Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKickass

.....nice.....how long did it take you to finish that....you did have help?!

The hash got black quickly but the taste stayed pretty consistent, earthy like bubble hash. I'm saving the abv hash and the keif because I'm sure there's tons of thc left and it could have gotten 3-4 people fully medicated if you just kept drawing on it, I just like the taste of flower in the Pax better :tup:

turk

turk
...I'm clapping too...I use my keif trovel to lay a bed of that on top of flower ....then flower over that....never have just filled the whole thing up with hash....my way I get multiple uses of the hash....of course it's less potent...

tig420

cant wait for tomorrow when the fed ex guy brings me my replacement pax so i can join the fucking fun

tig420,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
As much as I really want the PAX.... I'll hv to sit back and wait for a v2 with the updates that will cover these small but important issues many are experiencing.

Smokum, u took the words right out of my mouth. :) I'm starting to think it could be a blessing in disguise :tup: that Pax is not yet available here in Oz, except through a forwarding service, and obtaining a (risky?) 220 - 240 voltage converter. (That would probably void the warranty too.) :cry:

I sent my Iolite back and they sent me a new one"

Me too. Before sending it back, I vaped a couple of bowls of peppermint, followed by two or three of damiana (an aphrodisiac, in case you didn't already know.) :drool:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

JoeKickass

Smokum, u took the words right out of my mouth. :) I'm starting to think it could be a blessing in disguise :tup: that Pax is not yet available here in Oz, except through a forwarding service, and obtaining a (risky?) 220 - 240 voltage converter. (That would probably void the warranty too.) :cry:

1) When smokum first said that he got a lot of likes by people who don't have Pax's.

2) People who actually have Pax's looked at him like "huh? Pax is the shit!"

3) You've never used a voltage converter? Don't you have anything from the US?

Warranties are only voided by things that are noticeable, unless you plug your Pax straight into 230v and it explodes, Ploom aren't going to notice/care if you properly charged it from something else.

And also, did you not see me vape straight bubble and kief? And the Pax does it without needing cleaning, I vaped a flower bowl just now and it tasted wonderful!

Hai_Rypo_T'head

1) When smokum first said that he got a lot of likes by people who don't have Pax's.

2) People who actually have Pax's looked at him like "huh? Pax is the shit!"

3) You've never used a voltage converter? Don't you have anything from the US?

Warranties are only voided by things that are noticeable, unless you plug your Pax straight into 230v and it explodes, Ploom aren't going to notice/care if you properly charged it from something else.

And also, did you not see me vape straight bubble and kief? And the Pax does it without needing cleaning, I vaped a flower bowl just now and it tasted wonderful!

Thanks JK, I'll reconsider, re-load my Solo asap, then sit back and watch you "vape straight bubble and kief". :cool:
PS Most US companies, such as Apple, make export versions of their products, adapted to 220 - 240 volt countries like Oz. No need for voltage converters.

Hai_Rypo_T'head,
Reactions: JoeKickass
Just got my new blue Pax in hand and first impressions is its a quality product. I do however have concerns about Loosing the oven door or even having it open In my pocket because it really does not hold tight. A quick flick of the wrist will send it flying so i assume an accidental drop will produce a "yard sale" effect with parts flying in different directions! i havent tried it yet because im waiting for someone with a sence of smell to be present to give me an idea on just how stealth this Is really gonna be. Just looking at it it looks like an mp3 player no doubt and I just can't see anybody asking what It Is cause when its in your hand very little of it can be seen. Anyway these are my first Impressions.

I would still like to know if anybody has ever vaped Hookha Shisha in any portable vape?

Latinrascal,

JoeKickass

Thanks JK, I'll reconsider, re-load my Solo asap, then sit back and watch you "vape straight bubble and kief". :cool:
PS Most US companies, such as Apple, make export versions of their products, adapted to 220 - 240 volt countries like Oz. No need for voltage converters.

Yeah I didn't mean to come off all pompous, I just love this thing so much I can't bear the thought of anyone being deprived of one... Pax for All!

I'm right there with you on the transformer though, I was surprised to see it wasn't an international 110-240v, which isn't hard to do...

Elvis

bricked
One week down with my new PAX in New Zealand and I love this thing! Blows my puffit out of the water.. just sayn' haha.
Ive had no problems with charging over here.. picked up a power supply from the local electronics shop, works a treat.
Happy vaping all!
:peace:

Pax!!!

Got my Pax today and couldn't wait to try it. Not only because it is a Pax, but my very first vape. Therefore I have no other vapes or experience to compare to, and WOW is all I have to say!

But here's my noob questions... I see how many of you talk about your "sessions" (which last 5-7 minutes, on average, including warm-up), and you are achieving about 9-12 sessions on a full charge - or about an hour in total run-time. How many draws are you taking per session? How many draws/sessions are you getting from a fully-packed oven?

I'm kind of an efficiency-obsessed nerd and I'm curious as to what I can expect. Although I'll certainly find out in time on my own as I plan to start tracking my experiences. I'm also curious about your experiences.

In case anyone is curious, my very first ever session was about just about 3 minutes - 45 seconds to let the Pax warm up, and then 3 gentle but moderate volume draws over the course of the remaining 2 minutes and some odd seconds.

Pax!!!,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Wow! FC have just awarded me a trophy! I'll have to add that to my CV, when I'm looking for a job.

:love::clap::tup:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

JoeKickass

How many draws are you taking per session? How many draws/sessions are you getting from a fully-packed oven?

A single-person 0.2-0.3g half-packed bowl will last maybe 6-12 pulls/mouthfuls, but a fully packed Pax will last far longer. I would estimate as many as 20-30 hits from a 0.4-0.7g bowl, and the taste will stay pretty good if you flip the block over after 6-12 pulls.

As always, the Pax will be producing vapor when you are so high you need to click it off, I've never had bud in it and it didn't produce vapor... no matter how spent the abv was.

JoeKickass,

Pax!!!

A single-person 0.2-0.3g half-packed bowl will last maybe 6-12 pulls/mouthfuls, but a fully packed Pax will last far longer. I would estimate as many as 20-30 hits from a 0.4-0.7g bowl, and the taste will stay pretty good if you flip the block over after 6-12 pulls.

As always, the Pax will be producing vapor when you are so high you need click it off, I've never had bud in it and it didn't produce vapor... no matter how spent the abv was.

Thanks, Joekickass. Sorry to ask, but when you say "flip the block", what are you saying exactly?

Pax!!!,

Pax!!!

Just got my new blue Pax in hand and first impressions is its a quality product. I do however have concerns about Loosing the oven door or even having it open In my pocket because it really does not hold tight. A quick flick of the wrist will send it flying so i assume an accidental drop will produce a "yard sale" effect with parts flying in different directions! i havent tried it yet because im waiting for someone with a sence of smell to be present to give me an idea on just how stealth this Is really gonna be. Just looking at it it looks like an mp3 player no doubt and I just can't see anybody asking what It Is cause when its in your hand very little of it can be seen. Anyway these are my first Impressions.

I would still like to know if anybody has ever vaped Hookha Shisha in any portable vape?

HaHa! I've been thinking the very same EXACT things today!!! - which is my very first day with my Pax.

I have two concerns… #1 is that if someone sees a sexy and exotic brushed aluminum "device" on top of my dresser or in a desk drawer, etc., they will likely pick it up, f with it, and start asking questions and/or figuring it out. I don't need that - understand that I'm a professional and I don't want any of my non-smoking friends/colleagues or any ofthe other people in and out of my house, like relatives, the cleaning lady, etc. to even see it. If they do, it’s likely going to be an issue.

And #2, like an Apple “I” device, it is fairly rugged (aluminum versus cheap plastic), but still a delicate piece of electronics that will likely get cosmetically damaged if dropped on a hard/abrasive surface (like concrete) at around 2’ and likely mechanical/internal damage if dropped continually and/or at more realistic dropping heights (>3’).

Therefore, if the Pax has any downsides - it's that it's both sexy and somewhat fragile - considering the smallest scratch will make you sigh if not cry.

But I feel there are a couple of simple solutions and one suggestion for Ploom…

First and foremost, I plan to treat my Pax like I have all my Apple "i" devices - like a baby. That means it needs some form of case or holder that it can slide into. My first thoughts are something rubber or neoprene (like wetsuit material) that it can snugly stretch into. This would not only protect the Pax from the impact of a big fall (and potentially having a yard sale, as Latinrascal brings up), it would also somewhat conceal it. It would essentially be like a coozie for your Pax. A casual glance would probably not strike one’s attention. However, I wouldn’t suggest using the Pax while in such a holder, as you wouldn’t want to potentially damage your Pax from overheating.

Second, beyond basic protection, I also want some peace-of-mind security as well. What I mean by this is that I want to conceal the device in something secure yet inconspicuous at the same time. My original thoughts on this would be something like an ultra-compact camera case like this one (http://www.caselogic.com/en-US/US/Products/Camera-Cases/View-All/TBC_-_301_-_BLACK_-__-_UltraCompactCameraCase#) with the added feature of a combo lock on the zipper (like a small luggage combo lock).

Third, I feel an intelligent business move on Ploom’s part, in addition to making such holders and cases I mentioned above – which would be an almost certain and profitable secondary revenue stream), would be to start making very inconspicuous vapes based off the technology and form factor of the Pax. A perfect example is an MP3 player – as many on this forum already think it looks like anyway. That’s great, but pretty quickly after one would pick it up they’d quickly realize there is no headphone jack. If a dummy jack existed, it would, I predict, result in someone putting it down realizing what it is. So that’s the easiest, but I’ll take it one step further…

What if the Pax could be an MP3 player as well as a vape? Apple did it by combining the iPod with a cell phone, right? It doesn’t have to be an MP3 player either – it can be a functional digital camera, or even a PaxPhone J. My point simply being the stealth and camouflage factor.

Ok, I digress. I need to put my Pax down or I’ll keep rambling. I’m just really excited about the possibilities here, and would love to hear what you all think about this…

Pax!!!,
Reactions: rayski
One week down with my new PAX in New Zealand and I love this thing! Blows my puffit out of the water.. just sayn' haha.
Ive had no problems with charging over here.. picked up a power supply from the local electronics shop, works a treat.
Happy vaping all!
:peace:

i couldn't agree with you more, i felt like i wasted money with my puffit, it just sits there and smells of pool chemicals all day...

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Thanks, Joekickass. Sorry to ask, but when you say "flip the block", what are you saying exactly?
He means the block of the material. When you pack it in there and it vaporizes, it keeps the shape of the "oven" bowl, so when it comes out, it looks like a brick of... stuff. That's the brick, you flip it upside down so that the top part that didn't touch the oven bottom, will this time around.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Pax!!!

He means the block of the material. When you pack it in there and it vaporizes, it keeps the shape of the "oven" bowl, so when it comes out, it looks like a brick of... stuff. That's the brick, you flip it upside down so that the top part that didn't touch the oven bottom, will this time around.
Ahhh.... Thanks Quetzalcoatl!!!

JoeKickass

I have two concerns… #1 is that if someone sees a sexy and exotic brushed aluminum "device" on top of my dresser or in a desk drawer, etc., they will likely pick it up... I don't want any of my non-smoking friends/colleagues or any ofthe other people in and out of my house, like relatives, the cleaning lady, etc. to even see it.
#2, like an Apple “I” device, it is fairly rugged (aluminum versus cheap plastic), but still a delicate piece of electronics that will likely get cosmetically damaged if dropped on a hard/abrasive surface...
Therefore, if the Pax has any downsides - it's that it's both sexy and somewhat fragile - considering the smallest scratch will make you sigh if not cry.

Nice to have yet another articulate newcomer! This forum is just fantastic for bringing the inquisitive-types together :tup:

While I agree the Pax looks like a "smart device" the fact is, you never have to bring it out when your not vaping! I keep mine in a spot in my room at home, and in my pocket when I'm out, it's not the kind of thing you leave lying around. Like your cellphone, it's always with you or in a specific spot if it's charging, so you know where it is. It looks expensive, and it is, but it's more than just money if it's lost or stolen, it's your Pax!

And to the durability, the finish on mine has been remarkably tough. My Onyx Pax has been carried with keys and dropped on concrete and tile, and you've seen the pictures of it; only minor chips at the edges of the aluminum. I wouldn't be surprised if you could drop this from several stories and find it working...

JoeKickass,
Reactions: Dammit

Dammit

I'm really impressed by the build quality of these things. I figure I'll lose my pax before it actually breaks.

Dammit,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom