Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkrom

Great Scott!
This is the best engendered portable vape on the market IMO.

Impossible claim to be making here...

And I say that as someone with great interest in adding this to my lineup eventually. Finances first since I have a VERY well engineered portable right now to use while waiting on price drops/used models to show up. ;)

darkrom,

Drastic

Vape4Life
Impossible claim to be making here...

And I say that as someone with great interest in adding this to my lineup eventually. Finances first since I have a VERY well engineered portable right now to use while waiting on price drops/used models to show up. ;)

IDK about impossible but I did state imo. This thing definitely employs the the most advanced mechanics in a portable vape, as well as most advanced electronics.

darkrom

Great Scott!
IDK about impossible but I did state imo. This thing definitely employs the the most advanced mechanics in a portable vape, as well as most advanced electronics.

I was kind of busting your balls, but it also was a pretty "drastic" claim :lol:

I would just think it would be easy to argue that others might be better engineered based on the subjectivity of the word. For example the pax can't be run over by a car and survive I would imagine, yet the thermovape can. That is one aspect of the different engineering that could be called better. But on the other hand does the TV have an electronic gauge and 3 simple to use temperature settings? Nope. So the Pax is better engineered in that usage of the word.

Just a shitstorm claim waiting to happen haha. I am hoping you understand I'm just trying to be peaceful here. I really do dig the pax and would love to get my hands on one. I just think the word engineering means a whole lot of things to a whole lot of people.:2c:

Nevertheless the positive reviews on the pax only make me want one more and more. I'm debating posting up my hydracirc in the classifieds to try to trade for a pax somehow. Count me as "following with interest".

darkrom,

mscm888

My Cloud and MFLB are holding me over for my home / portable needs.

But the more I read this thread the more I am leaning towards the Pax replacing my box.

mscm888,
Reactions: darkrom

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
on another note I notice that placing a mouthpiece less pax on the charger for a second, then taking it off will turn off the device if you wish to clean it with that light off. Pop the fleshly cleaned & dry mouthpiece back on your clean pax and your good to go. (as far as I can tell)

Drastic

Vape4Life
Just a shitstorm claim waiting to happen haha. I am hoping you understand I'm just trying to be peaceful here. I really do dig the pax and would love to get my hands on one. I just think the word engineering means a whole lot of things to a whole lot of people.:2c:

yah definitely, but hmmm the pax may still work if it gets run over but the ends might crimp a little so yah TV would win there. I love my pax so much and as an engineering student, I find the perfect balance of mechanical and electronic engineering that went into this is awesome.

Hello all, first post just signed up because of this thread and I apologize in advance for any noob mistakes I may make.

On to my questions; has anybody ever tried to vaporize hookha shisha as a cover scent for stealth reasons and for flavor enhancement? I ordered a Pax on monday and was supposed to be here today but turns out it got left behind somewhere and won't be here till tomorrow. I'm dieing to know if this will work in the Pax by mixing in a small amount of some lemon, blueberry , mint etc! Also I have no sense of smell, which does effect my tastes buds, so I'm at a bit of A disadvantage here. How bad does it smell when packed full and vaping? About how much of a buffer zone will I need between me and others to remain stealth, about 10 feet or so?

Latinrascal,

Drastic

Vape4Life
Honestly it's not really the newest idea (conduction, mflb-type vaping), but it's in a package that's so gorgeous and easy to use it's hard to do anything but love it! It just works.

Was referring to the mouthpiece switch and electronics and how its all perfectly fit in this tiny, easy to use unit, not the idea of conduction vaping. I don't think any other portable vape can come close to the design(form+function) of this bad boy, then again most other vapes aren't designed by bad ass design firms either, thanks again Pocobor!!

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
So am I the only one who ordered the eBay Cobra car adapter? Just curious...

Mine shipped today so i should be able to give a yes or no by Saturday, or at the latest Monday

JoeKickass

So am I the only one who ordered the eBay Cobra car adapter? Just curious...

Mine shipped today so i should be able to give a yes or no by Saturday, or at the latest Monday

I haven't ordered one yet, but check this out: http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/product_p/ppc-021.htm

"works with... Cobra... radar... that utilize a 1.3mm x 3.5mm barrell connector."

Which is exactly what I measured. And Ploom emailed me back saying any voltage 9-18v will work so you should be golden

JoeKickass,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
JDSupreme,

2clicker

Observer
As much as I really want the PAX.... I'll hv to sit back and wait for a v2 with the updates that will cover these small but important issues many are experiencing.

THEN..... I'll be on it like a fly on a turd ;)

im feeling the same way. with this and the INH.

i just dont want to be waiting another year...

2clicker,

dudeeitsbrian

im feeling the same way. with this and the INH.

i just dont want to be waiting another year...
all the problems are caused by improper use/cleaning of the device... i have had a sticky mouthpiece, fixed it by cleaning it. i have had a sticky button, fixed it by slowly pressing it in many times until it stopped sticking (wont get a pool of iso near it again).

what makes you think ploom is going to fix these "issues"? the 10 year warranty is there for a reason ;)

dudeeitsbrian,
Reactions: Dammit

2clicker

Observer
all the problems are caused by improper use/cleaning of the device... i have had a sticky mouthpiece, fixed it by cleaning it. i have had a sticky button, fixed it by slowly pressing it in many times until it stopped sticking (wont get a pool of iso near it again).

what makes you think ploom is going to fix these "issues"? the 10 year warranty is there for a reason ;)

i would rather not have to clean it weekly or bi-weekly to keep everything functioning properly. ive been using my Evo for months and still havent cleaned it (although it could use it). and it still work perfectly every time its fired up. i know the Pax issues are minimal and easily fixable. and im not trying to knock it it any way. its just that im still on the fence between the Pax and INH and shouldnt really be purchasing any more vapes right this moment. im going to let it ride a little longer and see how all these new devices play out.

besides my Evo works amazing. its the battery life situation is its only negative... but a huge negative indeed. personally if i was in a MM state and had access to concentrates on the regular, then i wouldnt even be considering a portable loose leaf vape at all. between Omi carts and a Dart the 17670 works for days and is much faster than any flower cart/device.

im good for now, but look forward to the inevitable improvements to the Pax and INH.

2clicker,
Reactions: darkrom

Dammit

I agree. I've experience all-of-the-above "problems" with my pax as well, but all were solved by either trial and error, a good cleaning, or just resolved itself. This thing has it's "charms" if you will, but I love it nonetheless. I haven't regretted buying this thing one single second since I've owned it, and I'm a cheap sonofabitch that's currently "under employed" :smug:

JoeKickass

Ohhh man $5? I would be afraid of that thing... this is the one of the better one's I think: http://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-invert...tebook/dp/B003Q54V88/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Or this if you want to power lots of things: http://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-inverter-motorola-blackberry-notebook/dp/B003ODVN88/ref=pd_cp_e_1

But these are pretty bulky, and I like to use them for back-up in case I lose the car charger

JoeKickass,

Steve S.

Not sure whether anyone's brought this up but I'm trying something that might help the sticky button issues. When you're finished and want to put the Pax on the charger, inverse the units. Put the charger on top of the Pax and the secretions from the process will stay put & not enter into the vapor pathway .... Just an idea that seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom