Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espo

How much have you been packing into the oven?

I've been using my pax for almost a week now but also had trouble getting consistent hits in the beginning. I was packing pretty tight bowls (around 0.4g) and found that pulling on it like a cigar (ala SliM) works well.

If I pack less (say, 0.25g-0.3g), then I find that I can use a long, slow, steady draw.

My technique also changes depending on the temperature. On medium, I tend to use a long draw; on high I usually take stacked cigar tokes (gives the vape a little time to cool in my mouth before I inhale).

Keep experimenting to see what works best for you! :tup:

I've been packing the bowl to the top and pushing it in with my finger. Maybe I will try a little less and see how that works.

Espo,

brian420

I've been packing the bowl to the top and pushing it in with my finger. Maybe I will try a little less and see how that works.
the more the better... i fill up the chamber basically all the way up to the edges where the oven lid sits, then push all that down into the oven. gives great hits :D

and when i say where the oven lid sits, i mean i load the thing up as far as i can without it spilling over the top then pack it down.

brian420,

Drastic

Vape4Life
Espo, take a poker and push the screen out. Take a look through the air path, make sure you can see through it. Also i found that abv dust plugs up the little openings around the screen, halfway through the bowl I blow into the mouthpiece to help clear some of it away and also when I dump the avb out. It shouldn't be harder to draw then a well rolled blunt or j, maybe just a tad harder. Feels like a full g rolled in a white owl.

Drastic,

BlazedRunner

run high
What about concentrates, in particular very small quatities of bubble hash? I put a super tiny pinch of bubble hash in my solo and I'm good to go. How does that cavernous oven handle tiny quantities?

BlazedRunner,

Drastic

Vape4Life
I have tried some sandy bubble with great effects, tasted very good for most of the load. I sprinkled a pinch in the oven and turned it up to high and tried to keep the unit on its side to keep the bubble on the walls of the oven. I was a little concerned that the little grains of bubble would fall out between the oven and lid but it is a good tight seal and none fell out. Gonna try some oil and wax when I get my new unit, will report back.

Drastic,

turk

turk
....threw some wax in with bud ...worked fine...I pack a lot, and I pack tight...and my hits are pretty consistent..

turk,

togepi258

Woo! My PAX has arrived. One question for everyone who's received theirs. Was the PAX box not wrapped in anything? Basically open? Just want to make sure someone wasn't going through my mail at FedEx.

togepi258,

Coastal

Woo! My PAX has arrived. One question for everyone who's received theirs. Was the PAX box not wrapped in anything? Basically open? Just want to make sure someone wasn't going through my mail at FedEx.

Mine is due tomorrow and it better be in a discreet plain box securely taped. Yours had no plain outside box with tape sealing it? If not someone opened it.

Coastal,
Hey Espo -
I actually joined the forum after lurking a long time to respond to your post. This is not my first vaporizer I just got my Pax today and after charging and loading I kicked back - and got no vapor at all! Okay - learning curve...but the draw seemed awfully hard. Darn - I just got it and I have to take it apart. Removed the mouthpiece, inserted a pipe cleaner down the draw path and found no obstructions. Reassembled and encountered the same problem - very hard pull! Went to disassemble again for a closer examination. I can pull through the mouthpiece and body of the unit no problem. Put on the oven cover -a little more restricted but OK. Put in the screen and still no draw. Looking closely at the screen I can see there is a design on one side like a screen but the other side is solid. Its like the screen had a design put on it but there are no perforations! Called emailed support but hold out little hope as I had ordered additional screens with the unit but was informed they will not ship until August 15 earliest. Check your screen to see if it has holes. I can't possible the only one that got a solid screen.
Talk about all dressed up and no place to go.....

HephziBubba,

Coastal

Hey Espo -
I actually joined the forum after lurking a long time to respond to your post. This is not my first vaporizer I just got my Pax today and after charging and loading I kicked back - and got no vapor at all! Okay - learning curve...but the draw seemed awfully hard. Darn - I just got it and I have to take it apart. Removed the mouthpiece, inserted a pipe cleaner down the draw path and found no obstructions. Reassembled and encountered the same problem - very hard pull! Went to disassemble again for a closer examination. I can pull through the mouthpiece and body of the unit no problem. Put on the oven cover -a little more restricted but OK. Put in the screen and still no draw. Looking closely at the screen I can see there is a design on one side like a screen but the other side is solid. Its like the screen had a design put on it but there are no perforations! Called emailed support but hold out little hope as I had ordered additional screens with the unit but was informed they will not ship until August 15 earliest. Check your screen to see if it has holes. I can't possible the only one that got a solid screen.
Talk about all dressed up and no place to go.....

That is weird. Cut a plain pipe screen to fit and use that while you wait.

Coastal,

togepi258

Mine is due tomorrow and it better be in a discreet plain box securely taped. Yours had no plain outside box with tape sealing it? If not someone opened it.

My apologies, my wording was wrong. The PAX box DID come in a packaging box. But, the actual PAX box was not wrapped in plastic or whatever. This is common with vaporizers, it looks so fancy though, I almost felt like it was previously wrapped haha. Of course, I could just be acting paranoid.

togepi258,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Check your screen to see if it has holes. I can't possible the only one that got a solid screen.

The screen is supposed to be solid. The little dents in the one side of the screen are just meant for decoration. The screen has rounded corners and the vapor travels around the rounded corners to the vapor path/tube. Try sucking on it like you would a milkshake, draw with your mouth more then your lungs. See if that helps.

Slightly Medicated,

Steve S.

I've had the PAX since Aug 1st and never had trouble pulling on it. It's always been smooth. I fill it to the top and don't pack it down I just put on the cover. I use the medium heat setting and have pulled on it slowly as well as used the cigar smoking technique. I just cleaned it and inspected the 'screen'. It is not a screen - its a solid metal plate. However the sides of that metal plate are serated. The vapor would then be sucked out from the edges which seems like a good idea. I think those who are having pulling problems may be using very finely ground 'herb' which would plug up the spaces around the plate. So my advice is to use a grinder but make sure you're not filling it with powdery herb. Medium grind similar to what's used in a cigarette works perfectly. Let us know if that helps.

Steve S.,
Wow! Talk a about support! I feel all warm and fuzzy! I am going to try to use not so fine a grind and experiment with draw etc. I am sure I will get a handle on it. I was basing my question on the picture SliM posted on page 2 of this thread. It seemed that you could see through the screen and see the bottom of the intake pipe. THen I read all your responses and looked at the Ploom site were they clearly state the screen is solid.
Doh!

HephziBubba,

llama1892

Aaron Rodgers Afficianado
Just got mine in the mail :)
Never been so excited... Charging er' up!
Let you guys know what I think when I get to my first use!
Happy vaping!

llama1892,

togepi258

Just got mine in the mail :)
Never been so excited... Charging er' up!
Let you guys know what I think when I get to my first use!
Happy vaping!

I just used mine for the first time. I have an extremely high tolerance, and wasn't liking it at first. I raised it from medium to High, and loaded a fresh bowl. It...was pretty rough, I should probably try starting at Medium again. BUT, I was getting some awesome clouds and am now extremely medicated. Once that baby is charged, get ready for some fun!

brian420

heres a picture of what the package looked like upon arrival... from vapeworld:
125t2rs.jpg

togepi258

That's exactly what mine looked like, but what about the inside? Was that box wrapped in anything?

togepi258,

brian420

That's exactly what mine looked like, but what about the inside? Was that box wrapped in anything?
nope, my pax box wasn't shrink wrapped. upon opening the package was able to slide it right open :)

seems normal to me since it isn't like a normal product being sold on the shelves of a store, fairly sure the only reason they would shrink wrap it would be to avoid theft.

brian420,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
So.. I guess since Ploom is trying to distance itself from its main customers(us BAD people) we wont be seeing any cool mouth piece type add on's. Seems like the way the mouth piece was designed and connects to the Pax, it has potential for like Gong fitting mouth pieces etc.. Maybe Ploom would subcontract out to someone like Vapeworld or Planet vape to market and sell them so that way Ploom can pretend they are not making them... Would LOVE some "made and tested" for the Pax hookups for my Glass pieces.. (So far Boobs and others have come up with some great workarounds) But would still like to see Ploom(Umm I mean Planet Vape) come out with some "official" Pax add ons..

Kuroth1,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
sent my pax in for replacement, did have a fun wax filled weekend with it before saying good-bye. hhahah hopefully replacement comes before the weekend which is the only real time i really need it.

ilovebOObs,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom