Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I decided to go with the Vaporstore.com blue pax, just ordered ( I think ) the website did not give me full confirmation but the Amazon payment method I chose shows payment went through. Man, does it seem like I am having some tough luck getting one of these in any kind of smooth way. I sent Vaporstore an email asking for order confirmation. I'll be hitting up the Ploom CS chat as soon as I know my order is good through Vaporstore, to set up a refund for the bad one. Hopefully try #2 goes better. I don't know much about Vaporstore or their customer service. I might be being a little impatient, I am hoping I made a good choice here, we shall see. Send me some positive thoughts you guys! Does any one know if I go through a store front (like vaporstore), do I still take up any defect/customer service issues with that store, or go to ploom directly?

jambandphan03,

skippy

Hi Skippy I got it from Vapeworld.com

All up cost about $300 AUD
$40-50 Ship forwarding.

You must use a voltage regulator to use it! Or you can try and use an adjustable power supply for our market.

Mine isn't charging So I got a DOA. It just stays orange when on dock.

If your keen PM me. I Can help you import it in
AHH thanks. I think I'll wait until its available for our market, I read some pages back that is supposed to be available here soonish.

skippy,
Hi all, noob here down in the 'land of the long white cloud', or soon will be if my cunning plan to import a pax comes to fruition.
Vapeworld offer to post to NZ/Aust why use a ship/freight forwarder??

foreskinfred,

mik3y

PAX, WISPR, MFLB
No they don't. Hence Why I had to go forwarding.
They cancelled my order and asked if I had a friend in USA who can ship it for me

mik3y,
No they don't. Hence Why I had to go forwarding.
They cancelled my order and asked if I had a friend in USA who can ship it for me

This is straight from the Vapeworld website so I don't get it.

We provide shipping options through the United States Postal Service for every country all over the world, we didn't call ourselves Vape WORLD for nothing. We have many friends who have ordered in countires like Bulgaria, Brasil, Ukraine, Australia and of course Ireland.

foreskinfred,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
If I'm not mistaken.... the directive is from Ploom due to the voltage variance and their warranty until they release a distinctive model.

kronickidd

so how often are people cleaning theirs? and how? trying to avoid the sticky white button ... haven't clean mine yet... and i used it about 6 times day for the last 2 days..... any suggestions... i know pipe clean thru the air way... but any other tips we should look out for?

kronickidd,
Reactions: willieR

jambandphan03

in flavor country
q-tip/iso in the oven/screen/lid area (careful not to get it too wet) you can also, swab the mouthpiece off with a qtip as well, keep the mouth piece sanitary, and keep the little metal ring that slides up and down on the mouthpiece tube from sticking. Also want to make sure all the Iso is dry before use.

jambandphan03,

kronickidd

TC2012 use this code for 12% off at vape world... just ordered screens, mouth piece, oven door and a new dock to leave at work...

kronickidd,

willieR

Been here since 2009
The mouthpiece is fine with Iso? I use 99% because it cleans so well, but if a plastic is suceptable, it'll hurt it worse. As commented earlier in this thread, I wonder what Ethanol like 199 Proof Everclear would do to the white plastic temp switch. Might not be sensitive to ethanol like it is with Isopropyl.

willieR,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
So after my first Paxing since getting the Vape Tool Mini Tool, I gotta tell you guys...this thing should be sold with the Pax that's how much this thing mates perfectly. I mean, look at how the packing end matches the oven...

2012-08-31_10-48-49_195.jpg

It's the best $5 a Pax owner can spend IMO. And it also works great for getting the screen out and then re-seating it after cleaning. It makes stirring the load fun :p

edit: better pic

mik3y

PAX, WISPR, MFLB
This is straight from the Vapeworld website so I don't get it.

We provide shipping options through the United States Postal Service for every country all over the world, we didn't call ourselves Vape WORLD for nothing. We have many friends who have ordered in countires like Bulgaria, Brasil, Ukraine, Australia and of course Ireland.
That is too all other items. If you try and actually make the purchase you will see - Pax is only available to be shipped to US or Canada addresses at this time.

best speak to a vape world Cs and see if they have change their minds

mik3y,

HSIHP

TC2012 use this code for 12% off at vape world... just ordered screens, mouth piece, oven door and a new dock to leave at work...

This code did not work for me. Then again I'm trying to buy the Pax, not accessories. Any one have a working coupon code?

HSIHP,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So after my first Paxing since getting the Vape Tool Mini Tool, I gotta tell you guys...
Nice- where did you get it? I want one for sure!

Tstat,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot

jambandphan03

in flavor country
alrighty... got order confimration and shipping notice from vaporstore.com, got Ploom to change my return status to refund rather than exchange, waiting for mailman to pick up broken pax, and now it's just a matter of waiting till next week when the 2nd blue pax should be arriving. Really I like the blue color, its subtle enough to not feel like it's grabbing attention to itself. Maybe after I get some payments caught up, I may still go after a 2nd pax, and get the purple. So things are liniing up much better today than they seemed to be last night. :tup:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
My PAX needs a extreme cleaning. I decided to push it to the limit. I went like 12-15 sessions with out cleaning it... I lost count. :( It was like 2 weeks though.

Finally the button got stuck when I pushed it down. It stayed there for a moment and then rocketed off across the room. That to me was the sign that I pushed to to the limit. I am going to see how easy it is to clean from "ultra dirty".

Slightly Medicated,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
^ It's not so bad. I went a dozen or more sessions without cleaning and it's the same routine just more resin on your pipe cleaner. I'm thinking of getting some more screens though because I can't seem to get all the buildup off it.

tranceporter,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom