Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKickass

Joe-K-A, did you cut the wires, then replace with heat shrink? How'd you make the connection to the new battery? So cool!

VapeNazi, you have been running this for a while? Must be quite a ways back in this thread? Thanks for being the first!

Less than 2 weeks ago hahaha, this thread grows fast! You can browse the pages around page 50 to see pics from when we got the first Pax's

I desoldered from the pcb, so the original wires are still on the old battery, then I used new wires... not easy to do without making a mess though...

JoeKickass,

terpsfan726

Less than 2 weeks ago hahaha, this thread grows fast! You can browse the pages around page 50 to see pics from when we got the first Pax's

I desoldered from the pcb, so the original wires are still on the old battery, then I used new wires... not easy to do without making a mess though...

was thinking about doing this until i read about soldering + desoldering, which has never really worked out for me in the past :/

terpsfan726,

JoeKickass

was thinking about doing this until i read about soldering + desoldering, which has never really worked out for me in the past :/

Yeah but I'm a perfectionist... I think the easy way would be to rip the plates at the end of the wires off the old battery and then try to bend and fold them so when you put the new battery in, it holds the wires in place. It's tight in there so it shouldn't be too hard, just wrap the yellow tape back up and make sure the wires can't come loose. The Pax won't turn on until you put it on the charger and reset it.

EDIT: Didn't you loose yours in a wall? I would make sure you can afford a new one first ;):D

terpsfan726

Yeah but I'm a perfectionist... I think the easy way would be to rip the plates at the end of the wires off the old battery and then try to bend and fold them so when you put the new battery in, it holds the wires in place. It's tight in there so it shouldn't be too hard, just wrap the yellow tape back up and make sure the wires can't come loose. The Pax won't turn on until you put it on the charger and reset it.

EDIT: Didn't you loose yours in a wall? I would make sure you can afford a new one first ;):D

YES i am the one that lost his pax in the wall, but i just hit a hole in the damn wall and grabbed the pax out after one day of it being lost..... actually... uhm i mean the skateboard slammed into the wall..ya

Could have been the happiest day of my life when i got the pax back.

ehh i wont take the risk of messing my beautiful pax, and potentially ruining it

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Alrighty, folks... A clean Pax is a happy Pax, indeed! Listen to the man in Ploom's cleaning video. More often is more awesome! :tup:

Vapinghole,
Reactions: Dammit

dudeeitsbrian

My original Pax battery flashed yellow at 16mins, the new battery?

30min green and counting :cool:
im fucking jealous now.... want to mod pax.... don't know if i can handle losing the 10 year warranty though :p

any chance we can get some pics of your work?

dudeeitsbrian,

JoeKickass

How much to get you to do the mod, or to get Pax to offer this update?
With this new nuclear-powered Pax I have even less time on my hands... if you want to try, make sure you can afford a new one, then do this:
I think the easy way would be to rip the plates at the end of the wires off the old battery and then try to bend and fold them so when you put the new battery in, it holds the wires in place. It's tight in there so it shouldn't be too hard, just wrap the yellow tape back up and make sure the wires can't come loose. The Pax won't turn on until you put it on the charger and reset it.

I vote for JKA to make us the perfect vape.
It's the Pax, it really is...

I just made it last longer;)

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
JKA it isn't perfect yet cause to many returns and issues with sticking buttons. They need to change some of the material so you can clean and not worry. I still vote for you to make the perfect one cause the PAX isn't it at least yet.

Dreamerr,

Dammit

So what do you guys think? Cobalt or Onyx? (or Amethyst?) Oh decisions decisions...
It depends on what you want. If you want something stealthy, something you could hide in plain view and wouldn't draw a second glance, onyx for sure. If you want some cool looking, but might be too cool looking and might draw some unwanted attention or questions, go with the cobalt.

I have an onyx one and it gets lost just sitting on my coffee table, sitting beside my cell phone and remotes etc. I admit, the cobalt is beautiful but if it was sitting in the exact same spot on my table, it would stand out like a sore thumb. It'd be something you want to pick up and look at. Plus, the early availability of the onyx pax didn't help convince me to get the cobalt one either.

tig420

tomorrow will be a week since i sent my Pax back to vapeworld to exchange it for one that charges and i still havent heard anything from them. I am getting very anxious hopefully they will contact me tomorrow and let me know whats going on. Its nice golf weather this week and i want to take this thing out on the course with me.

tig420,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Joe KA, Where can I get these batteries? Any last words before I buy the Pax and super battery?

willieR,

Espo

Looking to order a Pax today. What accessories should I order while I'm at it?

Get some extra screens. You can clean the one it came with but you'll want to replace it after about a couple months of use, at least that's what I am planning. My screen was pretty dirty (very dark brown, almost black buildup) after a week of heavy use, but I simply scrapped it clean with a single sided razor blade and rubbed it down with a small hunk of steel wool and ISO. It came very clean and looked almost brand new.

Espo,
Reactions: willieR

willieR

Been here since 2009
Thank you both. So I'll get some replacement screens. I'll keep an eye on the orbtronic. Thanks!

willieR,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom