploom may come out with the perfect vape at some point. You all love this vape so much can you imagine how much you would like it if you would have all your mods and improvements added right from production?

Dreamerr,

headdoctor

My Pax is on order and I'm looking forward to trying it. I've read most of this thread but I'm still not sure I understand this: if I pack a full oven and only do a couple draws, does the remaining material continue to heat/vaporize? To put that differently, could I pack a full oven and nurse it over an hour or more, turning the Pax on and off as needed? Or is the packed oven really just for one session at a time? (I guess I don't really know how many hits are possible from a full oven....)

headdoctor,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You can turn it on and off, it will cool fairly quick. Some of it may be considered lost in the heat up/cool down, probably not enough to worry about. Keeping it on low will also conserve and take less time to cool.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am loving my Pax, keep thinking of getting a second one :D Glad you had a good summer. I've been spending all my $ on vapes this year. I think I am getting to the fine tuning process. Took a while to figure out what I liked/needed in a vape. Technology is finally getting ahead too!

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
lol I almost got a second, but common sense got the best of me. It's like having two identical fast cars in your garage. Even if they are different colors they handle the same, go the same speed. Figured one is enough (unless of course one breaks and you need to send it in, you'd have a backup!) :)

druminfected

I am loving my Pax, keep thinking of getting a second one :D Glad you had a good summer. I've been spending all my $ on vapes this year. I think I am getting to the fine tuning process. Took a while to figure out what I liked/needed in a vape. Technology is finally getting ahead too!

Just curious if you got you looked at the inhalater vaporizer yet? Tried to do a search but didn't see anything. I'm awaiting my Pax atm, but am loving the inhalater right now. Time will tell though and when I finally get the pax i will definitely do some comparisons.

Glad most of you are loving the pax so far though. I look forward to it!

druminfected,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom