Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

PortVape

I've never used a Vaporizer before but I'll be ordering one tonight. I have read plenty of reviews for portable vaporizers and I've decided on purchasing either DaVinci or Pax. Could you give any advice as to which one should I go for? Should I order DaVinci right now or should I wait for Pax for another month? Could you list the pros and cons of the two?

PortVape,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I've never used a Vaporizer before but I'll be ordering one tonight. I have read plenty of reviews for portable vaporizers and I've decided on purchasing either DaVinci or Pax. Could you give any advice as to which one should I go for? Should I order DaVinci right now or should I wait for Pax for another month? Could you list the pros and cons of the two?

Welcome to FC mate.

Please keep in mind that this product is brand new and if you really want an objective opinion you should wait a little bit longer.

DaVinci has been much longer likewise TV and solo, so I suggest you read a little more about those vapes...I can tell you from my experience the solo is amazing but DaVinci is much more stealthy

PortVape

Welcome to FC mate.

Please keep in mind that this product is brand new and if you really want an objective opinion you should wait a little bit longer.

DaVinci has been much longer likewise TV and solo, so I suggest you read a little more about those vapes...I can tell you from my experience the solo is amazing but DaVinci is much more stealthy

Thanks for the advice! Though I'd still like to know what Slightly Medicated's opinion on this.

PortVape,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I agree that I think I need more time with the unit before I make an assessment like that. I have not decided which one I prefer the DaVinci or PAX.

Here is where I stand so far. I would pick the PAX over the MFLB. I would pick the PAX over the Solo. I am not sure about the PAX vs DaVinci. The PAX and the DaVinci are both fantastic devices.

If you medicate ALLOT you would prefer the PAX I think. The PAX is the first portable I have ever tried that gets me medicated enough with one session. Usually, I have to do two sessions in the DaVinci, two sessions in the ThermoVape (T1 and Evolution), or 2-3 sessions in the Solo.

I think which unit you will pick depends on how much you like to medicate. If you feel more then medicated enough with .15 grams worth of material then the DaVinci might be more efficient for you. If you feel like you prefer to medicate using more like .25 grams of material then you would enjoy the PAX more.

All of that being said... I have only been using it for 24 hours. I need at least 7-14 days of solid use before I can really commit to anything. You never know the PAX might quit working on me tomorrow. I find most major mechanical issues pop up with in the first week or two of use.

togepi258

Thanks for the advice! Though I'd still like to know what Slightly Medicated's opinion on this.

The Thermovape is incredible. I've taken it out at bars, the super market, and even the movie theater. I personally didn't like the solo, and I've heard the DaVinci makes noise (Plus, it uses butane). Now, I'm not dissing them, I'm sure they're great. But, for me, the ThermoVape is sick. Brutal hits that get me more medicated than my volcano.

But, since this is the PAX thread, the PAX is looking REALLY good. I know you're looking for Slightly Medicated's opinion, but just thought I would drop in my :2c: I will probably end up dropping the money on the PAX. I was going to pick up the PuffIt, but this is looking like a much better choice.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
and I've heard the DaVinci makes noise (Plus, it uses butane)
Sorry, but miss information. The da vinci does not use butane. Runs on a lithium polymer battery like the pax or solo. Also the unit only makes a what 16? hz frequency when charging, which most people over the age of 18 can't hear anyway. Cheers

kushcabbage,

togepi258

WOOPS! Sorry sorry...I was thinking of the WISPR. Still really early.

In fact, I've heard awesome things about the DaVinci. I almost picked one up, before I decided to wait to see how the PAX does.

togepi258,
Reactions: t-dub

zibz

hello been lurking for a while here, just got a few q's

is the battery user replaceable?

is it possible to vaporize hash some way in this?

The pax looks great but the price seems too steep, hope it comes down soon ;)

zibz,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
WOOPS! Sorry sorry...I was thinking of the WISPR. Still really early.

In fact, I've heard awesome things about the DaVinci. I almost picked one up, before I decided to wait to see how the PAX does.

If you want a vaporizer that can do both outside and inside vaping, the DV is a better option IMO.

If you care mainly about the stealth issue and already have options to keep you happy at home, the PAX would fill that role better.

vorrange,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Poeple already covered the DaVinci thing... it runs on a battery actually. I have not had a chance to compare the battery life of the DaVinci and the PAX. They seem similar so far, I think they have about the same battery life... maybe the PAX lasts a little longer. The PAX seems to have a better battery then the Solo.

The battery is not user replaceable.

I am not so sure about vaporizing hash in this thing... I am leaning towards no. I think you could break it up and sprinkle it in with some flowers, like you would keif. I don't think straight up hash would work very well though. I could be mistaken.

monacokid

HIGH ABV
one thing id really like to know is if the unit truly does have 2 hours of continuous use? if not is the battery life more comparable to the solo or davinci because the solo is far superior in my books on battery life

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Well I have not been puffing on it for 2 hours straight yet. I ran the battery down yesterday though. This was after doing 3-4 sessions and messing around with it for the first four hours. I was turning it on and off, letting it heat up and cool down, trying to figure out how to active the party mode, and just messing around with it in general. I did allot of fiddling with the unit while it was turned on. I would say it lasted close to 2 hours. I messed with it for about 3.5 to 4 hours off and on before battery died.

Maybe I have a weaker Solo but I always found the DaVinci battery lasts longer then my Solo.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Vicki

monacokid

HIGH ABV
well thats good to hear, it seems the pax has definitely kept up with the hype it had. im just eager to see the cloud production video, as SM attests to have nice thick cloud production through the unit, and do the temperature changes have a huge time factor in how quickly you can finish your bowl?

monacokid,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have about 60 minutes left on last nights upload it is 79% uploaded as of this post. That video is an OKAY video in terms of cloud production. I just finished up shooting and am currently editing the 3rd and 4th video.

One of the videos is a close up of the mouthpiece and oven (per request).

The other video is my session from this morning. That video out of all of them captures the cloud production best. That should be in up about 4-5 hours... uploading the files is taking the most time.

This last session I tried to vaporize with a purpose. I wanted to see how quickly I could get the session done. It took me about 9 minutes from start to finish.

damienm420

Ya, ive noticed the solo battery is definitely not as good as it was when new. Also, im sure if you put some cotton in the oven of the PAX and the hash on top, it would work. How good? Idk lol but how is the airflow compared to other vapes?

damienm420,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
It feels like hitting a well rolled joint. The PAX is easier to pull on the the regular Solo stem. It is about equal maybe a little harder to pull on then the Solo with a PVHES (PlanetVape High Efficiency Stem). It has more drag then the DaVinci. It has about the same amount of drag as a properly packed Thermovape Evolution or T1. The ThermoVape might edge out the PAX but it is close.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: missrocket

damienm420

It feels like hitting a well rolled joint. The PAX is easier to pull on the the regular Solo stem. It is about equal maybe a little harder to pull on then the Solo with a PVHES (PlanetVape High Efficiency Stem). It has more drag then the DaVinci. It has about the same amount of drag as a properly packed Thermovape Evolution or T1. The ThermoVape might edge out the PAX but it is close.

Hm, that sounds good to me. I mean, it wasnt a real effort for you to hit it right?
I'm really liking this vape so far, big bowl size, one piece vape, stealthy, sleek, good battery (so far). Just need to see how everything else compares in your next vids :) thanks

damienm420,

JoeKickass

Can you go in depth in terms of taste a bit...

In your first video on your first bowl:
-In my mind the green setting was that tingly very flavorful initial hit like an evo warming up
-The hits on orange were decent and hopefully flavor was still very good?
-Those last hits on red were amazing did they really not taste burnt?

JoeKickass,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Thanks so much for the constant coverage SM. Im interested in the flavor like Joe - I love my No2 but the flavor comes no where near the TV or any of my desktops but it produces vapor better than others IMO. If the PAX offers flavor like the Buddha or the Aromed I am in like Flynn! lol

mvapes,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Okay to answer your question.

The yellow/lowest setting had lots of flavor. I could see a tiny bit of vapor. The flavor was the most intense.
The orange/medium setting had great flavor. I would put it on par with the DaVinci (maybe better), better then the Solo, and similar to the ThermoVape for the first few hits.
The red/high was not bad. You could taste the ABV flavor starting to appear at the high setting. Not burnt tasting, but it did taste toasted popcorn/nuts.

Here is my experience with my normal sessions. I start on medium and switch to high about 1/2 or 2/3rd of the way though the session. The first 4/5 hits on medium are great. After that once it starts to slow down the vapor production and taste a little ABV, I switch it over to red/high. On red/high I get more vapor but the taste gets progressively more ABV toasted popcorn/nutty tasting.

Also here is the video you requested Joe:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The 2nd usage video is done uploading. This video is an entire session though the device. I was not in a hurry, so I took my time and tried to stretch the session out. I wanted to see how far I could push the session and the material inside. I start on medium and work my way up to high. I probably went about 4-5 minutes longer then I normally would.

It looks like the heat up time of the unit to medium was around 1 minute 20 seconds.

I tried to count the hits but I might be off by one or two. I got 26 hits total from what I counted. I got 15 hits from the medium setting, and I got 11 hits off the red/high sitting.

I also demonstrate party mode, and how to activate it.

Lastly, I show the ABV quality.

I got some good shots of vapor production... although the next video I am uploading has the best.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
The 2nd usage video is done uploading. This video is an entire session though the device. I was not in a hurry, so I took my time and tried to stretch the session out. I wanted to see how far I could push the session and the material inside. I start on medium and work my way up to high. I probably went about 4-5 minutes longer then I normally would.

It looks like the heat up time of the unit to medium was around 1 minute 20 seconds.

I got some good shots of vapor production... although the next video I am uploading has the best.

Dude - much appreciated. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom