Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCfunkyJ

(*_*)__~
Heeeey Joe,

Can you break it down w/ the hiZzy (bubble, wax, oil) n maybe take pics of the abv of those sessions?

I want a portable that can do it all! I thought the Davinci was a piece of art until it was exposed as just a pos.

Initial thoughts were that the PAX looked funny but after all the positive reviews I'm just about sold!

I just wish somebody would create a worthy e cig Vaporizer (just like the ones people use in public) that would work for herbs n hiZzy.

MCfunkyJ,

Espo

Day 6 with my Pax and I love it to death. I've let a few of my friends try it including my buddy who only smokes blunts/bongs. We sat in my living room Lastnight totally sober and packed a bowl and put it on medium. After that bowl was finished I packed another and not even half way through the second bowl my buddy looked at me and could not believe he was medicated from this thing. He is ordering a blue one today.

I sure do hope Ploom comes out with some accessories. I'd love a way to charge this in my car, and they should also come out with a case of some sort, maybe even a case with room for a little jar to keep ground up flowers in while your on the run! Maybe even some different colored mouth pieces.

I havent combusted since the day I got this and I also quit smoking cigarettes Monday, and I totally believe the Pax is helping me quit cigs for good, since I don't have to go outside to smoke a joint, I don't even think about a cigarette. If and when I get the urge for a cig I turn the Pax on and hit it once or twice and turn it off.

I have a comment for those who want to pack 0.1g into their Pax...why not just fill it up, take a rip or two and turn it off. And then later turn it back on and do the same, take a rip or two and turn it off? I did this yesterday at work, went out to my car for a break and hit the pax 2 times and went back into work and then finished off the bowl on my way home, and was medicated both times.

Steve S.

Based on what Azlum is saying, there must be tolerance differences with either that metal piece on the bottom of the chamber (the one that looks like it has holes in it but does not) or with the cover which is also designed to allow air through.

As I had said in a previous post, the edges of my metal piece are not completely smooth and are probably designed that way to allow air to flow from the chamber into the steel pipe leading up to the mouthpiece. If it completely covered the bottom with no spaces, no airflow would get in. Maybe there are some tolerance differences between these metal pieces. I would take out the metal piece, check the draw without the cover on and then put it in and check the draw. If there is significant restriction, I'd get Ploom to send you another piece of metal. I'd do the same with the metal piece out and with the cover on and off. Any restriction related to the cover will also tell you if that is the culprit.

As I had said in previous posts, my PAX is easier to pull than my Solo. I remember when I first got the Solo I was surprised at the restrictive nature of the air intake. I got used to it and compared to the Solo, the PAX is much easier to draw, but of course, it isn't free flowing like a Volcano.... but then you can't put a Volcano in your shirt pocket...

Steve S.,

Sushi

Breathe man !
Hello,

I've just joined FC as I want to be part of the Pax's revolution !
I'm going to buy one but as I'm living in France, I'll have to buy the correct 220V AC power adaptor.
Can somebody take a picture of what's written on it and also of the plug, as it I can buy the correct voltage/power/amper one ?

Thanx by advance !

Sushi,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Just chatted with VapeWorld about the overnight shipping. They said they had that as a pre-order special. I had originally opted for the free shipping, then after chatting with them, I added overnight for $25. I'll have it tomorrow so I can play with it this weekend :)

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I see people commenting on the restrictive draw as a negative but honestly - I see it as a positive for this vape. To me, the reduced air to vapor ratio is what provides the thick hits. I liken it to hitting a log vape and I like it better than the IO where you feel like you're sucking on a hot hair dryer...tons of hot air mixed with the vapor compared to the Pax.

So far, I have few gripes with this new vape honestly.

Jurassic

Hey Lo, everyone is different, I get bad feelings just thinking about the draw on the Solo... major headaches. I just can't believe how many are all over this and seems like signing up to FC just for it.

It also appears to me that many are from a combustion background. Enjoy everybody.

Jurassic,

Phizix

Well mine is on the FedEx truck right now and could be here at any moment and I don't want to miss signing for it, anticipation is killing me... :) Want my first vape sesh of the day to be from the Pax so I can really get a good first impression. Ordered from Vapeworld on mon and its arriving thurs with the free ship option.

I'll be comparing it to the CRZ/Log Vape since that has been my daily driver for the last year and my best point of reference.

Phizix,

X24

For those of you who pack a full oven, and use it throughout the day, do you notice a difference between the first high and the next few?

I was always kind of under the impression that the first few hits have a lot more THC and less CBD. Later hits would be full of CBD with little to no THC.

Perhaps I am just over thinking it?

X24,

JoeKickass

Heeeey Joe,

Can you break it down w/ the hiZzy (bubble, wax, oil) n maybe take pics of the abv of those sessions?

Sure it can do everything! Just pack it in the middle of the block of bud to keep the oven the cleanest, I'll try wax on low today. Wax on medium conducted too much heat and got a bit black... knock-out bowl though!

For those of you who pack a full oven, and use it throughout the day, do you notice a difference between the first high and the next few?

I was always kind of under the impression that the first few hits have a lot more THC and less CBD. Later hits would be full of CBD with little to no THC.

Perhaps I am just over thinking it?

No I think you're right, first hits tend to give me energy and the tail end hits are a bit heavy...

Thanks for your help : ) I tried that one, but its the same with no product or product in the oven. When I put the oven cover on is when its like sucking a thick ass milkshake through a cocktail straw lol.
Take the oven cover off and it has resistance, but feels much better. Any ideas?

Ok this should be the issue for anyone who has restriction:

If you look in your heater you'll see the bottom screen/plate
JjFth.jpg

You can take off the mouthpiece and go from the back or you can use a paperclip on the edges and just pop it out
8ZTMZ.jpg

GOILs.jpg

The backside of the screen seems to collect a bit of resin
BB79U.jpg

But as you can see there is zero restriction in the tube/mouthpiece
JaTqe.jpg

So all the restriction has to be coming from a screen that's sealing too well. To fix it just make sure you put the screen in on the left side first and then angle it over the tube so there is a tiny bit of airspace underneath.

There is more restriction when you put the cover on but it shouldn't be difficult to draw with your mouth/cheeks. This isn't a convection vape, you don't need to fill your lungs with hot air, just sip and gulp like a joint or blunt.

Vapor Junkie

A couple of us made it very clear that we have almost no restriction with the oven door off(so the screen is NOT our issue), but when we put on the oven door that is when the Pax becomes super restrictive.

Just wanted to reiterate that point.

Vapor Junkie,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
A couple of us made it very clear that we have almost no restriction with the oven door off(so the screen is NOT our issue), but when we put on the oven door that is when the Pax becomes super restrictive.

Are you trying to breath through the device? I try and "drink" the vapor by not using my diaphragm to inhale, but more like sucking using your mouth/cheeks.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: JoeKickass

JoeKickass

Yeah I saw that and added this: "There is more restriction when you put the cover on but it shouldn't be difficult to draw with your mouth/cheeks. This isn't a convection vape, you don't need to fill your lungs with hot air, just sip and gulp like a joint or blunt."

But I suppose it's possible you guys got a cover that seals too well... maybe they can just send you a new cover?

JoeKickass,

Vapor Junkie

But I suppose it's possible you guys got a cover that seals too well... maybe they can just send you a new cover?

This is what I've been wondering as well. There might be some oven doors that fit much tighter than others.

I still get pretty good hits/clouds from my Pax, even with the restriction. It just takes some time to master the technique.

Vapor Junkie,

JoeKickass

Hey slightly medicated have you found the party mode on any other Pax's? I've done all kinds of circles with mine and nothing...

Ploom wasn't much help:

Ploom said:
I need help finding party mode. I've tried every kind of circle and motion I can think of but it just keeps flashing me the battery level.

Thank you for your interest in Pax. We are not yet releasing the exact instructions on how to activate Party Mode. Happy hunting!

But it's the only thing that's disappointing me about your product, I haven't even been able to find it by accident... My friend can do it by holding his horizontally and cranking his hand in a counter-clockwise circle, is it different for each one or is mine broken?

Funny to hear about your friend... that is not the motion we had in mind when it was developed. I suggest you keep looking. Best of luck.

Drastic

Vape4Life
So I think I figured out why some are having problems with the draw.

Try this:

1) Take the PAX apart and clean well, especially the bottom of the oven, the opening for the air-path, and the underside of the screen. I believe the screen and goo were covering the air-path when the screen is not in right.
2) Insert screen correctly: place edge on opposite side of oven from air-path, use mouthpiece to press down on the center of screen making sure the side with the air-path hole buckles up a little higher. Not much effort required for long slow drags. And I do like the very slight restriction as I'm only getting vapor not a bunch of hot air. The air restriction is perfect.
paxscreen.jpg

3) Keep it clean.

There very well could be variances in the oven lid gap. I'm sure this was very precisely engendered. Try to push the metal part of the lid into the plastic more if possible. I don't have my Pax, but I think I remember having to kind of press the unit with the oven facing down and the lid off against a hard surface to slide the unit a little further into the aluminum sleeve, make it more flush with the bottom of the aluminum sleeve. You would only need perhaps a half of a millimeter more gap to help the air flow if that is the problem.

My replacement PAX is on the truck!!! Only a few more hours! Took off work today to properly receive it:D

Gonna go pay a visit to my favorite dispensary while I still can. LA county you really let me down:cry: September will be a sad month.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hey slightly medicated have you found the party mode on any other Pax's? I've done all kinds of circles with mine and nothing...

I have not gotten my hands on another unit. I know that motion works for me. I can make it turn on every time by making the small circles. I have to do it just like that... so maybe I am doing something minor when I move it that activates it? I do find it annoying they will not tell poeple about the Easter egg... I don't think they understand peoples desire to understand EVERYTHING about how their device functions. I also worry about people not reading anything about a "party mode" and thinking their device is malfunctioning. At first I thought it was some sort of warning light... then I realized hey! Party Mode... but I was looking for it.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Purpl3_Haz3

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I see people commenting on the restrictive draw as a negative but honestly - I see it as a positive for this vape. To me, the reduced air to vapor ratio is what provides the thick hits. I liken it to hitting a log vape and I like it better than the IO where you feel like you're sucking on a hot hair dryer...tons of hot air mixed with the vapor compared to the Pax.

So far, I have few gripes with this new vape honestly.

I'm a big airflow fan, and I have zero issues with the relatively restricted draw. I'm with you, Lo.

Vapinghole,

JoeKickass

Heeeey Joe,

I want a portable that can do it all! I thought the Davinci was a piece of art until it was exposed as just a pos.

Initial thoughts were that the PAX looked funny but after all the positive reviews I'm just about sold!

I just wish somebody would create a worthy e cig Vaporizer (just like the ones people use in public) that would work for herbs n hiZzy.

Wax works well, a little too well! This was all on low:
5pSwc.jpg

0lgbV.jpg

(top it with more flower, I have enough pictures of a fully packed oven lol)
FUTTi.jpg

(The wax seems to super-vape everything underneath it, so next time I'll try putting 3/4 bud, then wax, and less bud on top)
QX4zo.jpg

(oven is clean, abv is pretty damn good!)
OZ3tb.jpg

kushcloud

JUST got my PAX, YAY! Thanks Chad from Vapeworld, you got me this badboy in 2 days. :)
Anyways im charging the unit now, after my charge how many cycles for burnoff? Anything else i need to know before i take this trip to SPACE? :uhoh:

kushcloud,

JoeKickass

Heeeey Joe,

I want a portable that can do it all!

Bubble on medium:
80zMs.jpg

sgnZW.jpg

Add a thin layer of flower on top
BUmVO.jpg

6zyF5.jpg

It got a bit dark so maybe start on low, if your bubble doesn't melt I think you could do 90% bubble and just coat the sides in flower so it doesn't stick to the oven
4hQWH.jpg

Wur6x.jpg

So wax and bubble work, next is oil!

Dammit

JUST got my PAX, YAY! Thanks Chad from Vapeworld, you got me this badboy in 2 days. :)
Anyways im charging the unit now, after my charge how many cycles for burnoff? Anything else i need to know before i take this trip to SPACE? :uhoh:
I noticed you're Canadian also. How was the shipping from the US like? Customs fees? 2 days is not bad at all. Planetvape just sent mine out via Xpresspost so with a little luck, I'll have my pax for the weekend. Their shipment got caught up in customs for a couple days. I can't wait to get my hands on mine! :tup:

Dammit,

Phizix

Did 2 break-in bowls (ovens?) and I am BLASTED.

First was straight high quality flower. Tasted great, didn't get much visible vapor but definitely felt medicated....ABV came out nice

Second time I think I figured out how to pack it right and added some hash in the middle. Got TONS of visible vapor, probably hit it 20+ times...

Not much to say that hasn't been covered, I love it so far. Definitely the portable I have been waiting for.

Phizix,

JoeKickass

So wax and bubble work, next is oil!

Ok last set I swear! Just to show this thing really can do it all, just pack it firmly and sandwich messy concentrates between flower. But even if you make a mess I think it will clean up real well with an iso q-tip...

Joe's Pax, Final Chapter: Oil
9fpLv.jpg

(Started on low and then turned it up to medium)
QiwXG.jpg

D6b3y.jpg

vtEud.jpg

The Pax handles oil and wax surprisingly well, but they actually cash the bowl faster. It feels like you take the whole load in the first 4-6 hits, but that makes sense since the liquid will conduct heat better. Bubble also does this but not as much as the fully melting hashes.

thevapenazi

NO FIRE FOR YOU!!
@JoeKickass: Wow, looks like you've had great luck doing it all! When I used fullmelts and wax, it would drip down the tubing and black goo would spill out into the mouthpiece area when I used the provided pipe cleaner to clean it. Hmm, I wonder what we're doing differently, my liquidy waxes seem to "run" out of the herb and down into the tubing...

thevapenazi,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom