Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I removed the post and told him I love him, and put him on ignore as indicated.

I enjoy participating here and provide plenty of info and assistance when I can.

This could have been handled in an IM, but clearly you wish to make a public point, so you do what you have to do, friend.

That's right, it could have been handled in a PM. I decided not to because it would have left the impression that your behaviour was acceptable. Instead, I gave you a second break and it still wasn't good enough for you. If you really had to respond, however, using a PM is exactly what you should have done.

pakalolo,

Wizsteve

Sorry if I upset some, but I said ,The unit cannot handle the stickyIcky.and is It is not worth the $270.00.
On high it tears through the load. On med, it's not hot enough. It probably is my fault
I vape brown weed only!
The mouth piece is really a poor concept.It was progressively getting worse after each cleaning.
There has to be better made units for portable vaporizers than the Pax.
I don't work for any vaporizer company,
I just vaporize.

T

well of course you would upset some ppl your very first post did sound like your bashing the pax in the pax thread (kinda odd )

the mouthpiece is fine however the placement of the button could had been farther away .

if you find it is getting worse like you say after each cleaning than this is user error your using too much iso getting it in the wrong places (never on the button)
lube should be used also.

Sorry brown herb is not the stickicky, there is a reason it turns brown which will effect the way it vapes and smokes(it will also lack oils and moisture found in green/purple herb)

your last statement well sounds a bit odd/fishy to me ,you working for another vaporizer company was never on any one thoughts till you mentioned it (your very first time posting brand new account )

You also mentioned it cost 270? or at least it cost you 270? the pax cost 225-250 directly from ploom..so guessing you live outside of shipping? so you bought else where ebay perhaps? this also means it could be a fake so all your statements bashing the pax would be false and you really be bashing a fake.

Any ways there are vids on cleaning that will help you .

You can add moisture or oil to your herb to make it vape more slowly .

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

Jman5280

How many vapers posting here use their Pax daily?

Every day. Right now.

which is why I came to this thread...

as of late I have been avoiding the high setting bc it irritates my throat. I can get a good 20 minutes out of a full pack by doing 10 minutes on low and 10 minutes on medium which turns the material to a dark green/light brown. Since I am avoiding the high setting now I am wondering how much bud I am wasting since I am not burning it that high.

Does the high setting get you more high? or does it just vape it faster?

Also, when I use the high setting I feel like it burns the buds, they look like a charred bowl...anyone else have this happen?

Jman5280,

MolecularConcept

I pack mine up do a few rips on medium and shut it off ill do 2 more personal mini sesh then 1 on high after that its toast and saved for cooking

The higher the temp the deeper the extraction. The heavier the molecule the more energy (heat) is needed to vaporize it

MolecularConcept,

Jman5280

I pack mine up do a few rips on medium and shut it off ill do 2 more personal mini sesh then 1 on high after that its toast and saved for cooking

The higher the temp the deeper the extraction. The heavier the molecule the more energy (heat) is needed to vaporize it

Is there any estimate of how much is being wasted by not going to high? I never thought about cooking with the leftovers...once burned on high, it's damn near black, what else is left?

Jman5280,

MolecularConcept

Shoot I can't pretend to know what's left or in what am mounts. I made brownies with 16g ABV and they were pretty good a small brownie had me nicely stoned. My girlfriend won't eat more than a few bites she says she gets too effed up lol. ITs a very indica like high so I imagine its got more cbd than THC..

Sorry I'm derailing the thread I'll stop now

MolecularConcept,
Every day. Right now.

which is why I came to this thread...

as of late I have been avoiding the high setting bc it irritates my throat. I can get a good 20 minutes out of a full pack by doing 10 minutes on low and 10 minutes on medium which turns the material to a dark green/light brown. Since I am avoiding the high setting now I am wondering how much bud I am wasting since I am not burning it that high.

Does the high setting get you more high? or does it just vape it faster?

Also, when I use the high setting I feel like it burns the buds, they look like a charred bowl...anyone else have this happen?

The higher setting you go, the more it will be like a bowl or should I say body high...

Put it this way, the higher temp you have, the hotter the fire will burn so the more the wood (bud) will get burt... At the same time the more it will irate your lungs/throat...

Don't waste your time with a high setting with a vape... If you are going to do that just hit a bowl or bong...

Last edited:
VapeMan980,
Reactions: Jman5280

NickDlow

Log Hog
I use mine all day everyday n pack the oven about half way n use the double screen method which in my opinions works the best it's an even vape every time without stirring the oven and always on high I love the thick clouds and herbs get dark but never charred it's nothing like a bowl there is zero combustion on the high heat combustion starts around 500 degrees forgive me if I'm off but u get the point lol anyway I love this thing and plan on using everyday till it sadly won't work one day I wish the battery was in the ten year warranty haha oh well

NickDlow,
I use mine all day everyday n pack the oven about half way n use the double screen method which in my opinions works the best it's an even vape every time without stirring the oven and always on high I love the thick clouds and herbs get dark but never charred it's nothing like a bowl there is zero combustion on the high heat combustion starts around 500 degrees forgive me if I'm off but u get the point lol anyway I love this thing and plan on using everyday till it sadly won't work one day I wish the battery was in the ten year warranty haha oh well

Yeah you are right.. Sorry about that other post. I was drunk..

Using Pax on high is still better health wise than smoking a bowl or bong.. I'd imagine it's significantly better than using a bong...

VapeMan980,

Jman5280

Yea but you are right about high settings on vapes...

I feel like try are as harsh as a bowl and they irritate me enough. High settings on every vaporizer I own have ultimately been avoided.

With the pax since I don't go above medium I end up with a bunch of brown and dark green flowers...is there any substantial amount of THC left that would make the leftover burned flowers useful? I know people cook but one guy said he needed 16grams of used pax flower to get a brownie...seems like way to much effort for a brownie.

After I stir a pax bowl, and go up to medium, I just throw my used flower away...

Jman5280,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Actives in ABV depend on how thoroughly the material has been vaped. I do not suggest eating 16 grams your first go of it. I had a 16 grams divided into 4 brownies so 4g brownies each. One brownie is more than enough for me.. If you stay on medium, I think maybe you'll have some goodies left, especially if it's not that uniform of ABV?

KidFated.,

Jman5280

what does ABV stand for? :hmm:

I do stay on medium so the buds are usually dark green or brownish...there is always some green left in the color...

I have about 10 grams in front of me right now...whats a easy way to bake with this? I have never done this...

Jman5280,

MolecularConcept

That was 16 grams for a whole tray of brownies bro.

I had a few ounces of pot I just kept vaping and dumping the duff in a baby food jar she. It was full I weighed it and made a batch of brownies. If your just throwing your abv in an ashtray what have you got to lose?

Jman5280

That was 16 grams for a whole tray of brownies bro.

I had a few ounces of pot I just kept vaping and dumping the duff in a baby food jar she. It was full I weighed it and made a batch of brownies. If your just throwing your abv in an ashtray what have you got to lose?

true that. so now the question is what do i do with the ABV? whats the method to turn it into brownie? EDIT: just saw your PM, THANKS!

Jman5280,

Jman5280

i mentioned this in another thread but i realize i shoudl of asked you PAX users...my bad on semi-duplicate content, I will get str8 to the point:

When i clean my PAX with 70% iso...I do all the proper steps that you are supposed to. I tend to think I over-dry to let all the ISO evaporate. I usually will turn PAX on several times on high and let it burn off any ISO that would remain. Then I will even let dry for another hour or so...

Regardless on how long I let PAX sit to dry and evaporate any ISO that may remain, I still get this sweet taste of what i think is iso? maybe it is just the taste of a clean pax? I have let dry for 48 hours and I still get the same taste form letting it dry for only 30 minutes.

*Pax will also have a sweet smell to it, its hard for me to say if its the ISO or just the smell of the vaped pax...(i know what ISO smells like, but this would be different since it is dried ISO)

anyone else?

Jman5280,

redijedi808

i mentioned this in another thread but i realize i shoudl of asked you PAX users...my bad on semi-duplicate content, I will get str8 to the point:

When i clean my PAX with 70% iso...I do all the proper steps that you are supposed to. I tend to think I over-dry to let all the ISO evaporate. I usually will turn PAX on several times on high and let it burn off any ISO that would remain. Then I will even let dry for another hour or so...

Regardless on how long I let PAX sit to dry and evaporate any ISO that may remain, I still get this sweet taste of what i think is iso? maybe it is just the taste of a clean pax? I have let dry for 48 hours and I still get the same taste form letting it dry for only 30 minutes.

*Pax will also have a sweet smell to it, its hard for me to say if its the ISO or just the smell of the vaped pax...(i know what ISO smells like, but this would be different since it is dried ISO)

anyone else?

I suggest you search for the Pax Cleaning Tutorial from @GraffiX. Very informative and efficient. I started using his method, including how to pack it, and it has increased the Pax's performance. Highly recommended.

redijedi808,

Jman5280

I suggest you search for the Pax Cleaning Tutorial from @GraffiX. Very informative and efficient. I started using his method, including how to pack it, and it has increased the Pax's performance. Highly recommended.

yea...I'm more worried about if I inhaling the ISO...wondering if other people experience what i described above. I don't know why or what this semi sweet taste/smell is. Maybe its just a clean pax after being cleaned? As I describe above, I let it dry and heat up for a long time to remove any remaining ISO...I can't believe there is still ISO left but I can't rule it out...

Jman5280,

redijedi808

yea...I'm more worried about if I inhaling the ISO...wondering if other people experience what i described above. I don't know why or what this semi sweet taste/smell is. Maybe its just a clean pax after being cleaned? As I describe above, I let it dry and heat up for a long time to remove any remaining ISO...I can't believe there is still ISO left but I can't rule it out...
I would focus on 91% ISO...makes a huge difference.

redijedi808,

Jman5280

I would focus on 91% ISO...makes a huge difference.

yea but 70% should just take longer to evaporate....and with my method it should be LONG GONE after i have heated, reheated, let sit for 2 hours, heat again, wait longer....

waiting for PAX users to chime in...

Jman5280,

NickDlow

Log Hog
I use nu vape it's and organic cleaner and works just as good if not better than ISO and it evaporates in ten min but even if there is any left behind it's not harmful at all... Not saying it's the best but it works for me n after each cleaning it feels like I just opened the box up for the first time haha well happy vaping ppl

NickDlow,

Jman5280

I use nu vape it's and organic cleaner and works just as good if not better than ISO and it evaporates in ten min but even if there is any left behind it's not harmful at all... Not saying it's the best but it works for me n after each cleaning it feels like I just opened the box up for the first time haha well happy vaping ppl

Thanks! I'm interested in hearing about out PAX owners who get this ISO taste...

What's the worst that will happen to you if minor amounts of ISO are left once dried? I feel like that's what's happening because the sweet smell/taste goes away after a few packs...

Jman5280,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom