Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian420

How to clean your PAX:

You can click through to YouTube.com and view it in 1080p HD for the best audio/video quality.
not trying to be rude... but did you even watch the instructional video posted by ploom? they specifically say "do not submerse the oven lid", and instead suggest cleaning with a q-tip, bent pipe cleaner, or wet wipe.

brian420,

suhbliem

Grower
Fed ex just arrived with my Pax. Charging up right now and awaiting a full session with first impressions. 21 day T break has finally ended.

there's gotta be tufts of hair missing from your head from that kind of stress and abuse

suhbliem,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
crap it looks like the button to change temps on mine is not working or too stiff to press.

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

hahah yea i got that part. i had to press it down kinda hard with finger nail, i hope it gets better with time.

ilovebOObs,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
not trying to be rude... but did you even watch the instructional video posted by ploom? they specifically say "do not submerse the oven lid", and instead suggest cleaning with a q-tip, bent pipe cleaner, or wet wipe.

I wrote them last month and asked if it was okay to do so. They told me yes it was. I guess they changed their mind since then.

I am simply showing the way I am cleaning my PAX unit. If you don't want to cleaning it that way, then you don't have to.

terpsfan726

Really looking forward to what other people think of it in comparison to the top portable vaporizers on the market

Oh ya and SliM, when I saw that video i was thinking the samething as the other guy. Not knowing that you contacted them about, I was worried that you
were going to damage your unit and that would suck

terpsfan726,

KRnoS

I just got mine too! It is currently charging and I'm taking it to work so I can vape after I get off. I also never had a grinder so the one that VapeWorld sent me will come in use. I always just use a nickle in a bottle or something.

KRnoS,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Really looking forward to what other people think of it in comparison to the top portable vaporizers on the market

Oh ya and SliM, when I saw that video i was thinking the samething as the other guy. Not knowing that you contacted them about, I was worried that you
were going to damage your unit and that would suck

I have done it a bunch of times... and it never caused any problems. Last time I asked them they said it was fine to soak the mouthpiece and the oven lid. I did just check my e-mail and the company wrote me already and said... "don't soak the oven lid." I guess they changed their mind or something... or I was given bad info.

Perhaps the reason they recommend not soaking the oven lid in ISO is that it can maybe get stuck behind the metal part of the oven lid... that is pure speculation on my part. That might cause damage to the unit later if you don't let it completely dry out... again speculating.

Now I am faced with a very annoying decision... re-shoot the video and fix the issue, or just note in the information not to soak the oven lid. I would rather re-do the video... but that one took about 8 hours to produce... so I would be looking at another days worth of work.

Slightly Medicated,

Vapor Junkie

No need to reshoot the vid and go through all that work. Just add an annotation to the vid at the appropriate spot. We wont hold it against you :)

Awesome job btw. Can't wait to see the review!

Vapor Junkie,
Reactions: Tim

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Don't worry about redoing the video man, you can add an annotation at the start and during the part where you say it and that will work just fine.

CentiZen,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
This thing is a serious little vape. Will report back more when I'm not so fucking blitzed(!).

tranceporter,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
No need to reshoot the vid and go through all that work. Just add an annotation to the vid at the appropriate spot. We wont hold it against you :)

Awesome job btw. Can't wait to see the review!
Don't worry about redoing the video man, you can add an annotation at the start and during the part where you say it and that will work just fine.

I will probably have to re-do the video. I have OCD and am a perfectionist. Having the wrong info out there REALLY bothers me. The last thing I need is someone trying to file a lawsuit against me because they failed to read my notation about not soaking the oven lid in the description and their device broke because of it.

Slightly Medicated,

ilovebOObs

I will probably have to re-do the video. I have OCD and am a perfectionist. Having the wrong info out there REALLY bothers me. The last thing I need is someone trying to file a lawsuit against me because they failed to read my notation about not soaking the oven lid in the description and their device broke because of it.

too late lawsuit is already on its way!!! :lol:

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: BryE23

terpsfan726

Nonono no need at all to redo the entire video. I think we would all rather you just add the annotation then just work in the review instead of the redo video

terpsfan726,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Glad to hear they are getting into the public's hands & look forward to seeing others diversified reviews.

I luv the idea of the PAX, but I just can't afford to play the 'I wanna be first' game on a new product.

smokum,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
dam this sucks my lhs was supposed to have it in today, not until tomorrow ><

bummer... sorry about that. Hope you called first and did not drive in to far to find out. I know I would have been bummed out.

crap where is an unfrozen caveman lawyer when you need one. :D

not sure why pax would need a pouch it so solid, been walking around with it in my pant pocket with no problems so far.

I think i agree, although I could see it getting scratched by your keys over time if you kept them in the same pocket.

Okay about the cleaning video. I am going to re-shoot it... Although I will do the video review first. I think for now I will just switch the old cleaning video to unlisted instead of public.

Slightly Medicated,

KRnoS

I was going to say I LOVE how it is packaged. Reminds me of how Apple products are (and any high end/expensive electronic item)

I have mine wrapped around a microfiber towel inside my backpack so it doesn't get scratched. Love how sturdy it feels

KRnoS,

brian420

I wrote them last month and asked if it was okay to do so. They told me yes it was. I guess they changed their mind since then.

I am simply showing the way I am cleaning my PAX unit. If you don't want to cleaning it that way, then you don't have to.
i had to ask because it does seem like soaking the lid would be a much more efficient way of cleaning it completely, good to know that ploom has given the go ahead on the iso soak.

maybe blow-drying the lid for a few minutes after the soak would be an appropriate way to rid of any left over iso?

thanks for the video anyway, very well done.

i should have my pax by tomorrow, very excited :D

brian420,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
i had to ask because it does seem like soaking the lid would be a much more efficient way of cleaning it completely, good to know that ploom has given the go ahead on the iso soak.

maybe blow-drying the lid for a few minutes after the soak would be an appropriate way to rid of any left over iso?

thanks for the video anyway, very well done.

i should have my pax by tomorrow, very excited :D

The lid really does not even get that dirty. I was throwing it in the ISO with my other parts because it was easier. They really recommend you that you don't soak the lid. I would probably follow their advice and not soak the oven lid. A little ISO on a q-tip should clean the oven well enough. Overall, it is a pretty easy device to clean.

Slightly Medicated,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom