Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux3214

Hey vapeman, on the matter of your parents smelling your vaping, it is dependent on the ventilation and relative isolation of your upstairs room to wherever they are. The solo is more or less sealed as the air enters at the bottom of the device and the herb is at the very top, sealed in by the stem. The pax with its oven door as the air intake as well as what keeps the herb contained, makes it significantly smellier than the solo - think solo's aromatherapy bowl but with herb. In my experience, even down the hall, the smell is noticeable if they know what to smell for. Hope this helps, because the pax is a beautiful piece of hardware, but not necessarily the stealthiest.

Also, if you'e with parents, cleaning every week with heavy usage might be a more of a hassle. "Son! Why are there pipe cleaners in the toilet!"

linux3214,
Hey vapeman, on the matter of your parents smelling your vaping, it is dependent on the ventilation and relative isolation of your upstairs room to wherever they are. The solo is more or less sealed as the air enters at the bottom of the device and the herb is at the very top, sealed in by the stem. The pax with its oven door as the air intake as well as what keeps the herb contained, makes it significantly smellier than the solo - think solo's aromatherapy bowl but with herb. In my experience, even down the hall, the smell is noticeable if they know what to smell for. Hope this helps, because the pax is a beautiful piece of hardware, but not necessarily the stealthiest.

Also, if you'e with parents, cleaning every week with heavy usage might be a more of a hassle. "Son! Why are there pipe cleaners in the toilet!"

Thanks bro..

Looks like I'll stick with the Solo for now..

VapeMan980,
Reactions: linux3214

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Can you guys tell if this product is fake or not?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/ele/4482811255.html

it really looks legit the only "give away" was he mentioned "I have a brand new Pax manufactured by an alternative party" and the 130$ price tag.

the finish looks the same as the real one and even the cleaning package looks real.

Those pictures are not good enough to make a clear determination. They appear to be of a real Pax, but the question you should ask yourself is whether they are pictures of the item you're buying. Based on what he says in the ad, there's no doubt that this guy is selling counterfeits.

1150A

My PAX temp light is not coming on at all. Pushing the button does not change anything, right now I'm stuck on orange.

Anyone have this issue?

1150A,

Jerry Vedder

I have had my Pax since Christmas. I am happy with my investment. Before I bought my Pax I rarely smoked. A couple of hits once a week or so. My lungs throat just couldn't tolerate it anymore. I got turned onto a Pax last summer and said "I need one of these"!
Was there a little learning curve? Absolutely. The draw..the grind..screen..no screen..firmly packed...oven temp..you get the idea. I have no other vape to compare it to because I've tried no others. Again I love my Pax.
An oven usually lasts me 2 days when I share after work. Cleaning is a breeze which is about every 2 weeks. But I have found that after a cleaning it takes about 3 ovens to where I get maximum vapage...aka clicking on all cylinders. I thought maybe it was the strain or strains because I usually have a few different ones but I don't think that's the case.
Is the Pax the best portable vape on the market? I haven't a clue. All I know is I'm a Pax fan and happy.....vape on my friends....happy trails!!

Beaunaire

My PAX temp light is not coming on at all. Pushing the button does not change anything, right now I'm stuck on orange.

Anyone have this issue?

I had this two winters ago and it wasn't heating either. Vapeworld replaced it within a week.

Beaunaire,

Curiousone

Hey guys,

Just ordered a Pax today. I have the Solo and love it but once I saw a video of the Pax I knew it was for me. I'm a looks person so it's the obvious choice. I love the Solo but having it lay around - it looks almost like a crack pipe with the glass stems.. I am living with my parents right now (SUCKS) to save up some cash so that's a problem.

My question is this. I understand the Pax smells more than the Solo? If I'm in my room and my parents are down stairs and I'm hitting the Pax, what are the chances they'll smell it? With the Solo as long as I blow it out the window and only do say a 6 minute session I'm usually fine.

Thanks..
I felt the same way about my solo stems...looked like a crack pipe! Ed's tnt wood stems helped that.

I still ended up with a Pax. And love it, but it will def produce more odor than the Solo. Imo, it will make the room smell, but if you keep the door shut and exhale out the window like you said...then it surely will not travel down the hall and down the stairs.

Plus after 20-30 minutes or so with the window open, it should be difficult to detect in the room.

Honestly, after a year of using the Solo and my previous experience with the Volcano...I was surprised by the odor of the Pax. It is still very manageable when compared to combustion...Doesn't stick to your clothes, etc. Plus, much faster to dissipate.

I felt the same way about my solo stems...looked like a crack pipe! Ed's tnt wood stems helped that.

I still ended up with a Pax. And love it, but it will def produce more odor than the Solo. Imo, it will make the room smell, but if you keep the door shut and exhale out the window like you said...then it surely will not travel down the hall and down the stairs.

Plus after 20-30 minutes or so with the window open, it should be difficult to detect in the room.

Honestly, after a year of using the Solo and my previous experience with the Volcano...I was surprised by the odor of the Pax. It is still very manageable when compared to combustion...Doesn't stick to your clothes, etc. Plus, much faster to dissipate.

Got ya..

I sold the Solo on eBay.. Need the cash and I need to take a break from smoking so damn much. I broke my arm 5 weeks ago and I've been so bored I've been blazing basically every day.

I will definitely be buying another Vaporizer very soon and I'll probably go with the Pax... It just looks so beautiful... I can manage the smell by going outside if anything. I should be moving out soon anyway...

Anyone find themselves smoking more now that they vape? I used to smoke on weekends but now with the vape I smoke almost everyday.. There's no paranoia with vaporizers which was my main gripe with smoking, that and the health..

VapeMan980,

Chronquistador

Hey all! I'm a new pax owner and new to the community. I have some concerns about my unit though. Two things stand out the most about it. The blue coloring doesn't seem correct, and it won't go into party mode. Color schemes are correct & serial number starts BI. If anyone can clarify or direct me to the proper thread to find out if I have a faulty unit or counterfeit I would be grateful. Thanks so much

Chronquistador,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Hey all! I'm a new pax owner and new to the community. I have some concerns about my unit though. Two things stand out the most about it. The blue coloring doesn't seem correct, and it won't go into party mode. Color schemes are correct & serial number starts BI. If anyone can clarify or direct me to the proper thread to find out if I have a faulty unit or counterfeit I would be grateful. Thanks so much
If you didn't buy it from Ploom or a reputable vendor it "might" be a fake. Why don't you try and register it with Ploom?

VaporsVaporizer,
Reactions: gangababa

Curiousone

Anyone find themselves smoking more now that they vape? I used to smoke on weekends but now with the vape I smoke almost everyday.. There's no paranoia with vaporizers which was my main gripe with smoking, that and the health..

Yep...my usage increased for about the first couple weeks. Slowly leveled within a month or so. Within 2-3 months had already saved more money on material than the Solo itself costed! (this was when I first switched from combustion to vape)

Now, I use more on average than I did a year or so ago. Getting rid of my Solo and exclusively using a Pax and Plenty have a lot to do with that. STill less than I combusted.

Curiousone,

Chronquistador

Wasn't aware of warranty or "fakes" until after I purchased off eBay for $200. Already in the return process. Waiting for refund so I can order from authorized retailer. Had I known before hand about all this trickery, I would have just paid retail and ordered from Ploom. Now it's back glass and papers. Smoking just doesn't do it for me anymore...

Chronquistador,
So what made you guys choose the Pax over the Solo despite the Solos cheaper price?

Btw VaporsVaporizer I love your avatar. What strain is that?

VapeMan980,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
So what made you guys choose the Pax over the Solo despite the Solos cheaper price?

I bought my Pax first because i was looking for a portable for using outside , i got my Solo later.
That's Fruity Pebbles in my Avi. I'm sure that's doctored and if it's not, i'd love to try some :lol:

VaporsVaporizer,

Chronquistador

I choose it for several reasons. Pax's ease of use and discreet durable compact design are at the top. I do residential construction. I use it on the job site, so I don't want it drawing attention. Hell, my crew leader didn't know what it was until I explained.

I never smoked on job sites before because of the odor. Now I can vape anytime and no one can tell. Pax is my first vape and man is it amazing!

Chronquistador,
Reactions: gangababa

budbandito720

Should I get a pax or pinnacle pro for my first portable vape?

I like the pax due to the sleek look and if everyone is buying them something must be good

And the pinnacle gets my attention cause of price and can use with wax

budbandito720,
I bought my Pax first because i was looking for a portable for using outside , i got my Solo later.
That's Fruity Pebbles in my Avi. I'm sure that's doctored and if it's not, i'd love to try some :lol:

You and me both!

budbandito72,

No one can really answer that question for you. There's no vaporizer that is the definitive "best," right now. If I were you I'd look at reviews of each vaporizer and decide which one has features that are the most important to you and get that one. Good luck

Last edited:

Jethro

For what its worth, i sent my pax back to ploom to find out that its a counterfeit. Paid 250 bucks at the store and the box looked legit. But it aint.

Store owner says he'll do a refund, but since mine isnt working, "we'll see," he says.

I wonder what my recourse is. Can i take him to small claims court? Im kinda pissed.

Dude, can we PLEASE post the name of this store so we can avoid it? Or maybe the town/city it's located and maybe some other thing like what color the logo is- you know, to avoid any liability issues. We need to avoid this PAX seller. I'd just like to know if it was purchased at the store I frequent.

DopeFight

I'm still locked in a debate with myself of getting the Pax or an Indica...

A friend of mine has a Pax and I love his... he says it's an awesome unit and his only two complaints are that it has to be cleaned after only a few sessions and that the chamber is a little big especially that it has to be packed tightly to work properly.

I have never used an Indica model. but they look interesting and like they may be a good investment. They clam it doesn't have to be cleaned as often and I think the chamber spacer to lessen up your chamber space is a great add on!

Can anyone who's had experience with both tell me which one they recommend overall? The Indica or The Pax?

DopeFight,

Curiousone

I bought my Solo first. I chose it over the Pax at the time because the Pax was still fairly new and still had some bugs. Plus, I wasn't sure if I wanted a unit that required so much cleaning and fussing. Price was a consideration, but the Solo received awesome reviews. I loved my Solo for about a year (quit combusting with it), but began to want a larger chamber for when I'm with friends and I didn't feel the Solo was portable or discreet enough.

So, I bought a Pax. At first, I preferred my Solo over the Pax only using the Pax when out and about. Once I got used to it and started using a folded screen as a spacer, I began to really see my Pax shine. Also, I got the cleaning schedule down to once a week or less (honestly every 1.5-2 weeks). Within a week or two, I had sold my Solo!

I do think the Indica seems like a close runner up, but the size and shiny finish distract from the discretion side. If they offer a black one, that will alleviate some concerns in that department. I still really like the Solo, but as my usage changed, I needed something that had a bigger chamber and was smaller. I can vape almost anywhere (outside) without a notice.

Curiousone,
Can anyone who's had experience with both tell me which one they recommend overall? The Indica or The Pax?

I don't have experience with either but the thing that bothers me with the Indica is the fact it looks like a lighter.

If I'm in a car driving or walking my dog and someone sees me taking a drag they are going to be like wtf? Or if I'm in my car in a parking lot taking a drag it's going to bring too much attention IMO. With the Pax you won't have that problem.

Plus, I've never seen a lighter that is as big as the Indica so if you have it lying around the house and someone sees it, again, they will probably be like wtf? With the Pax put iphone headphones around it people will just think it's some generic mp3 player.

But from what I understand the Indica has better vape quality and is easier to clean. So it's really what features are important to you when deciding.

VapeMan980,

Curiousone

It really is pretty discreet. I understand what you mean, but in usage...You're taking quick tokes when you hit it. It's palmable, so all this amounts to very little to see for someone who has no clue. This is from a distance...(in a car, walking the dog, down an alley(j/k), etc.)

For someone a little more suspicious, it looks like a larger ecig. This is one point most people easily give to the Pax compared to most other portable vapes. I'm not talking about using it right in front of someone though if that's what you mean.

I'd also like to add that there is no portable vape out there that looks as good as the Pax does.

If you are a person who cares a lot about looks then the Pax is definitely the vape to get. As soon as I saw one I knew I had to get it.

VapeMan980,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom